DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #31
Monorail Purple&Gold
How do you do? Mighty glad to meet you! Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Location: South Louisiana, Unit 21 Jambo House, Units 68D and 80A Kidani Village

"Declared" means that the DVD has filed for these units with the local comptroller intending to sell them. Hence, units 57-63 are blank--these units have not been declared by the condo association yet. Also keep in mind, the declared units shown are only on the second floor...they still have to declare the rest of the 2nd floor as well as the entire 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors.

Monorail Purple&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #32
Monorail Purple&Gold

Location: South Louisiana, Unit 21 Jambo House, Units 68D and 80A Kidani Village

Maybe being too technical, but wouldn't the northwest corner of the Kidani Village side be more suitable to be referred to as the "Sunset Savanna"?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #33
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

slightly of topic, but any news on the pool construction?
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #34
tecodis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
slightly of topic, but any news on the pool construction?
Paulh
And how will Kidani Village be connected to Jambo House? I'm wondering if it will be just a path/walkway or something structural like a catwalk.

Perhaps they are going to allow us to walk through the savannah, petting animals on the way, to get to Jambo House! My luck, they will have a plain sidewalk running along the dumpster areas.

Member since 6/21/08!! 510 points proud!
tecodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #35
JaxFLBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecodis View Post
And how will Kidani Village be connected to Jambo House? I'm wondering if it will be just a path/walkway or something structural like a catwalk.

Perhaps they are going to allow us to walk through the savannah, petting animals on the way, to get to Jambo House! My luck, they will have a plain sidewalk running along the dumpster areas.
From the public DVC website:
Will the two buildings be in walking distance from each other?

Yes, there is an outdoor walking path between the two buildings. (It is an approximately 2,500-foot walk from the porte cochere of one building to the other.)
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #36
Monorail Purple&Gold

Hey there, fellow AKV admirers!!!

Updated plans including the new units declared on the 3rd floor. Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!

Here's the 3rd floor:

And here's the 2nd floor. I updated it to reflect the last three units being only 1 villa deep at the south end.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #37
AKV707

DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update! Good to see more declared units. Looking forward to calling MS on Aug 10 to try to switch from Jambo to Kidani.

Where can I see the layouts of the units?

Thanks

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
AKV707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #38
Monorail Purple&Gold

Here's the link from DVC News.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...d=542&Itemid=1

Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #39
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Purple&Gold View Post
Updated plans including the new units declared on the 3rd floor. Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!
Those are probably HA rooms. The kitchen in one of the 2BR villas in Unit 80B is L-shaped rather than U-shaped. The balcony door in the master bedroom of that villa opens out which indicates that is an HA 1BR. One of the easiest ways to spot the HA rooms on the floor plans is to look at the balcony doors. If you see a balcony door that swings out, that is an HA room.

ETA: The shower stall in the master bathroom in that 1BR looks different as well with what looks like an outline of a fold-down chair and no seating area at the back of the shower.

The studio in that 2BR L/O is also HA -- it has a roll-in shower instead of a tub and a "swinging" balcony door rather than a slider.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #40
TSMIII
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!
Yes, for Kidani these were first seen in Units 64A & 64B with one 2BR LO each having this type of configuration (see Post #1).

As our resident AKV expert LisaS said, these are likely the HA rooms.

TSMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #41
TSMIII
Mouseketeer

Updated the post title to reflect Monorail Purple & Gold's new diagrams.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #42
LisaS
DIS Veteran

I copied the floor plan for Unit 64 from the first post so that those who are interested can see how the HA rooms are set up. Both 64A and 64B consist of two 2BR lockoffs. The 2BR L/O on the right is HA.

Master Bathrooms: In the non-HA bathroom, the toilet is enclosed, the vanity is wider and the shower stall is longer with a sitting area at the back. In the HA bathroom, the the toilet is not enclosed, the vanity is narrowe and the shower stall does not have the seat at the back but there appears to be a fold-down seat in one of the rear corners.

Master Bedrooms: The balcony door in the HA room opens out, the non-HA room has a sliding door.

Kitchen: The kitchen in the HA room is L-shaped, the washer/dryer is across from the kitchen and the connecting door to the studio is across from the 2nd bathroom. In the non-HA room, the kitchen is U-shaped, the washer/dryer is across from the 2nd bathroom and the connecting door is closer to the across from the kitchen.

Studio: In the HA studio, the connecting door is in the entry way before the kitchenette, the toilet is not enclosed, the vanity is narrower and there is a roll-in shower in this particular HA studio (some have a tub) and the door to the balcony opens out. In the non-HA studio, the connecting door is after the kitchenette, the toilet is in a small enclosed space, the vanity is wider and there is a tub and there is a sliding door out to the balcony.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #43
Monorail Purple&Gold

Thanks for setting me straight, LisaS!!

DW and I are really getting excited about the new building, can't wait to see the GV's start showing up on the plans!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #44
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for setting me straight, LisaS!!
I just think it's great we have access to these floor plans so we can figure all these things out. I also think it's great that TSMIII is publishing the floor plans in this thread. I wish it had occurred to me to do that for Jambo House as we went along.

Quote:
DW and I are really getting excited about the new building, can't wait to see the GV's start showing up on the plans!!!
Same here!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #45
TSMIII
Mouseketeer

If you're interested, here are the totals for Kidani so far based on the diagram in Post #36 above:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 40 (30 SV / 10 STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 100

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 48 (25 SV / 23 STD including 1 HA SV / 2 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 120

Grand Villa -
Declared 0
Planned 16
Remaining 16

Total -
Declared 88 (55 SV / 33 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 236

Currently the split for the different views is 62.5% SV / 37.5% STD

Note that all 3 Handicap Accessible 2BR LOs declared so far are located in the same building (Phase 64/80) with 1 SV and 1 STD on the 2nd floor, and the other STD on the 3rd floor.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: