Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #2281
melmathis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Speaking from experience, you'll give up all of those feelings once you have had kids. You'll want to see the excitement in their eyes and share in their joy of Disney. Of course you'll want your own 'private kind of fun' as well, but that's when you go with more than your immediate family and spell each other with kids so you can still enjoy you 'me' time.
soo true, most of the time i am watching my childs expression instead of watching what is going on
melmathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #2282
Jersette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak

I couldn't agree more! I really don't want to offend the Tink-lovers out there (and I'm donning on my flame suit), but to me she's kind of a ... Walmart character. She's like the Tweety Bird of Warner Bros.
This. I'm all Tinked out.

My shame? I only really like "Steamboat Willie"/Ub Iwerks era Mickey. That rodent had spunk and was cool looking. New Mickey is just a cartoon mouse.
Jersette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #2283
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherspark View Post
I am kind of grossed out by the turkey legs...

Oh, that feels better
I was SO excited to get one years ago because they smelled SO GOOD...turns out I hated it! Never again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyInWonderland View Post
I have never ridden Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Expedition Everest and because I don't like roller coasters I never will!
Splash isn't really a roller coaster though! Just a few hills. It's a shame you're missing out, it's so relaxing and a long!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #2284
solpo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I was SO excited to get one years ago because they smelled SO GOOD...turns out I hated it! Never again!

Splash isn't really a roller coaster though! Just a few hills. It's a shame you're missing out, it's so relaxing and a long!
The thing about Splash is that it has a fully exposed drop, plus you aren't heavily restrained. I love roller coasters, but Splash Mountain is an okay-to-miss for me.

I would say that Space Mountain is a great roller coaster for non roller coaster lovers, though. Not only does it not have any real drops, but since it's in the dark, you aren't aware of the track and its layout. You experience it more as a serious of fun and thrilling sensations than as a drop, hill, curve, etc.
solpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #2285
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

* Never done Jungle Cruise (even though EVERY time I promise I'll do it)
* Don't really like the parades!
* Don't Like Dole Whips!
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!

Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #2286
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Parades are boring would rather be playing Buzz Lightyear Spin.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #2287
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

I own 100 Disney World shirts every trip I took I had to buy differnt ones.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #2288
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
I own 100 Disney World shirts every trip I took I had to buy differnt ones.
I have way more Disney shirts than I should but, what is really shameful is how many Disney pins I have!!! OMG It is ridiculous! And, I got 50 more off e-bay for $25 to trade when I go to Disneyland this month!!!

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #2289
Marillawen
Earning My Ears

I like this! I'll stay far away from the "I hate this" though. I may not like everything in Disney World but...hate? Nah.

1: I always tear up when I read or hear "Welcome home" by Disney CM or on the website. Coming from someone who rarely cries in movies and such...yeah.
2: I brought my childhood plush toy with me during our first trip. Watching the Toy Story Trilogy two days before leaving surely didn't help that one, but I'm glad I did!
3: We love the Jungle Cruise so much that we rode it back to back for an hour long, laughing at the jokes as the poor skippers were amused/somewhat shocked by us
4: I always wear a crown at WDW.
5: I'd do a whole lot of things to be able to be a dancing CM one day during my trip. :
6: I often study the princesses' dresses way up close, same for CM. I even stayed 15 minutes in the shop where the Mary Poppins white dress replica is, lifting it and studying it. I was so surprised the CM never said anything bad to me that I thanked him on my way out, blushing!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #2290
daly7o9
An hour from WDW

I don't like Dole Whips.
I've been known to wear a fanny pack.
I love Stacy.
I've never seen a rope drop.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #2291
Leota
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daly7o9 View Post
I don't like Dole Whips.
I've been known to wear a fanny pack.
I love Stacy.
I've never seen a rope drop.
Bwahaha Stacey grew on me too! I never liked Krista or Stacey, much preferring the old Zippity Do Da, Tip for Today. But the other night I was here listening to WDW Touring radio & she came on. I cranked it up. My girlfriends told me I must be missing WDW an awful lot to like Stacey!

Funny, I start liking her after we bought a house down there & won't see resort TV much anymore......

Oh, there's a shameful Disney secret. We love WDW so much that we bought a house down there for retirement. Our next visit to the Mouse will be in our own home instead of a hotel room.
*~* Offsite 1973 ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins 1993,1995,1998 ~Disneyland, Offsite, 1997,1998 ~ All-Star Sports 1999 ~ Beach Club 2000 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2001 ~ Polynesian/Coronado Springs 2001 ~ Dolphin 2001 ~ Swan 2004 ~ Grand Floridian, Happy Haunts 2004 ~ Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 ~ PO French Quarter 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge / Swan 2005 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Dolphin 2007 ~Dolphin 2007 ~ Dolphin 2008 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2010 ~ Wyndham Lake Buena Vista 2011 ~ Windsor Hills 2011~ Swan 2012 ~ Bonnet Creek 2013 ~ Home from now on! *~*

Making our Florida Dreams Come True
Move In Day: June 10th, 2013.... Finally!!!

Leota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #2292
awoogala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I love the H20 soaps and shampoo that they have at the Beach club Resort. The maid helped with my hoarding by leaving plenty of extras everyday.

We also have a nice tradition of buying a glass Disney mug for every new family member that comes along. They are personalized with their names so that when we have big family dinners, everyone has their own mug.
I hoard them too! I even have my friends bring them back from their trips (they don't like it) I usually have a stash that lasts me until the next disney trip to restock! Everyday I smell it, and it brings me right back to disney!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #2293
Jersette
Earning My Ears

I just thought of another shameful secret: I'm reallyreallyREALLY glad that Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique thingy didn't exist when my DD was at their target age. It just bothers me with its over the top indulgence, I guess. Says a mom who has probably bought her every stuffed animal Disney put out in the last couple of decades.
Jersette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #2294
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I have way more Disney shirts than I should but, what is really shameful is how many Disney pins I have!!! OMG It is ridiculous! And, I got 50 more off e-bay for $25 to trade when I go to Disneyland this month!!!
Where do you buy your pins from on Ebay? I want to get into pin trading on my solo trip next year but I'm hesitant about getting non official pins from someone on Ebay!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #2295
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
Where do you buy your pins from on Ebay? I want to get into pin trading on my solo trip next year but I'm hesitant about getting non official pins from someone on Ebay!
Search the "lots"
i have bought a couple of them from there and they were awesome no duplicates ... Hummm good idea for stocking stuffers!!!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: