Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
DIZBOUND
DIS Veteran

JetBlue

Thinking of using JetBlue out of Newark, NJ this Nov. Any advice on booking tickets with them? Do they do the credit like SW does? Do They have some sort of email notification for fare specials? Any info would be great, thanks.
DIZBOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I've flown JB quite a lot recently. They have been very good to work with. They 'used to' give you a credit if your airfare went down, but not anymore. You have to pay a $40 change fee every time you do anything to your reservation. They do send out emails but I haven't found their specials to be anything truly 'special'.
I just start checking for the dates I need to fly as soon as they open the booking window for that time period. I know what I want to pay, so when I see the airfare that meets that amount, I book it.
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
jackdis
DIS Veteran

JB seems to have gone the way of many of the other air carriers in the past few months. They no longer adjust rate drops without charge, and I have not found their fares to be as good as they once were. Yes, I know that the price of fuel has gone way up, but my last few trips have not been booked with JB, because other carriers have had MUCH lower prices - by several hundred dollars for 4 of us.

I have also had to deal with them on the phone and via email in a few instances and I feel that their customer service is not as it used to be anymore either.

Come to think of it, I was supposed to receive and email about a credit and to date, have heard nothing. I will have to call - again.
1990 WDW Grad Nite 2003 Swan and Dolphin Disney Wonder Aug. 2004 Hawaii June 2005 POFQ April 2006 CBR June-July 2006 POP Aug. 2006 POP February 2007 HawaiiMar.-Apr. 2007 POPJuly NCL Cruise to Bermuda Aug.-Sept. 2007 POP November 2007 POP Feb. 2008 NOLA/Carnival Cruise to Mexico March2008POPMay 2008 RCCL Bahamas/EPCOTAugust 2008 POLY CL Dec. 08/Jan. 09 CBR Feb. 2009 POFQ JULY 2009 POLY CL
March 2010 BLT JULY 2010 BLTFeb 2011 1 night at BLT post cruiseJULY 2011 BLT
July 2012 Off property
July 2013 BLT/AKL
jackdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

Jet Blue...not the low cost carrier they once were

They have been significantly more expensive than Continental out of Newark for my last few trips. I just booked for my May trip and Continental was $198 r/t. For similar flight times (within an hour) Jet Blue was $383. If I wanted to give up a day and a half of my vacation, I could use Jet Blue and get into MCO at 5:30 pm (instead of 10:00 am) and leave MCO at 2:30 (instead of 7:00) for $224.

So bottom line, I'd give Continental a try too.

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
sue1013
Haven't had a good Yodel in years
I know I'm the odd one
We need to be snow birds!

I fly out of Newark and prefer to use JetBlue over Continental. The seating is much more comfortable more leg room and the TV also makes it nicer. They are now charging to get a credit if the flight price goes down. If you sign up for a True Blue account they will send emails when they are having a sale. In February our flight to Ft. Myers was delayed (mechanical) they finally got another plane from JFK we were 5 hours delayed. They gave us $10 food voucher and a credit for the price of the one way ticket. My cousin was stuck at Newark on Wednesday for 5 hours same thing mechanical problem. Continental gave them an $8 food voucher and 10% off their next flight. I do prefer JetBlue but if the price difference is enough I will take Continental.
sue1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdis View Post
JB seems to have gone the way of many of the other air carriers in the past few months. They no longer adjust rate drops without charge, and I have not found their fares to be as good as they once were. Yes, I know that the price of fuel has gone way up, but my last few trips have not been booked with JB, because other carriers have had MUCH lower prices - by several hundred dollars for 4 of us.

I have also had to deal with them on the phone and via email in a few instances and I feel that their customer service is not as it used to be anymore either.

Come to think of it, I was supposed to receive and email about a credit and to date, have heard nothing. I will have to call - again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aredhead View Post
They have been significantly more expensive than Continental out of Newark for my last few trips. I just booked for my May trip and Continental was $198 r/t. For similar flight times (within an hour) Jet Blue was $383. If I wanted to give up a day and a half of my vacation, I could use Jet Blue and get into MCO at 5:30 pm (instead of 10:00 am) and leave MCO at 2:30 (instead of 7:00) for $224.

So bottom line, I'd give Continental a try too.
I COMPLETELY agree. We have booked our two upcoming vacations with other carriers. One SW and one Delta. JB's fares were more than double the others. With a family of 4 that is a huge amount of money.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
I COMPLETELY agree. We have booked our two upcoming vacations with other carriers. One SW and one Delta. JB's fares were more than double the others. With a family of 4 that is a huge amount of money.
I dont know. I just scored 4 roundtrip tickets JB.$676. Not to shabby. I use to swear by SW. But, they have royally pissed me off. I have flown with them in the past so much. I was one of their loyal customers. But, I could not use my vouchers, and they would expire in May. I called, and told them to give me an extension on the vouchers just until Sept. I literally begged them. No go. My 140, would turn into a whopping 39 dollar credit. So, I am going on a budget weekend trip to BWI to use the vouchers. Even though JB is 45 minutes away. They will get my business before I ever fly SW again. SW prices have gone up too! I would go with JB! Roomier leather seats, better snacks, pick your seats, and a personal tv to boot!

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue1013 View Post
I fly out of Newark and prefer to use JetBlue over Continental. The seating is much more comfortable more leg room and the TV also makes it nicer. They are now charging to get a credit if the flight price goes down. If you sign up for a True Blue account they will send emails when they are having a sale. In February our flight to Ft. Myers was delayed (mechanical) they finally got another plane from JFK we were 5 hours delayed. They gave us $10 food voucher and a credit for the price of the one way ticket. My cousin was stuck at Newark on Wednesday for 5 hours same thing mechanical problem. Continental gave them an $8 food voucher and 10% off their next flight. I do prefer JetBlue but if the price difference is enough I will take Continental.
The TV and 4 inches of leg room are not worth $185 per person, x 3 people, which was the difference between the 2 carriers for similar flight times.

And I'm sure they throw all kinds of things at customers now when they're delayed due to weather. The way they handled things February of last year during the snowstorm on Valentiene's day was a PR nightmare for them.

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
bicker
DIS Veteran

We've been keeping an eye on the EWR-MCO fares. Right now, we're looking at Continental for $264 each versus JetBlue for $269 each.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27 View Post
I dont know. I just scored 4 roundtrip tickets JB.$676. Not to shabby. I use to swear by SW. But, they have royally pissed me off. I have flown with them in the past so much. I was one of their loyal customers. But, I could not use my vouchers, and they would expire in May. I called, and told them to give me an extension on the vouchers just until Sept. I literally begged them. No go. My 140, would turn into a whopping 39 dollar credit. So, I am going on a budget weekend trip to BWI to use the vouchers. Even though JB is 45 minutes away. They will get my business before I ever fly SW again. SW prices have gone up too! I would go with JB! Roomier leather seats, better snacks, pick your seats, and a personal tv to boot!
I just priced flights-Southwest was more than JetBlue.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
Duchie
"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt." - J. Buffett

JB is adding more non-stop flights out of our airport later this year, so I've been considering them for my Oct. trip. I'd really prefer to fly non-stop but my choices in carriers seems to be more limited this year, so JB jumped to the top of the list. But the fares are still kind of high right now so I've just been watching them. I took one of the suggestions here and signed up for their TrueBlue program. Does JB typically run fare sales for the fall?
Duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #12
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

Remember

LOW COST does not mean what the DIS wants it to. A carrier is considered low cost if thier costs are lower then the "mainline" major carriers (Delta, USAir, United etc)

That does not mean "cheap fares" which is the theory on the DIS. So Jet Blue and SW are technically low cost carriers. (Maybe JB has smart management who realizes selling BELOW cost is not an effective model?)
Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
Selket
Yes I AM being whiney about not getting a postcard!
I will measure, nest, lift and squeeze

I found a great fare on JB from Dulles to MCO for Sept. and I jumped on it - one leg of the trip was like $54 for each of us going down - a bit more on the return flight but all in all it was for about as cheap as I can find.

My kids love JB now cause of the seats and tv.
Universal: HRH, 2010
Selket is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: