Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #871
DisneyDahling
Always counting down until the next visit

Love this thread!

I act like I'm super annoyed at DH when he pulls out his Hidden Mickey Book and then "drags"me on all the attractions again to find them. Secretly, however, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that does it. It brings out the kid in him.

I really could care less about AK. Truly, its a zoo.

Even though most of the shops sell the same things, DH and I LOVE to linger through all of them before routing ourselves through the crowds with everyone else.

I always want to do window decorations but never do because I'm afraid my window won't look as good as the pics I've seen on here

I always stand infront of the tip board at MK and look at Walt's window above the icecream shop and secretly say "Thank you"

Having been a CM, it's hard for me to not automatically go into "CM Mode" when someone appears lost, or is taking a fam pic and they aren't in it. It annoys DH and makes him smile at the same time.

...O there is so much more too but thats what popped in my head first..
DisneyDahling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #872
WDWtraveler27
Sees a star on a mountainBe Prepared!Must embrace the pink errr magenta
Part of the WDI Cult
No touchy my jar of dirt

I get excited when I see Mickey!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #873
July Kitten
WDW blood, DLR heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDahling View Post
I always stand infront of the tip board at MK and look at Walt's window above the icecream shop and secretly say "Thank you"
Aww, that's very sweet.

I hate Tinkerbell and am very disappointed that Disney so heavily markets her. She's vain, selfish, jealous, and tries to kill Wendy. That's not the kind of character I want my daughters (if I have any) to admire or emulate.

I enjoy the outdated look of Future World at EPCOT. It's comforting to me that there are some things at WDW that stay static.

I'm not afraid of rides and I don't understand the people who are. Disney's engineering and construction are carried out too well for me to worry.

The Contemporary Resort used to be my second favorite hotel on WDW property (despite never staying there) until the Bay Lake Tower went up. I think it's an ugly tumor that destroys the beauty of the original A-frame building, especially when viewed from the Polynesian. Mixing the 21st century with the 1970s is not a good idea.

DLR Passholders 2009-2011
July Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #874
h0pe
Mouseketeer

- I absolutely hate Tinkerbell with all my heart and soul!

SHE IS NOT A PRINCESS AND DOES NOT DESERVE THE ATTENTION THAT THE PRINCESSES SHOULD BE GETTING! SHE SHOULDN'T BE IN THEIR PICTURES EITHER.

I think shes a brat.
MY poor Ariel barely gets any attention =(

-I have never seen peter-pan

-I quiz my bf on Disney songs by making him guess which movie it is from
Actually I quiz everyone I know lol

- I think Ariel should get more credit

- I don't think Sleeping Beauty is as important as the other princesses ( IDK WHY)

- I hated EPCOT till I went in May now it is one of my Favs

- I don't plan on every going into the Hall of Presidents or Tom sawyer . Sorry

- I AM STILL AMAZED at how old and cool the Haunted Mansion is ( I have grown up with technology but it still makes me giggly inside)

- I Will not wait in line to see Minnie, but for Mickey or Donald I would.

- I scream every time I go on a ride that goes faster than 10 mph, but at the end of them all I want to do it again

- Why is it so expensive to go to disney =(

- I always dreamed of going to the underground hallways under MK

- That stitch ride, IS BORING

- I could really careless about Parades BUT I GET WAY TO EXCITED about waiting in line for a great ride
h0pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #875
juniper27
Earning My Ears

- I am too shy to talk to most strangers unless I have to - at Disney this translates to never wanting to meet any characters, even if they are "fur" characters who don't talk anyway!

- DH and I still wanted to eat in the castle bad enough for me to overcome #1...though I still felt like a moron when talking to Cinderella, and we deliberately picked dinner so that she was the only one we really had to interact with.

- It bugs me that Aurora's dress is ALWAYS pink in the parks...it looks terrible! Blue all the way! I also don't get why Alice is included in princess stuff but Pocahontas is not...um, which one's a random British girl and which is the daughter of a chief?

- I had read on the DIS about the Stitch chili-dog burp, but didn't tell my husband...I held my nose, he had no idea what was coming! I still feel bad about that, but hey, I did warn him that the boards said it was a terrible attraction, and he still wanted to go...

- I don't get why everyone thinks TSMM is so amazing :...I mean, it's all right, but it's not something I'd do more than once a trip.

- Same goes for the safari. We have the same thing here in St. Louis with Grant's Farm, just no lions.

- I love the last scene on Carousel of Progress...1994's vision of the future is gut-bustingly hilarious.

- After this last trip, I decided I'm not telling my coworkers where I'm going next time we go to Disney! I got about sixteen choruses of "but weren't you just there a couple years ago?" Yes...and?

Last edited by juniper27; 09-20-2009 at 11:38 PM.
juniper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #876
Bethany2008
Mouseketeer

My husband and I got married at the Boardwalk last year and received Annual Passes with our package. Since this was both of our first trips EVER to WDW (in fact our first trip to Florida, period) we planned on doing Disney for 5 days then 2 at Universal Studios.
So we left Caribbean Beach (but kept our room key ) and taxied it to our new hotel only to be very disappointed with Universal Studios that after half a day there we payed a taxi $30 to take us BACK to Disney where we used our old room keys to stay for extra magic hours. We did this both days for morning and evening EMH. I know... we were naughty...
Not to mention we ended up spending $120 for stupid taxi rides... lol

My other Disney secret is that I con everyone into playing a friendly game of Disney Scene-it on our game nights... Needless to say, they all refuse to play it with me anymore due to my extreme competitiveness and my never ending (as I like to think) Disney knowledge... hehe

Opps I have one more... When Trivial Pursuit is the chosen one on game night I bring the Disney version and make them then swap out the sports category for a DiSnEy category! I suck at all things Trivia, a Disney category at least gives me a chance!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:24 AM   #877
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDahling View Post
Love this thread!

I do this too! I tried to take a picture last week when DH and I were there for our honeymoon, but it wouldn't take right. So I just paused for a moment feeling sad that he didn't get to see all this, but grateful for everything he started
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #878
DisneyDahling
Always counting down until the next visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoShan1719 View Post
I do this too! I tried to take a picture last week when DH and I were there for our honeymoon, but it wouldn't take right. So I just paused for a moment feeling sad that he didn't get to see all this, but grateful for everything he started
My husband was acting weird at the MK the last trip while we were walking around Main Street. I couldn't figure out why until I went through the photos of that day.... he had been trying to figure out where to get the best picture of Walts Window withough me knowing.....and he did pretty good!
DisneyDahling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #879
Redheaded Sunshine
Mouseketeer

I feel like the Hall of Presidents is good for only one thing, a nice air-conditioned nap. (I will be going this year because I feel like I should, historical and all)

I don't really care for afternoon parades, but I'd plan my trip around the light parade.

I cry a little bit at Wishes.
FL Resident MANY visits 2000-2005
POP 2004, AS Movies 2006, AKL Nov 2008
POLY Sept 2009, CONTEMPORARY Oct 2011
BC Oct 2012 CSR Oct 2013!!!!
Redheaded Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #880
DONTMINDME
Mouseketeer

Tarzan in my van

I absolutely love the Tarzan cd, and have to sing along of course (alone) dh thinks i'm nuts, I miss the original Figment, Yensid is my favorite sorcerer,and I secretly want to buy a big bunch of baloons on Main street and give them away randomly. I love the Wedway peoplemover its the most romantic ride in Disney. I hate people who bowl you over to get a fastpass and kids on wheelies. Want to trip them. 67 Days til WL.
DONTMINDME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #881
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

-Never been to the swiss family treehouse, enchanted tiki room, magic carpets of aladdin, tom sawyer island, country bear jamboree, liberty square riverboats, peter pan's flight, dumbo, snow white's scary adventures, the many adventures of winnie the pooh, mad tea party, pooh's playful spot, toon park, tomorrowland speedway, astro orbiter, monsters' inc laugh floor, haven't been to every country in world showcase, circle of life, kim possible, gran fiesta tour, imageworks, journey into imagination, soarin, the seas with nemo and friends, all of the rides in Dinoland usa, the oasis, discovery island, camp minnie-mickey, pagani forest exploration trail, rafiki's planet watch, flights of wonder, maharajah jungle trek, sounds dangerous, journey into narnia, walt disney: one man's dream, the magic of disney animation, playhouse disney, and beauty and the beast...Wow...that's a lot of stuff....

I love parades, and wishes makes me cry

I find world showcase boring at times

Magic kingdom holds a special place in my heart

2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
hollisterluva92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #882
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

I love this idea

-I miss singing at the Candlelight Processional (its been 4 years) so I go every year at Christmas time & sing along with every song!

-I would never set foot on EE

-I have no idea what Rope drop is

-I use to be scared to death of Space mountain til I went on it for the first time 2 years ago, now its on my fave list

-I love watching the Epcot Fountain of Nations, I could stand in front of it forever & not get bored, last time sadly the fountain was being refurbished =/

-AK is boring

-I don't like how they changed MGM to Hollywood Studios, it sounds stupid

-I miss Pleasure Island

-I hate ToT

-Maelstrom is my favorite ride in Epcot

-I hate when the characters come up to me, they annoy me

-I wish they would give Ariel & Pocahontas the attention they deserve & what about Mulan, Esmeralda & all the forgotten princesses?

-Iago has an annoying voice & I think he was a bad choice for the Enchanted Tiki Room

-I feel like a little kid every time I go to WDW no matter the park
Chaoticsweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #883
Businessgypsy
Curiosity fed the dog

Location: Naturally beautiful SW Florida November-June *** Portland, Oregon June - October *** Exploration in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
-I have no idea what Rope drop is
A rope drop is the opening of the gates at the Magic Kingdom. Kind of like a mini Broadway musical and Anthony Robbins style pump-you-up motivation session. The setting is the Main Street Train Station. A bunch of dancers in turn of the (last) century costumes do a song and dance, the Mayor of Main Street gives a speech and the train pulls up with those characters that creep you out on board for more song and dance. Confetti, music, sound effects, a few words from Mickey and...rope drop.

Happens about ten minutes before the park opens. Waaay early for a lot of people. I like it because the crowd watching is second to none. Hard core DISers, Japanese Goths in elaborate costumes, little kids overdosing on expectation and workaholic broker types frantically texting the final Blackberry message before the family pulls them into limbo.

The park is relatively empty at that hour, and you can check out the fresh work of the gardeners and crafts people done by halogen light while you slept.

Not a must do ritual, but as a one-off up there with going to an auction at the Tokyo fish market and checking out the balloon staging area at the Macy's parade.

Halloween rope drop

Businessgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #884
July Kitten
WDW blood, DLR heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
-I wish they would give Ariel & Pocahontas the attention they deserve & what about Mulan, Esmeralda & all the forgotten princesses?
I think Ariel gets plenty of attention. Disney parks are full of Little Mermaid-themed attractions, merchandise, and influences.

Pocahontas is a chief's daughter, Mulan is a military hero, and Esmeralda is a gypsy; technically they're not princesses. I suppose "Princess" is a Disney marketing euphemism for "female protagonist."

DLR Passholders 2009-2011
July Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #885
lexandme
DIS Veteran

I'm so over Tinkerbell. She's turned into something she was never meant to be.
I think all of the princess' are over exposed.
I listen to "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride" every morning on my IPOD on the bus going into town because it puts me in a good mood.
I love Donald the most even though I can't understand a word he says!

Here's my husband's shameful secret - He is madly in love with Jessica Rabbit! Don't even tell him she is animated!

I am off of work today and tomorrow because the G-20 Summit is being held in Pittsburgh and it's too difficult and potentially dangerous to go into downtown. My plan is to go to the new Disney Store and shop as well as watch as many Disney movies as I can!
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: