Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #31
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Hey there, hi there, ho there!

Sorry I've been so MIA. I was accepted as a designer at a couple of places which meant I had to build up a supply of kits quickly. I'm still a bit behind but I could no longer disrespect my buddies over here at the DIS.

I've also been helping start up a new digiscrapping community. You can find us at http://ahhhscrap.com. It started as Brooke's freebie blog but grew from that. But this past week I was like a chicken with no head trying to help out with some of the coding and HTML.

I meant to tell you I love those earrings that DD8 had for the recital. Very cute!!!

I was going to tell you that Jasmine sounds like a standard 15 year old and that maybe if you remind her that she's not going to see anyone she knows it would help. But then I saw the shirts. Girl, those are CUTE!!! Tell that doofy child to hush!

Great "advent" calendar. Oh, you should get the sound clip of Stitch and Mickey's wake up call ("Good morning! No sleeping!!!!") and play it as the girl marks off the head. We had a lot of fun with the DCL horn with our "advent" calendar.

Finally..... they're complaining about the heat????? Oh, you guys are in trouble. Have you been checking out the weather down here lately? And it's only June, not August. Oh, girl.... they're gonna have a time of it. I think you're right... banish them all outside for a while to get them acclimated.

Oh it's so nice to have you back I missed you. The heat is going to kill us all, I'm sure. I am definitely sending them outside alot. This is the last week of school and then we will be outside most of the time. I do not want wimpy children. Truth be told I'm probably going to be the one whining the most about the heat.

The earrings she wore were cute weren't they? We all knew Jasmine was being 15 when she said she wouldn't wear the shirt. She has no idea how embarrassing we will be for her It's so fun to torture them at that age

What kind of designer are you? What kind of work is that? Congrats on the job(s) I'll also have to check out the digiscrap site. I love the name

Thanks for the compliment on the calendar. The kids are really having a good time with it.

Nice to see you back.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 06-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #32
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Glad that you had a good time in GF! I have been trying to look here for those mister fans, but I have had no luck! Last year I saw them at a few places, but no luck when I need them!! LOL I agree about sticking them outside for awhile to aclimate them!!!
March 2010 DLR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #33
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
Glad that you had a good time in GF! I have been trying to look here for those mister fans, but I have had no luck! Last year I saw them at a few places, but no luck when I need them!! LOL I agree about sticking them outside for awhile to aclimate them!!!
I don't know why if GF Walmart can have them then why can't the Walmart here have them What a beautiful morning today to walk to school. I think it's going to be another hot one. I love it(as I sit on the computer in the house with the AC on)

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 06-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #34
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
I don't know why if GF Walmart can have them then why can't the Walmart here have them What a beautiful morning today to walk to school. I think it's going to be another hot one. I love it(as I sit on the computer in the house with the AC on)
I don't get how they cannot get them in here either! At least it is a short drive to go to GF for us!!! The people in other states must wonder what is so great about GF...lol they must think we come from one heck of a place is GF is great!! LOL I am so glad the nice weather is here!!
Yesterday we alternated between the pool and the house...lol somehow I managed a sunburn, I had sunblock on and we weren't out for longer than about 90 mins....lol
March 2010 DLR
Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #35
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
What kind of designer are you? What kind of work is that? Congrats on the job(s) I'll also have to check out the digiscrap site. I love the name
I'm doing digiscrap kit designs. It's a lot of fun! You should come join us today or at least this week. We have a challenge going on this week called "Scrap Happens". Basically, it's scrapping the everyday moments of life. And you get a free kit for joining in the challenge.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #36
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Hi all. I am so happy school's almost finished I'm taking dd8 to Fargo for the weekend as a fun mommy/daughter trip. Queenofallthings and jasmine are coming too. Should be fun. I'll scope out more fun snacks. I bought oreo cookies and cream pudding when I was in Grand Forks last weekend yum yum Who knows what I may find this time.
We're down to 45 days.
I can't speak The kids are getting really excited and asking all sorts of questions about what we'll be doing. The other day QoAT was over and mini Montana said "auntie can you sit beside me and talk about Disney? We thought that was priceless. Have a great weekend everyone.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 AM   #37
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Awwwwww.... that girl's so stinkin' cute!!! As soon as she learns to type you'll have to let her get a DIS acct. LOL
Old 06-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #38
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't get how they cannot get them in here either! At least it is a short drive to go to GF for us!!! The people in other states must wonder what is so great about GF...lol they must think we come from one heck of a place is GF is great!! LOL I am so glad the nice weather is here!!
Yesterday we alternated between the pool and the house...lol somehow I managed a sunburn, I had sunblock on and we weren't out for longer than about 90 mins....lol

That is so funny, I never thought about the other people reading. Although this past weekend I did branch out to Fargo Loving the hot weather and can't believe it will be hotter when we are there. We were at the Goldeyes game this afternoon and I thought we were going to melt The kids were complaining Disney is going to be so fun. I hope that Disney Magic distracts them from the heat.

Quote:
I'm doing digiscrap kit designs. It's a lot of fun! You should come join us today or at least this week. We have a challenge going on this week called "Scrap Happens". Basically, it's scrapping the everyday moments of life. And you get a free kit for joining in the challenge.
You are such a busy lady. I'll have to check it out soon.

Quote:
Awwwwww.... that girl's so stinkin' cute!!! As soon as she learns to type you'll have to let her get a DIS acct. LOL
She is precious

Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #39
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Just caught up on your cruise report. My DH said we couldn't go back to WDW for awhile after our upcoming trip but he never said anything about not taking a Disney cruise. I'll have to start working on him and saving up.

Love the t-shirts. Count us in as another family with matching shirts. I haven't printed mine off yet. DH bought a black and white printer and I need to borrow a colour (notice the canadian spelling) one off my Mom to make them. If they are all complaining about the matching T-shirts tell them the matching character hats are coming soon!

About the heat in the summer try getting some neck coolers. We got our at Tilley Endurables but you can make them yourself. They were a lifesaver for us. Better than the fans iIMO because the fans you need to carry them as opposed to wearing the neck coolers.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #40
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Just caught up on your cruise report. My DH said we couldn't go back to WDW for awhile after our upcoming trip but he never said anything about not taking a Disney cruise. I'll have to start working on him and saving up.

Love the t-shirts. Count us in as another family with matching shirts. I haven't printed mine off yet. DH bought a black and white printer and I need to borrow a colour (notice the canadian spelling) one off my Mom to make them. If they are all complaining about the matching T-shirts tell them the matching character hats are coming soon!

About the heat in the summer try getting some neck coolers. We got our at Tilley Endurables but you can make them yourself. They were a lifesaver for us. Better than the fans iIMO because the fans you need to carry them as opposed to wearing the neck coolers.

I love the comment about matching character hats
That might push Jasmine over the edge
Thanks for the tip about the neck coolers. Something to think about. Can't wait to see your matching shirts.

I'm all for the Disney cruise I'm in your corner

Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #41
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Past trip photos

I thought you might enjoy seeing some photos of past trips we've taken to WDW.

This is Queenofallthings and Jasmine in 2006. I've never had a photo with this crew. I've never seen them out. This was at EPCOT

More 2006, this was a trip they did just the two of them. Look how happy Jasmine is that her mom is snuggled up to Prince Charming

My favorite, Eeyore.

The Stars and Motocars parade. I loved this parade!

Chip and Dale or as mini Montana calls them sometimes Chip and Dip.

Face painting from Animal Kingdom I believe.

Am empty EPCOT .

Our 2004 January trip with my parents. dd8 was almost 4 here and out for the count.

Toontown play area.

Donald at EPCOT before there was Character Connection. She was showing him some leaves she had found.

Hope you enjoyed them, more to come soon.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #42
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day

39 days, 39 days, 39 days

We are so excited. We went to Lower Fort Garry yesterday for a few hours. It's where the Hudson's Bay Company was a long time ago and everyone is dressed in period costumes and stay in character. When we walked into the store the store keeper said "I suppose you don't want to buy anything and since you are all dressed in your underwear you could probably only afford this tin cup." The kids weren't sure what to think. Then we went to another area and the fellow there was telling us men made 2 shillings a day and women made 1 shilling a day. He asked the kids if they thought that was fair? They of course just sat there mute and I said "no, that's not fair at all! DD8 says "MOOOOOM" in her most disgusted tone We brought the spray fans because it was such a hot day and they worked great The kids were a little cranky but kept saying they weren't hot I still have to scan photos of our first trip together. Jasmine had just turned 10 and dd8(Snow White) was almost 2 1/2. We had such a good time on that trip. I am severely computer illiterate so I need dh to show me how to save scanned photos.

Enjoy your day.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #43
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

HAPPY CANADA DAY to you guys too!! We were out at Victoria Beach this weekend. My BIL and his wife rented a cabin out there for a week, so we went out for a visit. How was the Fargo visit?? We got some great deals out there last summer!! Woo Hoo for 39 days!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 07-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #44
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAPPY CANADA DAY to you guys too!! We were out at Victoria Beach this weekend. My BIL and his wife rented a cabin out there for a week, so we went out for a visit. How was the Fargo visit?? We got some great deals out there last summer!! Woo Hoo for 39 days!!
Lucky you. You must really be roughing it what with the internet and all

Fargo was fun but not as much to buy this time. I wasn't very happy. I did get some shorts for dd8 and some Hannah Montana stuff for mini Montana. I managed to max out my limit however

Old 07-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #45
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: