Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #1681
Disney Cat
What does an actor want with a conscience, anyway? ** I'd rather be smart than be an actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
Forgive me disers for I have sinned...again...this past weekend...and therefor must add to my long list of shameful secrets.

I parked at the Fantasia Mini-Golf Course so that I could park for free when I couldn't remember the name of the ts restaurant at the boardwalk.

feeling nostalgic, I lied to the POR security dude, said I had a dinner ressie at boatwrights, and caught the boat to DTD. It get's worse. On the return ride back to POR, a really sweet lady in a wheelchair started asking me about my stay at POR, i.e. what location, doncha just love it, etc. Instead of being honest, I made up some answers... "Oak Manor, Ma'am." "Of Course."

Overhearing my conversation, the kind, no reason to think I'm a fraud - single dad sitting behind me offered his two cents and an invitation to drinks after we docked.
Actually, I'm not entirely a fraud- I declined the offer.

I'm seriously going to hell.
Ok, NOW your talking shameful secrets! Wohoo!

A) Sometimes, when I go to park at Disneyland, I tell the parking attendant that I am meeting relatives in the RV area and they let me park on the ground level, which is awesome! Or....

B)...if the attendant isn't looking, I drive through the cones (another plus to a small car) and drive around to closer parking.

and the BIG one......

C) On more than one occasion, I have gone to WDW and not told ANYONE in my immediate family. (Don't worry, no husband or kids to deceive). I just call my family members a few times during my stay (mindful of the time difference) and say things like "Yeah, my day was good. Nothing new happening at work to speak of. How is your day going?" I am not actually lying, just not being totally forthcoming.

I may be going to hell, too. Do you think we will see Mr. Toad in his automobile in HELL???
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #1682
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
... 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea!

I am totally envious of you of this one. I saw this ride before it was removed, just sitting there... waiting for someone to let us ride... I remember this very strongly from my childhood trip(s). I didn't know why they had that just wasting away there. It looked liked SO MUCH FUN!

So.. was it?

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #1683
Sukhbir
To Infinity and Beyond

I have never been to Walt Disney World . I know, its shameful. I hope to go soon , though and experience the magic of WDW for myself. ::
Old 04-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #1684
Madisonsmom45
Mouseketeer

Talking Shame Shame Shame

I see far more big kids (adults) having meltdowns, than the little ones they have in tow. I chuckle over this.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. The power of freedom of thought.
To all on their up coming vacations to the pixie dust capitol. Have fun.
POR 2007 Dec
POR 2009 Sept 9-9-09 to 9-18-09 with free dining and MNSSHP
POR 2010 Aug 26 to Sept 5 with free dining
POR 2011 Aug 26 to Sept 4 with free dining
POR 2012 Aug 24 to Sept 2 (Hopefully free dining)
Madisonsmom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #1685
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I get emotional when thinking about WDW or seeing pictures of it. Well the MK more so than others.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:21 AM   #1686
princessdawn2011
Mouseketeer

:)

Adults only day would be wonderful or at least w/o large groups of unsupervised kids (cheerleaders, class trips, HS band, athletic teams).

Fall asleep on "small world" all the time.

Night-time shows (wishes, illuminations, the new memories display)
& any cool Disney story or blog make me cry. Tears of joy!
princessdawn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:34 AM   #1687
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessdawn2011 View Post
Adults only day would be wonderful or at least w/o large groups of unsupervised kids (cheerleaders, class trips, HS band, athletic teams).

Fall asleep on "small world" all the time.

Night-time shows (wishes, illuminations, the new memories display)
& any cool Disney story or blog make me cry. Tears of joy!
I've actually come close to falling asleep on "It's a Small World." Although it's a classic and have ridden it every time I've been.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #1688
Disneyfan71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Cat View Post
Ok, NOW your talking shameful secrets! Wohoo!

A) Sometimes, when I go to park at Disneyland, I tell the parking attendant that I am meeting relatives in the RV area and they let me park on the ground level, which is awesome! Or....

B)...if the attendant isn't looking, I drive through the cones (another plus to a small car) and drive around to closer parking.

and the BIG one......

C) On more than one occasion, I have gone to WDW and not told ANYONE in my immediate family. (Don't worry, no husband or kids to deceive). I just call my family members a few times during my stay (mindful of the time difference) and say things like "Yeah, my day was good. Nothing new happening at work to speak of. How is your day going?" I am not actually lying, just not being totally forthcoming.

I may be going to hell, too. Do you think we will see Mr. Toad in his automobile in HELL???
Oh you are too funny But I like that.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #1689
Disneyfan71

My other shameful secret. I am probably one of the few who actually miss Mr. Toads Wild Ride at the MK!

Old 04-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #1690
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We need to emphasize the fun we had that they never got to... and only because we're old. We got to swim in Bay Lake, we enjoyed River Country, we rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea! We saw the trolly or rode it. And we got to ride the Skyway from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland!!

And when I'm in the parks.... I'm pretty sure that my grey hairs turn black and my wrinkles smooth out!!
lol my husband still can't get over the fact that the skyway buckets are gone.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #1691
Joolish1313
DIS Veteran

I am jealous of all the people who live close enough drive to WDW in a few hours. Waiting for airfare to go on sale just stinks

I run for Disney, TAE!!2013 WDW Marathon, 2012 DL Half, 2012 Tower of Terror 10-miler, 2011 WDW Half Marathon and 2011 Wine & Dine Half

Visits1984 offsite,1990(Dixie Landings), 2001, 2002, 2003 (off-site Orange Lake); 2005 DL Paris, 2005 DL, 2005 WDW, 2006 (Carribean Beach & offsite, ENGAGED), 2007 (POP, DISNEYMOON), 2008 DL Paris, 2009(POP), 2010 (Pop), 2011 (Pop Jan & Oct), 2012 (Pop Feb & Oct), 2012 DL Sept (offsite), 2013 (Pop Jan), 2013 (Pop Feb Baby's 12 weeks along - 1st visit!)
Joolish1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #1692
MKCP1984
Always the Disney Dreamer

Quote:
We need to emphasize the fun we had that they never got to... and only because we're old. We got to swim in Bay Lake, we enjoyed River Country, we rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea! We saw the trolly or rode it. And we got to ride the Skyway from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland!!

And when I'm in the parks.... I'm pretty sure that my grey hairs turn black and my wrinkles smooth out!!
Ohhh the memories!!! Way back then, I remember swimming at River Country a few times, just a simple watering hole without all the hype. and the skyway was one of my favorites from my very first visit to WDW.

And a shameful secret re: Mr.Toads Wild Ride: At the very end of the ride, right before the car would approach and open the doors, my friends and I would SCREAM (like --terrified screaming!) So, the doors would open to the mass of waiting people (kids and all) and the panicked looks on their faces somehow amused us.
MKCP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #1693
MKCP1984
Always the Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolish1313 View Post
I am jealous of all the people who live close enough drive to WDW in a few hours. Waiting for airfare to go on sale just stinks
I totally agree!! and the gas is cheaper around WDW too compared to here in Chicagoland.
MKCP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #1694
Snickals
Australian Princess...in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlionheart78 View Post
1.) More of a rant here, but I hate it when people are geographically impaired. For example, when I was making my last trip, several of my co-workers were checking to see when it was I was leaving for Disneyland. My response: "Uhm, never (yet). I AM going to Disney WORLD, though." Them: "Whatever, same place." Even funnier is an old friend of mine from Iowa was telling me a story about some guy who was doing some protesting in Disney World in Anaheim. THAT, I knew was a lie but corrected her very quickly.
OMG I got and still get that one! The amount of times I have corrected people (generally the same people over and over)! I know it's just a mix up (although some people I talk to really think there is only one Disney) but it drives me nuts!!!
29 October - 11 December 2013 - Pop Century Resort first 3 weeks Pennsylvania for 3 weeks; experienced snow for first time!

Snickals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #1695
LuLu_5
Earning My Ears

I hate the parades and I don't like the musicals. I only use them to get out of the unbearable heat!
LuLu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: