Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #751
L107ANGEL
Tipsy Pioneer (Committed PUI)
Has trouble holding on to tags
Release your inner Betty Crocker!
I shoulda had a V-8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiPride View Post
oh...ok....

in that case, I love EE:sc ared1:
I had lost my voice on that one, my co-travelers were thrilled
Old 07-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #752
1bigwdwfan
Trying not to step on the Mome Raths.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo13 View Post
My DH downloaded the 'Ask and Record Toolbar' (google it). This records (in real time) any audio on the internet (aka youtube, google video, etc), and converts it to Mp3 format. He burnt me 5 cd's of Disney ride audio from youtube, and I've also got it on my ipod. I listen to the Top 7 Must Sees in my car to and from work now.
I didn't know this existed! Thanks! And please don't tell me that it's the "Top 7 Must Sees" that is played over and over on the Disney World TV station. That is too funny. The year before last, I think I had them memorized all but number 5 which I kept missing some way.

Everybody's got a laughing place, a laughing place to go-o-o.
Take your frown, turn it upside down, & you'll find yours I know!
1bigwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #753
1bigwdwfan
Trying not to step on the Mome Raths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiPride View Post
I love to take pictures of people I don't know at WDW and post them on Facebook.
That's too funny! My friend and I had pictures "lost" on our photopass last year, but ended up with about 12 pictures of random people. Before deleting them, we "adopted" the kids and named them. And "married" the guys.

Everybody's got a laughing place, a laughing place to go-o-o.
Take your frown, turn it upside down, & you'll find yours I know!
1bigwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #754
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo13 View Post
My DH downloaded the 'Ask and Record Toolbar' (google it). This records (in real time) any audio on the internet (aka youtube, google video, etc), and converts it to Mp3 format. He burnt me 5 cd's of Disney ride audio from youtube, and I've also got it on my ipod. I listen to the Top 7 Must Sees in my car to and from work now.
That is really cool!
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #755
CandyHead09
Mouseketeer

Let me just start by saying that this thread is hilarious I love it my sister and I have been laughing at it for the past 20 minutes or more

ok my shameful disney secrets are:
-I hate Space Mountain it scares me so much but I go on it every time.

-The monorail also scares me I feel like it's going to fall over everytime.

-I DESPISE the dinosaur ride to the point where I think it should be removed from disney world I spend the whole ride in my dad's armpit hiding my face but i go on it because I dont want to be left out the whole group always goes on and I hate being left alone lol.

-I went on Primeaval Whirl once, never again!!!!

-Sometimes my best friend and I still think we are in disney world especially at sleepovers we wake up in the morning and start planning our day in disney only to realize that we are in my living room. Or when we are hungry we'll say "lets go to pecos bill and get a taco salad after a quick ride on pirates"

-I love the all star resorts if I never stayed in any of the fancier hotels I wouldnt care.

-I stalk Alladin and Jasmine lol

-I wait outside the door jack sparrow goes in after the pirate tutorial so I can give him a high five.

-perhaps my most shameful of all is that I went for my sweet16 in october because I wanted to go for halloween (my birthday is in may) and I wore my birthday button everyday for free cupcakes and all the people who stop me to say happy birthday and give me stickers lol I love the mickey stickers :D

thats about it :]

Last edited by CandyHead09; 07-05-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
CandyHead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #756
bookbabe_disneynut
self-confessed Disney addict...and proud of it!

Okay, time to 'fess up...

Thanks everyone for this thread...I've been LMAO all morning...

First, I'll clarify by saying that I'm a 40yo high school teacher, so most people expect a certain level of decorum.

My dirty secrets:
- I spend way too much of my spare time thinking about Disney.
- I "tigger-bounce" through the Orlando airport on my way to the Magical Express desk, or at least until DH gives me the evil eye.
- I own (and wear) a large assortment of Disney Ears, my favs being Stitch, Tigger and Eeyore.
- I love IASW and drag DH on it every trip.
- I threw up on the Teacups as a kid, and haven't ridden them since.
- My DH and I treat PotC as our personal "tunnel of love" and try to get a bench (or even better, a whole boat) to ourselves so that we can snuggle and hold hands. It's always our first and last ride of any trip, and it annoys us that it has become so trendy.

And, the worst secret...DH and I are playing hooky from a friend's out of town wedding on the Labour Day weekend so that we can sneak in a trip to Disney instead. We're telling everyone at home (no one from our area is able to go to the wedding, so it just would have been us going) that we're going to the wedding, including both our bosses, so that we don't have to deal with the inevitable "but you were just there" comments. Three days at Disney is way better than a stuffy black tie wedding...
bookbabe_disneynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #757
lenny l
Mouseketeer

This is a great thread!

1. I've never been on Dumbo
2. The parades bore me
3. TOT scared the life out of me and I will never, I repeat, never ride it again!

And can I risk the wrath of everyone on here and say, that, although I chose to spend my 40th birthday on a Wishes cruise watching the fireworks over the castle and it was probably the most amazing moment of my life, and I consider myself a true Disney fan, that I, and I can't believe I'm actually going to admit this, but I actually slightly prefer Universal Studios and IOA! There I've said it!
lenny l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #758
KingOfBass40
Mouseketeer

I admit that....
1. I am addicted to Fantasmic and Illuminations, so much so, that I have been trying to get the music to both shows
2. I haven't ridden IASW since 1995, just because I hate that song
3. I purposely avoid every Disney Gift Shop, just because they will bankrupt me
4. I refuse to ride COT, unless I am in serious need of a nap
KingOfBass40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #759
1littlespark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny l View Post
This is a great thread!

1. I've never been on Dumbo
2. The parades bore me
3. TOT scared the life out of me and I will never, I repeat, never ride it again!

And can I risk the wrath of everyone on here and say, that, although I chose to spend my 40th birthday on a Wishes cruise watching the fireworks over the castle and it was probably the most amazing moment of my life, and I consider myself a true Disney fan, that I, and I can't believe I'm actually going to admit this, but I actually slightly prefer Universal Studios and IOA! There I've said it!

Blasphemer! hehe
(and heaps of other WDW day or mini vacays since moving to FL)
1littlespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #760
meriface11
Mouseketeer

this is some fun reading...let's see for me:

1) I don't get Pin Trading.

2) I don't wear WDW clothing. Shopping for cute vacation clothes at home is half the fun of planning a vacation.

3) I cry during Wishes and Illuminations, but hate Fantasmic.

4) I scoot my butt forwards at the end of Its Touch to be a Bug because the roaches "crawling" on the seats creep me out.

5) I haven't been on the Hall of Presidents, American Adventure or the Tiki Room in more than 10 years. Maybe I'll do them again during our September trip.

September 2005, 2006 2008 Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 SSR
January 2010 BC
September 2010 BWV
September 2011 BC
September 2012 BC
September 2013 BC
August 2014 AKV
meriface11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #761
familyblackout
Earning My Ears

Alright...

1. MGM!! It's MGM! (I always called Epcot "Epcot" because I am lazy.)
2. There are so many Disney movies that I dislike- all the old helpless princess gets her man movies (still have warm fuzzies for my childhood princesses Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine, but they have waned throughout the years)... ummm... basically all the non-Pixar 3Ds (Bolt was ok, never seen Chicken Little), many 2Ds after Mulan were subpar... Alice in Wonderland....
3. I love the parks and all the "older" attractions- peoplemover, CoP, the original Tiki Room... but I feel the parks are a little spastic. They can't really decide between family, educational-ish, and thrill rides, and frankly they have problems trying to do them all! I can understand why Universal/IoA would appeal more to a modern traveller (not I, though, WDW will always have my heart )
4. Tinkerbell bothers me- she seems less "sassy" and more "pompous and pretentious" (or the other BS fairies- thanks, Disney marketing, for making something up just so you can sell us stuff- I prefer to have already established, trusted characters with an established place in my heart sold to me, thank you Sorry, the fairies to me are such an obvious example of "oh, little girls like princesses... let's sell them some FAIRIES!" kind of mentality)
I especially hate that scene in Peter Pan where PP SPANKS Tinkerbell to sprinkle pixie dust on the children, especially her shocked expression. It makes me shiver a little to think about it! Way to go, misogyny! Let's make sure we teach children to punish women who don't do what we want.
5. I wish there were more movies with a prominent mom figure- Aristocats, 101 Dalmations.... who else? Why is the dad always more important to the story?
6. I love Stitch. Ohana means family!!!!! Thinking about that makes me tear up, and seeing Stitch makes me think about it.
7. I have had an "adult experience" in that Drew Carey movie... and the Muppet one.
8. I had waaaaaay too much "fun" at the Food and Wine Festival once. I don't remember leaving the park! Thank god I didn't drive home
9. Pinocchio TERRIFIED me as a child, and now I won't let my son watch it!!!

Thank you for letting me vent!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #762
BeyondKen
Earning My Ears

I attended the 2004 Disney shareholder's meeting... And voted to fire Michael Eisner.
BeyondKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #763
tjl1388
20 mins. from the Mouse!!

I could eat WDW popcorn and Dole floats as 99% of my diet...with the 1% being figaro fries...the REAL ONES!!

Can't stand IASW, I ride it because my kids love it and I love my kids.
I want to ride the people mover to work everyday.

My worst secret....

I secretly would like to retire at the popcorn stand by the partners statue and spend my day facing the castle and handing out happiness.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #764
SydneyFalco
Stop asking ME about YOUR stuff... just ask me about MINE! That's what the Internet is for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post
What is your Disney shameful secret?
This board.
SydneyFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #765
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

- I get teary eyed during Wishes and Illuminations
-I am purposely making my 2 daughters into Disney freaks - more leverage to convince dh why we need to go more often
- When my oldest dd was 2 1/2, we had taken her to AK for the first time - made it to rope drop and when she saw Mickey on the safari bus, she kept calling "Mickey, Mickey come back!" I cried because I was thinking it was a sign of things to come ) Dh just rolled his eyes at me...

There are more, I'm sure, have to mull it over for a few minutes, great thread!

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: