Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #1516
BrerVixen
Br'er Fox's biggest fan!

I adore the CBJ and the COP. They ARE Disney to me!

BrerVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #1517
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Orville View Post
I've honestly never met her in her person, but in pics, yes, she's VERY. But even better is that she's so much fun...so laid back and dorky (like me). And yes, she has posted here a time or two... But no stories. Yet.

Heatherbelle-- HAHAHAHA! I actually did run into a few people, which was so embarrassing. And I ran into a trashcan...and yeah, people noticed. I guess that means I can never again be that grumpy guy who wishes people would pay attention! Lol!
Hope she was worth being termed "THAT GUY" by a few people on your trip. You know? "THAT GUY" needs to watch what he's doing; or, "Mom, did you see 'THAT GUY?' run in to the trash can??"

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!

Last edited by HeatherBelle614; 01-18-2011 at 08:09 PM.
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #1518
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

I have always loved going to Disney, I also really really enjoy taking my daughter and seeing the magic in her eyes....

My Disney secret is.... I really only go for ME (my family/friends hound me for taking her so young, at 2 and now 4, saying she wont remember and etc.... and I'll i am thinking is... so what?? Its not for her, she just gets the perks of me wanting to go!!!)

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #1519
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
I spent the majority of a weekend at WDW talking to a new a friend...IMing. I only went on a handful of rides/attractions and walked around aimlessly in the parks because I wanted to talk to her more.
This is soooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #1520
Uncle Orville
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Hope she was worth being termed "THAT GUY" by a few people on your trip. You know? "THAT GUY" needs to watch what he's doing; or, "Mom, did you see 'THAT GUY?' run in to the trash can??"
She better be, because I'm pretty sure that trash can will never talk to me again. I think that bridge is burned... But yeah, I was "THAT GUY," and while I'm not proud, what can I say? I'm not complaining! But thanks so much for reminding me!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #1521
Uncle Orville
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
I have always loved going to Disney, I also really really enjoy taking my daughter and seeing the magic in her eyes....

My Disney secret is.... I really only go for ME (my family/friends hound me for taking her so young, at 2 and now 4, saying she wont remember and etc.... and I'll i am thinking is... so what?? Its not for her, she just gets the perks of me wanting to go!!!)
Lol, I'd be willing to bet that most parents on this board are nodding in agreement with you right now!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #1522
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Quote:
She better be, because I'm pretty sure that trash can will never talk to me again. I think that bridge is burned... But yeah, I was "THAT GUY," and while I'm not proud, what can I say? I'm not complaining! But thanks so much for reminding me!
That trash can was probably never worth it to begin with.

Some times, "THAT GUY" can be quite memorable!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #1523
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I want to add that after living in SoCal all my life within an approximate 30-45 minute drive of DL I only recently purchased an annual pass.
Gee, why am I not surprised.

Okay, I haven't chimed in in a while.

I grew up at Disneyland. except for the huge castle, I am just not that into MK.
I cannot and will not ever stand in line for Fantasmic at DHS.
My fave parks at WDW are AK (love animals) and DHS (it reminds me of old Hollywood at times).
TSM is fun but why wait in line?
I live here now so this is just a moot point but when I was traveling here from elsewhere I always felt that those that stayed off property didn't "get it". I mean, so what if I can only afford a value at this time, I would rather be on property at a value than off property at the Ritz Carlton.
I love Soarin, even though the movie is so familiar as to be almost a family video. . .lol.
World Showcase should be its own area. I think it should be open to the general public so that those who run it have the benefit of enjoying those who are not necessarily Disney people but love to "visit" other countries without the expense of traveling there.
Okay, enough for now. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #1524
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

I simply cannot put anything but Disney ringtones on my phones....
DisneyFairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #1525
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

I call Disneyworld "The Happiest Petri Dish on Earth," but I can't seem to stay away. Always looking forward to the next trip.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #1526
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Gee, why am I not surprised.

Okay, I haven't chimed in in a while.

I grew up at Disneyland. except for the huge castle, I am just not that into MK.
I cannot and will not ever stand in line for Fantasmic at DHS.
Not even with a Pyrate ????
My fave parks at WDW are AK (love animals) and DHS (it reminds me of old Hollywood at times).
TSM is fun but why wait in line?
I live here now so this is just a moot point but when I was traveling here from elsewhere I always felt that those that stayed off property didn't "get it". I mean, so what if I can only afford a value at this time, I would rather be on property at a value than off property at the Ritz Carlton.

I prefer off property LOL
I love Soarin, even though the movie is so familiar as to be almost a family video. . .lol.
World Showcase should be its own area. I think it should be open to the general public so that those who run it have the benefit of enjoying those who are not necessarily Disney people but love to "visit" other countries without the expense of traveling there.shhhhhhhhh just think of the increased line size.. what are you thinking..?? LOL
Okay, enough for now. . .
sorry just had to chime in..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #1527
DisneylandForever
At Walt's in DLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerVixen View Post
I adore the CBJ and the COP. They ARE Disney to me!
That's not shameful! CoP is my favorite Disney attraction of all.

What might be shameful though is the fact that I feel the need to ride it more than once per day during my trips. = /

DisneylandForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #1528
Frannie115
Mouseketeer

Love, love, love Animal Kingdom. Planning on 2 days there next time. We've been to the Bronx Zoo and National Zoo and they don't compare. Rode Mount Everest with son last year. Never again! Too wild for me. Of course my 11 year old son went 3 more times by himself. I find Epcot boring. Must go there with DS for Test Track though. OK, I'm in my 40's and my favorite ride at MK is Buzz Lightyear

1988 Hilton LBV; 1996 off-site; 2000 off-site; 2005 DCL; 2009 ASSp; 2011 CBR
Frannie115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #1529
ocean134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I spent the majority of a weekend at WDW talking to a new a friend...IMing. I only went on a handful of rides/attractions and walked around aimlessly in the parks because I wanted to talk to her more.
This calls for an 'awwwwwwww'

Multiple Visits up to 2005; Saratoga Springs 12/2006; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2008; Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/2009; ASMovies 10/2009; Coronado Springs 12/2009;Pop 1/2010; Pop/DCL-Magic/Universal 1/2011; POFQ 8/2011; Pop 1/2012; RCCL Cruise/POP/Disney Parks/POR 6/2012 ;Pop 2/2013; POFQ 2014 Disney and Universal; Disneyland, Paradise Pier Hotel 1/2014
ocean134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #1530
Altoqueenkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean134 View Post
This calls for an 'awwwwwwww'

Yes it is so cute.... Love blooming all over this board Is it my turn yet?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: