Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 AM   #91
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBelle View Post
I couldn't figure out what post was from someone on my same cruise that you were referring to.

I have all my navigators in front of me so I will make sure I am giving the correct information:

Cruise March 22 - 29

Saturday - Cruise Casual
Sunday - Key West - Cruise Casual
Monday - At Sea, Formal, Master Chef
Tuesday - Supposed to be Grand Cayman but revised day at sea, Cruise Casual
Wednesday - Cozumel, Pirates IN the Caribbean
Thursday -At Sea, Semi-Formal, Captains Gala
Friday - Castaway Cay, Cruise Casual

To answer the question about have the menus changed? I don't know as this was our first 7 day. According to my Passporter, regular rotation is days 1 -3 with 3 being formal night. Formal night is the same but we didn't get our 3rd regular rotation until day 4. In the passporter, Day 4 was Master Chef so that is changed but since it was our 2nd time at Lumiere's, I guess it hasn't really change just when it occurs. Pirates was day 5 so that is the same. Captains Gala was day 6 so that is the same. In the rotation, we went twice to Lumiere's before going to Animators once PLLAPLA.
Thank you for the post and update.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #92
goofydadeo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew DEREK UK View Post
Thank you for the post and update.
Just got off the 3/29 Magic (Eastern). Dining rotations and Pirate night were all as previously published - APL, PLA and LAP (we had PLA), and Pirate Night was on night 4 (after leaving St. Maarten).

Also no engine problems whatsoever....

Sailed...
Disney Magic - 3/2008, 12/2004 (10-night Christmas), 4/2003, 11/2002, 5/2002, 11/2001
Disney Wonder - 12/2005, 10/2003, 1/2003, 8/2009
RCCL Voyager - 5/2004

DVC Member@ OKW since 1996

goofydadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #93
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Old 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #94
LOLA2
TINK
I never heard of not taking shells from a beach before!

I am also concerned as we do not want to attend Captains Gala on our Mexican Riviera. I am assuming for now it is on Formal night but still clueless
LOLA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #95
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom24Princesses View Post
SCREAM . . . . . .

Over planner here all stressed out.

I too planned Palo around what I thought were normal Western rotations - Tuesday Night for Palo.

Trekygirl26 - thank you for the head's up and the description above BUT what menu each night (LAP) their unique menus? What was the menu on night 3? Rotation Nights? Etc.!!??

I assume the 1st , 6th and 7th haven't changed at all. What about 2-5.
If they just traded 3 and 4 I can probably fix that on-board as we plan to get there by 10:00 and many people avoid Palo the first 3 nights for the rotations. (A girl can hope.) I'll forget about wanting L for formal night and PC for Pirate Night.

I know that many would take Palo almost any night BUT we don't feel that way LOL Parrot Cay is our favorite restaurant!!
Just off this morning!

We had APPLAPL.

That gave us L - rotation menu for Tues night and we went on to Palo as that was the night I'd made ressies for on JANUARY 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On Monday night for formal night we had the new "Golden Mickeys" Menu. It was good.

I have to say that I do not like one thing about this new rotation that they could fix if they wanted to. No matter which rotation you have, you are in the same dining room for both formal and semi-formal nights. That is great if you have L BUT stinks if you have PC like we did. I know that 1/3 of the ship has always had PC for formal night, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE IT FOR BOTH F and SF. I said nothing to my DDs about my disappointment and my 8-yr-old complained both nights.
They could fix it by going APLLAPL or PLAAPLA or LAPPLAP.

AND BTY - in the rotation starting with AP, almost every table had a kid under 6 - BUT not every table!
Just IMHO
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008
Mom24Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:04 PM   #96
dmi188
DIS Veteran

Mom24princesses, you must have been in my rotation, early? (5:45) We not only got switched to early, we got a 4 top for the 2 of us!! Unfortunately, I never met any of our group.

I did like the Golden Mickeys menu! I had beef wellington, and hubby had rack of lamb. For dessert, the ricotta creme brulle (sp?) was excellent!! DH tried to take a pic of the menu, but it is too fuzzy to read!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #97
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmi188 View Post
Mom24princesses, you must have been in my rotation, early? (5:45) We not only got switched to early, we got a 4 top for the 2 of us!! Unfortunately, I never met any of our group.

I did like the Golden Mickeys menu! I had beef wellington, and hubby had rack of lamb. For dessert, the ricotta creme brulle (sp?) was excellent!! DH tried to take a pic of the menu, but it is too fuzzy to read!

We had the same, I had the Beef Wellington and DH had the Lamb. We loved it too. Glad you mentioned what you ordered. I could not remember. I am about to down load my pitcures. I have about 4G of them so it may take a while. I took a picture of everything we ate to help me remember. We tried to take some pictures of menus too.
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

THEN!!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #98
LOLA2
TINK
I never heard of not taking shells from a beach before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmi188 View Post

Was the golden mickeys Formal night or semi formal night and can you tell me which day of the week it was. Thanks
LOLA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #99
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Rotation

Thanks for the info. We can't wait for our cruise next month.

Free Cruise Clocks

Free Cruise Clocks
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #100
carole88
New Yorker at Heart

Quote:

I have to say that I do not like one thing about this new rotation that they could fix if they wanted to. No matter which rotation you have, you are in the same dining room for both formal and semi-formal nights. That is great if you have L BUT stinks if you have PC like we did. I know that 1/3 of the ship has always had PC for formal night, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE IT FOR BOTH F and SF. I said nothing to my DDs about my disappointment and my 8-yr-old complained both nights.
They could fix it by going APLLAPL or PLAAPLA or LAPPLAP.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but even on the old rotations you would always be in the same dining room for both formal and semi-formal night. I don't think this is something new for the new rotations.

Dream - July 19, 2011 (Bahamas), Magic - July 13, 2008 (Mexican Riviera) , June 24, 2006 (Western Double Dip), March 5, 2005 (Eastern), October 25, 2003 (Western)
Multiple Disneyland trips - 2007 to Present, Bay Lake Towers July 2012, July 2011 & August 2009, Port Orleans - May 2001, Offsite WDW - April 1997 --- DVC Member since Dec. 2008
carole88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #101
OliverOAS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLA2 View Post
Was the golden mickeys Formal night
It replaces the "Master Chef Menu" (Casual) ...

Oliver
OliverOAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #102
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole88 View Post
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but even on the old rotations you would always be in the same dining room for both formal and semi-formal night. I don't think this is something new for the new rotations.
We'd only done the Eastern before and we had PLAPLAP +++ L for formal and A for semi-formal. On the Eastern formal was on Sunday night and on the Western it is Monday. That may have changed since 4/06 on the Eastern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLA2 View Post
Was the golden mickeys Formal night or semi formal night and can you tell me which day of the week it was. Thanks
On the Western last week the Golden Mickeys Menu was Monday night - Formal Night. The rotation menus were Sat. Sun. and Tues. Pirate Night - Wed. Captain's Gala - Semi Formal - Thursday and Til We Meet Again - Friday.

I know that on our Eastern Formal night was Sunday (regular rotation menu), Pirate Night Tuesday. Master Chef on Wed.
DCL

THEN!!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #103
carole88
New Yorker at Heart

Quote:
We'd only done the Eastern before and we had PLAPLAP +++ L for formal and A for semi-formal. On the Eastern formal was on Sunday night and on the Western it is Monday. That may have changed since 4/06 on the Eastern.

You're right. I forgot about our Eastern cruise since it was awhile ago. I was thinking of the Western sailings. Those have formal and semi-formal in the same dining rooms.

Dream - July 19, 2011 (Bahamas), Magic - July 13, 2008 (Mexican Riviera) , June 24, 2006 (Western Double Dip), March 5, 2005 (Eastern), October 25, 2003 (Western)
Multiple Disneyland trips - 2007 to Present, Bay Lake Towers July 2012, July 2011 & August 2009, Port Orleans - May 2001, Offsite WDW - April 1997 --- DVC Member since Dec. 2008
carole88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #104
RanCan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the info!!

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #105
auroo
Earning My Ears

Oh boy, my head is spinning! Reading all this, I realize that I have never paid attention to dining times and menus in the past! This time though, I want everything to be just right...

I'm also going on the Mexican Riviera cruise (4th of July) and that is confusing me a bit more since I think the rotations are different than the Eastern and Western??

We have late seating now, but I'm really trying to avoid PC on formal/semi-formal nights, and preferably getting Lumiere's.

Also, I've always requested the late seating because 8-8:30 east coast time is 5-5:30 west coast time and it coincides just right with my normal dinner time. Now I'm thinking I'll be falling over starving by 8! If I request a switch to 6pm seating, that would be perfect! Except I love Lumiere's too much to miss it the second time around for the Palo's ressie we currently have...

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong-- I'm a little too overwhelmed to think straight!

auroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: