Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #106
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Loved your Walk Down Memory Lane story..

Fanny Bags were all the Rage....Remember
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #107
AUdisfan
DIS Veteran

Trentmom, I saw where you posted that earlier in the thread, but I was too lazy to go back and find it to quote you. I can't believe it's been almost 10 yrs!

Thanks for letting me hang out with ya'll tonight. It's been fun! I've got to go to bed too.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #108
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUdisfan View Post
Trentmom, I saw where you posted that earlier in the thread, but I was too lazy to go back and find it to quote you. I can't believe it's been almost 10 yrs!

Thanks for letting me hang out with ya'll tonight. It's been fun! I've got to go to bed too.
Too funny

I know..10 years has flown by....Our wedding was in Nov, but we did not take our honeymoon until December(college)........

When was your honeymoon?

Have a good night

Sorry Blue...for Hijacking your thread for a min

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program
Old 03-25-2008, 12:38 AM   #109
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post

I just had to shove my face into a pillow so I wouldn't wake the rest of the house! That was some kind of funny!

I had purple parachute pants! Only one pair. But I had my share of mesh clothing and florescent garb. Lots and lots of hair spray. I even had Jellies shoes!
sorry.
purple? I didn't know barney was around back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Picture please!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Yes picture please!!

I once had a pair of Hammer pants. Why? I have no freakin' idea!!
I had hammer pants. I will ask my friend if she has pics of me in them,. she might.

Goodnight all.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:07 AM   #110
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Dang... I missed out on some fun times last night! It was an 80's extravaganza! By the way, I owned Jellies, fanny packs, AND Hammer Pants, too!!

Love the find under the washer. Makes me want to pull mine out right now!! Fun memories.. thanks for sharing!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 03-25-2008, 06:07 AM   #111
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Looks like there was quite a party here last night! DH and I went in 1997 too. It was the first time for both of us in quite a while - first grown up trip. We'd been married about a year - we stayed off-site. My biggest memory was going to Hoopdie Doo Revue - I'd gone as a kid and had wonderful memories of it. It was a lot of fun - once we found it! I'll have to look around for the picture - I think my mother-in-law might STILL have it on her refrigerator.

We walked around aimlessly with no plans. HDR was the only ADR we had. I remember that my boss at the time told me to go to the "steak place in Canada". Of course we tried, but without an ADR (I think it was priority seating at the time), we didn't get in.

Love the "Stop, collaborate & listen" sign - I'm going to email it to DH now.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #112
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hey I wear a fannypack at Disney But it's a Disney one and black ! But remember I'm OLD so I'm allowed !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-25-2008, 06:45 AM   #113
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Ok - caught up

Your plans look great. Love the sound of the carriage ride!

And your binder is awesome Very fancy schmancy. I think I'll hold off on starting my binder until I at least know the trip will be happening!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #114
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Wow you all were very busy posting last night. I had read trip reports till my eyes could no longer focus on anything non computer. Then I had to pull myself away and cook dinner and tend to the dogs and birds and one of the boys.

So then Mary comes home and the first thing I blurt out is ,"Guess what I read on the Dis boards today..." She is just like..."Oh please tell me... " That is sarcastic for here we go again.... So I did tell her that i am going to write a trip report and make a binder...how could i not have had a binder before ever... and make little Mousekeeping envelopes....

And today we are supposed to make our ADR's. I cheated though and sent a list to our IPO office. I know...I know... I took some of the excitement out of it.

Have a great day!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #115
longneckthree
Mouseketeer

I'm here!

me DH
DD20 DD17 DD14 DD12
DDog 5 DDog 10

2007-2011 POFQ,POR,CB,CS,BWI
BVC / THV 2012 DVC Now!
AOA 2013
AKL 2013

AKL / The Darkside 2015
Old 03-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #116
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I just had to quote you...

I too stayed at Dixie Landings in 98 for my Honeymoon and had to share....

Happy 10 years!!

Do you remember wearing like Hot pink and neon yellow together and think ya looked so cool

I had a TON of jellies, too
I also remember wearing hot pink and purple together.

Quote:
Loved your Walk Down Memory Lane story..

Fanny Bags were all the Rage....Remember
Thanks.
Oh yes, I remember!

Quote:

Glad you joined us!!

Quote:
Too funny

I know..10 years has flown by....Our wedding was in Nov, but we did not take our honeymoon until December(college)........

When was your honeymoon?

Have a good night

Sorry Blue...for Hijacking your thread for a min

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program
You're too funny. Hijacking is ok w/me. It's fun to wake up to more fun this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
sorry.
purple? I didn't know barney was around back then.

I had hammer pants. I will ask my friend if she has pics of me in them,. she might.

Goodnight all.
BARNEY???? HEEEYYYY!!!!!
There was a lot of purple around back then. Wonder what was up with that? There was also a lot of purple eye shaddow going around.
That would be a fun picture to see! I wish I had pics of that but I don't think I do. I'll have to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Dang... I missed out on some fun times last night! It was an 80's extravaganza! By the way, I owned Jellies, fanny packs, AND Hammer Pants, too!!

Love the find under the washer. Makes me want to pull mine out right now!! Fun memories.. thanks for sharing!
So nice to know I was not alone with my 80's wardrobe. I mean, people around here were wearing that but I often wondered if the rest of the world were actually wearing it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Looks like there was quite a party here last night! DH and I went in 1997 too. It was the first time for both of us in quite a while - first grown up trip. We'd been married about a year - we stayed off-site. My biggest memory was going to Hoopdie Doo Revue - I'd gone as a kid and had wonderful memories of it. It was a lot of fun - once we found it! I'll have to look around for the picture - I think my mother-in-law might STILL have it on her refrigerator.

We walked around aimlessly with no plans. HDR was the only ADR we had. I remember that my boss at the time told me to go to the "steak place in Canada". Of course we tried, but without an ADR (I think it was priority seating at the time), we didn't get in.

Love the "Stop, collaborate & listen" sign - I'm going to email it to DH now.
That is a perfect description for that trip "first grown up trip". I really felt so grown up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hey I wear a fannypack at Disney But it's a Disney one and black ! But remember I'm OLD so I'm allowed !!
Don't worry Rosie, I wore a fanny pack in 2007. This one was black and not some big nylon 80's brightly colored thing hanging from my waist. I didn't do a fanny pack this year but I guess if it would make my touring more comfortable I'd do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Ok - caught up

Your plans look great. Love the sound of the carriage ride!
And your binder is awesome Very fancy schmancy. I think I'll hold off on starting my binder until I at least know the trip will be happening!
Thanks for coming over!
I'm excited about the carriage ride.
Thanks about the binder.
I would wait too. At least until you start accumulating notes everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Wow you all were very busy posting last night. I had read trip reports till my eyes could no longer focus on anything non computer. Then I had to pull myself away and cook dinner and tend to the dogs and birds and one of the boys.

So then Mary comes home and the first thing I blurt out is ,"Guess what I read on the Dis boards today..." She is just like..."Oh please tell me... " That is sarcastic for here we go again.... So I did tell her that i am going to write a trip report and make a binder...how could i not have had a binder before ever... and make little Mousekeeping envelopes....

And today we are supposed to make our ADR's. I cheated though and sent a list to our IPO office. I know...I know... I took some of the excitement out of it.

Have a great day!
Binders are our friend!
Nothing wrong with cheating on the ADR's a bit. Whatever works!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #117
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckthree View Post
I'm here!
to my new PTR!
Glad you came over.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #118
AUdisfan
DIS Veteran

Our honeymoon was in Dec too! We got married on the 5th so we would have been there starting th 6th. DH also proposed to me in WDW.

Okay, so sorry Blue, I promise that's the last time I'll hijack your thread.

Boatwright's is pretty good, even though it's not real Southern food. We ate there in Feb. It would do in a pinch, since you're staying there. Did you decide where to eat that night?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #119
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Our honeymoon was in Dec too! We got married on the 5th so we would have been there starting th 6th. DH also proposed to me in WDW.

Okay, so sorry Blue, I promise that's the last time I'll hijack your thread.

Boatwright's is pretty good, even though it's not real Southern food. We ate there in Feb. It would do in a pinch, since you're staying there. Did you decide where to eat that night?
December, too...How funny

But we missed ya by a few weeks.....

December 25th thru January 8th

Blue...while you are there, you have got to hit I think it is called t he COTTON GIN at POR.....

Have the most fun Piano Player there...does drunk sing alongs....ya get the picture. ..but it is Disney ,so PG rated
Old 03-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #120
Shmu
DIS Veteran

So neat you found that ticket.
Wish I had a ticket from my first trip.
It was back in 1974

I love vintage pics.
Are you going to put more up?
Hope so.

Binder is looks good.
Mine needs help.
I have been neglecting it lately.