Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
RoosMomKanga
Mouseketeer

The Art of Disney Animation- Animation Academy drawing class ONLY?

This is probably a weird question, but someone may know...I went through this attraction in Feb. at WDW and as an ex-art teacher especially loved the special drawing class with an animator that was offered at the end (you could chose to attend or not). It seemed to me at the time that it would be easy, and maybe they wouldn't mind, if you came back in the exit (the doors were wide open to this area) and waited for just this class if you wanted to attend again (never got the opportunity to come back and test this though). So here's my question- is there a way to just attend the drawing class at DLP and skip the other 3 theatre parts of the attraction? If so, exactly how have you done this? We only have one day and I'm not that interested in seeing the other parts again/don't have the time, but my son would love to go to an animation class!
RoosMomKanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

We do this all the time - the area is fully open and you can access via the 2 main doors or via the shop. I always stop by a couple of times each visit (please don't make me draw Pooh again!!).
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Yes, my daughter does it all the time. Just go in the door marked 'sortie' which is about 20 yards to the right of the entrance. Although it says it is an exit, you can also go in that way. Just wait there until the current lesson finishes and then take your place at one of the half-Mickey shaped tables.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Lady&TheTramp
Just starting out

It was pouring with rain the day we were there last week, so it was a really popular thing to do as it takes about half an hour in the warm and dry! I noticed that even if all the tables are taken, it's worth asking the artist in charge for a drawing board and pencil, as she keeps a few spare on her table. Those people just sat on the floor at the front.
We all did Mickey and are still practising at home!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
crmscotland
DIS Veteran

Smile

My daughter really enjoyed this when we were there last month. The seats fill up quickly, especially if it's raining outside.

crmscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
RoosMomKanga
Mouseketeer

EXCELLENT! Thanks for the pics! The desks are adorable- they don't have those at WDW! One more question- from the way you are describing this it sounds like this drawing class is just inside the exit (sortie) and then just out in the open? At WDW when you get to the last area where there are other things to do, then you have to enter a seperate queue through turnstiles into a "pen" and they limit each class. We then waited for the doors to the animation drawing area to open and were let in to take a class- separate from eveything else. Will we just see these Mickey desks when we come in the exit?
RoosMomKanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
hildasmuriel

Yes, if you come in the door which is furthest right in the building. The door in the middle will take you into a little shop and from there into the bit where the 'class' is. But no turnstiles or anything.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
MinnieMouse73
DIS Veteran

No, there's no separate area at DLP - you will see all the desks easily (on the right as you come in through the exit doors - which is no problem at all, btw, we've done it several times). The class is out 'in the open' so to speak (but indoors! just not in an enclosed room), in that people will often just watch the class going on as they're walking past.

We went in there a few times to keep warm, too!

MinnieMouse73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
MinnieMouse73
DIS Veteran

sorry, we posted at the same time!
MinnieMouse73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Keep an eye out for the Hidden Mickey in here as well.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
hildasmuriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
Keep an eye out for the Hidden Mickey in here as well.
You mean this one?
(SPOILER BELOW......)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: