Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #136
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Yes, you must scan those pictures and print them (ride shots)!

I'll get dh on that

LOL at QoaT's soaked butt! You do live dangerously girlfriend!

Are we going to hear from QoaT on here? Tell her I said hi.

She says yes but at her work she can't access the boards.

Did you find yourself getting off of IASW singing "It's a small boat after all?" I sure did!

I know Jasmine's missing "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". Want me to try to find you a clip so you can play it for her? LOL Remember, I'm not a nice person.

She would love that I'm sure

Pics I'd like to use (I'll PM you my email addy)
"Heading to Splash Mountain" (I can photoshop Jasmine out and use the sign)
Loved "Back of the Castle" but do you have any with the top spire?
I'll get on that too. I don't believe I do have any with the top spire but as I post I'll keep my eye out.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #137
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I'm here honest I am. I've only read your arrival day so far. It's this darn work thing that is getting in the way.

I'm seconding Hypermommy's comment about what where you thinking letting DD8 sit between two non-flyers? If you could see me you would notice that I am shaking my head and saying "Tsk, Tsk".

I really enjoyed ASMu. We had a towel mickey like that on our bed at arrival last year. Not one towel animal at POR this year.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #138
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Hi purplepeg! I found your TR! I met you on the ASMu bus one day. I'm still in post trip fog/funk so I can't remember what day it was. Then my DD & your DD swam together in the pool while I did laundry.

Nice to find you! Really enjoying your TR and pictures!

OH...on the stroller thing....you can ask for a refund OR you can use the left over days on your next trip if you keep the receipt.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #139
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I'm here honest I am. I've only read your arrival day so far. It's this darn work thing that is getting in the way.

I'm seconding Hypermommy's comment about what where you thinking letting DD8 sit between two non-flyers? If you could see me you would notice that I am shaking my head and saying "Tsk, Tsk".

I really enjoyed ASMu. We had a towel mickey like that on our bed at arrival last year. Not one towel animal at POR this year.

Glad to hear you are here That darn work thing, too bad we couldn't make money spending time on these boards I don't know about you but I could be rich by now How was the rest of your trip? Hope you didn't stay too wet. Looking forward to your tr when you get time to do it. You know we'll all be here waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Hi purplepeg! I found your TR! I met you on the ASMu bus one day. I'm still in post trip fog/funk so I can't remember what day it was. Then my DD & your DD swam together in the pool while I did laundry.

Nice to find you! Really enjoying your TR and pictures!

OH...on the stroller thing....you can ask for a refund OR you can use the left over days on your next trip if you keep the receipt.

I'm so glad you popped in. Please stay and read a while and posts lots of comments. I so enjoyed meeting you and I did search your posts and saw some of the stuff you showed me in progress. Everyone, you should see what this woman can sew Her daughter was all dressed up the cutest Lightning McQueen outfit lovesdumbo made and all the kids had outfits to wear. She is amazing. Thanks again for stopping by, please come back

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 09-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #140
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
I'm so glad you popped in. Please stay and read a while and posts lots of comments. I so enjoyed meeting you and I did search your posts and saw some of the stuff you showed me in progress. Everyone, you should see what this woman can sew Her daughter was all dressed up the cutest Lightning McQueen outfit lovesdumbo made and all the kids had outfits to wear. She is amazing. Thanks again for stopping by, please come back
Gee thanks but I've got to ask you if you said to your DH in private "see I'm not that bad I just buy matching T's." I should warn you I started with purchased T's then starting doing iron on transfers then went completely over the edge with sewing outfits. The Dis can make you do crazy things.

Looking forward to reading more of your TR!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #141
pl'smama
A distant relation

Great start to your TR purplepeg and you have some wonderful photos! Your girls are so sweet!! I love the one of your DD4 on the bus with her sunglasses on. She is pretty cool!!

I have the same Heys bag as you and your sister and mine is purple!! Gee, I wonder why yours is???! I love that bag, just wish I was using it soon.

Did the girls enjoy going on a ride by themselves? That would have been a bit scary, but they look like they were enjoying themselves.

I wanted to ask you if your DH did any geocaching in the parks. From what I read in your cruise TR and what your DH posted about it, I thought that my DH would enjoy it. We just celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary so I bought him the same GPS that your DH has and suggested. So far he seems very intrigued. He likes to "hunt" for all sorts of treasure, both virtual and real. I know your DD8 did the geocaching with your DH on the cruise. Does she enjoy it much? Does she understand how the GPS thing works? THe photo of them on the hunt in MK is great. Is there anything there for them to find?

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #142
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Gee thanks but I've got to ask you if you said to your DH in private "see I'm not that bad I just buy matching T's." I should warn you I started with purchased T's then starting doing iron on transfers then went completely over the edge with sewing outfits. The Dis can make you do crazy things.

Looking forward to reading more of your TR!
That is so funny No I didn't actually say that. I was so in awe of you and your talent. I was actually telling a neighbor all about you tonight. You are right, the Dis can do some carzy things.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #143
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
Great start to your TR purplepeg and you have some wonderful photos! Your girls are so sweet!! I love the one of your DD4 on the bus with her sunglasses on. She is pretty cool!!

I have the same Heys bag as you and your sister and mine is purple!! Gee, I wonder why yours is???! I love that bag, just wish I was using it soon.

Did the girls enjoy going on a ride by themselves? That would have been a bit scary, but they look like they were enjoying themselves.

I wanted to ask you if your DH did any geocaching in the parks. From what I read in your cruise TR and what your DH posted about it, I thought that my DH would enjoy it. We just celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary so I bought him the same GPS that your DH has and suggested. So far he seems very intrigued. He likes to "hunt" for all sorts of treasure, both virtual and real. I know your DD8 did the geocaching with your DH on the cruise. Does she enjoy it much? Does she understand how the GPS thing works? THe photo of them on the hunt in MK is great. Is there anything there for them to find?

Suz

Hi Suz, I am actually going to defer all the questions to dh. because he has all the details. He loves it, I could take it or leave it. I personally thinks he's obsessed, but that's what he says about me and the Dis so I guess it's all perspective

Old 09-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #144
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Suz
Suz

I was hoping someone would ask about geocaching again!!

Now geocaching at the parks is a bit different than at Castaway Cay or at home. You might remember from the Cruise TR that the object of the game is to find hidden caches that other people have left behind and placed the co ordiantes on Geocaching.com. Now the fine folks at the House of Mouse frown on funny guys like me hiding stuff in the parks and for other funny people to find.(I guess it does look suspicious!!! )

Each of the parks have an old cache type called a "virtual cache" (in fact geocaching.com does not allow new virtual caches to be made any more)
For these caches the owner of the cache sends you to a cool land mark to claim the find. In some cases they may also request a photo of you at the spot or to answer some questions that can only be answered if you are actually there. DD8 and I got all 6 virtual caches at WDW and had a blast, even with TS Fay looming down on us. DD8 loves the hunt with me(even if she not sure how the GPS thingy works )

Hope that helps shed some more light on our cool hobby DH
Old 09-03-2008, 11:05 PM   #145
pl'smama
A distant relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodoc View Post
Suz

I was hoping someone would ask about geocaching again!!

Now geocaching at the parks is a bit different than at Castaway Cay or at home. You might remember from the Cruise TR that the object of the game is to find hidden caches that other people have left behind and placed the co ordiantes on Geocaching.com. Now the fine folks at the House of Mouse frown on funny guys like me hiding stuff in the parks and for other funny people to find.(I guess it does look suspicious!!! )

Each of the parks have an old cache type called a "virtual cache" (in fact geocaching.com does not allow new virtual caches to be made any more)
For these caches the owner of the cache sends you to a cool land mark to claim the find. In some cases they may also request a photo of you at the spot or to answer some questions that can only be answered if you are actually there. DD8 and I got all 6 virtual caches at WDW and had a blast, even with TS Fay looming down on us. DD8 loves the hunt with me(even if she not sure how the GPS thingy works )

Hope that helps shed some more light on our cool hobby DH

Thanks GeoDoc! Great information and I will share it with my DH. I also bought him a book, "Geocaching for Dummies" and he has thumbed through it. Our long weekend was super busy so he has not had time to actually horse around with the GPS thing and read the book. I tried to find the book that was reccommended on the geocaching.com website, but our Chapters was out. Have you used any books for reference? Do you like using the Legend? They had ones with larger screens, but I liked that this one came with maps already for North America. Is it a good model for a newbie to use?

Thanks for you help GeoDoc.

Suz

Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #146
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks GeoDoc! Great information and I will share it with my DH. I also bought him a book, "Geocaching for Dummies" and he has thumbed through it. Our long weekend was super busy so he has not had time to actually horse around with the GPS thing and read the book. I tried to find the book that was reccommended on the geocaching.com website, but our Chapters was out. Have you used any books for reference? Do you like using the Legend? They had ones with larger screens, but I liked that this one came with maps already for North America. Is it a good model for a newbie to use?

Thanks for you help GeoDoc.

Suz
Hi Suz

DD8 and I essentially started geocaching after I bought a portable in Car Garmin GPS last summer. We read a bit on the internet and I have a friend who caches as well so we have not yet used any reference books. We just learned by doing it!!!

I bought the Etrex legend last fall, I do like it, however sometimes the monochrome screen seems a bit dark and small. Otherwise it works fine for caching and I think is a good starter model. Just an FYI, I would think most Garmin handhelds come with the basic North America Map. More detailed maps can be purchased to add to the unit. I have not done this for the hand held as we usually Geocache in the city and the map detail is not essential. For my in car model I have the most up to date road map update.

Thanks for the post.

Geodoc
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #147
pl'smama
A distant relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodoc View Post
Hi Suz

DD8 and I essentially started geocaching after I bought a portable in Car Garmin GPS last summer. We read a bit on the internet and I have a friend who caches as well so we have not yet used any reference books. We just learned by doing it!!!

I bought the Etrex legend last fall, I do like it, however sometimes the monochrome screen seems a bit dark and small. Otherwise it works fine for caching and I think is a good starter model. Just an FYI, I would think most Garmin handhelds come with the basic North America Map. More detailed maps can be purchased to add to the unit. I have not done this for the hand held as we usually Geocache in the city and the map detail is not essential. For my in car model I have the most up to date road map update.

Thanks for the post.

Geodoc

Thanks Geodoc, this is great information. I think I may just have to try out the whole thing with DH! It really seems like fun and maybe a great way to start our DD5 on a new hobbie with Daddy! I will let you know what he thinks of it all.

Suz

Old 09-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #148
nat1234
Mouseketeer

I just finished reading your whole PTR and the start of your TR. It sounds wonderful. I've started planning our next trip which isn't until next year. Looking at all your pictures makes me wish it were much sooner. Your daughters and your niece are beautiful and look so happy. I'm with everyone else, you poor daughter, to have to sit between two people who really hate flying. I did have a good laugh while looking at those pictures though. I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:10 AM   #149
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

I tell ya! She's trying to ruin that poor kid! First Titanic and now this!!!

Hey, purplepeg, I noticed that Titanic is going to be on TNT tonight... you're going to let DS stay up and watch it, right? And little Mini Montana should watch it too.... why should big sister have all the fun?

/me ducking and running
Old 09-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #150
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I have the same heys bag in lime green and black.

My hubby soooo wanted to get Dr Ho's pain machine. Does it really work? Of course now he wants the tiny donut maker we saw in the skymall magazine on airtran on the way home.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: