Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #91
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I am so tired tonight I can hardly stay awake. I think all the excitement and poor sleeps have finally caught up with me I think my brain is on overload and I've misplaced two things that I did manage to find but not before some serious "I think I'm losing my mind" feelings

The girls and I had someone come to the house to do pedicures and I also got a manicure and a brow wax. The girls were so cute, being so grown up Mini Montana went to bed crying with a tummy ache. She had some tylenol and fell asleep really fast. Hopefully it as nothing more than not enough sleep and lots of excitement

I'll try and post again over the next two days before we go. We are taking our laptop with us so you may see me check in once in a while

I'm going to bed now

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #92
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I am sorry to hear about your friends little boy.

I gave my kids a big just because hug today.

Perhaps you can find a way to honour his life while you are at Disney. On another trip report I was reading a good friend (her principal) passed away just before her trip. She decided to buy some extra glow in the dark bracelets to pass out as her tribute to him.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #93
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I am sorry to hear about your friends little boy.

I gave my kids a big just because hug today.

Perhaps you can find a way to honour his life while you are at Disney. On another trip report I was reading a good friend (her principal) passed away just before her trip. She decided to buy some extra glow in the dark bracelets to pass out as her tribute to him.

That's a neat idea. I believe they are setting up a recreation fund in his honour at the local community center.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 08-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #94
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear about the little one passing!! That is such a hard thing to deal with. I too was following a blog of a little girl with cancer, and she too passed, I cried about it, even DH did. I am sorry to hear that you haven't been getting much sleep!! I hope that last night was different and that you will have a great sleep tonight!!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #95
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Are you talking about Nemo the Musical? We have never seen it so we are going to try and see it, if I'm not a puddle of melting flesh, when we're there.
Yes, exactly that. First off... it's in A/C so definitely go see it. But another thing I just love about it is the music. The story's good enough -- you know... where the last words Nemo says to his father are "I hate you"? I've got a 15yo that we've been through some rough times with and every time i hear the music from that show I think of him. But the music is what MAKES the show for me. It just adds such an element. And the show goes on all around you at times. It's really, really good! Don't miss it.

In fact, just looking at the date, you might not get this until you get back. Have a blast!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 AM   #96
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
I am sorry to hear about the little one passing!! That is such a hard thing to deal with. I too was following a blog of a little girl with cancer, and she too passed, I cried about it, even DH did. I am sorry to hear that you haven't been getting much sleep!! I hope that last night was different and that you will have a great sleep tonight!!!

Thanks so much. I went to log on to the DISboards last eve but the site was down As you can see I am up in the middle of the night I fell asleep fine but I guess I'm still too excited. It won't be this tomorrow when I have to be up in the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Yes, exactly that. First off... it's in A/C so definitely go see it. But another thing I just love about it is the music. The story's good enough -- you know... where the last words Nemo says to his father are "I hate you"? I've got a 15yo that we've been through some rough times with and every time i hear the music from that show I think of him. But the music is what MAKES the show for me. It just adds such an element. And the show goes on all around you at times. It's really, really good! Don't miss it.

In fact, just looking at the date, you might not get this until you get back. Have a blast!

I'm so glad I got your message. I look forward to seeing the musical. Thanks for letting me know it's in A/C.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 AM   #97
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I am hoping to get on here again tomorrow. I finished packing yesterday and the carry-ons are pretty much ready. The kids have more snacks than they need but sometimes food makes them happy. Poor Jasmine says she's too nervous to eat How is that even posssible? I guess I'll eat her share I can't believe it's here

I guess I'm shocked that I'm not still running around with a million things left to do. I made dd3's birthday invites last eve so they are ready to mail when we get back. The cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow so just some tidying up to do. We'll eat out tomorrow night and I'm getting the kids up early so they'll be ready for bed at 7

As I said we'll be taking the laptop so I hope to be checking in a couple of times when we're away, if I get a turn at the computer

Old 08-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #98
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
As you can see I am up in the middle of the night I fell asleep fine but I guess I'm still too excited. It won't be this tomorrow when I have to be up in the night
Oh yes, you will be excited then too plus a little paniced making sure that you haven't forgotton anything.

Quote:
As I said we'll be taking the laptop so I hope to be checking in a couple of times when we're away, if I get a turn at the computer
You just tell your family that "YOUR public are expecting you".

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #99
Hypermommy

Quote:
Oh, come on, girlfriend! Yer the momma!! Surely your family knows that if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #100
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Well sounds like things are nicely under control!! I hope you have a great day, and everything goes well for you tomorrow!!! I will pop in later to see if there is any more updates before your trip, so if I don't see you later Have an AWESOME time!!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get home!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #101
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Oh yes, you will be excited then too plus a little paniced making sure that you haven't forgotton anything.

You just tell your family that "YOUR public are expecting you".
Thanks I think I will. Not much longer for you now and maybe we'll run in to you there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Oh, come on, girlfriend! Yer the momma!! Surely your family knows that if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
You know it doesn't matter how many times I say that they don't seem to get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
Well sounds like things are nicely under control!! I hope you have a great day, and everything goes well for you tomorrow!!! I will pop in later to see if there is any more updates before your trip, so if I don't see you later Have an AWESOME time!!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get home!!

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll take pictures of the resort for you

Old 08-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #102
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

We're off soon

Well I was up early today to go physio and pick up razor blades. I thought I had tons but apparently not and two weeks of not shaving would be nasty I came home and finished the big suitcase with my blowdryer and hair and face stuff. Tomorrow the travelling pictures won't be so nice but I will try and put on some make-up for all of you The carry-ons are pretty much ready. I just have to finish my travelling purse after we go out for dinner tonight. What You didn't think I was going to cook tonight did you? After I put the money in all my Mousekeeping envelopes and finished up our index cards we all went outside to enjoy the absolutely beautiful day we are having here. Dh and I went out with a frozen Pina Colada that I had in the freezer from a while ago. Might as well start vacation early Man those things are strong. I don't think I stirred it enough. The two of us have quite a buzz on now I could be doing laundry that I have for here but I figured this is the first trip that I have been organized enough to have a rest day before we leave that I'm leaving the laundry It's not like those few things are going to make that much difference when I get home and get to do 2 wks of laundry. I have my Tink note pad and my Eeyore journal ready for all my notes. Don't want you guys to miss out on a minute of our trip
Have fun when I'm gone and I'll check in every now and again.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #103
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

I am soooo excited for you!!! Can't wait to see the pics! I hope you have a great supper out! Always a nice way to start off the journey!!!! Have a safe, magical and stress free trip!!!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 08-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #104
Hypermommy

Quote:
You know it doesn't matter how many times I say that they don't seem to get it
Well, you do have to throw a couple of good DeVille'esque tirades before they get it but eventually they'll catch on.

LOL at you and the pina coladas. And please don't worry about makeup in the pictures -- you'll be beautiful enough with just the pixie dust glow that's bound to be on your face.

Hope you have a fantasmic time!!!!!! Wave "hi" at us if you fly over North Florida! LOL
Old 08-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #105
pl'smama
A distant relation

Hi Purplepeg, QoAT and the rest of the Great North Gang!! I am a holdover from Peg's cruise TR. You guys really know now to do a trippie!! You must have arrived by now and enjoying the resort, as I sit here in some really lousy rain. (It has been like that all summer in the Big Smoke!!)

I hope you can check in while you are gone Peg. Your reports and photos are such fun.

A few questions and observations for you while I think of them, okay?

How are along were you (pregnant) with DD #2 when you were at the World? You mentioned morning sickness or feeling lousy so I was curious. I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and wondered if I could hack a visit. I have not been feeling well at all and this is my second pregnancy.

Your DDs looked so much alike at the same ages (approximately two and up). They are both so adorable!!

Do you have BBB appointments for all the ladies in your party or just the kiddies?

Do you guys use/buy the Photopass CD?

How did your DD handle the trip when she was about two years old? I would love to start planning our next trip after this baby is born, but can hardly stand to think of waiting three or four more years!! Could we do it with a two year old and a then 8 year old??

Okay, I will wait patiently for your updates, whenever they come. I wish you all a wonderful trip and some fantastic weather.

Enjoy, Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: