Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #151
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post
I just finished reading your whole PTR and the start of your TR. It sounds wonderful. I've started planning our next trip which isn't until next year. Looking at all your pictures makes me wish it were much sooner. Your daughters and your niece are beautiful and look so happy. I'm with everyone else, you poor daughter, to have to sit between two people who really hate flying. I did have a good laugh while looking at those pictures though. I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip.
First off Thanks for the compliments on all the 'chillins' (that's what I like to call the children) My sister still swears she wasn't that bad and dd8 said it had nothing to do with their behavior. I don't believe it for a second, I think dd8 is just too nice to admit that her aunt has scarred her for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
I tell ya! She's trying to ruin that poor kid! First Titanic and now this!!!

Hey, purplepeg, I noticed that Titanic is going to be on TNT tonight... you're going to let DS stay up and watch it, right? And little Mini Montana should watch it too.... why should big sister have all the fun?

/me ducking and running

You are BAD You should

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I have the same heys bag in lime green and black.

My hubby soooo wanted to get Dr Ho's pain machine. Does it really work? Of course now he wants the tiny donut maker we saw in the skymall magazine on airtran on the way home.

YES,YES, and YES again. It really does work. I swear by it. I don't use it as much as I should but I love it. I actually want to get the one the Shopping Channel that has 4 pads. That way you treat 2 spots at once and cut down on how long it needs to be on. Although I have to say the mini donut machine sounds really good. Might not get rid of the pain but boy they'd probably take your mind off the pain for as long a it would take to eat a dozen

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 09-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #152
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Just to let you know...I haven't forgotten about you. School started this week and dd4's birthday was last week and we're having her friend party tomorrow. Her friend(and neighbor) is also having his party tomorrow (after hers). Well wouldn't you know it, she's had a fever for the past 3 days so I'm really hoping she wakes up fever free tomorrow. A friend's son seemed to have the same thing, no symptoms except for the fever. Her son's went away on the 4th day so it it better be the same for her because she will be sooooooooooooooo disappointed if she can't go to her parties. Cross your fingers for us.

She was at her first 1 hr of preschool today. It was mostly signing papers for the parents and writing cheques. She was so quiet and stayed by my side that she's really lulled that poor teacher into a false sense of security Wait until she arrives on Monday and doesn't stop talking at the top of her lungs Oh well, as I always say, ignorance is bliss

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #153
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Dinner at Le Cellier

We had ADR’s at 7:10 pm at Le Cellier. We were very excited to be going here for dinner. We really enjoy the food here and it is from “our home and native land” !

Here we are arriving at the turnstiles

Here's a photo of Jasmine all dressed up purty for dinner.

When we arrived we were early so dh and the girls took off to find yet another virtual cache.

Here they are at the waterfall before the movie in Canada.

Notice dd4 has colored hair in.

They did their own tattoos on their legs before we left home.

QoaT and jasmine and I went inside to the beautiful air conditioning and QoaT struck up a conversation with a CM. She was telling us how fun it is to work there and how her time there is passing really quickly. The CM told us they were running late so we did end up waiting for quite a while but we were having a great conversation and it was air conditioned and we sitting down so what more could you ask for?

We finally got to our table and had Daniel as our server. He was very pleasant and friendly but was not the best server in the world.

Here we are at dinner.

This just captures dd4's spirit.

The kids had the beer cheddar soup. Dd8 really enjoyed it and that’s also what Jasmine had for supper. They really enjoyed it. I think it tastes too much like beer and I don’t like beer. The soup gets rave reviews so obviously don’t listen to me just because I don’t. They had a choice on the menu where you could get an appetizer, dinner, and dessert and it was included on the dining plan(even the basic one) It had a couple of selections for the appetizer, entrée and dessert. The chocolate whiskey cake wasn’t on it so QoaT opted to go with the regular menu. I went with the combo. I started with a salad with pears and roasted walnuts and goat cheese I believe. It was quite good. Then I had the roasted chicken with the cream cheese mashed potatoes.

Oh my word those potatoes were delicious! Actually the chicken was delicious as well. I’m pretty sure dh had prime rib, or was it steak? It was beef of some sort. I had a wonderful orange sorbet for dessert. It was perfect because I was feeling quite full. Now as I mentioned Daniel our server didn’t do such a good job refilling drinks or clearing plates. We were there for a long time and then Jasmine had asked for the soup as her entrée. He said they could do that because that’s all she had to eat with bread. Well for some reason it wouldn’t work in the computer and we waited and waited and then he brought out the receipts for us to sign and QoaT’s was wrong. So we had to wait again. Now Illuminations was on and we were hoping to have left before it started. It took forever and then finally everything was settled correctly and Jasmine was informed for the rest of the trip she was to have what was included on the menu with no deviation. He was a really great guy just not very efficient. We ended up leaving just as illuminations was ending so we did have to battle the crowds but when we got to the bus stop a bus pulled up and we made it on. Now I have traveled these busses a lot but it seems this trip I really noticed how many people they can get on those busses. I was amazed how many times we thought “I guess we’ll be on the next bus” and we got on. Sometimes with those thoughts we even got seats! I would love to know how many people each bus can hold. Anyway an uneventful trip home by 10:05 and I was in bed by 11:00pm, exhausted but happy with our first full day.

Up next Day 2 at EPCOT

Old 09-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #154
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Oooh oooh lucky me!!!! My favorite park is the first place you went!!!! Oh, I just love these pictures!! Gawd, but I miss this place.

BTW.... I'll eat all of your cheddar soup. I love that stuff!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #155
pl'smama
A distant relation

Sorry to hijack you TR purplepeg, but I just wanted to share with you and Geodoc that my DH tried out his Legend this weekend and a new hobby has been born!! He is addicted! He only went to this little lake that is very close to home and there were a few in the area. He did not actually open them or log his results because he wants our DD to be with him. She came down with a high fever and was sick all weekend so this will be there for her next weekend.

Thanks for giving us this wonderful new hobbby!

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #156
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
Sorry to hijack you TR purplepeg, but I just wanted to share with you and Geodoc that my DH tried out his Legend this weekend and a new hobby has been born!! He is addicted! He only went to this little lake that is very close to home and there were a few in the area. He did not actually open them or log his results because he wants our DD to be with him. She came down with a high fever and was sick all weekend so this will be there for her next weekend.

Suz
So glad you have found a new hobby Enjoy. Sorry about your daughter. Hopefully she is feeling better. Our youngest had a high fever for a few days and then we found out she had Roseola when the rash appeared. She's technically too old to get it but she has always had to do things her way so why not I'm sure she'll have fun with the hunt.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #157
pl'smama
A distant relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
So glad you have found a new hobby Enjoy. Sorry about your daughter. Hopefully she is feeling better. Our youngest had a high fever for a few days and then we found out she had Roseola when the rash appeared. She's technically too old to get it but she has always had to do things her way so why not I'm sure she'll have fun with the hunt.

Wow, Roseola. That sounds nasty. Where was the rash, if I can ask? My DD still has a low grade fever and I kept her home from school today. This is over three days with the fever. My poor baby.

Suz

Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 AM   #158
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Suz
I am glad to hear that you have caught the geocaching bug, it is addictive, have fun.
Happy hunting and I hope your DD is feeling better soon. Geodoc
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #159
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, Roseola. That sounds nasty. Where was the rash, if I can ask? My DD still has a low grade fever and I kept her home from school today. This is over three days with the fever. My poor baby.

Suz

It's usually on the chest and back and tummy. Not necessarily raised and Roseola usually affects children from 6 mo to 3 yrs. Dd is now 4 so what's up with that. Hope your dd is feeling better soon.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #160
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I see my wonderful husband is "busy" at working posting on my tr
They say you can't get good help theses days

Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #161
pl'smama
A distant relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodoc View Post
I am glad to hear that you have caught the geocaching bug, it is addictive, have fun.
Happy hunting and I hope your DD is feeling better soon. Geodoc
Thanks to both of you for the well wishes. My DD is one the road to recovery!!

Suz

Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #162
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear she's on the mend.

Just for the rest of you, I haven't forgotten about you. I will post the next installment soon. Queenofallthings is hoping to add her two cents in here at some point too. It'll probably be more like a dollar by the time she finishes as she does like to chat I can't believe it's been a month today that we arrived in WDW Boy time sure does fly Stay tuned

Old 09-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #163
Hypermommy

Quote:
Wait until she arrives on Monday and doesn't stop talking at the top of her lungs Oh well, as I always say, ignorance is bliss

That's my girl!!!! She's gonna solid take over that school... as it should be!

Hope she's feeling better?

Quote:
Queenofallthings is hoping to add her two cents in here at some point too. It'll probably be more like a dollar by the time she finishes as she does like to chat
Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to hear Queen's take on this trip soon! I'm sure she'll have a least a bean or two to spill on darlin' Peg, wouldn't y'all think? Who'all wants to hear from Queen?

<evil grin>
Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #164
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Aug 11, 08

I was up again before my alarm was set to go off at 6 am. We were ready to go down to Intermissions for breakfast at 7:30.

QoaT and Jasmine at breakfast.

Jasmine bought her hat the day we arrived.

I know what you’re thinking….what the heck does she do that it takes an hour and a half for her to get ready? Well all this beauty isn’t natural…it needs help….a lot of help! I am not a morning person, I believe I have mentioned that, so I move very slowly in the am. I like to be pretty much ready before I get the kids up and then I can get their clothes out and pack the bag for the day, get their hair and teeth done and whatever else crops up in the morning that needs attention. We also got out our mousekeeping envelopes and our cash for the day. We were out waiting for the bus by 8:30 and had to wait 15-20 min for a bus to EPCOT.

Waiting for the bus.

The bus stop sign.

On the bus with Daddy.

EPCOT

Once we got there the place was packed. There were people everywhere! I know, I know, August in WDW what did I expect? It wasn’t that bad at MK yesterday. We headed right to Soarin’ after getting the stroller.

Heading to Soarin'. I know, I know, it doesn't look busy but there were people everywhere EXCEPT in our picture.

The wait for Soarin’ was 30 min so we grabbed FP’s and then went in line to wait. The lineup was almost to the entrance and I had my doubts that it was going to be 30 min but what the heck we’re here. The closer we got to the entrance they had interactive screens that were a lot of fun. In one you got to pop bubbles and in another you all had to lean as a group to help a bird fly so it didn’t crash into a cliff wall. It was lots of fun and passed the time quickly. Trust Disney to come up with a unique way to occupy your time while you wait.

QoaT and Jasmine patiently waiting for the ride.

The family waiting.

The screens to the right.

The girls popping bubbles.

The ride was as fabulous as ever. When we came out we had about 30 min before our FP time. I went outside to see what the wait times were for the other rides and they were all 45-60 min or more. We decided to have a snack and just wait. I had a cheese Danish, it was really good.
For our 2nd ride we got top row rt side. I had never ridden top row before, very nice but I’ll ride it any row because it’s so great.
When we finished we went over to see Test Track and Mission Space wait times. TT was 60 min and MS was 40. Mini Montana had her heart set on TT and Geodoc had his heart set on MS. Sooo QoaT and Jasmine took her to TT and Geodoc and I took dd8 on MS. She had never been on MS before and we told her we would do green team. She was really nervous and cried a bit standing in line.

THE ride.

Our green team tickets.

The thumbs up.

Pressing yet another penny.

The finished product.

DD8 took this picture of these birds.

This was going to be my first time on it as well. The first time I could have ridden I was pregnant and the last time we had to rider swap and decided I would take dd8 on TT while Geodoc did MS. Once we got to MS we saw that green team was only a 10 min posted wait time. So we managed to get in two rides before we met up with the TT crew. DD8 was really nervous through the whole first ride but loved it and was happy to do it again.

We had to wait a bit for the TT crew but we found a nice shaded bench and relaxed. We headed out to the hotel at 1:30. There were lots of people at the food court when we got back. We had lunch and then went swimming for a bit and then back up for a rest. I did a little DISing and rested a bit.

It wasn’t our best day. We really felt like we got nothing done and really we only did 3 rides. I’m guessing we should have left earlier and maybe our Soarin’ FP’s would have closer to getting off the first time. We were happy with what we did and everyone had a really good time. The kids were always really happy to get in the pool. We were very close to the piano pool so that’s where we spent most of our afternoons.

Coming up Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #165
Hypermommy

Ooooo... I want that Eepcot picture, please!!?? The DSC02679.jpg one

Ahhhhhh... it's so nice to be able to at least see Epcot. What I wouldn't give to be there again!!! Well... maybe just about everything except the cruise I'd give.

See... I haven't even seen the standby line additions on Soarin' and they've been in for over a year! When I was there in December we FP'd it so I missed those. Sounds like it's so much better than the trivia stuff they used to have .. and I even liked that

"She had never been on MS before and we told her we would do green team. She was really nervous and cried a bit standing in line."
Now come on... finish the story. What terrible thing did you tell her about this ride? I know you did... you made her read Titanic before you went on the cruise. You forced her to sit between two absolutely scared of flying folks on the flight. You think I'm gonna believe you weren't just whispering in here ear something particularly nasty about MS?

/me ducking and running ..... again

Great MS picture!!!! That is a pretty exterior, isn't it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: