Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
waltdisneymama
Mouseketeer

Westjet - flight confirmation

Hello,
I should be able to find this information myself, but can't seem to My Westjet flights were acquired with my airmiles. I know that I can do web check-in up to 24 hours before the flight (from Calgary) and print boarding passes, etc. But I still need to reconfirm the flights before that, right; and then in Florida I'll need to reconfirm the return flights a couple of days beforehand? I see all sorts of phone numbers on their website, but not one specifically for reconfirming flights. Can someone help me with this? Also, (after I do the web check-in) I'm confused as to how early I need to check in at the airport for my flight from Calgary (flight from Calgary to Hamilton to Orlando.) 90 minutes? 120 minutes? It will be a very early morning, so I don't want to be there TOO early.
Thank you very much!
waltdisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdisneymama View Post
Hello,
I should be able to find this information myself, but can't seem to My Westjet flights were acquired with my airmiles. I know that I can do web check-in up to 24 hours before the flight (from Calgary) and print boarding passes, etc. But I still need to reconfirm the flights before that, right; and then in Florida I'll need to reconfirm the return flights a couple of days beforehand? I see all sorts of phone numbers on their website, but not one specifically for reconfirming flights. Can someone help me with this? Also, (after I do the web check-in) I'm confused as to how early I need to check in at the airport for my flight from Calgary (flight from Calgary to Hamilton to Orlando.) 90 minutes? 120 minutes? It will be a very early morning, so I don't want to be there TOO early.
Thank you very much!
I book a lot (and I do mean a lot LOL) of flights for the company I do work at home for and it's always a good plan to call the number listed on your emailed WJ confirmation with any questions (it's the toll-free number listed on the left of your ticketed price).

It says on your e-ticket how early you'll need to check in - just take a look at the stuff at the end (the pertinent section is called "Identification and Check-In Information").

Hope that helps
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
yxe dad
DIS Veteran

Also with Airmiles tickets there are two confirmation #'s. One is the Airmiles confirmation # and the second and more importantly is the Westjet #. The Westjet # is the one you use to checkin online and print your boarding passes. A Westjet confirmation # will look something like this WHFVBE, not really a #, but may have a # or 2.

Your first flight is a domestic flight so 90 min should be lots.

Shayne
upcoming - May 2014 - 40th B-Day Trip
yxe dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
waltdisneymama
Mouseketeer

Hi lisalonglash,
I haven't actually received anything by email/snail mail from Westjet, just from Airmiles. The Airmiles documents say to reconfirm flights at least 24 hours prior directly with the carrier (in one spot it says 72 hours), but it doesn't give a phone number to call. The only phone numbers that I see on the Airmiles documents are for Airmiles itself. So I checked the Westjet website, but didn't see a number specifically for reconfirming flights. Maybe I should just call one of their 1-800 numbers and they could transfer me to the correct spot. I just wanted to have a number written down and ready to call while in Florida too, for the return flight.
Thanks for your help!

yxe dad: Yes, I have the specific Westjet confirmation number - do I just use that with web check-in up 24 hours before; ie., don't I also have to phone beforehand to reconfirm the flight? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
charm73
Mouseketeer

I just did the same thing 2 days ago.

Call Westjet 1-888-WESTJET(937-8538) and tell them you booked with Airmiles but want to confirm your flight times, give them the Westjet Confirmation#.

They were good about giving me all the info I wanted including what time to arrive at the airport and where I would clear Customs (Toronto).

I am never scared to call Westjet. It's kind of like calling Disney, you always get someone friendly who wants to help.
charm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
waltdisneymama
Mouseketeer

charm73,
I will call 1-888-westjet a couple of days before our flight and do the same! I don't actually leave until the end of the month, but am wanting to figure things out in advance. Thanks for your response!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
MaryannF
Very interesting...
We have gotten misted and dripped-on

Call the 1-800 number to confirm before you leave home. I called the 1-800 number from Pop Century the day before our departure to confirm our flight and spoke to a very nice WestJet rep who confirmed our flight and asked about the weather in Florida.
MaryannF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #8
drag n' fly
Bucket list alert!!...Rode the Lilly Belle and dined at Club 33 on the same day with Dave Smith!!

This is the 1-800 number we are using to confirm our flights next week when going home.

1-800-538-5696
drag n' fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #9
misslissa
DIS Veteran

Maybe someone can help me with the online check-in. I know you can check in online 24 hours beforehand. Is this when you do seat selection? Or can you do that further in advance?
Also, when you check in online, do you have to print anything out? Or can you check in and print boarding passes seperately? The reason is that I don't have a printer at home, and I won't be at work at 8 pm when our flight is.
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #10
charm73
Mouseketeer

You can only select your seats when you check in 24 hours in advance. They will have some pre-assigned but you do have the opportunity to change them.

I believe that you can do the check in choose your seats and then go to the kiosk/counter at the airport for your boarding passes if you don't have a printer. Sounds like a question to ask when you phone to confirm your flight times.

When are you leaving? We leave April 29th, arriving Apr 30 in MCO
charm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
misslissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm73 View Post
You can only select your seats when you check in 24 hours in advance. They will have some pre-assigned but you do have the opportunity to change them.

I believe that you can do the check in choose your seats and then go to the kiosk/counter at the airport for your boarding passes if you don't have a printer. Sounds like a question to ask when you phone to confirm your flight times.

When are you leaving? We leave April 29th, arriving Apr 30 in MCO
We are leaving at 8 pm on May 2... so close to you!!!!!
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: