Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #1426
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie_17 View Post
1. I will stop and watch MK parade when it goes by no matter where I am
2. Freaked out by the large white birds in Frontierland by the turkey legs
3. Don't get why Carosel of Progress is still there but Mr. Toad was removed
4. Like a lot of other people, I don't care for the Studios, just seems tossed together.
There are large white birds in Frontierland? I've never noticed!

Carousel of Progress was created and designed by Walt. It was for a World's Fair and it was very important to him. I think it'll never be removed. I think that Winnie the Pooh should give Mr. Toad his property back!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #1427
Nebula
Mouseketeer

I have a few...

- I could really do without Animal Kingdom. All I care about is the parade, Flametree's ribs and the safari. I don't do roller coasters, Dinosaur scares the everloving crap out of me, and It's Tough to be a Bug freaks me out. And ever since I had to walk around for hours with wet underwear from Kali River Rapids, that's not on the top of my list, either. As much as I love zoos, I live 2 hours from one of the best in the world - the Philadelphia Zoo. AK is just too hot, too crowded and the layout's not my favorite. Philly all the way! (I will, however, still go to AK because it's not a Disney trip without it, LOL! Even if I sit out a lot of it...)

- I love Carousel of Progress and it's a small world. I hate Snow White's Scary Adventures.

- I feel that Maelstrom is a waste of time.

- I'm an adult but I still get character aurographs and pics. Seeing Donald and Eeyore especially makes me act like a kid again!

- I actually like DHS. I enjoy the Great Movie Ride. I love the old Hollywood feel. ToT is my alltime favoritre ride and I would ride it all day every day if I could. But I feel that Fantasmic! is slightly overrated. I enjoy it, but going to all the trouble just to find a seat doesn't seem worth it.

- I think that IllumiNations is just OK. Drinking ale makes it a little better. I'm more impressed seeing the countries light up than seeing the show on the water.

- I will always cheer for the villain. I really wish more of them were around, and I really wish there was more villainous merchandise!

Whew, sorry that got longwinded!

"If you dig it, do it. If you really dig it, do it twice." - Jim Croce
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #1428
TreviToo
Earning My Ears

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I've only been once!
and it was in 2006!
OOoh man, that is a bad secret. How? how is this possible? Aren't you dying to go back?
TreviToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #1429
sto6917
"If only I had not accepted that invitation to dine at 27..."

Location: Second star to the right and straight on til morning!

I love Maelstrom.
I love to ride Peter Pan solo.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #1430
MMrules
DIS Veteran

I don't like HS.
I cry everytime I enter MK.
MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #1431
Ms. Heimlich
I'm a beautiful butterfly, too!

I dislike entitled people... you know the ones....

Said to CM "I paid ____ dollars to be here and you are gonna do what I say..." They make me CRAZY.

I feel the same way about parents who think because their child is there that I should let them walk, crawl, bump, scream, drool, kick, me because they think its cute.

I am not a fan of the race car ride at MK. (it's the fumes!)

I absolutely LOVE the Peter Pan ride. I could ride it over & over.

Wishes makes me tear up.
Ms. Heimlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #1432
shalom
DIS Veteran

Some of my Disney Secrets I'd never confess to in real life, and some I keep quiet not because they embarrass me but just to avoid getting hassled.

When Disney World first opened, I used to write stories of someone like the Osmonds showing up on our doorstep and taking my siblings and I there. I knew my dad wasn't about to. In real life I didn't get there until was nearly fifty. (Dad did take me to DisneyLand once, though.)

I still call the Magic Kingdom "Disney World" half the time, even though I know full well there are four parks now.

I love Fantasia, but I am not a fan of the dinosaurs and I generally skip The Sorcerer's Apprentice altogether.

Really, aside from a few of the earliest shorts, I'm not a fan of Mickey and the gang. I like the costumed characters better than I do the cartoon ones, probably because they don't talk.

Don't like the Winnie the Pooh crew, either, because I loved loved loved the books as a child and the Disney critters look nothing like the E.H. Shepard illos.

I'm really sad Disney doesn't make more Princess stuff for grown-ups.

I force my kids to watch Disney movies they think they won't like, at least the first half hour. Except my youngest, who still finds some Disney animation freaky and so is sometimes excused (she has yet to see any of the Toy Story flicks). I would have quit making them watch, but generally some of them stick around after I say they can go so it's worth it.

I also drive them crazy playing Disney soundtracks day after day, and singing along. LOUDLY.

My most favorite-ist Disney movies for years was Diamonds on Wheels.

Sometimes I'll go see a Disney flick in the theater, but make the kids wait until it comes out on video.

I'd rather see "Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial" than a big show, and I'd rather wander the parks just looking around and talking to people than do any of the rides. Unless you count the train or the monorail as rides.

Although I do have to do Pirates of the Caribbean because it's tradition, and The Jungle Cruise because I love the corny jokes.

I make Disney recipes right regular at home, but do not get the appeal of most Disney restaurants. And the ones that do sound appealing, aren't very Disney and probably just sound good because they remind me of places I like nearer home.

Never gonna eat a Mickey waffle, thanks.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #1433
lindseyry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Never gonna eat a Mickey waffle, thanks.

Guess its my turn.

**Though I love Stitch, I'm terrified of SGE. I love rides of all kinds but strap me down and make me think you're gonna grab at me - I freak out! I don't do haunted houses either for the same reasons.

**Um, well on our last trip to HS - after waiting in line for what seemed like months at RnR, just as we got through the que DS 9 starts to cry and says he doesn't want to go. I quickly sent him on his way telling him I was not going to miss RnR just because he was chicken. It didn't occur to me until I was boarding the ride that I sent my nine year old child out into the crowds by himself and that maybe wasn't the best choice. I didnt get off of the ride to find him.

** Again at HS - A very hateful woman rudely pushed DS 4 and stepped on DS 9's foot in order to get her child to the front of the crowd at Block Party Bash (which is stupid, by the way). Later in the day, she was in front of us in a crowd. I rammed her cankles with the stroller - not once but twice. (Remember the scene in Fried Green Tomatoes when Kathy Bates rams her car into the VW over and over again? Think that. ) When she turned and gave me a nasty look I replied with a and said "Have a magical day!"
Old 12-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #1434
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyry View Post

** Again at HS - A very hateful woman rudely pushed DS 4 and stepped on DS 9's foot in order to get her child to the front of the crowd at Block Party Bash (which is stupid, by the way). Later in the day, she was in front of us in a crowd. I rammed her cankles with the stroller - not once but twice. (Remember the scene in Fried Green Tomatoes when Kathy Bates rams her car into the VW over and over again? Think that. ) When she turned and gave me a nasty look I replied with a and said "Have a magical day!"
OMGh that made me laugh so much! And that is one of my favorite parts of that movie, "Towanda!!"

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #1435
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyry View Post

Not funny that your child was stepped on but, cankles being hit by a stroller ...payback can be enjoyable! I was strolling my 11 month old into Epcot and was getting pushed and shoved by people running to soaring. I started yelling "I have an infant people...Is it necessary to shove his stroller and trample us???? We are trying to go see Nemo". It is a blessing more kids aren't stomped on when those ropes drop!
MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #1436
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie_17 View Post
1. I will stop and watch MK parade when it goes by no matter where I am
2. Freaked out by the large white birds in Frontierland by the turkey legs
3. Don't get why Carosel of Progress is still there but Mr. Toad was removed
4. Like a lot of other people, I don't care for the Studios, just seems tossed together.
LOL at the comment about the big birds. So TRUE!!

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #1437
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
OMGh that made me laugh so much! And that is one of my favorite parts of that movie, "Towanda!!"

Mine too!!!

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
Old 12-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #1438
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

-Since Aladdin, the only Disney animated movies I've seen are: Cars (forced at a friend's house because her kids wanted to watch it), Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo (forced by a friend), and Up
-Like others who've posted in this thread, I think the majority of Illuminations is boring
-My biggest shameful secret at the moment: we're doing WDW a second time in a 2-month span...no one knows except 1 or 2 close friends. I keep thinking most other ppl will think we're nuts.
January 2011 Dining Review!
sophie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #1439
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie832 View Post
-Since Aladdin, the only Disney animated movies I've seen are: Cars (forced at a friend's house because her kids wanted to watch it), Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo (forced by a friend), and Up
-Like others who've posted in this thread, I think the majority of Illuminations is boring
-My biggest shameful secret at the moment: we're doing WDW a second time in a 2-month span...no one knows except 1 or 2 close friends. I keep thinking most other ppl will think we're nuts.
I did a whirlwind year like that....Feb., Oct. Dec. and Jan. LOL People thought I was crazy too. It's probably true since I don't even live in Florida and still made it back four times in the span of a year.

Do what makes you happy!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #1440
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean134 View Post
. . . Do what makes you happy!!!
absolutely!!!
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: