Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #1486
Mom of 3 Princesses
Mouseketeer

- I stigmatize people who wear Winnie the Pooh sweatshirts as people who are bored with their lives.

- I would like to shoot Eyeore and put him out of his misery everytime he complains.

- I think that The Hunchback of Notre Dame should NEVER have been made.

- I despise Pocohantas.. so much that we do not have that movie in our home.

- I get goosebumps every time I see the monorail... It goes someplace magic.

-I cry on the Small World ride.... EVERYTIME!

"We know who WE are!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2637062
Mom of 3 Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #1487
dizkneedreamers
Earning My Ears

-I tell my wife its ok that we never make it to expedition everest when its really not ok.
-I have to plan my next disney vacation as soon as I get back from the previous one to stay sane at work.
-I could live on turkey legs.
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #1488
Mousecreant
"The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does." — J.M. Barrie

I take all of my current (not currently) girlfriends to the parks and see how they do, and if they don't hold up to snuff then its time for the talk.
Mousecreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #1489
disneygirl1212
Earning My Ears

To be honest....

I didn't like the ride "Honey I shrunk the audience" I think i got so scared ( i really don't like 3d things) that I might have crapped myself on that ride.

Also I don't get Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
disneygirl1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #1490
Mousecreant
"The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does." — J.M. Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl1212 View Post
To be honest....

I didn't like the ride "Honey I shrunk the audience" I think i got so scared ( i really don't like 3d things) that I might have crapped myself on that ride.

Also I don't get Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Honey I shrunk the audience at WDW isn't there right now its Captain EO with Michael Jackson and it was directed by George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola so you know its gotta be good
Mousecreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #1491
disneygirl1212
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousecreant View Post
Honey I shrunk the audience at WDW isn't there right now its Captain EO with Michael Jackson and it was directed by George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola so you know its gotta be good
I love Captain Eo! I remember doing that at Disneyland when I was a little girl.
disneygirl1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #1492
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

- I am super-judgmental of the "princesses' " looks but keep it to myself.

- I am annoyed every time I see a blue-eyed Jasmine, every time

-I have no idea who that guy is riding that dragon during the nighttime lighted MK parade....I also don't know who the dragon is

-sometimes I really wish I had a good girlfriend with me at WDW, instead of DH...just so I could shop. I never got to enter one shop in Epcot during our last trip.

-those mickey rice crispie bars dipped in chocolate...taste like wax. The ones in different shapes, found in the resort gift stores are much better.

- I am very annoyed that "Song of the South" is nearly impossible to view. I had no idea what SM was all about until I read about the connection between the ride and that movie. WTH is a Brer' rabbit and where did that steam boat at the end come from?

- ever since I found the joys of driving to each park, I feel sorry for the bus-riders, even though they don't want my sympathy.

- I came on the DIS complaining about never getting a towel animal. Then, I got 4 on our last trip and I realized towel animals do not impart any magic and I was more worried about whether they counted against my overall towel count.

-my favorite place, on all property to take photos is Sunset Boulevard, in DHS...love the huge street posters on top of the buildings.

-I do DTD every trip...but I don't "get" DTD and aside from the free water taxi, don't like it much. The whole area around the La Nouba theater just feels weird, creepy and out of place, IMO.

-the icing on the cupcakes sold at the Main St. Bakery is wretched...blech

-Chef Mickey's is awful..loud, obnoxious, and can someone please clean the greasy finger/hand prints off that screen that separates the lower level from the upper?

-when the Mad Hatter actor is not into his role....he really stinks. That's one character where you better act nuts or go home.

-I like to point out odd things that are obviously maintained very well. The bear skin on the wall, to the right of the HDDR stage has vacuum marks on it...and so on...it's a fascination of mine.

Last edited by walkdmc; 01-12-2011 at 02:34 AM.
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #1493
distwins
Earning My Ears

I LOVE The Carousel of Progress, but have dozed off during the ride on more than one occasion
My friends and I once got caught sneaking our own Malibu Rum into Pleasure Island... we were 21, but it was waaaay cheaper to buy the virgin pina colada's and add our own booze (by the way, a big thank you to security for not kicking us out!!)

Too many vacations to count, but each one has been spectacular and MAGICAL!
DVC since 2002
distwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #1494
DisneyHonu
Mouseketeer

When I was reckless teenager during a high school band trip... I grabbed either Chip or Dale on the arm to get his attention.

He elbowed me back.
DisneyHonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #1495
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkdmc View Post
-

-I have no idea who that guy is riding that dragon during the nighttime lighted MK parade....I also don't know who the dragon is
The guy is supposed to be a boy and his name is Pete. The dragon is Elliot. They are from Pete's Dragon.
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #1496
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

I don't like Illuminations.

I couldn't care less if I ever saw Fantasmic again.

I hate the Stitch ride.

I only ride the Ellen ride to catch a nap in the AC.

I've never ridden the tea cups or Dumbo.

I don't get pin trading. If you see pins you like, buy them and keep them. Why buy something you like just to trade it? What's the point. But I don't get camping either so it's just me

I can't stand the Poly. All I can think of is the Brady Bunch episode when they're in Hawaii. It just seems so outdated to me.

I've never been to a rope drop and don't care too. I prefer getting the pre-opening character breakfast ADRs and being in the park before the crowd.

I think the matching family t-shirt thing is well, I can't think of a word for what I think. But I feel bad for the embarrassed kids, especially the teenagers who always have that mortified look on their face.

I hate when we stake out a front row spot for a parade, sit there for an hour, and someone who shows up 5 minutes before the parade starts someone wants me to get up so their kid can sit there. Yes, it's Disney and its "for kids" but you know what? It's for my kid too and I care enough about him seeing the parade that we sacrificed an hour of park time to sit here and get a spot. I also like to sit with him, watch his expression, and be there when the grabs my hand or arm in excitement. If I give my spot to your kid, I'll miss that. Show up early next time or expect to stand in the back.

I hate turkey legs, especially when a family of 4 is eating one on line for a ride, and is passing it around.

I make breakfast ADRs at Crystal Palace for me. Tigger is my man, even have the tattoo

I know what I'm eating at every restaurant 6 months before our trip thanks to making ADRs and checking menus. I'm already thinking of my scotch egg and fish and chips I'll be eating next trip and I can't even book the ADRs yet!

Last edited by ratlenhum; 01-13-2011 at 12:23 AM.
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #1497
jgipp2001
Earning My Ears

i had the biggest crush on princess jasmine!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #1498
nyc2theworld
I thought this hotel had anything anytime?

I only go to Animal Kingdom for EE, KS KRR.

Futureworld is boring to me.
nyc2theworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #1499
BDL
DIS Veteran

I was prompted to do a dance on the giant screen at Monsters Inc. Laugh floor and I did. I shook my money maker. And for the rest of the night, anyone that was at the show would yell "HEY! It's dancing guy!"

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #1500
pattibehan
Mouseketeer

I book my next trip when we check in for our current trip!!

I do overtime solely to pay for our trips..not to update our house, get a new car..NOPE, just for Disney!!

I agree..matching outfits make me feel embarrassed for the kids

I hate the Lights..Action..Whatever stunt show and can't figure out why anyone would stand in line for TSM

Me(57)DH(56)DS(18)DS(17)

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010(two trips), 2011 (three trips), 2012(three trips) 2013(three trips) 2014 (one down, one to go !)
pattibehan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: