Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #631
WildReekies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
The grand is due for a major refurb of the rooms after the DVC and the rooms at the poly are done... should start this fall....

Sort of hoping they are going with the design of the rooms of the DVC... they look really good!
The dvc looks glorious !im actually using those rooms as inspiration for my master bedroom lol
Old 08-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #632
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Bumping

Would love to see some Sugarloaf pics!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #633
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Enjoying all these wonderful pics. Thanks!

Last edited by gretchenohar@hotmail; 09-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #634
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
The grand is due for a major refurb of the rooms after the DVC and the rooms at the poly are done... should start this fall....

Sort of hoping they are going with the design of the rooms of the DVC... they look really good!
Can't wait to see these!!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #635
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I hope they go back to the more fussy room interior style.

I remember several years back when my sister and I stayed at the Grand. We had a room that was done in the Alice in Wonderland theme, with beautiful pillows and shades of green. It was so pretty. I felt like I was in the Victorian time period and also felt the immersion of a Disney character. It was just so glorious and it was what made me fall in love with this resort.

I'm not such a fan of the current room furnishings, especially that hideous bedspread, so I hope they go for something that looks richer and truly Victorian. I'm also hoping that they don't do the typical white duvet with throw.

I would love it if the Grand would have room furnishings that will really immerse the guest in the whole Alice in Wonderland theme, with over-the-top details and fussiness!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #636
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

They will probably go close to the theme they are using at the Villas Grand Floridian... the new DVC project

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #637
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They will probably go close to the theme they are using at the Villas Grand Floridian... the new DVC project
Do you think? It seems to me that the villas (beach, boardwalk, etc) don't necessarily mimic the regular resort or vice versa.

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #638
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

They did VGF very high end... I doubt they will do the resort much differently... I personally like the look

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 10-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #639
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Grand Floridian Floral by KC MikeD, on Flickr
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #640
Tink rules

FYI... permits were filed this week for the refurb of the GF... all buildings are listed... start date is January I believe...

Old 10-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #641
klmall
DIS Veteran

~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~
klmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #642
klmall
DIS Veteran

~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~
klmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #643