Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #1471
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhopkins213 View Post
Well since it was my first time there I don't have much to say but this.

Shameful part is I went and I'm a 30 single guy but don't really care now since I've been done there and its no big deal going solo and I would rather go solo then with some one else unless they loved Disney to.

1. I went to WDW on a dare
2. I went on the Hunted Mansion 20 times and could probably live there if they let me.
3. Single rider line at EE was awesome rode that at least 25 times.
4. This ones bad had my pictures taken with characters and usually they shook my hand but for some reason I ended up hugging Donald Duck and I had to fight to keep the tears back.
5. I would go back in a heart beat and if I had the money would live there.

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #1472
Pirates4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
I had DW convinced that Hawaii would be a great trip, and she had agreed to go, but have decided we're going back to Disneyworld instead.
Gotta love a Parrothead
DIS Dad's Club Member #502

DW ME DD DS

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
But I had a good life all the way" Jimmy Buffett

DVC Member since 2005 Saratoga Springs
Pirates4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #1473
AuroraWinchester
Saving people. Hunting things. The family business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
Tell me about it!! I'm Snow White! Here is me as Snow White at MNSSHP in Oct 08. I made the costume. I sew, and I specialize in costumes. My daughter is Tinkerbell.
I'm so jealous that you have that kind of talent! wow!!! those costumes are beautiful! you both look amazing!!!!!!!
"So what's it all add up to? It's hard to say. But me, I'd say this was a test... for Sam and Dean. And I think they did all right. Up against, Good, Evil, angels, devils, Destiny, and God himself, they made their own choice. They chose family. And, well... isn't that kinda the whole point?"
AuroraWinchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #1474
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

The shame was one yr I didn't understand the dining program and after 10 days at Disney the front desk told me at checkout I was leaving 19 snack credits. I have never forgotten this.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #1475
AuroraWinchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilQueenT View Post
don't forget if you do the mnsshp you can dress up as anyone you want. my daughter is also 21 and she redecorated her room based on the idea of what would captain jack sparrows cabin look like on the black pearl, she was 16 or 17 when she did that and still has that room that way. she even went as far as changing the flooring from carpet to wood flooring because you wouldn't have carpet on a ship. basically it's adult pirate w/aspects from both poc and a few captain hook touches to it so i totally get your bedroom being sleeping beauty. and what girl wouldn't want a disney wedding!
That's awesome!! Who doesn't love the Pirates?!
"So what's it all add up to? It's hard to say. But me, I'd say this was a test... for Sam and Dean. And I think they did all right. Up against, Good, Evil, angels, devils, Destiny, and God himself, they made their own choice. They chose family. And, well... isn't that kinda the whole point?"
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #1476
AuroraWinchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Do you have any pictures of your Sleeping Beauty collection? I would love to see it!
I know how you feel. I would love to be able to walk around as a princess like the little girls can. Good thing for MNSSHP and letting us get to dress up!! lol
That's cool that you want to see pics! I only posted what part of my collection I could easily take photos of because right now, my room is an absolute disaster!

Last edited by AuroraWinchester; 01-06-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #1477
TinkerMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraWinchester View Post
I'm so jealous that you have that kind of talent! wow!!! those costumes are beautiful! you both look amazing!!!!!!!
I agree! I wish I could sew like that or knew someone who could and would hook me up with costumes like that!

About eight and a half years ago, Cinderella on The Disney Wonder totally dissed me. I still carry a slight grudge thanks to this evil Cinderella. She was rude and short with me from the second I said "Hi!" She made it seem like she wanted me to smile and get away from her as soon as possible. For whatever reason, she didn't treat everyone this way. She was nice to the crazy four year old who ate at our table, ran away from her parents & big sister and was just roaming the ship alone for the day (when her mom found her we had essentially been babysitting the cute little hyper active terror then her mom informed us that she was just so busy getting her hair ready for her husband so she figured the big sister could handle it and didn't even know the kid was missing) and Cinderella was nice to a middle aged man who she did all kinds of flirting with to the point that I badly wanted to remind her that she was married and needed to calm down (if only I had been bold enough to do it, I was 12 so I would have gotten away with it).

The interesting thing was that Snow White who was doing meet & greets near by was so sweet to me. She was friendly, she complimented me and when I came to see her again to get a new picture since I thought I looked bad in the other one she was happy & surprised to see me again then a little sad that the other picture was bad. She was great, and had I known then what I know now I would have gone to guest services, asked about service cards and raved about how amazing Snow White was, especially in comparison to the witch Cinderella who hated me for no reason. I would have made sure to throw in that last part so that I could complain about the witch without making it about her. Snow White would have been able to brag about being better at her job if she wanted to.

WDW: Oct ‘97 OS...Aug ‘02 OS & The Grand Floridian...Aug-Sept ‘04 Coronado Springs...Sept ‘05 The Polynesian DL: Aug ‘07 The Disneyland Hotel...2008-2009~8 trips with AP~2 BDAYs DCL: Aug-Sept ‘02 The Disney Wonder~4-night Bahamas...Aug-Sept ‘05 The Disney Magic~the original 14-night Eastbound Panama Canal cruise~Sweet 16...May 2010 The Disney Magic~11-night Mediterranean~21st BDAY
TinkerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #1478
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates4me View Post
Gotta love a Parrothead
The only reason we're going to Disney is because she put her foot down when it came to going to Key West for the third time in three years.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #1479
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraWinchester View Post
Thanks so much. That evening, I had more than one mom tell me that they thought that I was a cast member from a distance. I used my pic as my facebook profile and a friend's kids thought it was so cool that "dad knows Snow White". LOL When I was a little kid, all I wanted to be when I grew up was the Snow White cast member. By college, I had no idea that there was a college program. I could have applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
The shame was one yr I didn't understand the dining program and after 10 days at Disney the front desk told me at checkout I was leaving 19 snack credits. I have never forgotten this.
Did the cast member tell you that even when you check out, your dining credits do not expire until midnight and you can go to a quick service location or bakery etc, and use up all your snack credits on fudge, brownies, popcorn etc, that you can take home? We once had about 6 to 8 that we used up by buying brownies and cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
The only reason we're going to Disney is because she put her foot down when it came to going to Key West for the third time in three years.
How's about a compromise... you can stay at the Old Key West resort!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #1480
jasmine91
Mouseketeer

I LOVE the Appliance Direct commercials!
jasmine91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #1481
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

-I cried the first time I met Ariel.
-Last trip a CM asked if I needed to be let off of Aerosmith's ride right before takeoff. Apparently I had to look of fear in my eyes...and yes....I had to be let off LOL
-On my first trip, I was peer pressured into riding TOT and when we got off the ride I sat down and started bawling. (begining to realize maybe I cry a lot LOL)
-Never been past Mexico in Epcot..but this trip I am planning on seeing the whole world!
-secretly happy that Splash Moutain is under refurb while we are there, that way I don't even have to see the people make that huge drop.
-Even though we have an ADR for CRT and Tusker House because DS picked them....I think I am more excited than him, to have breakfast with Donald and to eat in the castle.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #1482
Mardi Grogs
Jazz Maverick

- Parades and Fireworks don't do anything for me. I probably haven't sat to watch a parade at Disney for fifteen years. I usually head over to the best rides in the park during fireworks shows.

- Said this a few pages back I think, but I love DinoLand USA. Some DISboards people seem to hate it and think it doesn't fit Walt Disney's vision. That may be true, but I enjoy the theme regardless.

- I've always wanted to be evacuated from a ride. Especially Haunted Mansion. I just think it would be a cool experience (except for the wait).
Mardi Grogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #1483
Madisonsmom45
Mouseketeer

Talking I agree

I agree with the post about being evacuated from Haunted Mansion. It is my favorite ride at MK. I would def live there if they let me.
POR 2007 Dec
POR 2009 Sept 9-9-09 to 9-18-09 with free dining and MNSSHP
POR 2010 Aug 26 to Sept 5 with free dining
POR 2011 Aug 26 to Sept 4 with free dining
POR 2012 Aug 24 to Sept 2 (Hopefully free dining)
Madisonsmom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #1484
laur roo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardi Grogs View Post
- I've always wanted to be evacuated from a ride. Especially Haunted Mansion. I just think it would be a cool experience (except for the wait).

i got evacuated off pirates when i rode with my mom. we were stuck sitting in one spot for a loooooooooong time, and they turned the sound off so it was boring. eventually they turned the lights on and guys in those wader pants came around and pulled out boats back to an exit door and we had to walk outside in the rain around pretty much the whole ride back to the regular part of the park. they gave everyone two fastpasses each

it was cool to see the ride w/ lights on and see backstage a little, but sitting in that boat forever wasn't so fun. HM would be cooler to be evac'd off though!

July 1990: Off Site July 1992: Caribbean Beach July 1994: Dixie Landings July 1996: Dixie Landings July/Aug 2000: Treehouse Villas
June 2007: All Star Music Dec 2008: French Quarter Dec 2009: Yacht Club Dec 2010: French Quarter Jan/Feb 2012: Riverside & Beach Club

My PTR: 9 trips out of 10 - A quick 3.5 day PTR - Jan 2012
My Dining Review: One Veggie and One Not Eat the Whole World...Showcase That Is!
My TR: We Walked How Many Steps Between The Festival And The Fiesta? A Jan '12 TR!
laur roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #1485
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

Another shameful secret? I actually had an accident while on the Around the World at EPCoT Segway tour. I ran over one of my tourmates' Segways, broke the front off of my Segway and launched about 3 feet or so in the air.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: