Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #1621
passporterfan13
Disney-Loving Nerdfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I'll go on Thundermountain railroad... only if I'm in the mood.... and I've really have been wanting to try Primeval Whirl at AK, but you couldn't PAY me to go on EE or RnR!
I don't do rollercoasters, but I went on RnR 3x in one night. The suspense was the worst part. After that I loved it.

What's EE? I've been trying to figure it out.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #1622
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by passporterfan13 View Post
What's EE? I've been trying to figure it out.
Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #1623
Narawen
Mouseketeer

I can't stand Stitch.

I'm a character lover but have never met a Princess (and it's not like I try to avoid them or anything...).

I like Ellen's Energy Adventure.

I'd be fine skipping DHS except for Fantasmic. I'm only spending a whole day there on the next trip because my mom enjoys it.

I tear up when I even hear the music on the new WDW commercials.
2010: Pop Century 2011: Coronado Springs
2012 : Coronado Springs October 2013: Last Minute Coronado Springs F&W Trip
Narawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #1624
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Im jealous that BBB doesnt have an adult package!
There is no age limit on those packages. So you *can* go to BBB and get your nails and hair done just like all the others. Only thing that is different is, you won't be able to find any adult costumes so the castle package is out.

above aside here is my current listings:

I had never even heard of a dole whip until I joined this board. Furthermore although I do plan on trying to go to the june 4th dole whip meet this year, I think I am not going to try the actual dole whip, and just get a root beer float (vanilla) instead.

I've never been on tom sawyers inland. I've wanted to go, I just either was with others that didn't, or I couldn't figure out where to go to get over there. I am trying to figure out if we can make it there in time to possibly find a brush this year.

I went on Dinosaur for the first time when I was a full blown teen... and spent the whole ride with my face buried in my dad's arm, nearly crying. WILL NOT GO AGAIN EVER! and I LIKE dino's... just not when they look/sound like they will EAT ME.

I always feel guilty about going to WDW. I think it has something to do with making less than 15k gross a year, and deciding to spend my tax refund on a trip to WDW, rather than pay off pass debts. I always think, I will always have bills and debts, I won't however always be healthy enough to enjoy the trip, and have a little girl who will help me enjoy it. (Note how DD is second to my enjoyment of the park? such a selfish dad? ) This is why I always try to convince people it doesn't cost as much as you think for a trip to WDW. (and it doesn't, not really. esp when it is just you and one kid.)

Someone had mentioned the 'big birds' in frontierland... well, I still am amused at how terrified the CM working the snack cart was of this bird. -.-' I will however give her kuddos for managing to keep a smile on her face...

Photo taken moments before she noticed the bird:

I spend HOURS on dis daily. but mainly just checking to see if anyone posted anything new in the boards I read.

Oh, and I am sorry my kid randomly hugged you, or tried to kiss your hand. seriously, I am chronically "yelling" at her for this, and even if you say it is no big deal, it is to me.

Oh and the kids that sit on the chains and and climb on railings make me . Not only is this a safety issue, and disrespectful of the park... I don't want their dirty shoes to keep kicking me (on the other side of that chain/rope) nor do I want to have to spend the next half hour explaining and reexplaining to my DD why your kids are allowed to do it, and not her.

oh, and I am now scared I won't find food I like to eat at most of my ADR, because most of the food pictures of adult food looks too 'fancy'/weird for me.

oh, and the dirty looks for having a young child out past 'bedtime' (8pm). I am a third shifter who is allergic to the sun. My hours, and thus my child's hours are not the same as yours. 10pm is NOT necessarily late.

okay done for now

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594

Last edited by Singledad; 03-18-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: fixing a smilie
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #1625
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singledad View Post
There is no age limit on those packages. So you *can* go to BBB and get your nails and hair done just like all the others. Only thing that is different is, you won't be able to find any adult costumes so the castle package is out.

above aside here is my current listings:

I had never even heard of a dole whip until I joined this board. Furthermore although I do plan on trying to go to the june 4th dole whip meet this year, I think I am not going to try the actual dole whip, and just get a root beer float (vanilla) instead.

I've never been on tom sawyers inland. I've wanted to go, I just either was with others that didn't, or I couldn't figure out where to go to get over there. I am trying to figure out if we can make it there in time to possibly find a brush this year.

I went on Dinosaur for the first time when I was a full blown teen... and spent the whole ride with my face buried in my dad's arm, nearly crying. WILL NOT GO AGAIN EVER! and I LIKE dino's... just not when they look/sound like they will EAT ME.

I always feel guilty about going to WDW. I think it has something to do with making less than 15k gross a year, and deciding to spend my tax refund on a trip to WDW, rather than pay off pass debts. I always think, I will always have bills and debts, I won't however always be healthy enough to enjoy the trip, and have a little girl who will help me enjoy it. (Note how DD is second to my enjoyment of the park? such a selfish dad? ) This is why I always try to convince people it doesn't cost as much as you think for a trip to WDW. (and it doesn't, not really. esp when it is just you and one kid.)

Someone had mentioned the 'big birds' in frontierland... well, I still am amused at how terrified the CM working the snack cart was of this bird. -.-' I will however give her kuddos for managing to keep a smile on her face...

Photo taken moments before she noticed the bird:

I spend HOURS on dis daily. but mainly just checking to see if anyone posted anything new in the boards I read.

Oh, and I am sorry my kid randomly hugged you, or tried to kiss your hand. seriously, I am chronically "yelling" at her for this, and even if you say it is no big deal, it is to me.

Oh and the kids that sit on the chains and and climb on railings make me . Not only is this a safety issue, and disrespectful of the park... I don't want their dirty shoes to keep kicking me (on the other side of that chain/rope) nor do I want to have to spend the next half hour explaining and reexplaining to my DD why your kids are allowed to do it, and not her.

oh, and I am now scared I won't find food I like to eat at most of my ADR, because most of the food pictures of adult food looks too 'fancy'/weird for me.

oh, and the dirty looks for having a young child out past 'bedtime' (8pm). I am a third shifter who is allergic to the sun. My hours, and thus my child's hours are not the same as yours. 10pm is NOT necessarily late.

okay done for now
I absolutely agree with you on the kids who are 'allowed' to hang on the chains, etc. It drives me NUTS!!! Especially when children pull on the ropes which are put up for parades. I have almost lost eyes when those kids let go of the rope and it flies up when I am not expecting it. GEEZ

I wasn't aware that bedtimes applied when at WDW? Is that just me? I have seen parents with children who are absolutely freaking out because they are tired and should go to bed. But, when your child is happy and not fussing, forget bedtime. You're at WDW!

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #1626
disneywhirl
Earning My Ears

umm... well, i have this terrible phobia of costumed characters.

and i let myself get talked into breakfast at cape may... with the characters. i was told they only interact with little kids. all i had to do was focus on my meal... (don't make eye contact with minnie or goofy).

WRONG!!!

they seem to sense my fear. they were all over me like a cheap suit. confronting me at every turn. suddenly i was the center of attention... even the little kids taunted me.

i am so ashamed.
disneywhirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #1627
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

I HATED Illuminations and thought it was boring but LOVED Fantasmic and could watch it every night of the vacation and not get tired of it!

I was looking forward to meeting the characters so much but didn't even hug one or get my photo taken with one. DH was dead set against meeting the characters and ended up getting his photo taken with more than one.

I thought the Animal Kingdom was awful and had a horrible layout. I am thinking about not even going back on our next trip, but might schedule half a day so I can see FOTLK or Nemo for the first time.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #1628
asmit4
DIS Veteran

My husband and I are trying to conceive. He has refused to go to DW without a child since he thinks DW is a 'family thing'. I have been on the boards recently planning a trip for 3 years from now with our future child that I haven't even conceived yet.

I have spent hours in the past watching surprise DW trip presents on youtube and cried over and over. Some I've watched twice b/c they are so darn cute.

My mom has offered to buy us the baby furniture but I am considering asking for a 10 day '3-9 DW WP and more non expiring pass' for our child instead so he/she can enjoy 3 future DW trips. I'd rather she purchase 'an experience' for our child than furniture.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
November 2014-Wyndham Bonnet Creek
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #1629
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

*I love the first Pirated of the Carribean, but I HATE the 2nd and the third :S
* I hate the tinkerbell movies
* I prefer the 3rd Toy Story then the 1st and 2nd
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #1630
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

the Disney planning DVD intro makes me cry.
jackieinJuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #1631
MKCP1984
Always the Disney Dreamer

Whenever I hear the song "..when you wish upon a star..." I get goosebumps -- every time!!!

I've never been to AK. (maybe this year in July...)

And haven't been to a water park yet. (again, maybe this year.) We are usually so content with just relaxing at our resort.
MKCP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #1632
passporterfan13
Disney-Loving Nerdfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
I have spent hours in the past watching surprise DW trip presents on youtube and cried over and over. Some I've watched twice b/c they are so darn cute.
I'd never thought to do that before. I love the current commercials where the show the kids leaving, but never thought to look up more on youtube. I'm a little ashamed of how teary I just got watching some of them.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #1633
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCP1984 View Post
Whenever I hear the song "..when you wish upon a star..." I get goosebumps -- every time!!!

I've never been to AK. (maybe this year in July...)

And haven't been to a water park yet. (again, maybe this year.) We are usually so content with just relaxing at our resort.
I have yet to go to the water parks too. I am usually at WDW in the winter and it's just too cold to go swimming. I need the weather to be into the 90s for me to be comfy in a pool. I'm just too cold all the time. I plan on checking them out when I am in WDW in June next year.

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #1634
jess_marie
Earning My Ears

i have a few shameful secrets..

1. i've only been to the WDW two times, one with the marching band and the other with my family.

2. I have not been through all the parks completely

3. I cried at the end of Toy Story 3 but no one knows until now haha.

4. I'm thinking about going solo to WDW, but I'm scared!
jess_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #1635
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean134 View Post
I have yet to go to the water parks too. I am usually at WDW in the winter and it's just too cold to go swimming. I need the weather to be into the 90s for me to be comfy in a pool. I'm just too cold all the time. I plan on checking them out when I am in WDW in June next year.
I haven't been to the current water parks either! I went to River Country in 1984 and it was so much fun. Too bad its no more. If we manage to get to Disney this August, I will definitely do a water park day. The big question is.... Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.... not a big fan of heights so big water flumes scare me.. and I have a non-swimming DD8... so which would people recommend?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: