Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #2491
msmileyface
Mouseketeer

Haha.... That's funny! I save "nice" shopping bags too though.
msmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #2492
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
I have read this entire thread, and nobody has mentioned this one, so I must be *really* weird, but...

I um, hoard the WDW shopping bags from each trip. After I bring my souvenirs home, I store the plastic bags away in the bedroom closet. I just can't make myself throw them away.
DW uses our shopping bags, to give family members "Meals on Wheels" deliveries.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #2493
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
DW uses our shopping bags, to give family members "Meals on Wheels" deliveries.
That's a lovely idea! I just sort of look at mine and reminisce with some horror on how much money I spent.

Another shameful secret: I cried and screamed in terror on Honey I Shrunk The Audience during the bit where the white mice multiply and "escape" into the theater, so much so that I won't do It's Tough To Be A Bug.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #2494
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

Okay, here I go...

1) I carry a bagailini in the parks because so many people rave about them and now I agree it's the best bag in the world. No one knows it's a bagalini because it's super masculine and it's army green so it really is my dirty little secret (until now).

2) When I find a scrapper pin in the course of trading, I give it to a crying child because I don't have to cringe when I throw it away, but it makes the child stop crying and my ears feel better. (And it's not like they don't know what a scrapper is...)

3) I use every snack credit on the deluxe dining plan for the pre-made carrot cakes they serve at many of the quick service restaurants and dole whip floats cuz they're both so friggin' good! Once in the past 4 years I got a pretzel...(and somehow I never gain any weight - must be all the walking)

4) Each trip I'm guilty of taking 3 of the mickey stickers that CM's give kids and making a hidden mickey on the back of the shirt of some grown-up grump in front of me in line. I keep "accidentally" bumping into them until all 3 adhere. In my imagination they get back to their room and can't help but actually smile

5) In addition to eating 2 junk food snacks a day and dessert with every lunch and dinner, I also eat 2-3 Ice Cream Cookie sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow in the MK every trip. Those are the best!!!!!

6) Whenever someone new goes with me on a trip to WDW, I always take them to SGE and then scare them into thinking the whole ride is going to spin really fast and go upside down (hence the harnesses)....

7) I always see the streetmosphere character's last show of the day at HS when they play the "99" game and I purposely try to get chosen to offer up one of the suggested things used in the game. Because prior to my trip I purposely go through the dictionary trying to find the craziest thing I can mention to see everyone struggle to make it work... One time I offered up "bedazzler"

I'm sure there are other silly things I do that I'm may or may not be proud of, but these are just some.
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #2495
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew View Post
Okay, here I go...

1) I carry a bagailini in the parks because so many people rave about them and now I agree it's the best bag in the world. No one knows it's a bagalini because it's super masculine and it's army green so it really is my dirty little secret (until now).

2) When I find a scrapper pin in the course of trading, I give it to a crying child because I don't have to cringe when I throw it away, but it makes the child stop crying and my ears feel better. (And it's not like they don't know what a scrapper is...)

3) I use every snack credit on the deluxe dining plan for the pre-made carrot cakes they serve at many of the quick service restaurants and dole whip floats cuz they're both so friggin' good! Once in the past 4 years I got a pretzel...(and somehow I never gain any weight - must be all the walking)

4) Each trip I'm guilty of taking 3 of the mickey stickers that CM's give kids and making a hidden mickey on the back of the shirt of some grown-up grump in front of me in line. I keep "accidentally" bumping into them until all 3 adhere. In my imagination they get back to their room and can't help but actually smile

5) In addition to eating 2 junk food snacks a day and dessert with every lunch and dinner, I also eat 2-3 Ice Cream Cookie sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow in the MK every trip. Those are the best!!!!!

6) Whenever someone new goes with me on a trip to WDW, I always take them to SGE and then scare them into thinking the whole ride is going to spin really fast and go upside down (hence the harnesses)....

7) I always see the streetmosphere character's last show of the day at HS when they play the "99" game and I purposely try to get chosen to offer up one of the suggested things used in the game. Because prior to my trip I purposely go through the dictionary trying to find the craziest thing I can mention to see everyone struggle to make it work... One time I offered up "bedazzler"

I'm sure there are other silly things I do that I'm may or may not be proud of, but these are just some.
I totally want to go to Disney with you
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #2496
MellinMickey4333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat
I have read this entire thread, and nobody has mentioned this one, so I must be *really* weird, but...

I um, hoard the WDW shopping bags from each trip. After I bring my souvenirs home, I store the plastic bags away in the bedroom closet. I just can't make myself throw them away.
THANK GOODNESS, I'm not the only one!!! *phew*
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #2497
IowaTater
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I totally want to go to Disney with you
I was just thinking the same thing!!!!

Pasta & Potatoes Conquer Orlando - October 2-10, 2013

First trip: 1995 - stayed off property
2nd trip (3rd anniversary): October 2-10, 2013 - ASMu

No countdown
IowaTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #2498
pieface
Mouseketeer

shameful

Kayla I agree it is lame Foxie that was funny did you make the return trip. I love Everest but since I have high blood pressure and the medication screws me up I even have a hard time walking backwards. The only way I make it through Everest is when we go backward I close my eyes and scream like a little girl. My son's laugh their butts off at me. When I get off the ride I stagger atom like a drunk. I love that ride.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #2499
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaTater View Post
The more the merrier! Heck, I get bored in line just like everyone else, so I just try to find ways to make it fun that (in most cases) don't negatively impact the people around me. The one thing I can't handle: adults being grumpy in line - especially when that adult is accompanied by an otherwise really happy family. Many of the meltdowns I see are the adults - usually the children are just feeding off them. Sometimes I wish I could pull a Cher in Moonstruck and help grumpy "snap outta it!" (if only that was a slap instead of a wave)... Instead, grumpy makes dopey want to come out and play. BWAHAHAHAH!
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #2500
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

Before this last trip, I had a 4 year break between trips. I thought I could handle another break after this one. . . I CAN'T.

I also save my disney bags. I save hygiene products. I saved the shotglass from my yeager in Germany. My sister accidentally saved a disney towel.

I did not get the dole whip and rum float from Epcot when I went, even though it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. I MUST go back!
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #2501
DuffGT06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaTater View Post
Haha, totally agree!

I get teary-eyed EVERY TIME I drive out the gates at the end of the trip.
WDW 1985, Cabins at FW 1988, Daytrip 2002, Music 2004, Movies 2005, Off-site 2006, Off-site 2007, POP 2007, Off-site 2008, POP Oct 2009, Disneyland June 2010, CS Sept 2010, POP Dec 2011, POP Oct 2012, Disneyland Paris Dec 2012, Sports Oct 2013, POR Dec 2013, POP Feb/Mar 2014, Expedition Everest 5K May 2014, AoA Oct 2014, Enchanted 10K Feb 2015.

DuffGT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #2502
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

I save Disney coloring pages on my computer and color them in with my graphics program. I tell myself "it's for the scrapbook" but it's really because I like doing it.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #2503
IrisBabel
Earning My Ears

I'm 26 and I sleep with Pooh, Duchess, Dumbo and Lady in my bed. They also come on trips with me, or at least one of them does.

I never leave Disney without a XL bag full of stuffed animals and tell myself they are a gift. I never end up actually giving them away cause I just can't.

I hereby apologize to all my friends who never get a souvenir when I go to Disney.
IrisBabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #2504
IrisBabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
I save Disney coloring pages on my computer and color them in with my graphics program. I tell myself "it's for the scrapbook" but it's really because I like doing it.

I feel a lot better now! I actually buy coloring books and markers and color them in. Just because I love to.
And I get REALLY upset when someone wants to color one too and uses the "wrong" colors, like pink for Belle's blue dress.

Oh and I forgot, I've got 15 puzzles of 1000 pieces, all Disney. And I've only made 2, but still I keep buying them when I find them.
IrisBabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #2505
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

My Confessions

I once had to sit through Epcot's O Canada!, with my eyes shut because I was a little more drunk than I thought and it was making my very nauseated.

Last time I went to WDW my sister and I could not afford Photo Pass stuff but took Screen Shots of all the pictures to that we could still enjoy looking at them even if the quality was too poor to print.

I actually like Small World, Tiki Room & Carousel of Progress. (Nostalgia?) However Hall of Presidents puts even me to sleep.

I am out of mind EXCITED that Captain EO is back!!!!! (went to that twice in a row the only time I got to see it when I was 13)

I once went on Star Tours 5 times in a row with no lines and loved it even the 5th time.

I hoard the shopping bags AND extra Napkins from WDW.
I love to use the napkins when I get home to remind me and the bags for just about everything.

I only like a couple of things at AK and have taken to skipping it.

Fantasmic bores me.

I hate Tarzan, Hercules, The Emperor’s New Groove, the Sword in the Stone, Home on the Range, the Black Cauldron, & Treasure Planet.

I have yet to taste a Dole Whip

I cry (every time) at the beginning of the Fireworks show when Tink flies across the sky.
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: