Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #1666
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf212 View Post

i also don't like watching the pre show before the 3d muppet show it is way to long
I don't like pre-shows at all. It's a waste of time. Just put me on the freakin' ride already! Test Track is horrible for this. Yes. I know they accidentally pushed the crash test button. Again. There should be a line for those who have already seen the pre-show 43,208,288 times. Heck, I'll carry a certification card that says I have already seen it. I'll even pay $10 more a day just to not have to sit through another stupid pre-show.

The worst is Universal's Twister. A pre-pre-show, a pre-show and then an anticlimactic show. It takes 3 days to get through it.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #1667
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
I don't like pre-shows at all. It's a waste of time. Just put me on the freakin' ride already! Test Track is horrible for this. Yes. I know they accidentally pushed the crash test button. Again. There should be a line for those who have already seen the pre-show 43,208,288 times. Heck, I'll carry a certification card that says I have already seen it. I'll even pay $10 more a day just to not have to sit through another stupid pre-show.

The worst is Universal's Twister. A pre-pre-show, a pre-show and then an anticlimactic show. It takes 3 days to get through it.
Oh my GOSH...TWISTER!! I went to Universal for the first time in Jan. '11. I was so confused by that whole attraction. I didn't know what it was about and I was lost as to why we sat through a show, another show and yet another show. Twister was popular AGES ago....time to move that attraction out!

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #1668
dilligaf212
Mouseketeer

Quote:

dilligaf212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #1669
DaisyFoote
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
My Disney secret is.... I really only go for ME (my family/friends hound me for taking her so young, at 2 and now 4, saying she wont remember and etc.... and I'll i am thinking is... so what?? Its not for her, she just gets the perks of me wanting to go!!!)
When I read your comment I started trying to figure out what the initials ME stood for - I know MK is Magic Kingdom and I started thinking "Are there any rides - hmm." Then it finally hit me - oh, ME. OK
DaisyFoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #1670
tlionheart78
Mouseketeer

I've got two to add here.

1.) More of a rant here, but I hate it when people are geographically impaired. For example, when I was making my last trip, several of my co-workers were checking to see when it was I was leaving for Disneyland. My response: "Uhm, never (yet). I AM going to Disney WORLD, though." Them: "Whatever, same place." Even funnier is an old friend of mine from Iowa was telling me a story about some guy who was doing some protesting in Disney World in Anaheim. THAT, I knew was a lie but corrected her very quickly.

2.) I don't know where to rank this but you all be the judge. There are two Disney songs that have officially brought me to tears, mainly for the composition and and how moving and beautiful they are. "Beauty and the Beast" from the film of the same name and "I See the Light" from Tangled. True tear-jerkers.... CURSE YOU ALAN MENKEN!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 AM   #1671
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

1. I have routinely forced my DW to take off from work to meet me at Disney. We live in Ohio and she is a schoolteacher. Sorry kids Mrs. H needed a mental health extended weekend.

2. If the Philharmagic and Winnie the Pooh ride weren't in fantasyland. I'd never walk through that area.

3. I sit on parade routes and giggle at the adults having a meltdown. Seriously, your kid is tired and no they don't know how much you paid for this trip. They're kids it's free and magical. Go back to your hotel and chill.

4. I have fallen to the ground while walking on the tiger trek. I laughed and so did others.

5. I have and will continue to tear up when watching fireworks. There's something so right about that castle, the music, and the moment. I'm a 10-year veteran police officer and I am not ashamed to admit my soft side.

Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #1672
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyFoote View Post
When I read your comment I started trying to figure out what the initials ME stood for - I know MK is Magic Kingdom and I started thinking "Are there any rides - hmm." Then it finally hit me - oh, ME. OK
I thought the SAME THING!!!

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #1673
Mandyjg20
Mouseketeer

Ok here are mine
Never been on Tom Sawyer Island
Wants to go on solo trip without the parents or my little girl (selfish i know)
Have my Disney Wedding plan but no boyfriend
Have no idea what a dole whip is
On disboards all day while at work

Me (27), DD (7), DHubby2be (34)
Mandyjg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #1674
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

i don't think of winnie the pooh or the muppets as disney. winnie the pooh is like a step child and the muppets will always be jim henson to me...squatters on disney property.

i've only been in the little houses in toon town once (my kids were bored to death so we didn't do it again) we only went back over there for goofy's barnstormer and the princess meet and greet hall. so loosing it isn't that big a deal to me.

i don't get the whole circus thing with the new expansion. i like disney because it moved away from being like a circus. the dinoland in animal kingdom is already to much like that. i like that disney moved away from that feel before (yes i'm old enough to have gone in the days when you could only ride, for instance, pirates once unless you bought more tickets) i like having one card that says do what you want as many times as you want.

i've been to disney probably 30 times since 1972 and have never had a dole whip but i do remember when they had orange juice in those little plastic oranges.

and i really need to know why is it that nestle's hot chocolate only tastes good when you're at the after hours christmas party in mk and not when you make it at home?
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #1675
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilQueenT View Post
. . . and i really need to know why is it that nestle's hot chocolate only tastes good when you're at the after hours christmas party in mk and not when you make it at home?
That is so true!
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #1676
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl

Quote:
What about Soarin' with good ol' Patrick?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #1677
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:

i i do remember when they had orange juice in those little plastic oranges.

and i really need to know why is it that nestle's hot chocolate only tastes good when you're at the after hours christmas party in mk and not when you make it at home?
Oh my gosh!! I had forgotten all about those little plastic oranges with juice in them!! I had those as a kid too! We're ooold...

Yeah, EVERYTHING tastes better at WDW... they sprinkle everything with Pixie Dust!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #1678
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

lol mindy5767 you hit it right on the head...we're getting old although i still can't figure out HOW that's happened thank goodness the pixie dust makes everything better when we're in the parks.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #1679
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
lol mindy5767 you hit it right on the head...we're getting old although i still can't figure out HOW that's happened thank goodness the pixie dust makes everything better when we're in the parks.
We need to emphasize the fun we had that they never got to... and only because we're old. We got to swim in Bay Lake, we enjoyed River Country, we rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea! We saw the trolly or rode it. And we got to ride the Skyway from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland!!

And when I'm in the parks.... I'm pretty sure that my grey hairs turn black and my wrinkles smooth out!!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #1680
Disney Cat
What does an actor want with a conscience, anyway? ** I'd rather be smart than be an actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDee27 View Post

3. I sit on parade routes and giggle at the adults having a meltdown. Seriously, your kid is tired and no they don't know how much you paid for this trip. They're kids it's free and magical. Go back to your hotel and chill.

Dee
Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!! Go back to your room and TAKE A NAP!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: