Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #166
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris View Post
I had teleported to her and I think at the same time she teleported to me.
Hmmm... wonder if that is what causes the problem. I had teleported to Petez at the same time he was teleporting to me (after we were both getting out of jail AGAIN, I might add....)

Interesting

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats,#28 Little Bee

Currently reading: #29 The Art Forger

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #167
Iris
Not-so-secretly wishing to own the Disney Wonder
Loves her Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Hmmm... wonder if that is what causes the problem. I had teleported to Petez at the same time he was teleporting to me (after we were both getting out of jail AGAIN, I might add....)

Interesting
I think there needs to be a special sign in the jail, Pink's cell!!!

Formerly of #462 and #737 Disneyland-1967&1987 : Prior trips to WDW-1971,1975,1976,1981,1986,1991,Every year since 1994 Disney Wonder Cruises: 2001,2002,2003; Nov.3, 2004-DVC AKL (last trip as a CM~ )December 7-10, 2004 Pop with DD for 1st trip to Pop Warner ChampionshipsJune 2005-DVC SS; Dec. 8-11, 2005 All stars with DDs for Pop Warner ChampionshipsDec. 23, 2005 - Boardwalk~Christmas at WDW!! Royal Carribbean Cruise 2005July 6-13, 2006 ~ Boardwalk DVCDLR ~ February 17-22, 2007~1st time in 20 years!June 18-25, 2007~OKW DVC September 9-13,2007~AKL DVC;June 2008~OKW DVC;JUNE 2009~ OKW DVC September 2009~DVC WL; 2 trips in one year!;Aug29-Sept.5,2010-DVC OKW~Taking DD to WDW for CareerStart!!;December 9-15, 2010 @DVC SSR to see Steph! February 26-March 4, 2011~OKW DVC to see Steph as a Character Performer!!:May 11-16,2011~OKW DVC to help move Steph permanently to Florida!;June 22-27,2011-quick trip to see Steph;Oct. 13-22, 2011-Girls trip!;Dec.4-10, 2011~DVC SSR to see Steph in the castle show!,3/27-4/1/12~Off property to help Steph move!:Nov.8-13,2012~DVC-F&W5K&visit Steph!
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #168
WDWLIGHTNINGZ
DIS Veteran
Title Says All!

I tried Lightningz but they denied it - trying again, Lol.

Simply known as Bucaneer for the moment. I'm level 4 I think.

ETA: I got accepted - Lightningz

Last edited by WDWLIGHTNINGZ; 04-16-2008 at 09:42 AM.
WDWLIGHTNINGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #169
LittleWoodenHead
It's interesting that we both used the word "abomination" to describe the WDW Tiki Room....

Quote:
OK, I have a really strange question. Is there some sort of invisibility bug on POTCO?

Last night I was on with KrazyPete, and he claims he couldn't see Pink even though I was standing in front of him....

Matty_D joined us and lo and behold he couldn't see me either! Now I could see both of them clear as day, but they both claimed they couldn't see me at all even though I was moving around them, standing right in front of their faces. I even went off and killed a guard just to make sure I was *really* there and not a "ghost."...

Has anyone heard of this happening before?
Yes, there is an invisibility bug. I don't know why (or where) it happened in your case, but there are various glitches around PotCO that can cause it. You can actually make it happen in certain places/circumstances.

I've done it myself, as have a couple of my friends. Interestingly, none of us took damage while invisible, yet we were still able to wreak havoc on the nasties and earn rep. We could not, however, tp when in the invisibility glitch (we got messages saying "You cannot teleport from jail"). Also, my health bar was locked down in Groggy mode, even though the bar itself was completely green. And I didn't get the golden glow when I leveled up my weapon, either. I needed to log off and back on to return to my normal state.

It was fun to play around with, but I've only done it once. Since it was obviously a glitch, I was a little concerned that it might have some unwanted effects on my pirate. And even though it didn't, I'm not quite comfortable enough to do it again.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #170
whs_singingrose
off in lalala land
Why would they take the flip flops out?
*stands on Main Street and listens to her locket music box*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWoodenHead View Post
Yes, there is an invisibility bug. I don't know why (or where) it happened in your case, but there are various glitches around PotCO that can cause it. You can actually make it happen in certain places/circumstances.

I've done it myself, as have a couple of my friends. Interestingly, none of us took damage while invisible, yet we were still able to wreak havoc on the nasties and earn rep. We could not, however, tp when in the invisibility glitch (we got messages saying "You cannot teleport from jail"). Also, my health bar was locked down in Groggy mode, even though the bar itself was completely green. And I didn't get the golden glow when I leveled up my weapon, either. I needed to log off and back on to return to my normal state.

It was fun to play around with, but I've only done it once. Since it was obviously a glitch, I was a little concerned that it might have some unwanted effects on my pirate. And even though it didn't, I'm not quite comfortable enough to do it again.

the good thing about this bug is that the enemies can't see you either. It can be a great way to level your weapons.

I am Coral RoyalQueen, Kristen, and Elphaba on Pirates
whs_singingrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #171
LittleMermaidsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, I have a really strange question. Is there some sort of invisibility bug on POTCO?

Like what the others have said, there are a few invisibility glitches.. you can usually use them to your advantage, as most of the time enemies cannot inflict damage on you while you're invisible but you can kill them.

The best glitch is on Outcast.. there are 2 stumps in the grassy area that are level 30+ .. you need to go there with at least 1 other person... one of you will become glitched and the other won't. It's a great way to level fast.
LittleMermaidsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #172
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris View Post
I think there needs to be a special sign in the jail, Pink's cell!!!
Hey! Can I have fresh flowers put in my cell for next time?

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats,#28 Little Bee

Currently reading: #29 The Art Forger

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #173
supermonkey
Rock N Roll

i'm on if anyone wants to meet

Xbox Live:
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #174
cyre
Also known as Purple Crate Girl ;)

Anyone on? i'm on the first server if anyone wants to meetup
Old 04-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #175
DanMedix
DIS Veteran

There is indeed an invisibility bug. I found folks that used it around Kingshead, when I was searching for items for the grenades. They helped me get what I needed, by attacking the soldiers who were otherwise coming to get me!
Day-Trip : EPCOT (10/92) / POFQ(7/94) / ASMu(11/01) / Day-Trip: Animal Kingdom (6/03) / CSR (11/04) / POP (10/07) / POP(11/08) THE STORY SO FAR: 2008 (with incomplete afterwards-link ) / POP(..yes, again!) 10/12 PTR HERE! / COMING SOON: POR (5&6/14)! Octonauts.....let's do this!
DanMedix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #176
cowboys_girl
Mouseketeer

Being invisible on Kingshead rocks! Just wanted to add that.

-Stacey

One of my many incarnations!
cowboys_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #177
WDWLIGHTNINGZ
DIS Veteran
Title Says All!

Are there any UK'ers here who pay for this game??

It says I have to enter an American address... which sadly I don't have.

Any possible way around this?
Old 04-17-2008, 05:10 AM   #178
curlee-Q
I believe in fairies <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLIGHTNINGZ View Post

As far as Im aware there is no way around this currently. I have some friends in the UK and Germany who cannot play because they are not from the US. It stinks because they let them play beta then the go on to say they cant play anymore. I hope you find a way around it though!

Thank you ShadowKittyKat for the amazing sig and for fixing my avatar!
curlee-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #179
WDWLIGHTNINGZ
DIS Veteran
Title Says All!

I've sent an email so hopefully i'll hear back.

They are releasing POTCO in the UK in a few months but - I will not be able to play with you guys.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #180
rickyratsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLIGHTNINGZ View Post

Do you mean address where you live or your online email address??

SneekyTiki
I've been Boo'ed by Beezler!
rickyratsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: