Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #31
ShadowKittyKat
Ailurophile
Self-Proclaimed Unofficial DIS Grammar Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys_girl View Post
Aw bummer I was gonna sail you. I personally hate to sail but once you see it done well by others it gets a bit easier. I'm not saying watching me will help, however I have learned some from others, and you will too. Let me know if you come back. I could use the sailing practice LOL!

btw: I was never good at VMK pirates game haha!

-Stacey
LOL sailing really is all about strategy. If you want some practice just let me know

ShadowKittyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #32
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Well, I think I have the sailing part down... I just cilck an arrow key and off I go. It's the shooting part that I'm not getting. I don't even realize there's an enemy ship nearby until boom, I've been hit...

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #33
cowboys_girl
Mouseketeer

Let me vouch for Shadow, she is an awesome captain, and great fun to sail with. Without he skills I would not have gotten through the Boss Battle LOL! If she wants to sail you I'd be more than happy on cannon, that's my forte on the ship.

-Stacey

If that is the case pink there could be many problems, maybe you don't have your compass zoomed out all the way. You can hold down the right mose button and change your point of view while sailing. Also use your roller on your mouse to scroll out so you can see more while sailing. Etc etc..

One of my many incarnations!
cowboys_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #34
HappyGoLucky
Mouseketeer

To shoot the ships on your own, sneak up on them from behind, then sail just to the left (or right), put your sails down, shoot, then drop back, then sail to the opposite side, and shoot again, and drop back. Repeat until they sink or you sink lol. You have go from side to side because your broadside cannons have a recharge period (they are your number 1 and 2 keys on the keyboard, which you have to put a skill point on to activate).

Hope that helps, it is fun. But when you are a low level, it is so much easier if you have a higher level partner.

Advice, when you get skill points don't apply them right away. Save them until you understand what you're doing better.

Good luck!
HappyGoLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #35
whs_singingrose
off in lalala land
Why would they take the flip flops out?
*stands on Main Street and listens to her locket music box*

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Well, I think I have the sailing part down... I just cilck an arrow key and off I go. It's the shooting part that I'm not getting. I don't even realize there's an enemy ship nearby until boom, I've been hit...
Pink, if you use the right mouse button and move your mouse while sailing you can see everything around you.

I've been playing Pirates since the beta testing, so feel free to send a pm to ask for help.

I am Coral RoyalQueen, Kristen, and Elphaba on Pirates
whs_singingrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #36
threeboysmom

Sorry guys, this is all way over my head. I'm really not following what any of you are saying.

I'm not a gamer. VMK has been the only online game I've ever played.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #37
cowboys_girl
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the offer Shadow, I may take you up on that when I move over to the new Guild.

Pink, if you give it up no harm done. However I will tell you that before POTCO all I ever played was VMK and Sims 2. I used to think role playing games were dumb and there is a lot of talk on POTCO forums that I do not understand. I can tell you that it is much easier and a vastly different experience playing with a group. My husband says he will be the highest level pirate that has no idea what he's doing, because he is not a gamer either but he has fun playing with the guild members. Anyway, i would advise you to give it a go with a group before quitting altogether. Shadow and I are in a guild together and everyone is more than happy to help without you actually joining the guild if that is what you would prefer.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

-Stacey

Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #38
taz
Bye

Quote:
Well..... since people don't seem to talk to me, I can honestly say NO I don't like this game so far!! For crying out loud... the chat log looks like this...

PinkGirlygirl: Hey, can someone help me?
Pinkgirlygirl: I'm trying to change my clothes
PinkGirlygirl: Can someone tell me how?
PinkGirlygirl: Anyone?
PinkGirlygirl: Please?

ARG!

I was just telling Aengus, the ONLY interraction I have had so far with another player is this guy that came up to me when I was pleading for help and tried to stab me with his sword. When that didn't work, he pulled out his gun and proceeded to shoot me. Fortunately, you must not be able to kill other players!

But wow, give me a break!! I just want to change my clothes!!!!!!!
Haha! I remember asking people where to get a ship... then i quit.

Lol

Last edited by taz; 04-10-2008 at 07:04 AM.
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #39
schnerk
I am SOOO not addicted to Disboards... I can quit any time... Ah, who am I fooling?

Quote:
Oh my gosh!! Hit me where it hurts! Yeah, Disney knows how to get my money.... ARRRRR!
Well, if you're playing, I may have to start....
schnerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #40
taz
Bye

I will give POTC a try in June again
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #41
threeboysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnerk View Post
Well, if you're playing, I may have to start....
Gosh, Schnerk....

WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?????????????

Old 04-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #42
threeboysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys_girl View Post
Thanks for the offer Shadow, I may take you up on that when I move over to the new Guild.

Pink, if you give it up no harm done. However I will tell you that before POTCO all I ever played was VMK and Sims 2. I used to think role playing games were dumb and there is a lot of talk on POTCO forums that I do not understand. I can tell you that it is much easier and a vastly different experience playing with a group. My husband says he will be the highest level pirate that has no idea what he's doing, because he is not a gamer either but he has fun playing with the guild members. Anyway, i would advise you to give it a go with a group before quitting altogether. Shadow and I are in a guild together and everyone is more than happy to help without you actually joining the guild if that is what you would prefer.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

-Stacey
Thanks for the encouragement, Stacey

Guess I'll try again when I can sail along with someone... although not sure how I can chat AND shoot

Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 PM   #43
cowboys_girl
Mouseketeer

LOL it's not as dangerous as you think with many people, when you are short handed thought it is hard to chat and shoot, chatting and sailing is worse. That's just me though.

-Stacey

Old 04-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #44
schnerk
I am SOOO not addicted to Disboards... I can quit any time... Ah, who am I fooling?

Quote:
Gosh, Schnerk....

WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?????????????
You meen besides missing playing pirates with you?

Life here has been CRAZY. We have been traveling and working on the business like madmen.

But we leave for London and Paris on Friday...

(Of course we are heading to DLP for 3 days in the middle )
schnerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #45
hdmonkeybug
The tag fairy doesn't like Monkeys?

OMG Pink! Thank you so much for the best laugh I have had in days! That was seriously the most I have laughed reading here on DIS in ages! You had tears rolling down my face!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: