Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #2416
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

On my last trip, I never made it to rope drop and I loved it!

I absolutely despise packing, even for a disney trip. I am currently experiencing a mild case of packing anxiety. Just thinking about packing for anything makes me nervous and then I procrastinate until the last minute.
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #2417
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa88 View Post
On my last trip, I never made it to rope drop and I loved it!

I absolutely despise packing, even for a disney trip. I am currently experiencing a mild case of packing anxiety. Just thinking about packing for anything makes me nervous and then I procrastinate until the last minute.
I totally over pack.. I'll take a suitcase the size of Cleveland for a 3 day stay somewhere.. My May trip will be 7 days/6 nights and I'll probably have two steamer trunks, a huge suitcase, and 2 carry-ons.. and I go solo!
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #2418
CocaColaGuy
That's what she said.

- I bought a bunch of pins for myself...then gave them to the kids.
- Mary Poppins is my favorite movie...by a long shot (sorry, 007!)
- I still can't name all of the dwarves without using Comet and Cupid for 2 of them.
- I spent way too much time checking out the Biergarten girls.
- And Pocahontas.

When you wish upon a star...Makes no difference who you are...Anything your heart desires...Will come to you!

"I wish there was a way to know you're in the Good Old Days before you've actually left them." ~ Andy Bernard, The Office
CocaColaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #2419
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Mine is that I really like Stitchs Great Escape

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #2420
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I totally over pack.. I'll take a suitcase the size of Cleveland for a 3 day stay somewhere.. My May trip will be 7 days/6 nights and I'll probably have two steamer trunks, a huge suitcase, and 2 carry-ons.. and I go solo!
Me too! I like having options so I usually pack about twice the amount of clothes/shoes I actually need, and then forget something important.
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW

Last edited by Alyssa88; 03-11-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #2421
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa88

Me too! I like having options so I usually pack about twice the amount of clothes/shoes I actually need, and then forget something important.
I'm exactly the same! There's nothing worse than getting there and wanting to wear an outfit but you can't, because you have all the pieces needed but no shoes that even slightly match, etc. The ironic thing is that I'll pack my suitcases to bursting, but then only wear a few of the same things the whole trip.

And don't get my started on how many times I've had to buy a new piece of luggage there just to get all my souvenirs home lol!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #2422
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

I miss Delta Dreamflight and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
I hate Fantasia.
The Sherman Brothers are Disney Gods.
I love old-school disney.
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #2423
Tom999
Earning My Ears

I have never visit Disney.

Tom999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #2424
cathydwin
Mouseketeer

I love looking at pins & DH gets to rest
- Have to do Soarin'
- watching the dancing fountain at Epcot & checking peopel's reaction to it
- NEVER had a turkey leg - get sick on the smell of them
- going solo on Expedition Everest
checking if there are new containers for the pop corn
- visiting Goffy's candy store - yum! love dipped pretzels
cathydwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #2425
jtjohnson
Earning My Ears

I really didn't like Soarin' that much. To me it didn't live up to the hype or being worth the long lines.
jtjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #2426
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I'm exactly the same! There's nothing worse than getting there and wanting to wear an outfit but you can't, because you have all the pieces needed but no shoes that even slightly match, etc. The ironic thing is that I'll pack my suitcases to bursting, but then only wear a few of the same things the whole trip.

And don't get my started on how many times I've had to buy a new piece of luggage there just to get all my souvenirs home lol!
I hear ya! If I attempt to pare down, I will end up not packing something I'll need. Such as, last August or it could have been June or July, but some time last summer, I was paring down, and only took my 2 pairs of Birkenstocks sandals along with a pair of tennis shoes. Well, I know Disney in summer...and WHY did I not think I'd need water friendly shoes? Wet birkenstocks are just plain yucky!! I bought some water shoes at Blizzard Beach, but that was cause I nearly burned my feet off. Not having been to a water park in more than a decade, I forgot about hot pavement. Luckily, Disney is right there ready to sell me some!

In November, I brought shorts, capris and a skirt and the only jeans I brought were the ones I wore in the car...and no coat, I didn't think I'd need it south of VA, so I just brought a blanket in the car. So, I ended up having to wear my one pair of jeans over and over!! It was just so cold...and I only had one hoodie. I had looked at photos of previous Thanksgiving trips and determined that we were mostly shorts...but not in 2012!! In the winter, you need to bring everything!

Although...since Starbucks came out with VIA, I stopped bringing the Tassimo. I also have stopped bringing the margaritaville machine and the blender. Margaritas just taste better at EPCOT.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #2427
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767

I hear ya! If I attempt to pare down, I will end up not packing something I'll need. Such as, last August or it could have been June or July, but some time last summer, I was paring down, and only took my 2 pairs of Birkenstocks sandals along with a pair of tennis shoes. Well, I know Disney in summer...and WHY did I not think I'd need water friendly shoes? Wet birkenstocks are just plain yucky!! I bought some water shoes at Blizzard Beach, but that was cause I nearly burned my feet off. Not having been to a water park in more than a decade, I forgot about hot pavement. Luckily, Disney is right there ready to sell me some!

In November, I brought shorts, capris and a skirt and the only jeans I brought were the ones I wore in the car...and no coat, I didn't think I'd need it south of VA, so I just brought a blanket in the car. So, I ended up having to wear my one pair of jeans over and over!! It was just so cold...and I only had one hoodie. I had looked at photos of previous Thanksgiving trips and determined that we were mostly shorts...but not in 2012!! In the winter, you need to bring everything!

Although...since Starbucks came out with VIA, I stopped bringing the Tassimo. I also have stopped bringing the margaritaville machine and the blender. Margaritas just taste better at EPCOT.
Oh my gosh you sound exactly like me and my siblings! Once my sister didn't pack a single thing warmer than a tank top - guess who had to buy a hoodie before we even got on the plane to fly to FL. Another summer I thought "what if there's a cold day??" and packed a coat that never left the suitcase. When I was there last week it was a nightmare - some days were below 50F in the mornings, other days it went up to 78F mid-day, and I had no plans to go back to the room. Some days I was wearing Uggs while everyone wore flipflops, other days I was shivering in a skirt while everyone else had gloves on. I'm not good at weather-planning, that's for sure!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #2428
Billy Sims
Earning My Ears

Secret Shame is ... fun!

1. I have never visited WDW as an adult until a handsome coworker dude told me he LOVED WDW! Poof - many trips to WDW followed - I am just...that...shallow.

2. I became a AKL groupie and spend silly amounts of $$$ twice a year.

3. The coworker and I are no longer in contact - so now all my trips are solo... and I love it!!!

So selfish (and happy) am I!!!

Billy Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #2429
sthrnbelle
Earning My Ears

You won't get flamed here right? Well I'll bite...

* I don't get why everyone loves The Lion King. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it's not. It just seems people favor it over everything else.

* Aside from the Toy Story trilogy I think Disney sequels are unnecessary, especially the straight to DVD ones.

* I went to see High School Musical 3 and Hannah Montana the movie in theaters. Excluding the parents I was the oldest one there. (FYI I'm 27).

* I find myself watching Disney Channel and sometimes Disney Junior- I have no children and no younger siblings.
sthrnbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #2430
TinkerFace
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Rapunzel View Post
I was touched by Micky Mouse. Kind of inappropriately I think.
I bet it was the other way round really.
TinkerFace is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: