Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #856
Vivianne
Close enough to enjoy what Mass has to offer
I'm ready for a PARTY!

Okay....I'll join this strange society...

Dolewhips = too sweet

Turkey Legs = Yuck...

My secret is I stopped telling co-workers about my Disney vacations. They'd never understand...

I also secretly listen to my Disney CDs at work...nobody knows....

Last edited by Vivianne; 09-16-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Vivianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #857
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

We've just returned and I admit....we did Kim Possible at Epcot and saved the world. It was fun!

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #858
ttester9612
Magical Moments

I've never seen Illuminations...maybe I'll get to this October.

Hate Dole Whips and Turkey Legs...in my opinion their both "GROSS"
Old 09-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #859
O4theluvaDisney
Earning My Ears

In no particular order:

*Still wishing I hadn't wussed out on going on the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter ride before it was taken out.

*Magic Kingdom is my least favorite park, and we usually only spend half a day there(to ride the few attractions I always want to attend).

*The drop at Splash Mountain scares me, but I'm fine with TOT. Go figure.

*I STILL love Tigger more than any adult should and get excited to see the character at the parks.

*Ellen's Energy Adventure ride is a favorite of mine, regardless of how many times I've rode it —as well as the fact that the last time I rode it resulted in a fifteen minute stall in an empty room with sparkly, rotating lights— since my first visit in '97, because of Bill Nye the Science Guy as much as Ellen (love them both, but I've always had a sick adoration of Bill Nye and his scientific facts).

*I occasionally prefer a somewhat slow moving line for STAR TOURS because I love the queue area so much.

*I don't get all the hype of MISSION Space. For me, it was dull (in a scientific computer game way) aside from the getting jarred around. The queue area was really neat, though. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it failed to live up to what I had hoped.

*Never been to the Hall of Presidents. I do feel pretty ashamed of that.

*Back when Body Wars was still around, I thought I was going to be sick after riding it. Blech. Ironic that prior to going in ’97, I was looking forward to it the most.

*Whenever going to EPCOT, I can’t wait for Spaceship Earth and The World Showcase. Funny, EPCOT was my least favorite park back in ’97, when I was eleven (aka, I thought it was boring).

*The Disney commercials are the only ones I un-mute my tv for. Even if MK is my least favorite park, seeing the Castle just excites me, and it is so beautiful. Cinderella's Castle is JUST the symbol of WDW for me.

*I go to AK mainly for DINOSAUR and Kali River Rapids (my last visit was prior to EE completion). I must say the park is very pretty and nice to walk through. It has the best sights — as far as walking is concerned — from end of the park to the other in my opinion.

*I get WAY too excited, during the drive, just seeing the WDW billboards all over Orlando (usually a couple hours before arriving).

*The reason I go into the shops at WDW is to look at the stuffed animals (haha!). I will never outgrow them, it seems. I buy at least one EVERY time I'm there, even if I can find them cheaper online.

*The ghosts that pop up from behind the tombstones on HM get me EVERY, stinking time. My fear of jumping-out-and-scare-me attractions never gets better.

*I truly miss the tornado portion that used to be in Journey into the Imagination ride. I recall being eleven and going through that ride so amazed and loving it and thoroughly disappointed after going again in 2001 to find it had been stripped of everything that had been so cool. It bummed me out for a little while that day.

*I like the creative portion of DisneyQuest but not enough so to pay the extreme price for a ticket since I’m not a big fan of games. I used to love when you got to pick a music genre voice and song then have it played back in the booth. Also, you could buy the cd, if you wanted. Although, I remember it was a PAIN trying to get the male rock singer’s voice to come out right on the cd compared to the booth(I was upset to the point of tears after putting the cd in my portable player and finding the voice had gotten sluggish and lower on the cd). Somehow, I tricked the computer and got the voice right so I could have the guy singing the way I wanted him to the second time around.

*Have been to WDW three times and still haven't seen the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS. Shame on me seeing as it was my childhood favorite for many, many years.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #860
plutoluvsfifi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieTCat View Post
I have a secret plot to combine Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and IASW. You score points for every international doll that you blast.

Hec no! They would come at night to seek revenge. I'm telling you they are CREEPY.
plutoluvsfifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #861
lexandme
DIS Veteran

And they could bring a contingent of Spectromen with them!
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #862
Goopy
I live less than 8 miles from the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyjo View Post
I don't like all the Characters in a costume at Disney!
Everyone knows there is no costume
Goopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #863
1bigwdwfan
Trying not to step on the Mome Raths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoluvsfifi View Post
OK I admit it. I listen to Disney Radio in the car. I have no kids and no excuse.
I listen to my Disney music in the car, especially when vacation is drawing near or when it's been a bad day. I don't have kids either. I have my neice & nephew on occasion.

Everybody's got a laughing place, a laughing place to go-o-o.
Take your frown, turn it upside down, & you'll find yours I know!
1bigwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #864
1bigwdwfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfanz View Post
I hate ADRs. I will never make one.
I love the puppy picture!!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #865
1bigwdwfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
I took my brother btw and he ruined alot of stuff for me so in Oct i will be going solo.
It seems every time I went with someone, I had a horrible time. July trip, a friend went with me & we had a blast! It was his first "real trip." We had so much fun, next week this time, we'll be eating dinner at Hollywood and Vine, which was by far our favorite dinner while we were there.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #866
APX
Mouseketeer

As my signature says... I get a little childish when I am near/in DLR. I can't help it, it jakes makes you want to let everything go and become what we always are inside, a kid. :D

I also play Kingdom Hearts just to get a fix for Disney Characters <.<
APX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #867
FortWildernessLoopy
WDW Vet since birth

* my biggest secret is I miss the WDW from 1985 or so.
I hate the new COP song, I keep wanting to sing "Now is the Time" instead of the "great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" song
I like the old Tiki Room so much better
I miss the Journey into Imagination with Figment...it was AWESOME!
I want them to bring back the trams in Ft. Wilderness

* I never miss the electrical parade on Bay Lake

* If you give me my choice of every WDW hotel, I will still pick camping at Fort Wilderness every time!

*My favorite ride is the WedWay PeopleMover. (I refuse to call it TTA)

*I literally jump up an down, clap my hands, and giggle when fixin to enter the parks...and I'm 36 yrs old, 5'10" and weigh as much as a truck

*I used to stand in the Space Mntn line just to go through the chicken exit..it was awesome

*I don't like Test track but I will wait in a long line to go on the boat ride in The Land

*I have seriously contemplated tripping children on wheelies in the parks (I never gave in, but I really wanted to)

I LOVE DISNEY! We'll go over there just to wander around the resorts or hang out in Lake Buena Vista just for fun
Old 09-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #868
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I got queasy after riding Mission:Space (Orange Team) and had to skip dinner that night at Marrakesh restaurant in Morocco-EPCOT. I went back to our room at Old Key West by myself while DW, DS & DD all went to eat. This is from someone that grew up riding the Tilt-a-whirl, roller coaster and Scrambler at my grandfathers amusement park. Papa would be so ashamed of me!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #869
famsen
DIS Veteran

Here are my "confessions":

I don't watch parades and avoid getting stuck in a parade route like the plague

I don't like getting wet so I don't go on Splash Mountain and I have never been on Kali River Rapids

I majored in paleontology and have dug for dinosaur fossils out west but I HATE Dinosaur ride

I love Primieval Whirl

I have never seen Fantasmic

Most of DHS bores me to death

I would ride TTA all night if they didn't make me get off and get back in line to ride again

I can't stand the boat ride in Norway

I don't get the allure Soarin'

POTC is too cheesy

I think Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse is a waste of space

I hate sitting through the Hall of Presidents

I love getting pictures with characters

'93:Disney Inn '94:Dixie Landings '95Wilderness Lodge '97:Contemporary '98: CBR '01:Contemporary:'06:POFQ
'07:SSR '08: May:Pop Century; AKV First Trip as DVC Members Sept:AKV
5/09:AKV Jambo & AKV Kidani 9/09:AKV Kidani 12/09:Girls Only SSR 4/10:WL(Shuttle Discovery Launch) 5/10:BWV 9/10:AKL 9/11: BWV/AKL 9/12: AKL
famsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #870
2luvmickey
Where my dreams always come true...

Although MK is our favorite park, my boys and I are in agreement:

Hate Stitch

Don't care for the Country Bear Jamboree

Can do without the Enchanted Tiki Room

Love It's a Small World (just me )

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: