Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #76
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Thank you. You might be right. He and Scott seemed to have "followers" and I also noticed a Winkers in your group and doesn't Jordan carry around a flat Winkers? Is it the one and same?


Now off to sub to your trip report so i don't lose it already.
Oh yes, Scott and Jordan are very popular. The winkers here is the same as flat winkers. She has a PTR going right now too as well as a recently finished TR. The whole flat winkers thing is so funny. I can't wait to see what else Jordan posts with her. You will see in my TR that I got to meet Jordan & his crew including Flat Winkers, as well as EnglishRose47.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #77
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,631

Cool Find

That was when the castle was decorated like a pink bday cake....., ya remember
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #78
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: WI USA
Posts: 13,742
DISboards Moderator

After I moved your report Saturday, I read your links for 3 hours and finished. I'm glad you get to do-over. You will ove POR, make sure you stay in the Mansion section. I know many like the Outback, but I think the Mansions are prettier, plus, it is a easy walk over to POFQ.

Isn't it wierd how WDW things can pop up like that?

Did you figure out where you are going to eat? Sorry, I just read the links tonite? I would say skip Boatwrights-and find something in DTD.
OhMari is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #79
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

What a neat discovery! We were in Disney July 1997 for the 25th anniversary. Do you remember that pink castle? I almost cried when I saw it. Thank goodness that's a distant memory.
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #80
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder
 
MomsOf2boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Oh yes, Scott and Jordan are very popular. The winkers here is the same as flat winkers. She has a PTR going right now too as well as a recently finished TR. The whole flat winkers thing is so funny. I can't wait to see what else Jordan posts with her. You will see in my TR that I got to meet Jordan & his crew including Flat Winkers, as well as EnglishRose47.
That is too funny. When we did our cruises we had a huge Dis meet... several on the one cruise actually and it was nice to have instant friends all over. I think I will take Jordan's idea of LGMH's on my camera strap anyway.
__________________
Susan
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #81
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Cool Find

That was when the castle was decorated like a pink bday cake....., ya remember
Yes I do! I had no idea about it and was so excited for DH's first trip and we walked in and I was like "What the heck is that??" I had to keep assuring DH that the "wonderful castle" I kept talking about was under there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
After I moved your report Saturday, I read your links for 3 hours and finished. I'm glad you get to do-over. You will ove POR, make sure you stay in the Mansion section. I know many like the Outback, but I think the Mansions are prettier, plus, it is a easy walk over to POFQ.

Isn't it wierd how WDW things can pop up like that?

Did you figure out where you are going to eat? Sorry, I just read the links tonite? I would say skip Boatwrights-and find something in DTD.

Wow!!! Glad you took time to read my TR.
Yes, I'm super excited that we get a do-over trip.
I haven't requested a specific section as of yet.
I'm definitely skipping Boatwrights after looking at the menu. I'm from La and I can't say that a lot of that stuff is ANYTHING like what we cook over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
What a neat discovery! We were in Disney July 1997 for the 25th anniversary. Do you remember that pink castle? I almost cried when I saw it. Thank goodness that's a distant memory.
Yes, the pink cake/castle scared me!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
That is too funny. When we did our cruises we had a huge Dis meet... several on the one cruise actually and it was nice to have instant friends all over. I think I will take Jordan's idea of LGMH's on my camera strap anyway.
We were planning on doing a cruise in 2009, but now I think we may have to postpone that another year due to DH's schedule. That sounds like so much fun to have a DIS meet on the cruise.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #82
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,528

I can understand missing Boatwrights but if u get back to the resort early and still hungry go in for dessert. We did it and it was a fun time and delicious.
scottny is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #83
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Blue,

Nice find...It was like finding a time capsule.

Do you remember some of your memories from that trip?

Wendy, Derek and I went in 97. It was our 1st time staying at the Boardwalk Villas.......We ate soooooooo much that year. I gained 10 lbs.......We had a great trip...and we fell in love with the Epcot resort area.
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #84
jlindemer
Mouseketeer
 
jlindemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 493

Just saying hello and subscribing! I am hoping to go back and read your TR from Feb.

I you for getting to go again so soon!!! 68.2 days until we go!
jlindemer is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #85
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I can understand missing Boatwrights but if u get back to the resort early and still hungry go in for dessert. We did it and it was a fun time and delicious.
This sounds like something good to do after our carriage ride! Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindemer View Post
Just saying hello and subscribing! I am hoping to go back and read your TR from Feb.

I you for getting to go again so soon!!! 68.2 days until we go!
Thanks for coming aboard!
I'm so excited to go again.
Yours will be here before you know it!!
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 11:44 PM   #86
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,398

Memory Lane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Blue,

Nice find...It was like finding a time capsule.

Do you remember some of your memories from that trip?

Wendy, Derek and I went in 97. It was our 1st time staying at the Boardwalk Villas.......We ate soooooooo much that year. I gained 10 lbs.......We had a great trip...and we fell in love with the Epcot resort area.
You're right....time capsule! It instantly took me back. I almost cried.
Memories from that trip....wow!!

Ok here we go, it was DH's first trip ever. We had been married 3 years by that point. I bought the trip with my first paycheck at my new job. I went through a travel agent because back then we did not have a computer/internet, and I hadn't been since 1984 with my parents. I booked us less than 30 days in advance! The travel agent did my ADR's and I didn't know half of what she was talking about. There was no dining plan then as far as we knew. We only had one ADR because we only ate one TS meal the entire 5 days we were there. It was in Italy. We were more CS people back then.

We drove straight through to Orlando in one day. It took us 14 hours. By the time we got there we were not amused. We were so sick of being in the car we couldn't even see straight.
We flew by the seat of our pants for the entire trip. No plans what so ever. But back then we were much younger, much thinner, and much faster. We got a lot done! We stayed at the Grosvenor because that was the only place that had an opening since I booked less than 30 days in advance. This trip was before Animal Kingdom, and while River Country was still open. We chose to do Blizzard Beach instead. I wish we would have chose RC since it's closed now. Back then there were no big thrill type rides at WDW. I think the biggest "thrill" ride was Space Mountain or maybe Splash Mountain because of the drop. BTMRR wasn't too bad either. I do not remember ever riding Pirates of the Caribbean. I rode it for the first time last year (2007). I have no idea how we missed it before.

One night we went to Pleasure Island. Back then you needed a ticket to get in even on the streets. We checked out every single club there for at least a minute or two all the way down the street. We did the comedy club and then we danced 2 songs at 8-trax and then headed over to Maniquins for the rest of the night. We got a little (read-LOT) tipsy, then got on the dance floor which slowly spins and when we wanted to get off, we didn't know where we were because it put us in a different spot than when we got on. That was a fun night! We walked back to the resort.

When I found the ticket, all these thoughts came flooding back. Then I immediately thought "WOW what a difference between then and now!" Now I'm addicted to planning and we know SO MUCH MORE than we did back then. It made me smile, abandon the flood in the laundry room, and run to get my camera so that I could take a picture of my 1997 Walt Disney World ticket with my digital camera to send to my husband in email at work, and to post on the internet to my friends on the DIS. My, my, my how times have changed.

Here is a pic of DH back then. He would kill me if he knew I posted this. The fanny pack is red not pink. It's a scanned picture so it's dark and the colors are off. He would soooo kill me if he saw this.
I only have this on the computer because I just did a picture slideshow for his birthday. I will have to go look for the rest of these pictures tomorrow. There is one of me too except my fanny pack is blue. I can't believe we both wore fanny packs.

__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #87
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

It's so nice to look at photos from previous trips. And it's so different to travel without kids! A different experience completely.
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #88
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
It's so nice to look at photos from previous trips. And it's so different to travel without kids! A different experience completely.
A VERY different experience!!! I can't wait till tomorrow so that I can dig through those old pics. DS is sleeping and they are stored right by his room so I can't now and it's killing me!
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #89
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Thanks for sharing those memories.....

When Wendy and I went in 1991, we stayed on International Drive about 20 minutes from the park at Summerfield Suites....We went to Universal and ate offsite a few times..

PI back in the day was a bit crazy.............in a good way.

And DH with the fanny pack.......niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #90
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.
 
winkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: where am I and what am I doing in this basket??
Posts: 9,061

Love dh's fanny pack!
winkers is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: