Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #46
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Yes, of course. And we also let them know that the fridge in the garage is full of drinks and to help themselves.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #47
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Coconut36

Thanks for following the rule because I couldn't figure out WHY this thread got pulled up. But I see who did it now - that poster/all their posts seems to have poofed or something?
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #48
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Why would someone resurrect a thread this old just to gripe? Such bitterness.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #49
Metsfan520
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Coconut36

Thanks for following the rule because I couldn't figure out WHY this thread got pulled up. But I see who did it now - that poster/all their posts seems to have poofed or something?
They were a bit nasty on another thread, so I guess they got spanked & their posts went away.
Metsfan520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #50
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Absolutely. Here in NYC/CT you tip pretty much everybody for pretty much everything.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #51
EmJay2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan520 View Post
They were a bit nasty on another thread, so I guess they got spanked & their posts went away.
Yeah, I saw another post earlier on another thread. I think it is a troll trying to stir up trouble. My guess is they are doing the deleting, I am new here, but most boards don't like you to delete posts. Very hard to follow the thread with holes. They normally will band the user instead.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #52
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJay2001 View Post
Yeah, I saw another post earlier on another thread. I think it is a troll trying to stir up trouble. My guess is they are doing the deleting, I am new here, but most boards don't like you to delete posts. Very hard to follow the thread with holes. They normally will band the user instead.
No you can't actually delete your own post on the DIS. Only mods can do that -- and they do for those who get out of line, get points assessed, get banned.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #53
EmJay2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
No you can't actually delete your own post on the DIS. Only mods can do that -- and they do for those who get out of line, get points assessed, get banned.
Ah okay! Thanks for let me know! That is actually better, I once had a post deleted on another board with a well place kick by my yds when he was babe in arms
Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #54
Battleaxe882
Earning My Ears

Tips

Ok to be honest I'm a technician for d-tv for a while now. Now I'm not here to cry about how little we get paid, but we get paid just enough to get the TVs on. Its fairly simple. U want something done right. U pay for it. Again tip is not necessary but it in your best interest too do so. Like I said of coarse we get paid to do a job. The same price whether we there for an hour or 5 hrs. But you get what you pay for. Tipping makes your life easy. Smarten up people. I've never said this out loud but don't tip me. And no ones happy. Especially you the customer. Everything could be so easy.
Oh and I use every customers bath room.
Battleaxe882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #55
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleaxe882 View Post
Ok to be honest I'm a technician for d-tv for a while now. Now I'm not here to cry about how little we get paid, but we get paid just enough to get the TVs on. Its fairly simple. U want something done right. U pay for it. Again tip is not necessary but it in your best interest too do so. Like I said of coarse we get paid to do a job. The same price whether we there for an hour or 5 hrs. But you get what you pay for. Tipping makes your life easy. Smarten up people. I've never said this out loud but don't tip me. And no ones happy. Especially you the customer. Everything could be so easy.
this really makes me glad we ditched D-tv a couple years ago....
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #56
Metsfan520
DIS Veteran

This thread must keep popping up on google searches, because it's really old. And the posters bumping it up have a few posts and interesting user names.
Metsfan520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #57
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Those technicians are protected by a union, get their health benefits paid for, or at least a high percentage paid for, by their employer, they make a very high hourly wage and usually get tons of overtime. No, I don't tip them.

Certain professions are traditionally "tipped" professions, and certain others are not. Installers and repair people have never been in that first category.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #58
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut36 View Post
Then I assume you must tip the construction workers and laborers who build your home too, right? After all it's a dangerous job, it's not just sitting in a cozy salon or "just walking the street"? I can't tell you how many injuries my Dad received as a carpenter or helped with on the job site. How many walls have fallen and crushed someone while the home was being built.

Do you tip the police or firemen too? Their jobs are by no means easy or safe either. I don't get your logic that skilled labor job that requires heights/ladders = tip.

I tip in situations where the employee is likely to make less than minimum wage..pizza delivery, waitress, newspaper delivery or in situations like a hairdresser but I would not tip the cable installer or the plumber as those are skilled labor type jobs that often make decent wages.

I'd love for police, fire, EMS to be tipped. DH does all of them. . If he was tipped for just the calls in bad weather, middle of the night, working on someone high and combative, etc. he would do very well.

We usually tip servers, bell services, and occasionally massage therapists. I tip the hairdresser in December. DD was tipped well as a barista, which surprised me even. When she started working at the coffee shop, there was already a tip jar there. The manager said some people started asking if they accepted tips so she put the jar out. Not everyone tipped, and it was not expected, but DD sure was excited when she received them. We used to think it was interesting that the worst tippers were the wealthier people who went into the shop. The best tippers were others who provided services, such as the spa employees down the block or the tattoo artists who came in daily just before opening their shop for their caffeine and pastries.

But, tipping is out of hand. It seems we are constantly told we need to tip someone. I have never considered tipping a person who installs anything, plumber, roofer, or even the appliance delivery person.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #59
ilovepcot
Caused the first ever Tag Fairy thread edit for being naughty
Should be publicly Dole Whipped
Makes a scrumptious pot roast
Don't stick it out if you don't want to lose it

Quote:
Since a tip is customarily given *after* a service is performed, what do you do when a customer gives you a tip? Do you turn to them and say, "Oh wait, I didn't realize you were going to tip me. I did a really crappy job. Let me go and do the job better for you now that I've received a tip"? Don't tell me people are shoving money in your hand BEFORE you even begin a job. Oh, and I notice you have one post. Yeah.
ilovepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #60
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How much does it take to get proper grammar and spelling?
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: