Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

1 yr Anniv.@ the Land of Make Believe! May09! PTR-UPDATE-We're Home =( 5/27

Hello EVERYONE! I have been wanting to start this darn PTR but I got sick the week before college classes started again.. and stayed sick into the first week of classes.. and now I'm crazy busy with school stuff that I haven't had the time. But I've decided I am going to at least start this wonderful report! It's going to be a little short and sweet today!

First off, I will introduce my DH and I. Just in case you don't know me!!

I'm Jen. I just turned 25 in November. I'm currently a full time college student.. still after 6 years of college. I'm graduating Spring 2011 for secondary education (Communications and English). Of course like the rest of you I am crazy Disney fan!

Although as of right now, my hair is a auburn brown and a little longer than shoulder length... but idk if I like the color on me.. so I'm waiting to see.

Next is my DH-Austy. His name is Austin.. but he's hardly ever Austin.. only when I'm mad.. and then he's Austin Michael!! hehe He is also a fan of Disney World but only because of me. He loves being there and everything but he's not so into the crazy planning and everything. He likes to go and have me have everything planned. hehe He is more into fishing and playing guitar!

Now about whats most important!! THE TRIP!
We are going Monday, May 18th-Monday, May 25th, 2009. We did the 8 days- Buy 4 get 3 deal! We are actually going for our 1 year wedding anniversary (which is actually our 7 year anniversary together) that is June 7th, 2009. BUT we decided to go in May because of my DH gets Memorial Day off and that would give us one more day of fun. YES.. we ended up paying A LOT more than we would of for flight. But its worth it.

We are flying in on Monday the 18th around 11:40pm. We are flight is actually leaving our hometown at 7:05pm.. but we have 1 stop and an hour lay over. We are leaving so late so my DH can work and doesn't have to get out of work early, and we don't have to rush to the airport. He works an hour away from the airport we are going to. So.. it gives us breathing room. Plus, this flight actually ended up being cheaper. So it was worth it!

We are staying at the Pop Century Resort, which we have never stayed at! So I'm excited.. new resort experience!! We also have the park hopper and waterpark and more add ons. We also have the regular dining plan with 1 quick service and 1 table service.
Ok this is all for now. Sorry its so rushed.. more detail will come later!!

Up next, remaining trip information, dining plans, weekly plans.. and much more!

Last edited by JenAusty; 05-27-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quick Question!

Does anyone know how to create a link to a webpage- by using words. For example, i have this trip planner- I would like it to be accessible using "May 2009-1 YR Anniv.@ the Land of Make Believe" instead of just pasting the webpage. I use to know how.. but can't seem to figure it out NOW!

Ohh and after I posted this last night.. I thought.. why didn't I post a wedding picture of us.. since we are newly weds, and we are going for our 1 year.. pff! Soo here's one for fun! It's not from the photographer.. just one someone took!

Our Bridal Party:

Here on our "mini" honeymoon. (Mackinac Island, MI @ Fort Mackinac)

Me..dressing up.. and Austy saying, "I'm not putting that on-do you know how many people put that on-thats gross" hehe idcare

My tattoo I got in Mackinaw. Which is actually something I drew. It turned out ok.. but since was tanning my skin didn't take the color and it faded and stuff.. I'm actually changing it.. but it works! It's on my inside right ankle. It represents Austy and I and my love for disney! I call him my "prince charming" and that was the look I was going for, for his tux. It has the tails in all. =))

Ok thats good enough for now! Sorry I don't have a lot good pictures from the wedding online! If you would like to view my photos from the photographer. Go to http://nauticalimages.instaproofs.com/ and then click on "Jennifer & Austin Wedding" on 6/7/08.

Last edited by JenAusty; 01-23-2009 at 01:05 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Hi!! I'm joining in! We'll be there for a few of the same days. We are checking in on May 22nd.

Just type the words you want Trip Report and highlight them and then click the icon on the top with the little earth and paste the link and that will make your words the link.

Does that make sense? If not, I can give more detailed directions.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
goin2themouse
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read your report!

To make your words clickable, select the icon above that looks like a globe with a link under it and paste your URL into that box. Click OK.

Your URL will then display on your screen like this (without the spaces):

[ URL = "http://www.disboards.com" ] http://www.disboards.com [/URL].

In the space to the right of the right bracket ], you'll see your URL is already highlighted. Start typing the name you'd like to use for your link (DIS boards in the example below), and that second link will disappear, instead adding the words you'd like to use for your link. So, the above will become:

DIS Boards

I hope that makes sense! If not, I'm sure someone else can do a better job than me.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen!
Just stumbled across your PTR....looks like you have a lot of fun planned for your 1 year anniversary! Congrats on the wedding!! You guys make an adorable couple!!! Can't wait to hear more.....btw, trying to figure out how to make my title a link too in my siggie and can't either...I'm writing my first TR, too!! So thanks for asking that!! Maybe we'll figure it out together!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2themouse View Post

To make your words clickable, select the icon above that looks like a globe with a link under it and paste your URL into that box. Click OK.

In the space to the right of the right bracket ], you'll see your URL is already highlighted. Start typing the name you'd like to use for your link (DIS boards in the example below), and that second link will disappear, instead adding the words you'd like to use for your link. So, the above will become:

DIS Boards

I hope that makes sense! If not, I'm sure someone else can do a better job than me.
You did a much better job than I did.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
goin2themouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
You did a much better job than I did.
Oh my, I promise I wasn't trying to one up you! I'm a little embarrassed. I swear your reply wasn't there when I started adding mine. I guess it took me too long to type.

Maybe between the two of us, they can figure it out? Or maybe be even more confused?
Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my, I promise I wasn't trying to one up you! I'm a little embarrassed. I swear your reply wasn't there when I started adding mine. I guess it took me too long to type.

Maybe between the two of us, they can figure it out? Or maybe be even more confused?
No worries! I'm at work so it took me forever to type it out.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Alright Jen, I found you!

LOVE your wedding pics- and the one with the garter and you in flip flops?! A girl after my own heart!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:
Hi!! I'm joining in! We'll be there for a few of the same days. We are checking in on May 22nd.

Just type the words you want Trip Report and highlight them and then click the icon on the top with the little earth and paste the link and that will make your words the link.

YAY! We were actually going to go June 7th week.. but we ended up going during memorial weekend. But thats still exciting. We will be there 4 days together! hehe
Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:

DIS Boards

This helps out a lot!!! Thanks you! I don't remember doing that before.. but this way almost seems easier. I tried searching disboard for help but I couldn't find anything! I'll try figuring it out tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi Jen!
Just stumbled across your PTR....looks like you have a lot of fun planned for your 1 year anniversary! Congrats on the wedding!! You guys make an adorable couple!!! Can't wait to hear more.....btw, trying to figure out how to make my title a link too in my siggie and can't either...I'm writing my first TR, too!! So thanks for asking that!! Maybe we'll figure it out together!!!
Thanks!! Yes, we do have a lot planned. I actually had more but then I decided that I want us to be able to relax a little bit while we are there If you read the other comments.. I got a lot of good instructions on how to post the link! I'll check out your TR also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
Alright Jen, I found you!

LOVE your wedding pics- and the one with the garter and you in flip flops?! A girl after my own heart!
YAY! I'm excited! I hope mine is interesting as yours! hehe I love that picture of the garter. The photographer took one also, but this one is soo much better!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #12
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Great start, I love your wedding pictures. You arrive the day we leave, we should be on the plane home by the time you arrive. Cant wait for more updates.

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Great start, I love your wedding pictures. You arrive the day we leave, we should be on the plane home by the time you arrive. Cant wait for more updates.
Aww. really?! Well if you do a trip report- then when I get home I'll get to see the week before. .and then everyone can view the week after! hehe Do you usually go in May? Or have you before? How is the crowd and so forth?

Thanks for joining!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:

Quote:

DIS Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi Jen!
Lady Lallie & Goin2themouse- I wanted to tell you THANKS again for all your help figuring out the link! It worked and I know have a new link on my signature! I feel cool now! hehe

princess&herprincess- It works!! hehe So follow their directions and it should work for you! Its actually pretty easy!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

new hair.

I decided to post a picture of my new hair. idk if I like it. I love the color.. but idk if its me or not.. I feel like it washes my face out. But I am planning on tanning because in March I'm going to be in my DH's sisters wedding and I want to have a beautiful tan. I'm also worried because I am wearing a red dress.. and I don't want my burgandy brown hair to clash with the red dress. It's like a little while away.. so I could always redo my hair again.. I like the red in it.. but I also like the blonde in it to. But anyways, here's the first picture I took. Mind you it will probably fade some to. DH took it in the truck.

See what happen was.. I had blonde hair with the auburn brown and caramel highlights. Then 2 months later I decided to redo my hair and go darker.. which I've been debating for a long time... pretty much since I've got married. I've been dark before but not this dark.. and not this red. I knew right away I wanted a plum brown color.. I love the purplish red browns. So I went to the hair supply store (my mom has a license because shes a nail tech) to pick my hair color out.. and then take it to the hair stylist (who works with my mom). I get in there.. and the brand she uses.. well they don't have a lot of selection to what I want. So I stick with her brand.. but go to a different kind.. we it was a medium brown with plum red base. So I leave.. she dyes my hair- she makes me base hair color the brown with blonde highlights.. I loved it... it was a little brighter red than I wanted.. but it was different and I liked it. But all of a sudden 2 days later.. my hair color was all washing out.. ***! So we call and then sylist tells me to come back in.. meanwhile they call the company- and she tells them that it was because of my pigment in my hair- that it didn't take the color. So... they tell her to dye my hair a certain color as a filler and then redye it the color I want. So we go to the store- guess what?!! They don't have the filler color! OMGGGoooddness.. so I just decided to stick with her exact brand and color stuff she uses.. so we leave.. she dyes my ahir.. most of it takes but not all.. she redyes it again.. and it takes.. its super dark, not the color I wanted exactly.. and I said forget about the highlights.. becaus eI'm afraid they won't hold.. after crying and stuff because I was afraid my ahir was going to fall out.. I'm going to deal with this color for a while. DH says its beautiful and he loves it on me. He also likes brunettes better than blondes.. but I'm a natural blonde.. who loves blonde hair.. but I also like changing to brown here and there. My mom and dad said they like it way better than the first time. I disagree. My best friend lives in Florida and I sent her a picture in a text.. and she says "Whoa its dark- but I like it". So everyone likes it.. I guess it just takes some getting use to it. Well thats all for now. I have A LOT to do today. I have a laundry, grocery shopping, shopping for an outfit for my friends bday party bus today and then my friends party! We are going to a comedy club! I exciteddd!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: