Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
Cazgal
Mouseketeer

Cazgals - Our Lucky Nugget Trip - day 4

Thursday 10th April

Today was to be our first “full day” in the parks. The alarm went off at 7am and by half past we were in the Chuck Wagon for breakfast – however the queue was huge so we decided to grab a bite to eat in the parks later on as we really wanted to be at the parks for 8am and the EMH.

However, it seemed that this morning the park had some “difficulties” as we weren’t allowed in until 15-20 mins past 8. Still not sure why they didn’t open the parks up at 8am … by the time we were let in, a crowd had started to grow behind us. However, we still managed to ride Peter Pan (three times), Dumbo (twice), the Teacups (twice) before heading across to Discoveryland and doing Buzz (twice), Orbitron and Space Mountain (twice). We all loved Peter Pan and agreed we would head for that one first thing tomorrow morning.

orbitron

By this time it was almost 10am so we quickly walked to Frontierland to get ready for BTMR … there was quite a queue to get into the Land via Fort Comstock (next time I will use Hildamuriels tip and use the side entrance) but within 10 mins we were on BTMR and had a FP for 10.30am ….

btmr

After our FP ride we headed to Main Street and had a cup of coffee and some breakfast – a nice break after quite a busy morning. It was nice to sit and watch the world go by – although there were still no huge crowds about.

We picked up a FP for Star Tours and walked to It’s a Small World where we saw quite a few characters – Perla, Eyore, King John, Peter Pan – DD picked up a few more autographs.

perla

chip

eyore

Then we rode IaSW twice (another walk on ride). It was then time to head back to DiscoveryLand for our FP time for Star Tours –a super fun ride !

We then waited 5 mins for Honey ! I Shrunk the Kids – a great “ride” and also nice to sit down for a while. By this time we were all getting a little tired after our early start so the relaxing sit down was quite welcome (that was until the rats attacked!!).

We headed out of the park at this point to catch the Stunt Show, but noticing the Train ride round the park was a walk on at Main Street we quickly boarded the train. This was a great idea as we got to see the park from some great angles. It took about 20 minutes to go round the entire park, but was well worth the time.

train

BTMR from the train ...

BTMR from train

Headed to the Studios for the Stunt Show – just about right on the time as they were just starting to let people in (it was about 25 minutes before show time when we got there) Got some greats seats right at the front on the left (so we would be some of the first out of the show at the end). Had a bite to eat while we waited for the show.

The show itself was great – really action packed and lots of fun. DH loved the show – and was amazed at how talented the drivers had to be – DD also loved the excitement and fast paced element of the show …. And we spotted the Hidden Mickey’s posted on this forum before we went !

stunt

stunt show

We had a slow walk out of the Studios (via the umbrella again for DD who was transfixed by this for some reason !), and to Walts for our dinner at 4.30pm – we were early (about 4pm) but we hoped we would get a table by the window. The CM downstairs told us there wasn’t one free but she could put us by the side window, which would still have a view of the parade. I was a little annoyed as we had been in earlier in the day and the CM on duty had then said that we couldn’t book specific tables, but that she was fairly certain a window table would be OK at the time we had booked. Once we were seated, DH decided to check that all the tables were actually “full”. In actual fact they weren’t and he managed to get us a great table over looking Main Street !

We had a super meal – well worth visiting Walts as the food and ambience is perfect after a hectic day in the Parks. As our main course arrived so did the parade – we had a great view of the parade and took some great photos.

parade mickey

parade

toy parade

eyore parade

peter p

snowwhite

cinderella

We then headed back to our room for a rest as we were booked in at 9.15pm in café Mickey for a evening meal.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Cazgal
Mouseketeer

cont .....

We headed back to the Parks for Candlebration – which we weren’t going to do, but I am so pleased we did as it was one of my favourite moments in the Parks! It was also nice to see the park atnight - it is beautiful !

candel

Then it was out of the park … waving bye-bye to Mickey as we went. DD loved this and didn't want to leave him !

mickey bye

Down to the Disney Village, a quick spot of shopping for DD and to café Mickey – again about 15 minutes earlier than our reserved slot, but this posed no problem and we were seated very quickly.

This was probably our favourite character dining experience. The interaction again was superb.

The first to our table was the loveable Mickey.

mickey cm

I kissed his cheek and he grabbed me by the hand and ran off with me !

mickey run cm

But ofc, we had to come back - he found this really funny and was laughing a lot !

mickey giggle

My DD was really laughing at me and Mickey - so was DH, although he never actually complained I was running off with another man !

Next was Goofy - he again was very good with DD.

goofy cm

Then one of my faves - Tigger. we allhad a good bounce and dance with him ... whenever he got kissed by DD or me he would jump higher and higher and higher ... then would come back for more kisses !

tigger

Then King John came (DH name is John, so he really likes this character), we all had a go at sucking our thumbs with him before a photo was taken ...

king j

Another fave next - Eyore ... this was one of the highlights of our trip. he stayed at our table for ages and ags. DD aked him if he would sign her book but he showed her that he had no "hands" and so he couldn't However, I asked that if I held the pen for him could he do it then ... he jumped up and down very excitedly and nodded his head ......

The book signed, he then posed for photos, but his ear fell over our DD head ...

eyore ear

Very funny ! I could actually hear the person inside laughing as we took another photo.

ear 2

DD loved this intercation and hasn't stopped talking about it since - the next dayu the first thing she bought was a cuddly Eyore !

We then had Chip and Dale (very lucky as most of the other tables had one and then the other but not both together)!

c n d

Captain Hook who at first shook my hand and kissed it - then proiceeded to try and steal my wedding rings ! DD was really laughing at this point, and had great fun playing with Hook.

hook

hook 2

Last but not least was Pluto .. who played with DD bouncy ball again (like Goofy had done the day before), but it made Pluto go all wobbly and dizzy so he had to sit down for a bit !

pluto

We had time to sit and enjoy another drink, before heading home by walking round the lake, where my DH took a great shot of DD ...

home water
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

just wanted to say im loving ur trip report, as were off to cheyanne in june!! the cafe mickey pics are fab, it is truly a lucky trip u had, hope ours is half as lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!
am trying to make notes of all the tips lol i am def a big kids atm!!
btw, how long did it take to walk back to cheyanne, and did u try that quick walk mentioned in the brits guide???
nikki

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Another fabulous day Cazgal - and I agree with you, Main St and the Castle in the evening just takes my breath away .

Elaine

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Cazgal
Mouseketeer

We didn't try the quick walk back at night as we usually came out of the Village by Cafe Mickey - which makes it easier to walk around the Lake.

From there it would take about 10 mins or so - but we were in the Annie Oakley building which is closer to the parks than some of the other rooms at Hotel Cheyenne (you can call the Hotel before you go and request a certain lodge, which is what we did).

My DH did the quick route back to the Hotel and said it took about 5 mins or so - its basically the same route the shuttle buses take.

We quite like the walk around the lake at night - gives the kids a chance to run off any extra steam they have before getting back to your room at night !
Old 04-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Great parade photos!!

Bob xoxox
Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Fabulous day with great photos. You all look like you were enjoying the character interaction & trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #8
JC Butterfly
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize what an awesome view of the parade could be had from Walt's! Good for your husband for doing some investigative work.

Candleabration looks beautiful at night, will make sure we do this!

Daughter still looks a bit uncertain on BTM but glad you got her on again.

Seems like such a wonderful time you all had (and lucky too)
JC Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #9
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Your pics are brilliant - I should have practiced more with my new camera, as I would zoom right in then only get an ear, and by the time I'd adjusted it the moemnt had passed
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:54 AM   #10
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Fantastic day - with 2 scrummy meals as well. This was the day we ate at Cafe Mickey's at lunchtime, but only 2 charcters at a time came out and we only saw 4 in total.
I was surprised at the Park opening late on that day too - especially when we'd all made the effort to be up so early.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Your photos are wonderful yet another lovely day.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #12
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Impressed that you were able for Walt's and cafe Mickey in the one day

Cafe Mickey would appear to have been a highlight of your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Butterfly View Post
I didn't realize what an awesome view of the parade could be had from Walt's! Good for your husband for doing some investigative work.
Me neither. Walt's would be worth it for the parade photos alone.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 AM   #13
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

And what's so great is that the characters on the floats make a point of looking up to the windows to wave at the diners ~ yet more Disney magic
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: