Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #76
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Spectro won't be on while we are there. I was looking forward to seeing it but trying to figure out how to work a "late night" in. I guess we will just have to live it through your account of it.
I will be happy to share Spectro with you. Looked at your palns too. They look great. It'll be wonderful to share both of our TR's Maybe it will feel like our trip will never end

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 08-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #77
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

14 days from now we'll be halfway through our vacation This day will be a pool day and the dinner at Whispering Canyon. Yet another restaurant we haven't been to before but Jasmine and Queenofallthings have. She hasn't told me too much so we will enjoy all the "surprises". I can't wait, and I hear the milkshakes are really good.

Mini-Montana on a pool day in 2006.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #78
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I can't believe we only have a week left before we leave. I finished our Mousekeeping envelopes today. I just used some stickers I had bought for the kids of the Pooh characters. They turned out really well. I did take a picture but haven't downloaded it yet.
I pulled out most of the clothes for dd3 today. I really dislike deciding what to take and trying to think how many spills we will have in a day. She's in the "must change entire outfit if there's any dirt on it" phase. Is 14 pairs of shorts and tops and 14 dresses too much Apparently I need to weigh the :I must do on vacation" with "I'm too lazy to do on vacation"

I went out today to buy more sleeveless shirts for the sweltering heat Man I don't like shopping when I told myself I had a year to plan this trip and lose weight for it. What is it And then I get all mad at myself. Guess there isn't much I can do about now unless the Fairy Godmother comes over and does a little Bibbity Bobbity Boo

We had to draw names and seating assignments for the window seat and who gets to sit with Auntie aka Queenofalthings on the plane trips. Things go much smoother when there is a plan in place for Mini-Montana. dd8 is really flexible and gives in to her sis all the time because she thinks that's the right thing to do.

Enjoy your long weekend all you fellow Canadians

Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #79
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

14 days from today we'll be back at HS and going to Chefs de France for dinner

So we'll be back at HS and then Chefs de France for dinner, yet another restaurant the purplepeg family have never been to. Lots of first this trip. Some photos from past trips.

Queenofallthings

I'm going to miss this parade but I'm looking forward to seeing Block Party Bash.

Trying on a hat in a shop.

Her first tatoo!

What to buy, what to buy?

Old 08-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #80
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

So I spent the majority of today doing laundry and getting started on the packing. Dd3 is almost done as is dh. Right now I'm trying to get the things that need cushioned packed before I start the next level of packing. This is the first time I've been on a holiday for longer than 10 days in 20 yrs so I'm rusty with the packing. I packed a bunch of laundry detergent and about 2 outfits for each day for the girls. I'm thinking I'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around. 6 more sleeps and I'm not sleeping. You'll notice the post is earlier tonight because last night I spent so much time on the the DIS and then I was still up at 2 am I also finally figured out the TGM site. It's amazing what you do when you're pressured. Apparently I work really well under pressure Tonight I will log out early and get to sleep early. My plan is to be up early all next week so I'm good and tired by Friday and then I'll be able to get a few hours of sleep Friday night before the 2:30 am wake up. Oh and by the way Jasmine doesn't like to fly and now she's getting all stressed about that. I needed to warn the girls to leave their cousin alone on the plane because she may lose it and snap at them Good times are on their way

Old 08-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #81
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Hello, is anyone out there? Please don't tell me I'm posting too many pictures or I am boring you all to death Or maybe everyone is away for the weekend....yeah that must be it

Old 08-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #82
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

14 days from now we will bw having breakfast with the Princesses at Norway and dinner

Queenofallthings and Jasmine have never been here(in Norway) Finally something they have never done That's what you have to love about Disney, it doesn't matter how many times you go there is always something more to do that's new to you. The pic are from 2004 in January and dh was ill that day so it was just dd8(3 at the time) and I and it was so cold that morning I had to buy her a blanket for the stroller She had this sleeveless dress on with a mesh jacket. Didn't really keep her warm and the bus seemed to take forever, I thought we were going to be late. After picking up the stroller and the blanket I practically ran there and they were just getting a little girl prepared to open the reataurant. Glad we didn't miss it. I wa so nauseated due to my pregnancy that morning too but the food was good. The kids know this time queenofallthings wants a picture of herself with Belle before the children are allowed in the shot

The staff outside the restaurant

The little girl who got to open the restaurant

The food between us

Snow White

Mulan

Mary Poppins (I love her in this costume)

Jasmine (she must have been cold too)

Princess Aurora

Maybe we'll visit this store and leave some $$$ behind.

Can you believe how empty World Showcase is?

More EPCOT

I don't have any pics of Tony's Town Square but I have been there before. When Crystal Palace was being refurbished the characters were there. The food was great.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #83
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I'm here. Yes, I was away for the weekend. Look for me on TGM too. I go by the same name.

Quote:
We had to draw names and seating assignments for the window seat and who gets to sit with Auntie aka Queenofalthings on the plane trips. Things go much smoother when there is a plan in place for Mini-Montana. dd8 is really flexible and gives in to her sis all the time because she thinks that's the right thing to do.
We're flying with Airtrans and Jetblue so we pre-booked our seats. It was worth paying the extra money to avoid that southwest cattle call boarding (although when southwest came out with their flights it turns out I didn't do too badly in comparison so Yeah Me!). I thought my kids would never make it through that. We did it when our youngest was under 4 so we got priority seating but still it was stressfull.

My kids already know where they are sitting/beside who they are sitting and have inspected the diagrams of the planes to figure out their closest emergency exits.

We have plans and rules for everything. Many times my kids will say to each other "That's not the rule!". Apparently flexibility and fun do not mix well with my gang.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #84
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I love rules I'm a big rule follower myself. Getting the kids to get on board...well we're getting there. I believe dd8 has inherited the rule gene so she's quick to point out when they are not being followed

Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #85
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

I'm still here too! We took a short 'trip' to Grand Forks for a few days..lol I am loving all of your pics! You guys must be getting sooooo excited!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #86
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

4 mickeys for 4 days left!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #87
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
I'm still here too! We took a short 'trip' to Grand Forks for a few days..lol I am loving all of your pics! You guys must be getting sooooo excited!!
Excited doesn't even come close I mostly finished packing dd8 today. I just have myself left and some shoes, snacks and carry-ons to finish. I got my hair cut and colored today and went for a "tune-up" at physio. I have a bad back and am doing everything to make sure it doesn't bother me when we are away. Hope you had fun in GF. Did you buy anything for your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post

4 mickeys for 4 days left!

Thanks so much. I can hardly believe it

Old 08-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #88
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

So last night I was catching up on some tr's I have been following and I thought I would check on a blog I have been reading. It's for a friend of a friend's little boy who was battling a rare form of cancer. He turned a year old in April and he died on Sunday. I was just going to check and see how he was doing and I read that he had died. I felt so sad and planning this vacation seemed like I shouldn't be so happy. As I reflected I just remembered that we have to treasure every day we have with our children and families and do things like vacations. Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today. I know that's for procrastinators but it fits so well into real life, you only have today, so live today to it's fullest.

Sorry to be a downer, I just thought I'd share. I'm not doing pictures tonight. Maybe I'll feel like it in the morning.

Thanks for reading

Old 08-06-2008, 03:23 AM   #89
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

I was just going to write to tell you to have fun on your trip and all that when I read your last post. Yeah, I don't even feel like it right now either and I didn't even know the little boy. But maybe this week when the girls are making you dangle at the end of your rope just look at their sweet faces and be glad they're there to get on your nerves.

And make sure you go see the Finding Nemo show. Crush's "Go With The Flow" song gets me through a rough spot now and again. And that show always makes me cry even when I'm just listening to it.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #90
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
I was just going to write to tell you to have fun on your trip and all that when I read your last post. Yeah, I don't even feel like it right now either and I didn't even know the little boy. But maybe this week when the girls are making you dangle at the end of your rope just look at their sweet faces and be glad they're there to get on your nerves.

And make sure you go see the Finding Nemo show. Crush's "Go With The Flow" song gets me through a rough spot now and again. And that show always makes me cry even when I'm just listening to it.

Thanks alot Hypermommy. I will remember that when I am at the end of my rope Are you talking about Nemo the Musical? We have never seen it so we are going to try and see it, if I'm not a puddle of melting flesh, when we're there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: