Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
Cazgal
Mouseketeer

Casgal - Our Lucky Nugget Trip - Day 3

Wednesday 9th April

We all enjoyed a lie in this morning and didn’t wake until just after 8am. Our breakfast was booked in Café Mickey at 9.30am – DD was very excited about having breakfast with the characters .. but then I think we all were !

We arrived early, at about 9.15am, and we shown straight to our table. Already the place was busy and had a great ”buzz” about it.

all cm

Mickey, Pluto and Goofy and were already out and about – they were soon joined by even more characters. DD was very excited but was patient while they visited other tables. Eventually she was rewarded with a visit from Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Captain Hook, Gideon (Pinocchio) and Gepetto.

MM

pluto

goofy

hook

cat

Gep 2

The interaction was great from all of the characters, especially Goofy who loved DD glowing ball and played with this for what seemed like ages,

goofy ball

Pluto who seemed to like just licking our DD and Gideon who started to sign his autograph upside down and then realised what he had done – it was lovely to watch them and our DD interact !

The breakfast was lovely - lots of it, lots of choice and very nice. We even found a special Hidden Mickey ..... wonder if you have ever spotted this one inside Cafe Mickey ? We really laughed at this - some seeds on my DH fruit salad had made a Mickey shape ...

Photobucket

Around 10.30am after a lovely breakfast we were getting ready to leave, DD and I went to the loo and then DH went – while we waited at the table (usually we would wait outside the restaurant for him but it was much too cold). However this was rewarded as a few minutes later out walked Minnie Mouse! I couldn’t believe how lucky we had been (hence the Lucky Nugget title to our trip) – if we had waited outside we would have missed her! DD waited patiently again and was rewarded with a huge hug and an autograph. This really made our day!

minnie

minnie

We then headed out to the train station to catch the RER into Paris. This was really easy to do and again, luckily a train was waiting on the platform when we go there – a few minutes later the doors closed and we were off to Paris.

It was very simple to get into Paris and the Metro links are very easy to use and follow. Within 40 minutes we were at Trocedaro and DD got her first look at the Eiffel Tower.

ET

et

It was very cold though (accordingly to the weather forecast Wednesday was meant to be the coldest day of our trip – hence we thought it would the best day to visit Paris as we would be taking a boat ride later on – and would be nice and warm inside the boat if need be! DD at first loved the Eiffel Tower. We walked up to the first level, but as we got nearer to the top a woman came down and said quite loudly “I am really scared of this – it doesn’t feel safe at all.” Of course, this really scared our DD and she began to cry – luckily we were nearer to the top than to the bottom, so she continued up the stairs. After a few minutes at the top she began to calm down a little, but would not go any further up. We took a few minutes to write some postcards and look at the cinema they have at the first level. By now DD was quite calm and began to even enjoy herself, but she did quite obviously want to go back down – so we waited for the lift and descended the Tower.

Next we walked across the river and over to the Bateaux Mouches boats – this was great tour (about an hour and a half) up and down the Seine. Inside the boat was really warm, but outside the view was much better so we alternated getting warm and then nipping out to see the sights. We all enjoyed this trip – and it made seeing the sights a lot easier!

bataux mouche

Next we used the metro to head across to the Louvre (always an amazing sight).

louvre

Then we had a bite to eat in a Café before catching the RER back to DLRP. The train was a lot busier this time, but we managed to eventually get a seat, and the trip back soon flew by.

We arrived back at 6.30pm – our table at Billy Bobs had been booked for 8.30pm, but I hoped as we were ahead of the crowds we may be able to be seated earlier – which we were. We were all really hungry by this time and really enjoyed the buffet. A wide range of food, nicely cooked and warm! A tip here would be that there are actually 2 pudding tables …. which have different puddings on each (so check both out) !

After this morning in cafe Mickey, my DD loved the idea of finding Hidden Mickeys and so she made one for me to find .... question is ... can you find it too ?

secret m

DD got a free toy (plastic Disney character) and we asked if they had any Mickey ones – the server was great and brought out the whole set so that DD had them all! This was really nice of him - especailly as by now it had got very busy.

After we had finished eating we watched some line dancing downstairs (which was quite amusing) and then did a little shopping in the village. On the way past Cafe Mickey we heard a huge party going on and saw liots of the characters dancing on tables and having a great time. DD wanted to stay and watch - which we did for a while - we decided then that we would book and have a meal there the following night ! It looked like so much fun !

We then walked back to the Hotel by the Lake.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
angelamc
Mouseketeer

Lovely photos. I love Cafe Mickey its great fun, especially the freedom dance

angelamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Another great day, with fab photos. I would love to go back to Paris as we didn't get to see much when we last went.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Another good day.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
JC Butterfly
DIS Veteran

Another fabulous day of character interactions!

And looks like you had a lot of fun in Paris itself (despite being cold). Too bad daughter had to get a bit turned off on the Tower but sounds like she's a trooper so that's great.

All of you look to be in good spirits!
JC Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

A great day ~ I love your Hidden Mickeys!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:25 AM   #7
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

You have a lovely family and all seem to be having a magical time

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: