Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #1726
passporterfan13
Disney-Loving Nerdfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerlilly View Post
Hehe.
* I've secretly wanted to ditch whoever i was with at the parks and wander around alone.
1 solo Disney day this summer! It'll be awesome to do whatever I want to do. Like ride Test Track over and over and over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhopkins213 View Post

3. If I had a daughter she would probably hate me. I would have her dressed like a princess while at WDW.
I plan on doing the same thing to any future kids I may have. Boys can be pirates. Girls too actually. I just like pirates.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1727
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhopkins213 View Post

4. I should probably get help but I tend to cry at most Disney movies, or at the fireworks show and also cried when Mickey hugged me.

5. I love being Solo and getting to do everything I want to do at the parks.

Also parents yelling at there kids at WDW notcool.com
I thought I was the only sap who cried at Fireworks!!! (And several Disney movies make me cry.)

and in 4 sleeps I will be going for 9 SOLO DAYS!!!
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #1728
jiligahamo
Earning My Ears

hoho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post
I have never seen DUMBO!

Anyone else?
me !
jiligahamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #1729
benolathe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post
I have never seen DUMBO!

Anyone else?
OMG - you have to watch Dumbo. Check it out from your library and watch. It is such a sweet movie. And it brings fond memories for me, as it was my son's absolute favorite as a toddler. It is just over an hour long, and would entertain him for that amount of time while I was busy with his new-born baby sister. BTW, those two are now 21 and 18 years old.
Disneyland (January 2004)
WDW (Dec 2009) [NYE was fabulous!]
Disneyland for CTMH Convention (July 2011)
benolathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #1730
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Sounds Dangerously I find painfully dull

Did not think that Chef Mickey's was great

The BIG ONE........when I was young (very young and stupid) I thought Snoopy was better than Mickey!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #1731
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

as a young child I loved Snoopy and Raggedy Ann & Andy, but I was totally in love with The Mickey Mouse Club!! I wanted to be just like Annette! Too bad I couldn't sing!

I'm terrified on drops so I can't steel myself to go on any of the major coasters (can do Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain(which took years to work up to--even though I went on as a child). Never did Space Mountain or Expedition Everest, and wouldnt EVER consider Tower of Terror!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #1732
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I'm terrified on drops so I can't steel myself to go on any of the major coasters (can do Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain(which took years to work up to--even though I went on as a child). Never did Space Mountain or Expedition Everest, and wouldnt EVER consider Tower of Terror!
I find splash mountain to be much worse drop wise than space mountain.

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #1733
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singledad View Post
I find splash mountain to be much worse drop wise than space mountain.
Really!! Hmmmmm Before I finally went on splash mountain, I watch it on youtube on some peoples videos over and over, to find the point at which it was scary. I discovered that was as it is cresting the hill upward just as it comes out of the "cave" before the final drop. So I decided to close my eyes so I couldn't see the distance. Once it went down, I could open my eyes again and it was so short. It was that feeling that the log was up in the air, probably from seeing the tiny people in the crowd below.

there are no videos of space mountain that I could find because its dark. I wasn't sure if that would make it scarier since I couldn't anticipate the drops. If the drops are no worse than say, Thunder Mountain, then maybe I'd try it.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #1734
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
there are no videos of space mountain that I could find because its dark. I wasn't sure if that would make it scarier since I couldn't anticipate the drops. If the drops are no worse than say, Thunder Mountain, then maybe I'd try it.
starts out dark, but the ride itself has the lights on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nm8teZcbJM

space mt doesn't have the big drop like splash does. and since it is dark, you can't see the drops, only feel them, and they really don't feel even close to that big one on splash. that splash one makes me feel like i am about to float out of the seat. never felt that in space.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #1735
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
starts out dark, but the ride itself has the lights on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nm8teZcbJM

space mt doesn't have the big drop like splash does. and since it is dark, you can't see the drops, only feel them, and they really don't feel even close to that big one on splash. that splash one makes me feel like i am about to float out of the seat. never felt that in space.
SWEET!!!! Its that fly out of the seat feel that I get going over the "cliff" on Splash that turns my tummy upside down. If Space Mountain isn't like that... then I should be able to handle it. I can handle Thunder Mountain. Goofy's Barnstormer doesn't have big drops either, but it jerks you around so you get whip lash! You'll have to wait til August to find out if I don't chicken out!

Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #1736
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
SWEET!!!! Its that fly out of the seat feel that I get going over the "cliff" on Splash that turns my tummy upside down. If Space Mountain isn't like that... then I should be able to handle it. I can handle Thunder Mountain. Goofy's Barnstormer doesn't have big drops either, but it jerks you around so you get whip lash! You'll have to wait til August to find out if I don't chicken out!
you do jerk around a little bit because you can't see to lean the right way ahead of time, but seriously, if you have rode those, you can ride space mt.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #1737
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
you do jerk around a little bit because you can't see to lean the right way ahead of time, but seriously, if you have rode those, you can ride space mt.
Then I will be trying it in 95 days!

Old 05-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #1738
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then I will be trying it in 95 days!
go you go!

Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 AM   #1739
Iron Mouse
Mouseketeer

I hate Dumbo, Bambi and Pinocchio. LOL. I don't know why I just can't stand those three movies.

Oh and this one isn't really a secret but people find it strange that my favorite ride at MK is Carousel of Progress. LOL. I can't help it! It just makes me feel so fuzzy!

We are ready to take on the world!
Iron Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #1740
Joyce_Belle
Faith, trust and a little bit of pixiedust.

- I'm almost 21 and my favourites are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Winnie the Pooh (the old cartoons/movies). But ofcourse I LOVE the movies too, but just before I go to sleep I love to watch MMC and/or WTP.
- Everytime I visit Disneyland Paris I could cry when I walk in and see main street and the castle. I'm sure I'll cry when I walk into WDW next year, as it is a long cherished dream. Oh, and with fireworks too.
- I'm going to Disneyland Paris with my boyfriend and an other couple next month. I don't like it that much that the other couple is going with us, while it seemed great when first planned.

"Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight,
We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do, and all our wishes will come true!"

Me(21) Boyfriend(23)
See my Disneyland Paris videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sweet0joyce
Joyce_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: