Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #106
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Thinking of you!!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 08-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #107
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

We're here
Boy do I have fun stuff to share but not right at this moment. Let's respond to some comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
I am soooo excited for you!!! Can't wait to see the pics! I hope you have a great supper out! Always a nice way to start off the journey!!!! Have a safe, magical and stress free trip!!!!

Well we had a lovely dinner out, hardly slept the night before but it's always worth it when you finally arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Well, you do have to throw a couple of good DeVille'esque tirades before they get it but eventually they'll catch on.

LOL at you and the pina coladas. And please don't worry about makeup in the pictures -- you'll be beautiful enough with just the pixie dust glow that's bound to be on your face.

Hope you have a fantasmic time!!!!!! Wave "hi" at us if you fly over North Florida! LOL
Did you see us waving I certainly have a lot of pixie dust glow now. That first day is a killer. My back always acts up with flying all day and I think I get tense hoping the kid are ok flying(behaving etc) Today was a much better day. So some Cruella eh? I'll have to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
Hi Purplepeg, QoAT and the rest of the Great North Gang!! I am a holdover from Peg's cruise TR. You guys really know now to do a trippie!! You must have arrived by now and enjoying the resort, as I sit here in some really lousy rain. (It has been like that all summer in the Big Smoke!!)

I hope you can check in while you are gone Peg. Your reports and photos are such fun.

A few questions and observations for you while I think of them, okay?

How are along were you (pregnant) with DD #2 when you were at the World? You mentioned morning sickness or feeling lousy so I was curious. I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and wondered if I could hack a visit. I have not been feeling well at all and this is my second pregnancy.

Your DDs looked so much alike at the same ages (approximately two and up). They are both so adorable!!

Do you have BBB appointments for all the ladies in your party or just the kiddies?

Do you guys use/buy the Photopass CD?

How did your DD handle the trip when she was about two years old? I would love to start planning our next trip after this baby is born, but can hardly stand to think of waiting three or four more years!! Could we do it with a two year old and a then 8 year old??

Okay, I will wait patiently for your updates, whenever they come. I wish you all a wonderful trip and some fantastic weather.

Enjoy, Suz

Thanks for your kind words and I couldn't be happier that you followed us over

In answer to your questions I found out I was pregnant on Boxing Day
and we left for Disney on Jan 23, so I was about 8-10 wks along. We had taken my parents along so we were all moving a little slower. I, of course didn't get to do any thrill rides but we did a lot of characters. One day at MGM dh and my parents went off to do One Man's Dream and such and dd8(3.5 yrs at the time) sat on a bench near the blue hat and about every 20 min or so characters would come out and stay for a little bit and then go away and then more would come out. We saw Hercules and Megara, Pocahantas, and Mulan. we had never seen those characters before, and between she would run around near me while I sat with coke and popcorn. That's what quelled my nausea that trip(I don't normally like coke) It was a fun trip but not a "see all you can see kind of trip".

We ended up cancelling BBB because dd3 didn't want to do it and dd8 didn't care one way or the other. We said we would do face painting one day and I brought hair mascara and clip on colored hair.

Yes we are going to share the photopass with my sister this time and we have bought it other years as well. I think it's a great deal. We did the photoshoot after BBB and I picked out and enlarged some for Christmas present and everyone loved them. It's included in the price of the photopass.

We have done Disney twice with a 2 yr old. The first dd was a great sleeper and she would just fall asleep in the stroller and did really well. We were there in November so most parks closed at 7. occ'l we went swimming but not much. We took a better umbrella type stroller with a canopy and basket. Too little to walk to the bus from the parks. We were also with 3 other adults and a 10 yr old so we all took turns staying with the little one for rides she couldn't go on.
2nd dd not as good a sleeper but managed to sleep in the stroller. In November again and with my M-I-L with us but only for a few days and was much harder because of rider switch and waiting and what dd8 wanted to go on. It is doable but expectations need to be adjusted for the kind of trip you want. Both those trips we never went back to the hotel in the day.

This time we picked names for order of rides and every one is very clear on expectations we are requiring and some things might need to change.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #108
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

So we are having a great time still feeling out the crowds. 1st day not too bad.....today not so good. Weather so far so good 90-91 with 45-47% humidity I haven't done my Wicked Witch of the West impression yet (you know "I'm melting, I'm melting!") Of course I kept telling QoAT's that it was too hot The girls are sleeping right now but they "aren't tired" I'll check in again when I get pictures organized.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #109
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

It is so great to hear from you down there!!! I hope the crowds are with you the whole time, and that the weather is great! It was hot yesterday, and today is 18 and raining, you are not missing any good weather!!
March 2010 DLR

Last edited by Disney Brat; 08-11-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #110
pl'smama
A distant relation

Wow, an update already! I am glad that you are all having a great time so far and that it is not "too" hot!!! I am sitting on the edge of my seat with anticipation of your photos!

Enjoy, Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
Old 08-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #111
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Great to hear from you! Yep... sure did see you waving!!!

Nah... of course those girls aren't tired. But y'all have a blast!!! Hope everything's completely magical and pixie-dusted.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #112
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears
We cannot lose the kitchen
Who knew I had no pictures of Frontierland?

Hi there!

I just popped over from the Canadian Board to see how another Winnipeger is dealing with the heat .

Since you are doing the live trip report, it looks like you made the Toronto connection I was asking about just fine. We'll be down there in 9 days, 22 hours and 22 minutes ( ) so I'll be interested in hearing how you did in the heat.

Have a blast!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #113
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbjgc View Post
I just popped over from the Canadian Board to see how another Winnipeger is dealing with the heat .

Since you are doing the live trip report, it looks like you made the Toronto connection I was asking about just fine. We'll be down there in 9 days, 22 hours and 22 minutes ( ) so I'll be interested in hearing how you did in the heat.

Have a blast!

No problem what soever with the connection. It went very smoothly. I wrote down where we went so I could post it for other Canadian travellers. I'll be starting the tr soon after we get home. We are closely watching Tropical Storm Fay right now as we may have an unsceduled rest day tomorrow. It was supposed to be Blizzard Beach I could pm you with the connection details but I bet you have done it a few times before As for the heat...it hasn't been too bad. Don't get me wrong it's hot but I was expecting the worst and I'm surviving

Old 08-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #114
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I forgot to say have a great time when you're there(here) in my previous post

I'm not getting the computer time I was hoping for. I am so tired and by the time I get the things done I want to in the room I am ready for a lie down. So I apologize for no real updates but I am thinking of you all and I met a fellow DISser from the DISboutiquers...lovesdumbo. You should see what this girl sews Anyway stay tuned and I'll tell you all about it soon, too soon.

Last edited by purplepeg; 08-19-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #115
pl'smama
A distant relation

Hey Peg, don't worry about posting updates. Just enjoy your vacation and relax! We will be all ears when you return.

I hope the storm by passes you tomorrow, but if not stay safe and enjoy the resort!

Suz

Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #116
Hypermommy

Hey there girl,

Quit worrying about us and just enjoy your vacation! We'll survive until you get back.

As for Faye, most of the models do have it coming near by you. But it's just a tropical storm ... a bunch of wind and rain and that's it. Maybe you could trade a Blizzard Beach day for a park day. Or if you had a day off planned trade that. Or if you're feeling adventurous head to a park -- the weather will keep most folks away and you can ride all of your favorite dark rides with no wait :-) (remember that being a Florida girl, I don't start taking a storm seriously until it's a Cat 2 or 3 at least <evil grin>)

But seriously, based on the models, it looks like Tuesday/Wednesday night might be the most "interesting". I'll be thinking of you guys and praying that it doesn't get too serious. Considering how close it is to land now, I doubt that it will.

But look on the bright side... maybe it'll keep your flight home from leaving on time. Oh darn... can't get home. Stuck in WDW.... How awful would that be :-)
Old 08-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #117
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
Hey Peg, don't worry about posting updates. Just enjoy your vacation and relax! We will be all ears when you return.

I hope the storm by passes you tomorrow, but if not stay safe and enjoy the resort!

Suz

Thank you, we will.

Quote:
Hey there girl,

Quit worrying about us and just enjoy your vacation! We'll survive until you get back.

As for Faye, most of the models do have it coming near by you. But it's just a tropical storm ... a bunch of wind and rain and that's it. Maybe you could trade a Blizzard Beach day for a park day. Or if you had a day off planned trade that. Or if you're feeling adventurous head to a park -- the weather will keep most folks away and you can ride all of your favorite dark rides with no wait :-) (remember that being a Florida girl, I don't start taking a storm seriously until it's a Cat 2 or 3 at least <evil grin>)

But seriously, based on the models, it looks like Tuesday/Wednesday night might be the most "interesting". I'll be thinking of you guys and praying that it doesn't get too serious. Considering how close it is to land now, I doubt that it will.

But look on the bright side... maybe it'll keep your flight home from leaving on time. Oh darn... can't get home. Stuck in WDW.... How awful would that be :-)

I took full advantage of today to pack up everything we won't need. We also reviewed our pictures on the tv, I've taken over 600 and QoAT is over 400 We also got to sleep in Tonight is O'Hanas and so far it's just slightly raining. When I was packing today I said we should pack extra undies and a shirt in case we do get stuck somewhere Can't believe our vacation is almost over. Talk soon.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #118
Hypermommy

Hey girl!

Got back okay, I'm guessing? Did you start a TR somewhere? If so, could you link us up here? I'm having purplepeg withdrawal!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #119
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey girl!

Got back okay, I'm guessing? Did you start a TR somewhere? If so, could you link us up here? I'm having purplepeg withdrawal!
I'm am back I also brought a nasty cold with me that arrived the night before I left. I thought my head would explode when we were landing. Today is the first day I have felt remotely back to normal. I tried to download the pictures to our computer and I am not too computer literate but thought "I am an intelligent woman I can figure this out" NOT. I thought I had lost them all and I have over 800 pictures Talk about a panic attack. Anyway I am hoping to get started in the next day or two. Stay tuned, we had a great time despite Fay's presence. The kids were great and the sis and I didn't have too many arguements

Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #120
pl'smama
A distant relation

Hi Purplepeg, I hope you are feeling better. That sucks to fly with a cold. Yucky! Good luck with your pictures and take your time with the TR. We will be here!

Suz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: