Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #1456
ocean134
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lesmomma;39352923]I think AK is a waste of time.

I still call DHS...MGM

Sometimes on a weekday dd4 and I go out to eat at Ohana's...cause we live close.,,and when people ask where we went I say Outback![/QUOTE]

AWESOME!!!!!!

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #1457
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

I love Fantasmic more than any other show/ride/play/any entertainment of any sort, and I've seen and been in my fair share of excellent plays by playwrights like Shakespeare, Brecht, Ibsen etc etc and seen thousands of movies, but NOTHING beats Fantasmic!

I don't like Block Party Bash, Festival of the Lion King, Country Bears, looking at animals in AK, Figment ride or the sketchy style of 101 Dalmatians and Jungle Book.

I slightly freak out every time they do the gassing in It's Tough to be a Bug.

Hubby & I call The Great Movie Ride "THAT Movie Ride".

I have never been on any thrill rides or seen the President snoozefest (yes I'm judging it without even having seen it!).

I love character greetings, dining and childish things like the masks (and prob Duffy on a stick too) in Epcot.

I miss the EMH wristbands and used to keep them on for a while after we got home from WDW.

I used to think Epcot was boring, but not anymore!! I'm still bored in most of AK....

I HATE it when parents arrive just when a parade starts and shove their kids in front of people who've waited over an hour to get a good space. Especially when the kid repeatedly kicks me and ruins my clothes with it's ice cream. I sacrified valuable WDW time for a good space, so either you do the same or you should accept the fact that you get a restricted view. I don't say anything though, I'm always way too nice with people, even when I'm really annoyed with them

Hubby and I think about, miss and talk abouit WDW every day when we're not there. I can get really upset about it being too long between visits.
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Last edited by Fantasmiss; 01-02-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #1458
yarlenna
Mouseketeer

The last time I went to Disney World, my DH finally learned to enjoy it As a result, we are going again in May
yarlenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #1459
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarlenna View Post
The last time I went to Disney World, my DH finally learned to enjoy it As a result, we are going again in May
Yay! Once you get the DH's approval, it's smooth sailing from there!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #1460
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

I had DW convinced that Hawaii would be a great trip, and she had agreed to go, but have decided we're going back to Disneyworld instead.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #1461
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmomma View Post
I think AK is a waste of time.
Love that park!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #1462
AuroraWinchester
Saving people. Hunting things. The family business.

I'm 21 and completely obsessed with Sleeping Beauty! Even my room is themed like it and decorated with my huge Sleeping Beauty collection.

Like others on this board, I too am single and have already planned my Disney wedding (naturally, Sleeping Beauty themed)

I have ridden the Tower of Terror over 40 times in a single day! I made friends with the CMs on it and they let me take the 'chicken out' elevator at the end which allows you to jump to the front of the line (where you board the elevator) - I skipped a 90min queue line wait at one point!!!!!!

I wish adults could dress up as Princesses and walk around the parks (I understand why they can't, but it still makes me )

The dolls on IASW scare me

During Muppets 3D, I secretly want to stand up and cheer when Beaker comes on the screen

I'm normally really shy and reserved, but at WDW, I'm definitely not afraid to make a fool out of myself.

I usually make some over the top face/expression on the ride pictures.
"So what's it all add up to? It's hard to say. But me, I'd say this was a test... for Sam and Dean. And I think they did all right. Up against, Good, Evil, angels, devils, Destiny, and God himself, they made their own choice. They chose family. And, well... isn't that kinda the whole point?"
AuroraWinchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #1463
wasabi girl
Mouseketeer
I can't get in the shower if the shower curtain is already wet

I feel un-Disney and practically un-American, but I don't like the American Adventure...or O'hana...
Old 01-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #1464
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraWinchester View Post
I'm 21 and completely obsessed with Sleeping Beauty! Even my room is themed like it and decorated with my huge Sleeping Beauty collection.

Like others on this board, I too am single and have already planned my Disney wedding (naturally, Sleeping Beauty themed)

I have ridden the Tower of Terror over 40 times in a single day! I made friends with the CMs on it and they let me take the 'chicken out' elevator at the end which allows you to jump to the front of the line (where you board the elevator) - I skipped a 90min queue line wait at one point!!!!!!

I wish adults could dress up as Princesses and walk around the parks (I understand why they can't, but it still makes me )

During Muppets 3D, I secretly want to stand up and cheer when Beaker comes on the screen

I'm normally really shy and reserved, but at WDW, I'm definitely not afraid to make a fool out of myself.

don't forget if you do the mnsshp you can dress up as anyone you want. my daughter is also 21 and she redecorated her room based on the idea of what would captain jack sparrows cabin look like on the black pearl, she was 16 or 17 when she did that and still has that room that way. she even went as far as changing the flooring from carpet to wood flooring because you wouldn't have carpet on a ship. basically it's adult pirate w/aspects from both poc and a few captain hook touches to it so i totally get your bedroom being sleeping beauty. and what girl wouldn't want a disney wedding!
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #1465
Thumbelina
NDI #161!!!!

Quote:

Do you have any pictures of your Sleeping Beauty collection? I would love to see it!
I know how you feel. I would love to be able to walk around as a princess like the little girls can. Good thing for MNSSHP and letting us get to dress up!! lol
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #1466
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Do you have any pictures of your Sleeping Beauty collection? I would love to see it!
I know how you feel. I would love to be able to walk around as a princess like the little girls can. Good thing for MNSSHP and letting us get to dress up!! lol
Tell me about it!! I'm Snow White! Here is me as Snow White at MNSSHP in Oct 08. I made the costume. I sew, and I specialize in costumes. My daughter is Tinkerbell.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #1467
jhopkins213
Earning My Ears

Well since it was my first time there I don't have much to say but this.

Shameful part is I went and I'm a 30 single guy but don't really care now since I've been done there and its no big deal going solo and I would rather go solo then with some one else unless they loved Disney to.

1. I went to WDW on a dare
2. I went on the Hunted Mansion 20 times and could probably live there if they let me.
3. Single rider line at EE was awesome rode that at least 25 times.
4. This ones bad had my pictures taken with characters and usually they shook my hand but for some reason I ended up hugging Donald Duck and I had to fight to keep the tears back.
5. I would go back in a heart beat and if I had the money would live there.

jhopkins213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #1468
Nebula
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Me too! Sometimes I'll add a thumbs up, or do a Gene Simmons impression with some Ronnie James Dio devil horns. I'm a simple woman. It doesn't take much to amuse me.

"If you dig it, do it. If you really dig it, do it twice." - Jim Croce
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #1469
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
Me too! Sometimes I'll add a thumbs up, or do a Gene Simmons impression with some Ronnie James Dio devil horns. I'm a simple woman. It doesn't take much to amuse me.
We threw the Dr. Evil pinky/mouth move on Test Track last time. We bought the picture, of course, and it's sitting right here in the den.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #1470
taylor91
DIS Veteran

Where to start

1) I have never been on TOT, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, EE, etc ... I hate those kind of rides.
2) I have never rode Soarin'
3) The only table service restaurant I have eaten at is Crystal Palace.
4) I have never stayed onsite
5) There are a lot of things in Epcot WS I havn't seen yet.

All the above apart from number one I hope to change on my next trip

I really hate it when people say things like "WDW again??" My reply... If and when you go, you will understand

And the best point: I managed to convert my DBF to a Disney fanatic on our 1st trip together last year

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: