Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2008, 03:23 AM   #16
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
No pressure Hypermommy, just thought if you were in the area, which you aren't, we could meet. DD sounds good for lunch but I think the day we're there is during the week. I'm dreading the heat. It hasn't even been remotely hot here yet, it better warm up soon or we won't even have some advance prep time.
Well, remind me of your weekend plans again? Maybe by August I could throw some $$ together to buy the boys some tickets to a park. Of course, they wouldn't join us for lunch. One of the joys of having older children - especially in a place like Disney where I know there's security everywhere -- is that they can be off doing their own thing and I can have time to myself again. It might still be do-able and even if it's not I might just be able to use you as an "excuse" to get down there

As for the heat, yes, it can be rough. But it's the humidity that really makes it awful sometimes. Just make sure you plan your day so that you've spread out the attractions with air conditioning. Also, if it helps at all, it seems that AK is the hottest park. I'm sure it has to do with the "jungle" feel of the place and all the trees that block the wind.

Now, one more thing to remember -- and this is just a bit indelicate. But this is what we teach the Cub Scouts and it's a simple enough thing to learn that even the little 7 year old Tigers get it. What you want to remember is the phrase "clear and copious". You need to drink enough water that you pee often and when you do it's not dark but more clear than anything. If you stay "clear and copious" you won't have to worry so much about dehydration. And it's a simple enough thing that even little Mini Montana can understand it and once the girls get past giggling (or maybe it's just little boys that giggle at the thought of peeing) then they'll have an important new bit of knowledge.

Hope that helps.... now.. I've done my good samaritan bit for the day. Now I can revert to my true colors. When the heck are we gonna get some more pre-trip report? Surely you're preparing??? The trip is only a few months away. Is it close enough you can make ADRs yet? I can't remember -- are you trying for the Cindy's Castle meal? How about the princess breakfast? You know about the "paying it forward" thread on here right? Where you can get the girls postcards from their favorite character (and then when you're down there, you'll send a postcard to some other little kid to help build their excitement)? Okay, so come on.... tell, tell... surely there must be preparations going on and we need more PTR from you!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

61 days today We can't wait.I'm hoping to call in the next week and pay the balance then it will be even more real. Time to start on the packing lists and buying items that we'll need. Why do we always leave those things til the end when we know we need batteries and bandaids and all those little things. I'll post our packing lists here. We started a ride list of rides we only want to do once and ones we have to do more than once. We're working on dd8 to go on Rockin' Rollercoaster and the Haunted Mansion. She's scared of both. I think she would enjoy them both but I've never been on Haunted Mansion so she has to take my word for it Dd3 wants to do ToT. I hope it doesn't ruin her for all the other rides by scaring her.I think we'll just make it real fun for her and dd8 likes it so she'll help.

Here's some recent photos, cause I love looking at other people's pictures so I assume you want to see mine

Soccer dd8

soccer dd3

Shopping trip. The purse lights up

Piano recital

Birthday cake I made for dd8.

Dd8's birthday

I have finally completed my DCL TR so now I can devote all of my attention to this one. I have to make a trip to Home Depot so I can make a countown calendar and I need those Mickey heads. Do you think Home depot is on to all of us yet? I will share our ride lists soon and our packing lists. I will also dig up some photos of our first trip and share them. DD8 was only 2 then I can't believe it's so close. We've been planning it for a year Of course half the fun is in the planninga nd being on the DIS interacting with all of you. Talk soon.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #18
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Yes! More Canadians invading WDW in August. We are temperature challenged aren't we?

What a beautiful birthday cake-wow! You are very creative.
Now that I have found this I hope to read more soon.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #19
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Yes! More Canadians invading WDW in August. We are temperature challenged aren't we?

What a beautiful birthday cake-wow! You are very creative.
Now that I have found this I hope to read more soon.
Thanks for the kind words. Are you going in August as well? I better read your pre tr. I'm not really that creative, it's a kit you buy and it comes with pictures and instructions and everything. It was alot of fun. I went to Home Depot yesterday and picked up the countdown calendar supplies. I need to pick up some more but I didn't want to be too suspicious

If it doesn't warm up soon here we really are going to be temperature challenged. It was 17 degrees in our house today! I had to put the heat on again. It's cold and rainy again. Thay said it's supposed to be a hotter and wetter summer than normal. They got the wet part right, we're still waiting for the heat. If does materialize we'll have mosquitos the size of small birds here.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 06-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #20
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Just thought I would check-in. Yesterday was my birthday and the day before someone nicely smashed our passenger window in our vehicle when we were out for dinner Winnipeg is known for auto theft and if they can't steal it they vandalize it So yesterday I spent all day on the phone with incompentent people for a number of problems we have been dealing with, one of which was getting the glass replaced. DD3 or mini Montana as we like to call her said "someone needs to say sorry to us!" How right she is. I have been catching up on some tr's and today we were at the Disney Store and I bought us all those neon colored t-shirts. I'm sure Jasmine(15) will be thrilled to wear hers. It actually looks like we may be getting warmer weather by the end of June Have a great weekend everyone.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #21
Hypermommy

Oh, man!!! Someone truly does need to say sorry to you.

Send some of that cooler weather our way!! We need it!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #22
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Fellow Canadian signing on. We did August last year too. Yes it is hot. We took breaks in the afternoon and wore our neck coolers. They were a life saver. Thinking about bringing a camelback this summer but no one wants to carry it. Thinking I need to bring the camel along just to carry it.

Not only do I tear up everytime I see the castle-I even get blurry eyed reading about other people who are getting choked up looking at the castle. I'm currently drinking my coffee out of my refillable mug and just a quick glance at the castle on that thing puts a lump in my throat. So I may need warning to go grab a tissue when a castle sighting is coming up.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #23
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Oh, man!!! Someone truly does need to say sorry to you.

Send some of that cooler weather our way!! We need it!!!
Hypermommy you really are still alive I was going to pm you to find out where you've been. I'm so sad no witty remarks, no comments on the pics. What's going on I will gladly send you the cooler weather. I'm serious if we don't get some warm weather soon we are really going to suffer when we get there with no time to acclimatize I was working on our countdown calendar today and some of my index cards. The girls are happy with the countdown calendar. More good news, I found the rest of my professional cruise pictures Thank goodness. Take care. Hope you aren't working too hard.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #24
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Fellow Canadian signing on. We did August last year too. Yes it is hot. We took breaks in the afternoon and wore our neck coolers. They were a life saver. Thinking about bringing a camelback this summer but no one wants to carry it. Thinking I need to bring the camel along just to carry it.

Not only do I tear up everytime I see the castle-I even get blurry eyed reading about other people who are getting choked up looking at the castle. I'm currently drinking my coffee out of my refillable mug and just a quick glance at the castle on that thing puts a lump in my throat. So I may need warning to go grab a tissue when a castle sighting is coming up.
I will be sure to post a warning CASTLE SIGHTING COMING UP The other day my dear sweet family gave me an ipod touch for my birthday and when I was playing with it it has a direct link to youtube. Well I had to search wishes and watched and listened and got teary and all goosebumpy I can't imagine what I'll be like when I see it in person. I always cry Thanks for joining in on the ride

Old 06-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #25
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

I found you through the link in your siggy!! Another Winnipeger along for the ride!! Loving your PTR so far!!

Quote:
I have to make a trip to Home Depot so I can make a countown calendar and I need those Mickey heads. Do you think Home depot is on to all of us yet?
What Home Depot do you go to?? We usually frequent the one on Bishop & St. Anne's...got a few 'looks' from the staff of the Regent location before!! LOL

Quote:
Just thought I would check-in. Yesterday was my birthday and the day before someone nicely smashed our passenger window in our vehicle when we were out for dinner Winnipeg is known for auto theft and if they can't steal it they vandalize it

It actually looks like we may be getting warmer weather by the end of June Have a great weekend everyone.
Happy Birthday!! Sorry to hear about the vandalism...it really sucks, you know things are bad when at least one person you know has either had their car broken into or vandalized!!

Yeah for the warmer weather!! We were sick for the past 4 days or so, so I am glad that we are better now that the (finally) nice weather is here!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #26
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
I found you through the link in your siggy!! Another Winnipeger along for the ride!! Loving your PTR so far!!

What Home Depot do you go to?? We usually frequent the one on Bishop & St. Anne's...got a few 'looks' from the staff of the Regent location before!! LOL

Happy Birthday!! Sorry to hear about the vandalism...it really sucks, you know things are bad when at least one person you know has either had their car broken into or vandalized!!

Yeah for the warmer weather!! We were sick for the past 4 days or so, so I am glad that we are better now that the (finally) nice weather is here!!
We usually go to that one or the one on Kenaston. Then I wander around before I leave with all the samples Thanks for the birthday wishes I don't know what else the police can do about those hooligans. After we picked up our vehicle we found out there's more damage...on the outside a scratch where they put the screwdriver in and then on the inside where the broken glass scratched the interior by the window.

On a happier note I'm loving the warmer weather We actually filled the kiddie pool today

I see your next trip you're at asmu. We've stayed there before in 1998. I'll let you know how it is when we're there. I really want to upgrade to deluxe with our 40% code but they are always showing no availability Yet today I see there's another annual pass discount for all of August. I don't understand. I should just be happy with what we have and I am but deluxe would be so nice!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #27
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Hi again. Thought I'd post the pics of our countdown calender and new t-shirts. Dh is missing. This was on Father's day and he was out geocaching on his own. He apparently had a good time. I have to tell you the look on Jasmine's(15) face about the t-shirts was priceless Then she went on and on about how she wasn't going to wear it and she'd look like a dork walking around dressed like us Queenofallthings and I couldn't stop laughing. Especially when my kids were all excited and couldn't wait to have the pictures taken. The kids are very excited everyday when thay take turns marking the lines of an x on the Mickey head. I can't believe how close it is
See how excited they are. The paper chain at the bottom is from themouseforless.com. I didn't have enough Mickey heads so we supplemented with those.

A close up

Doesn't Jasmine look happy?

She's thinking " I can't believe I'm wearing this"

Almost looks like she's gritting her teeth

Me with my girls.

Me, girls and Jasmine. She keeps reminding me she's taller than me. I keep reminding her I've been this height since I was 12 years old!

A picture with our wonderful Dad on Father's Day.

I'm off with some friends for a shopping trip in Grand Forks for the weekend so I thought I'd better do a little update before I left. I'll be looking for snacks for the plane, a neat sheet for the stroller, maybe some surprises for the girls, another mister fan since one of the ones I bought someone dropped and broke! It will be nice to get away if I can get everything organized for everyone! The oldest has a school event tomorrow afternoon so we'll leave after that. I can't believe they are done school next week. I think the lists need to start coming out. There is some serious organizing to be done! I'll keep you posted.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

OOOHHHH have fun in Grand Forks, I have been wanting to head down there for some shopping, but we never seem to get around to it!! Thanks for keeping me in mind when you head down to ASMu! THis will be our first time on property, so I am thrilled!! We definalty wanted deluxe, but with paying rack rates, that wasn't going to happen!! LOL Have a great weekend! I love your countdown stuff!! We did a chain for our last trip, dd loved it! The tshirts are great! I would love to do something like that too!
March 2010 DLR
Old 06-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #29
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
OOOHHHH have fun in Grand Forks, I have been wanting to head down there for some shopping, but we never seem to get around to it!! Thanks for keeping me in mind when you head down to ASMu! THis will be our first time on property, so I am thrilled!! We definalty wanted deluxe, but with paying rack rates, that wasn't going to happen!! LOL Have a great weekend! I love your countdown stuff!! We did a chain for our last trip, dd loved it! The tshirts are great! I would love to do something like that too!
We just need a Fairy Godmother to grant our "deluxe" wish I had a great time in GF. The hotel was a bit of a problem but shopping made up for it Bought some spray fans at Walmart and cool airplane snacks. I will take lots of pictures of ASMu and post them to make you really excited How about this gorgeous weather? All I can say is finally. Geodoc and the kids were geocaching at the Zoo today and apparently they were whining alot about the HEAT My word it was the first remotely hot day and they whine. OOOOOHHHHH we're in trouble for Disney in August We told them that and they said we know. I guess they'll have to spend all their time outside in the next month.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:03 AM   #30
Hypermommy

Hey there, hi there, ho there!

Sorry I've been so MIA. I was accepted as a designer at a couple of places which meant I had to build up a supply of kits quickly. I'm still a bit behind but I could no longer disrespect my buddies over here at the DIS.

I've also been helping start up a new digiscrapping community. You can find us at http://ahhhscrap.com. It started as Brooke's freebie blog but grew from that. But this past week I was like a chicken with no head trying to help out with some of the coding and HTML.

I meant to tell you I love those earrings that DD8 had for the recital. Very cute!!!

I was going to tell you that Jasmine sounds like a standard 15 year old and that maybe if you remind her that she's not going to see anyone she knows it would help. But then I saw the shirts. Girl, those are CUTE!!! Tell that doofy child to hush!

Great "advent" calendar. Oh, you should get the sound clip of Stitch and Mickey's wake up call ("Good morning! No sleeping!!!!") and play it as the girl marks off the head. We had a lot of fun with the DCL horn with our "advent" calendar.

Finally..... they're complaining about the heat????? Oh, you guys are in trouble. Have you been checking out the weather down here lately? And it's only June, not August. Oh, girl.... they're gonna have a time of it. I think you're right... banish them all outside for a while to get them acclimated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: