Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: annual dues
OK with paying yearly in Jan 9 25.00%
to be able to pay monthly 25 69.44%
to be able to pay twice a year 0 0%
to be able to change due date 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

why can't we paid dues monthly

anyone know why we can't pay our annal dues monthly like they do in the state
would love to be able to do that , or every twice yearly
hate getting the bill in Jan just after Christmas
going to try a poll for the first time here
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Knowing we can't pay DVC monthly, I set up a savings account into which I pay enough every month to meet the annual dues bill at the end of the year.

I don't use the savings in that account for anything else, so I always know I'll have enough when the bill arrives. Of course, I had to pay the whole amount the first year but, from then on, I paid the monthly amount to save for the following year's bill.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
Knowing we can't pay DVC monthly, I set up a savings account into which I pay enough every month to meet the annual dues bill at the end of the year.

I don't use the savings in that account for anything else, so I always know I'll have enough when the bill arrives. Of course, I had to pay the whole amount the first year but, from then on, I paid the monthly amount to save for the following year's bill.
great Idea
think I'll set up one too
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post

Ditto.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #5
mikki.young
Knows Dreams do come true!

At one stage they were talking about being able to pay monthly on a credit card, did that stop or never get started?

Like others I have an account just to pay for disney stuff like spending money and dues but mine is one of the citibank US$ ones so I add money to it when the rate is good. I can then use the debit card from the account for most of my spending while over there too. Plus no charges for cash or travellers checks!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #6
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
Ditto.
Same here

Tam
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #7
Sid74
Mouseketeer

I was told by MS that it was possible to ring up and pay dues monthly by credit card.

But you have to be current on dues for them to allow you to pay the next years as you go along, so now that the 2008 dues bill has been paid, you are able to ring dvc accounting every month and pay them an amount towards the 2009 dues bill if you want to.

Not quite what our guide told us when we signed up in october, but better than having the situation we had for this years bill.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #8
cathydisneynut
I Love My Mac!

I opened a US bank account on our last holiday, I have now been paying dues monthly for over a year.
cathydisneynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:18 AM   #9
jharrowell
Disney Phreak

Same here, I've got an account with the Suntrust opposite DTD. It took about 10 minutes to open and there's no monthly fee.

There is a downside in that you usually have to pay for an international bank transfer to get money into it and that's not cheap (worked out around £25 with both the UK and US charges) but we easily ovecame that with your friend and mine, Paypal!

We just registered the UK and US banks on the same account then pay money in off of the uk account and out into the US account. There is still a charge, but nothing to write home about and definately worth the convenience of paying monthly.

Follow my twitters for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at:
http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen
jharrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 AM   #10
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

we paid a bit of ours when the dollar reate was good last august, you just phone member services and they will do it for you

Ali and boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #11
Lisa1976
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrowell View Post
Same here, I've got an account with the Suntrust opposite DTD. It took about 10 minutes to open and there's no monthly fee.

There is a downside in that you usually have to pay for an international bank transfer to get money into it and that's not cheap (worked out around £25 with both the UK and US charges) but we easily ovecame that with your friend and mine, Paypal!

We just registered the UK and US banks on the same account then pay money in off of the uk account and out into the US account. There is still a charge, but nothing to write home about and definately worth the convenience of paying monthly.

Can I ask what information you had to supply to be able to open your US bank account, was it easy enough?

Do you have to have a certain amount in there each month to keep it open, also is there any way of internet banking with the bank in the US?
Lisa1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:46 AM   #12
cathydisneynut
I Love My Mac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1976 View Post
Can I ask what information you had to supply to be able to open your US bank account, was it easy enough?

Do you have to have a certain amount in there each month to keep it open, also is there any way of internet banking with the bank in the US?
Lisa, all we needed was passports, it was very easy to open. I don't know about the Suntrust bank, but Bank of America like you to keep $700 in the account to cancel monthly fees. You can either make payments with Paypal at 3% commission and a 7 working day clearance period, or use a company like XE trade, which takes 3/4 days to transfer through BACS and sending it by Electronic Funds Transfer does not cost anything. Their exchange rate is usually fairly good. I might be wrong, but I think the only UK bank which allows transfers between the UK and US for domestic customers is Barclays. This is normally classed as a business transfer at between £17 and £25.
cathydisneynut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: