Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #421
Magicbus
DIS Veteran

Frank, all I can say is, wow. Number ten is difficult to read.
Magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #422
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Fish View Post
~Take a moment today to thank GOD for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.
I'm thankful every day for my pack of lunatics. Can't imagine my life without them! The older Brady gets (he's 8.5) the more I appreciate every single day we have with him. He wasn't an easy dog - he came into rescue young and *very* screwed up, and it took a lot of work and patience over a lot of years just to get him to where he didn't think the sky was falling every day. These days he acts more like a puppy than when he was one, and he's the sweetest, snuggliest, most awesome big ol' goofball I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicbus View Post
Frank, all I can say is, wow. Number ten is difficult to read.
Amen to that. One of the most awful things I see doing border collie rescue is people that dump their old and/or sick dogs that they've had since they were puppies, because they can't bear to euthanize them themselves. It's a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through, but far worse when an old dog is dumped with strangers and spends their last days confused and anxious and in a strange place.

We recently had a case like this come into our rescue. The poor old thing was riddled with cancer and had been dumped in a shelter. Our foster home that took her in worked with her vet to make sure she got what she needed to be comfortable, spoiled her as much as they possibly could, and when the time came to let her go they called the vet to come to the house. The poor old' gal passed before the vet even arrived - on her favorite cushy bed with her foster mom and dad holding and comforting her. These people knew Gemma for only a few months, but they made sure they were the best few months they could possibly give her. They buried sweet Gemma at the base of a beautiful flowering bush in the field she had roamed happily in her short time there.

Ok... gotta go hug my mutts.
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #423
pooh4me
DIS Veteran

Thank you Frank.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #424
Tri-circle-D
Throwing some love to TCD
They are full and clean!

Wow!

You know what?

TCD has never posted on this thread.

But, I have some new photos of the new TCD pup, Rocky.

And this seems like a good place to post them.

So here you go.

These are from Rocky's first visit to Honeymoon Island State Park.

In Dunedin, Florida.

That's where we live.

And, as luck would have it, it is one of the only places in my county where dogs can legally visit the beach.

It is less than six miles from my driveway to the park entrance.

I hope Rocky likes the water.

What do you think?:

But wait. . .

There's more . . .

We saw a waterspout when we were visiting that day.

These aren't of Rocky.

But, where else am I going to post them:

You see the disturbance in the water to the left in the second photo, above?

That was a manatee.

No lie.

A manatee!

I love living in Florida.

TCD
Tri-circle-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #425
BradyBz12

Rocky is a lucky, lucky pup indeed!!

My gang are jealous. They love the beach.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #426
DebbieT11
Waiting to go back......
Wait. Isn't that the *marines*????

We recently decided that we were ready to bring another dog into our home.... and found a border collie in need of a home.... he's one of the "old guys"... he's 8 years old, and has always lived with a couple with no children that traveled a lot - they were called overseas and couldn't take him.... relinquished to a shelter, and now, he's found his forever home with us. We're spoiling him the best we can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBz12 View Post
Amen to that. One of the most awful things I see doing border collie rescue is people that dump their old and/or sick dogs that they've had since they were puppies, because they can't bear to euthanize them themselves. It's a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through, but far worse when an old dog is dumped with strangers and spends their last days confused and anxious and in a strange place.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #427
BradyBz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieT11 View Post
We recently decided that we were ready to bring another dog into our home.... and found a border collie in need of a home.... he's one of the "old guys"... he's 8 years old, and has always lived with a couple with no children that traveled a lot - they were called overseas and couldn't take him.... relinquished to a shelter, and now, he's found his forever home with us. We're spoiling him the best we can!!
Thank you Debbie! I'm always so grateful for the people that are willing to take a chance on an older dog! He's a lucky dog to have found a loving home to live out his "retirement" in. Although 8 actually isn't so old for a BC. Our Brady is 8+ and still runs and plays and keeps up with the young'uns like a champ. Most people that meet him think he's only 2 or 3!

Congrats on your new family member - we need pics!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #428
jinia
"For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple - I wanted to be an intergalatic princess." Janet Evanovich

Talking

Magicbus- is that a shorkie? Thats what our little rescue is! So cute! TCD what a cutie and looks to be loving the water to me...so jealous(of the pup). We have talked about moving to Florida and Dunedin was on our list..so good place to live? Keep those pets coming!
jinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #429
Magicbus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinia View Post
Magicbus- is that a shorkie? Thats what our little rescue is! So cute!

Not sure what a Shorkie is. Buddy is a Silky Terrier. It's an Austrailian Terrier and Yorkie mix. Twice as big as a Yorkie and very low keyed. We just love him. And my thanks to you for taking in a rescue. How about some pics of the little guy?

Quote:
TCD, what a cutie. We have talked about moving to Florida and Dunedin was on our list.
Rocky is living the good life. Dunedin is a nice place to live.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #430
Melisande
Mouseketeer

This is my three year old holding his bearded dragon Zukie. In my signature is the one and only loveable Kiba. Kiba is a japanese chine mix who loves all 4 of my kids. He barely barks. He is the most well mannered dog I ever met.

Kiba
Melisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #431
BradyBz12

Kiba is adorable and your son's got one seriously cool pet!!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #432
RocklandRVers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-circle-D View Post
... I have some new photos of the new TCD pup, Rocky... TCD
Wow Rocky is getting big fast. Quite a difference since his debut photos from the Fort a few weeks back. He sure is a handsome lad. We love the name too. Sort of like ours.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #433
polkadotsuitcase
Disney-loving mom!

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBz12 View Post
One of the most awful things I see doing border collie rescue is people that dump their old and/or sick dogs that they've had since they were puppies, because they can't bear to euthanize them themselves. It's a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through, but far worse when an old dog is dumped with strangers and spends their last days confused and anxious and in a strange place.
When I worked as a vet assistant, this would happen. The vet -- a wonderful, caring woman -- would stop what she was doing to spend time hanging out with the dog, consoling it and telling it repeatedly that it was a very good dog. Made me so mad people would just drop off a lifelong companion at the end. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I could never have left my dogs alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-circle-D View Post

That FACE! Makes you want to grab him up and cuddle him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieT11 View Post
Good for you -- and him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
This is my three year old holding his bearded dragon Zukie. In my signature is the one and only loveable Kiba. Kiba is a japanese chine mix who loves all 4 of my kids. He barely barks. He is the most well mannered dog I ever met.
Your son looks so proud of his pet! And your dog is adorable.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #434
Tri-circle-D
Throwing some love to TCD
They are full and clean!

Quote:
We have talked about moving to Florida and Dunedin was on our list..so good place to live?
Yes, Dunedin is a great place to live. It's close to the beach, and close enough to Tampa and St. Pete. Like the rest of Florida, though, taxes and insurance are high. We are in the midst of a very bad real estate slump, so this would be a good time to buy a property here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicbus View Post
Rocky is living the good life. Dunedin is a nice place to live.
Indeed he is! That pup has it made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocklandRVers View Post
Wow Rocky is getting big fast. Quite a difference since his debut photos from the Fort a few weeks back. He sure is a handsome lad. We love the name too. Sort of like ours.
Yes, he is growing like crazy, and so far show no sign of stopping. He will be six months old in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadotsuitcase View Post
That FACE! Makes you want to grab him up and cuddle him.
I should have mentioned that was Rocky's first taste of salt water. He was perplexed, to say the least.

As long as I'm posting, here are a few more shots of Rocky at the beach:

This is Rocky looking from Honeymoon Island to Caladesi Island:

Rocky decided that he was going to swim to Caladesi Island:

And he would have, too, but I stopped him:

And, here's a few random sea life photos.

Check out this big turtle:

The sad news was that the poor fellow was dead. Here's a park ranger giving an impromptu lecture on the subject:

So, we have huge turtles and manatees swimming in our backyard.

TCD
Tri-circle-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #435
Magicbus
DIS Veteran

After seeing TCD's great pics of Rocky having a blast in the ocean, it once again reminds me of how much having a dog affects the quality of our lives. We're very fortunate, life for me and my wife is very good. We have nice cars, houses, financial freedom, yada, yada, yada. But what gives us more joy than all that stuff, is a 10lb dog, Buddy. When he greets me at the door after work and is so happy to see me, rolls over for a belly rub, it's priceless. I just wish that all dogs and cats could have the life that he has.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: