Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
DisneyPhD
Too old is when you stop breathing.
Keep them supported or else they will make you pay later
I sometimes worry every stupid thing I say is going to follow me around forever

The best bag for Disney?

I have a baggallini messenger bag that I got after reading here. I like it, but have some issues with it.

Last year I remember reading a thread about another new great bag for Disney, it was like the baggallini but more stream line. I didn't get it because I had almost a year until my next trip. It had a different pattern inside it then out and came in a few different colors. It looked very cool.

Well I now have 4 weeks and I am looking for a new bag. Any ideas or suggestions? If all else fails I still have the baggallini .
DisneyPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
DisneyPhD

I thought people were getting it from REI so I have been doing some web searches, but have not come up with anything.

The thing I don't like about my baggallini bag is it is always across my chest, in all the pictures. There is no real good way to hang it on your shoulder too. Also it hangs in back of you all the time, I want something that might hang in front (low) some times.

Still looking.........................................
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Va-bear
Dream World=we get to sit home and drink hot cocoa!
They need to offer speed reading classes to bears!

You know, when I read your OP, my first reacion was "she means that bag from REI....what's it called...." I then proceeded to search their site and thought maybe you meant the Overland Donner bag....BUT, it didnt show the contrasting colors that you mentoined earlier (and I kind of think I remember from the thread I think you mean.....) BUT THEN, I went to Ebags.com, where they always show "more views" and can see there more detail...http://www.ebags.com/overland_equipm...modelid=109695

Bag pic:

Well, anyway, hope it helps at all.

ps - the more I look at this one the more I love it - ack, will you explain to my DH why I NEED to buy ANOTHER bag?! My Baggallini wasnt my fav either - but so far, am loving my Crocs sling bag.

2014-Pop 2012 Pop 2011-POFQ/Disney Dream Cruise 2009-Pop 2008-AK 2007-POP/POR 2006-Wilderness Lodge 2005-Celebration Radisson 2001-Wyndham Palace 1993-offsite 1975-Fort Wilderness
Va-bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Va-bear

ps - to anyone interested in this bag.

Sierra Trading post has it for about 1/2 off!!! (Might be "last years" colors)

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Pro...&cdf=TopSeller

(THere's even a "lime" color called aloe....backoreder rigth now....but still!)

PS- all of their Overland bags are 30-50% off or so - love Sierra Trading Post!

2014-Pop 2012 Pop 2011-POFQ/Disney Dream Cruise 2009-Pop 2008-AK 2007-POP/POR 2006-Wilderness Lodge 2005-Celebration Radisson 2001-Wyndham Palace 1993-offsite 1975-Fort Wilderness

Last edited by Va-bear; 04-02-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: add ps
Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
delmar411
DIS Veteran

is the baggallini not comfortable? That's what I was planning on taking w/ me and it would be my first time using it. I got it during that awesome sale but it's super ugly (pink with lime green inside) so I haven't tried it out in public yet! LOL
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
Va-bear

I had some of the same complaints as the OP - didnt like they way it would hang. It really is designed w/ only one correct orientation....across the back and in one direction only... but that is the case w/ many sling type bags. Though, my sling bag cooler has a hook so you can change which shoulder you want it over.

ANYWAY, most do love it - so give it a chance - or do like many of us here and just keep on changing!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #7
ceecee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
is the baggallini not comfortable? That's what I was planning on taking w/ me and it would be my first time using it. I got it during that awesome sale but it's super ugly (pink with lime green inside) so I haven't tried it out in public yet! LOL
I liked the Bagellini, it distributes the weight better. I can't stand a shoulder or messenger bag. My Chiropractor said no more shoulder bags and he was right, no pain since I got rid of them. Mostly, I stuck with my fanny pack (I bought a Disney one when we were there 4 years ago). It looks goofy but who cares! I also wore Crocs last year, a fashion statement! With the fanny pack it holds everything I need and it's easy to take off for photos.
ceecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #8
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPhD View Post
I have a baggallini messenger bag that I got after reading here. I like it, but have some issues with it.

Last year I remember reading a thread about another new great bag for Disney, it was like the baggallini but more stream line. I didn't get it because I had almost a year until my next trip. It had a different pattern inside it then out and came in a few different colors. It looked very cool.

Well I now have 4 weeks and I am looking for a new bag. Any ideas or suggestions? If all else fails I still have the baggallini .

It does sound like an Overland bag! Maybe the Donner which I think is similar in size to the Baggallini? Some are a solid color on the outside and then a print or contrasting color on the inside.

I haven't tried a Donner but did buy the Overland Placer from REI a month or so back when it was on clearance for about $12 shipped. Mine is the Aloe/Dahlia one...sort of a lime green with a pretty floral print on the inside. It is much smaller than the Donner or Baggallini but still quite a bit of room and lots of little pockets
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
myAAbatteries&aTD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-bear View Post

Why, why, why did you have to post this????? LOL... I've been wanting this bag, but refuse to pay full price and I like last year's colors better than the new ones and couldn't find them anywhere.... So I bought the Disney Messenger bag (which is soooo cute and was only $9.xx) thinking I wouldn't need an Overland Donner.... but now I may just HAVE to get one since I know I would love it....

BTW, I have a Baggillini Messenger bag and do like it. I use it for holding a few diapers and snacks for the kids....
myAAbatteries&aTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
Jeanne B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Though, my sling bag cooler has a hook so you can change which shoulder you want it over.
I just bought the black Overland Luna sling bag although I haven't had a chance to use it yet, it has the hook so you can switch which shoulder you want to put it on and IMO it's better quality than the baggalini, the material it's made of is heavier than my baggalini although I think it's slightly smaller (I haven't compared the two side by side yet and it's been a year or so since I've used my baggalini).

http://www.ebags.com/overland_equipm...modelid=109693

I noticed it's on Sierra Trading post also, less money but different colors (last years style maybe?).

WDW Offsite Feb-1989 (first trip to WDW with college girlfriends)
WDW Offsite Oct-1991
WDW ASMo Sep-00
WDW Offsite Sep-01 ~ Sep-02 ~ Oct-03 ~ May-04
Norwegian Sun Jan-05 (first cruise)
WDW Disney Coronado Springs Resort/Pop Century May-05
WDW Offsite/Disney Wonder Oct-05
WDW Offsite May-06
St Thomas/St John, USVI June-06
Disney Wonder/Caribbean Beach Resort Nov-06
California/Arizona June-07
RCI Navigator 12/8/07
Carnival Valor 3/2/08
St Thomas/St John, USVI 11/29/08
Belize 4/17/09
WDW Offsite 11/6/09
Carnival Destiny 3/8/10
Italy June-10
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Feb-11

Last edited by Jeanne B; 04-03-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Jeanne B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #11
DisneyPhD

Quote:

Yes, thank you! It was last years one that I was thinking about, so when I looked at REI I didn't recognize it. I think I will give this a try and for that price (too bad I didn't find it on clearance for $12, but you can't have everything.

strmtroopr96, thank you I think it was the Aloe/Dahlia that stood out in my memory.

Don't loose heart about the bagglini. I like it, but all my pictures had this blue strap across my shirt, and I don't want it again this year. I think I will take it just in case. It was convenient, but not as comfortable when you really filled it up.

Now what color to get, they don't know the insides on the website.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

I bought a sling bag at AKL that is my absolute favorite bag for any vacation - especially WDW. It was $25 (or less) Honestly, I would take the bag you already have and then if you find something else you like at WDW you won't feel guilty about buying that
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #13
Va-bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by myAAbatteries&aTD View Post
Why, why, why did you have to post this????? LOL... I've been wanting this bag, but refuse to pay full price and I like last year's colors better than the new ones and couldn't find them anywhere.... So I bought the Disney Messenger bag (which is soooo cute and was only $9.xx) thinking I wouldn't need an Overland Donner.... but now I may just HAVE to get one since I know I would love it....

BTW, I have a Baggillini Messenger bag and do like it. I use it for holding a few diapers and snacks for the kids....
Sorry!!!! I understand this problem....wonder if there is a "bags anonymous" group we could join.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
Va-bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPhD View Post
Yes, thank you! It was last years one that I was thinking about, so when I looked at REI I didn't recognize it. I think I will give this a try and for that price (too bad I didn't find it on clearance for $12, but you can't have everything.

strmtroopr96, thank you I think it was the Aloe/Dahlia that stood out in my memory.

Don't loose heart about the bagglini. I like it, but all my pictures had this blue strap across my shirt, and I don't want it again this year. I think I will take it just in case. It was convenient, but not as comfortable when you really filled it up.

Now what color to get, they don't know the insides on the website.
Glad it helped - I that aloe one too and think that may be why i first remembered it when you mentoined the old thread. The new REI ones arent as nice to me either.

Good luck!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #15
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
You know, when I read your OP, my first reacion was "she means that bag from REI....what's it called...." I then proceeded to search their site and thought maybe you meant the Overland Donner bag....BUT, it didnt show the contrasting colors that you mentoined earlier (and I kind of think I remember from the thread I think you mean.....) BUT THEN, I went to Ebags.com, where they always show "more views" and can see there more detail...http://www.ebags.com/overland_equipm...modelid=109695

Bag pic:

Well, anyway, hope it helps at all.

ps - the more I look at this one the more I love it - ack, will you explain to my DH why I NEED to buy ANOTHER bag?! My Baggallini wasnt my fav either - but so far, am loving my Crocs sling bag.
I have the Overland Donner bag - I love mine! It's great even when I'm not at Walt Disney World

Price Match at Zappos - I think there are 2 colors at Sierra Trading that are available at Zappos - you get overnight shipping and 10% of the price difference. (I think they still do that)

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread