Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #46
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Hit the Disney store this week and was thrilled to see they had T-shirts for $3.99.

I loved yours when you posted them and I went ahead and got the Mickey's for all the guys and the Minnie's for all the girls.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #47
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Hey diamonintheruff great choice on the t-shirts Wherever you took that photo, we have the same floor ours is in the main bath and the rose color is paler but it's otherwise the same. BTW where is Port Hope

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #48
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

We are at 5 weeks today and I'm at panic stations How does it get to be so soon? I'm excited but thinking when it's over we have a week and then the kids will be back to school. I have to print off the packing lists and get started on them, and organize dd3's birthday party. She turns four a few days after we're back. I also want all the school supplies labelled. I need to lose 50 lbs in 5 wks too I'm thinking that isn't going to be happening but I do need to buy new runners and break them in before we go. The trouble with going in the summer is everyone is wearing all their summer clothes. Makes it harder to prepack. The last week before we go everyone will be down to one pair of underwear and a t-shirt and pair of shorts
Wish me luck
I was at work the other day and everyone was asking me about my summer plans and I of course told them about 2 wks at WDW and every single person said "again?!" What is wrong with these people don't they know what a magical place it is?
Talk again soon.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 07-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #49
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Oh I forgot to mention....I had a particularly trying day with dd's yeasterday especially mini Montana. My sister was over and when she was leaving she said to the girls "what are the rules about the pool at Disney?" And Mini Montana replied..."no whining, no crying, and no carrying on" And dd8 replied " or we don't get to go in the pool" We are using that to the fullest extent so it seems like they get it Now if only I could find something equally as depriving here at home

Old 07-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #50
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Peg,

You just keep right on embarrassing those girls in public. Did you ever see "First Wives Club"? I'll never forget a line of Bette Midler's -- "I'm his mother. I'm supposed to give him something to talk to his therapist about." See... it's your duty.

Didn't the kids just get out of school???? Wish we'd get rid of this 2.5 month summer we have around here. DS14 is homeschooled so I keep him busy but DS12 is convinced that he shouldn't have to do any learning on his sacred summer vacation. But something they're going to do this weekend is read the Declaration of Independence and put it in modern language. They both hate the idea. Tough. It's good for them to understand it. Besides, I have to give them something to tell their therapist, right? <evil grin>
Old 07-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #51
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Wherever you took that photo, we have the same floor ours is in the main bath and the rose color is paler but it's otherwise the same. BTW where is Port Hope
Too funny that you have the same flooring. That picture was taken in the hallway to the back door.

If you take the 401 east from Toronto you'll hit Port Hope in about an hour. Provided it's not rush hour.

I had a panic about the time last night too. I started making some to-do and to-buy lists.

Quote:
The trouble with going in the summer is everyone is wearing all their summer clothes. Makes it harder to prepack. The last week before we go everyone will be down to one pair of underwear and a t-shirt and pair of shorts
I know what you mean. At about three days away I like to have it all packed up and ready to go. If anyone dares to take anything out of their suitcase they have to leave an I OWE YOU note on top of it for that item. I find my DH is the worst offender.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 07-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #52
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Peg,

You just keep right on embarrassing those girls in public. Did you ever see "First Wives Club"? I'll never forget a line of Bette Midler's -- "I'm his mother. I'm supposed to give him something to talk to his therapist about." See... it's your duty.

Didn't the kids just get out of school???? Wish we'd get rid of this 2.5 month summer we have around here. DS14 is homeschooled so I keep him busy but DS12 is convinced that he shouldn't have to do any learning on his sacred summer vacation. But something they're going to do this weekend is read the Declaration of Independence and put it in modern language. They both hate the idea. Tough. It's good for them to understand it. Besides, I have to give them something to tell their therapist, right? <evil grin>

Ok I have to ask....why is only one home schooled...don't like him much or love him more than the other? Declaration of Independence in modern language, doesn't that mean you have to know what it says I'm impressed, wait until dd8 hears that. I've given her this past week off and next week we'll start with more reading and math Yes they did get out of school June 29 and return Sept 3. I never realized how short summer was until she was in school. At least we are having warm weather finally except for those darn mosquitos I will continue to embarrass her, it's one of my few pleasures in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Too funny that you have the same flooring. That picture was taken in the hallway to the back door.

If you take the 401 east from Toronto you'll hit Port Hope in about an hour. Provided it's not rush hour.

I had a panic about the time last night too. I started making some to-do and to-buy lists.

I know what you mean. At about three days away I like to have it all packed up and ready to go. If anyone dares to take anything out of their suitcase they have to leave an I OWE YOU note on top of it for that item. I find my DH is the worst offender.

Thanks for the tip on where you live. Glad to know I'm not the only one in panic mode

Old 07-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #53
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Hi all. I know, I know, I've been absent for quite a while.

14 days

In honor of the 14 day dance here is where we'll be in 14 days, enjoy

Home airport 4 am 2007

Magical Express 2007

All Star Music Broadway bldg room 7514

Airplane enroute 2006

Airplane 2006 (how cute is she?)

I have a new toy on the plane 2006

Happy Limo to POP Century 2006

Airplane 2006

Airplane 2006

Airplane 2006

Old 07-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #54
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Wow!! Two weeks to go! You guys have got to be soooo excited!! Loved seeing your pics from the past trips! Ohhhh, I found misting fans at walmart in wpg! They have been spotted in the exercise and camping area! They were $8 each...I think you already have some, but thought I would mention it anyway!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 07-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #55
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Another Canadian who cries when she sees the castle chiming in. Great report! Can't wait to hear about the trip. I actually faint when my body temperature rises too high - VERY embarrassing. DH said no more trips EVER between May and September. He's being so silly. Just because lat time we were there in September he was in the drug store trying to find Gravol for me (he couldn't because they only have something called Dramamine - good to know) and while he was gone I staggered from the car and passed out in the parking lot and someone called the paramedics and the fire department. Why did I not stay in the car? Good question. Anyway, I drank water but not nearly enough. It's a lot of water but a full Nalgene for everyone would be good. Just tell the girls they have to finish it by the end of the day. Best wishes for an amazing trip!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life

Last edited by Alysa; 07-26-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #56
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Woo Hoo! It'll be here before you know it!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:14 AM   #57
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Ok I have to ask....why is only one home schooled...don't like him much or love him more than the other? Declaration of Independence in modern language, doesn't that mean you have to know what it says I'm impressed, wait until dd8 hears that. I've given her this past week off and next week we'll start with more reading and math Yes they did get out of school June 29 and return Sept 3. I never realized how short summer was until she was in school. At least we are having warm weather finally except for those darn mosquitos I will continue to embarrass her, it's one of my few pleasures in life
Well, one of them (the youngest) is quite gregarious and fits in well at school. As much as I'd love to homeschool him he'd miss his friends too much. Now the other one (the eldest)... well, you know how some people march to the beat of their own drummer? Well, this kid... I swear he has his own band that follows him around!

Never did do the Declaration thing. Keep meaning to and probably will with the oldest. But yes, the point is that they understand what it says and means. It shocks me to see how this stupid teaching to the test crap that we have to put up with in public school is affecting our children. We've a whole generation of kids that can't tell you the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. It's really sad.

LOL at taking pleasure in embarrassing kids. Yep, I knew you were a girl after my own heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
\It's a lot of water but a full Nalgene for everyone would be good. Just tell the girls they have to finish it by the end of the day.
Just want to reinforce this point. Don't know how big the Nalgene is (I've seen them in different sizes and the boys love them for camping), but definitely definitely definitely drink lots of water. Not soda, water. Remember "clear and copious". It will definitely make a huge difference in your trip. And before you go just read up on dehydration so you can recognize the symptoms. Sunburn is easy -- you know to keep sunscreen on and keep out of the sun as much as possible. Dehydration can be much more difficult to notice and to protect against and it can ruin your trip.

Okay... off my soapbox now.

Can't wait to read about the trip!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #58
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't know how big the Nalgene is
I meant the big one - 32 ounce or 1 litre. You should actually drink two of these a day if you drink no other liquids but I am assuming that the kids will be drinking 250 mL juice with breakfast and snack, and 250 mL milk (maybe chocolate ) with lunch and dinner.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 07-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #59
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Hi all, thanks so much for all your advice and comments. Just to let you all know dh is an ER doctor and I'm an ER nurse. So hopefully we'll recognize the s&s of dehydration Or I'd better say we'll prevent dehydration if we have to sit on them and force the water down their throats More pictures to follow later today.

Actually today I sat out this afternoon for a few hours and it was so hot! We checked the weather and it was only 25C and 47% humidity We are so going to melt. I seriously think the weather channel was wrong. Queenofallthings keeps telling me we are not going to melt and just suck it up I just keep thinking 14 days 24/7 with my miniMontana should snap her back to reality

Old 07-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #60
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

14 days from now we'll be in Magic Kingdom

Here are some photos of past trips to Magic Kingdom. Our first day will be here.

WARNING! WARNING! CASTLE PICTURES AHEAD

Both my girls love Stitch when they see him and have never been afraid of him. Scared of Suzy and Pearla but not big furry alien with big teeth. This was fall 2006.

THE CASTLE no more words are needed.

My parents in front of the castle.

Another pic of the castle.

Jasmine at MK.

Queenofallthings' boyfriend (or so she likes to think)

First day evening will be dinner at Le Cellier.
Fall 2006 coloring

Dh and dd8

Smore's dessert for dd8

Chocolate Moose

Outside Canada in EPCOT

Jasmine in Le Cellier after face painting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: