Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #46
femmfaerie
Earning My Ears

May sound weird

a while a go i had a few bed bug bites and I was ready to do anything to cure the itch - HEAD AND SHOULDERS! No kidding - and i am sure (not proven by scientists or anything) it will stop the itching caused by sealice also. Don't know why it works, just know it does.
Head and Shoulders, its not just for dandruff any more!
Rose Rocks!<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 09,2004 6:30:00 AM MST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue> I can`t wait till my second Disney Cruise with my best friends! DMom Sherry and DSissy Dawn!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'spangdangely';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
femmfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 05:33 PM   #47
sillysmom
Mouseketeer

THINK I'LL BRING THE HEAD AND SHOULDERS WITH ME. THAT STUFF IS NOT CHEAP. ITS 9.95 A BOTTLE AND 9.00 SHIPPING. THATS A LITTLE STEEP NO?

1st NORWEIGAN CRUISE - HAWAII - April 2009

1st CARNIVAL CRUISE - WESTERN CARIBBEAN - 4/20/2008

Linda, Jerry & Gina's 2nd Disney Cruise (Western Caribbean) April 2005
[br]

Jerry & Linda's 15th Wedding Anniversary 1st Disney Cruise Eastern Caribbean April 2004[br]
sillysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #48
mommommouse
Mouseketeer

I bought safe sea at drugstore.com for 9.95 plus shipping. I look at it this way. It really don't cost much more than suntan lotion. Why not be safe than sorry. Who wants to ruin their cruise for such alittle bit of money.
Disney Wonder Cruise - Oct.29,2006

Debbie
Rob
Kennedy - :cheer2
mommommouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:26 PM   #49
kath1210
DIS Veteran

I got Safe Sea from Dermadoctor.com for $12.95 + shipping. I guess $16.00 is worth being safe, especially for the kids. I searched the internet, but drugstore.com did not come up. I tried 2 other sites that were sold out.

Kathy
kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #50
Villains_Rock
For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.

OMG Scott!!! I am thinking about planning our first EVER cruise for next year and I ran across this.

You are a cruise expert though so I will listen and obey!!

Villains_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #51
DontGetStungResearch
Earning My Ears

Cool Too late for me

Thank you so much! Im in Mexico right now and I had spent the day at the beach. Later I saw that I had tons of red bumps where my swim suit was. I was completely confused on what they were. They itched so much! Thank you for the information!

P.s.

Can you still swim in the water after you have gotten bitten? (once you've washed your swim suit?)
DontGetStungResearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #52
MyShoes
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of the info on Sea Lice and also for your recommendation to purchase SafeSea. I'm all for a product that has a dual purpose of a sunscreen and also to help prevent exposure to sea critters that sting.
MyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: