Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #31
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Not as late as we have been for some ADR’s in the past, but I was so mad! Can we ever be on time??
Nope, not you!!!
Quote:
So anyway, we checked in, waited about 5 minutes and then we were called in. As we were sitting down, Piglet and Eeyore were leaving our section, then they had to do that stupid parade, then Tigger finally came by.
Why is the parade stupid? I haven't ever been here so I don't have a clue.

Quote:
And the first thing you see as you cross over into Adventureland:

A girl in a tank top and shorts??

Quote:
The first thing we did was the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. We had never been up there before and it was pretty cool!
Isn't it neat in there. I so want a treehouse!!

Quote:
We headed into Frontierland and stopped at Pecos Bill’s so SOMEONE (not me) could use the bathroom…I wish I was kidding when I said we were there for half an hour. And he didn’t even have any dairy!
Again, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
We got back on the train, rode it all the way around once, and then got off at Main Street. We decided to give Pirates another try and this time it said only 5 minute wait! How sad that strangers can ruin my excitement about a ride by disobeying the rules. How hard is this? NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!!
YA!! What she said! I totally agree with you. Some people just don't feel the need to follow rules. We should get one of those really cheap cameras with a really bright flash on it. Just to keep for "just in case" in our purses. If someone feels the need to use their flash on the ride, pull out ole reliable and say "pardon me" to the rule breaker and FLASH THEM!! Say see, this is why we don't use flash on this ride, it is rude to other guests.

Just a thought!

I experience road rage as well. The therapy is helping.

Quote:
Since SpectroMagic was winding it’s way up through the center of the park, we went back through Liberty Square and into Frontierland where we wandered around the Pin Traders store for a while until Spectro was over and the crowd on Main Street started thinning out. We left the park around 10pm and hit the sack at 10:30.
No spectro?? You flew through that day. Did you get Photopass pics?

So, when you going again????
Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #32
Disney Fan Katt
Founding member of the Mickey Moms Club

I have to laugh at your bathroom travels. Whenever my DH and I go anywhere I always joke that we do a restroom tour of the park. It seems he can't pass one without going in! At least they are clean at Disney.

Your pictures are great, and I love hearing from a fellow nerd.

December 2012 Ft. Wilderness*January 19-28 CBR and AKL*January 2011 Beach Club Concierge*February 2010 Coronado Springs*November 2009 CBR*February 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian * April 2008 Wilderness Lodge * November 2007 Polynesian
January 2007 Wilderness Lodge * February 2004 Wilderness Lodge * April 2003 Wilderness Lodge* February 2002 Animal Kingdom Concierge * Numerous off property stays since 1976
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #33
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Missed us by a fraction. My brother in law in Cleveland got 20 inches! Yuck!

Yeah, CT got a lot of rain because of that storm but it was still warm up here from what I recall…in the 50’s I think. I felt so bad for all of those people that got hit with that snow because they hadn’t even finished digging themselves out of the LAST storm.

There is no wait because the ride isn't fun anymore. They need to go back to the original.

It’s fun to me!! “im-AAAAAAAAA-gin-AAAA-tion, im-AAAAAAAAA-gin-AAAA-tion!!! A dream can be a dream come true! With just one spark….from me and you!” Come on! Just as good as the IASW theme!!

To mess with your head!!
Pretty much… .

I don't think they had intended on it staying at WDW. So they probably just did a "for now" kind of thing. I think it was supposed to go when all the other California stuff went. It is now just too popular and if they take it out, we will rebel!

Well, it’s time to fix it! It bothers me!

You should have said hello!!
Eh, I didn’t really like her that much…..

Thanks for sharing!!!
Anytime!

This is me too. It's called Shoppers Remorse. Now I don't wait. I just go buy it.

I haven’t graduated to that yet….I always walk around with it the first time around, and then on our second day at each park, if I remember it and I still want it, I’ll get it.

You tried, that's what matters. I'm glad to hear Strawberry was just as bad as Mango!

So gross

Purdy flower!
Thanks! I love taking pics of the flowers! They’re always so pretty in WDW

MORE???????? Do you collect them or do you really play? The boys used to collect them. I don't think they knew how to play the game. Now they have a big box of them. They gave them up like 7 YEARS AGO!!!! You aren't nerds, you are just kids!!!

Oh it gets worse….it's mainly Lumar...he insists on buying them. He knows how to play, I have no idea. He insists that we are going to learn to play really well so we can play against each other. I say it ain't gonna happen. And yes, we are kids…but NERDY kids!

LOVED all the pics. I have to go check out your next update.

Thanks! Hope you’re enjoying my TR so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Fan Katt View Post
I have to laugh at your bathroom travels. Whenever my DH and I go anywhere I always joke that we do a restroom tour of the park. It seems he can't pass one without going in! At least they are clean at Disney.

Your pictures are great, and I love hearing from a fellow nerd.
It’s terrible isn't it? We’ve been there enough times to know which bathrooms are OK to use and which we prefer to stay away from. We don’t have a rating system like Jordan…mental notes serve the purpose. My brother is just as bad. The year I went Lumar, his brother, and MY brother…we didn’t get anything done because they had to check out every single bathroom we came across. By the end of the week, they were checking them off on the park maps so they knew which ones they went to already! We hit EVERY bathroom in AK and MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Nope, not you!!!

thanks for the encouragement!

Why is the parade stupid? I haven't ever been here so I don't have a clue.

Because all the kids get up and follow the characters around the restaurant, while the Winnie the Pooh song plays, and all the parents are waving their green napkins in the air to make it look like trees in the Hundred Acre Wood. It’s cute if you’ve got little kids, but to me it just creates noise and havoc. The servers can’t walk around to take care of their tables because there are characters and mass amounts of small children running amok. And they do this at the Ohana breakfast too but the walkways are bigger so it’s not as crowded feeling…and there is no napkin waving.

A girl in a tank top and shorts??

you’re silly! I meant the pretty view, not the girl who was underdressed! It was still chilly in the morning, even if it was going to be 80 later in the day

Isn't it neat in there. I so want a treehouse!!
Right now, ANY kind of house would be OK with me. As long as it’s mine and none of my relatives live with me

Again, thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome!

YA!! What she said! I totally agree with you. Some people just don't feel the need to follow rules. We should get one of those really cheap cameras with a really bright flash on it. Just to keep for "just in case" in our purses. If someone feels the need to use their flash on the ride, pull out ole reliable and say "pardon me" to the rule breaker and FLASH THEM!! Say see, this is why we don't use flash on this ride, it is rude to other guests.

Just a thought! I experience road rage as well. The therapy is helping.

I like that idea! That’s a teensy bit nicer than my idea which is to fake a sneeze and accidentally knock their camera out of their hands into the Pirate Water. I have really bad road rage too….everyone should drive like me and then there would be no problems!

No spectro?? You flew through that day. Did you get Photopass pics?
No we didn’t watch it tonight but we come back at the end of week. Maybe we watched it then….. And yes, that day did go by quickly. And yes we have PP Pics but I haven’t dug out the CD yet…. I’ll find it now…

So, when you going again????

funny you should ask. I spent yesterday doing all kinds of financial research to see if we could swing it again in October for MNSSHP, but we really need to move into our own place so that’s taking precedence. If we can find a place, and still have time/money to go back in October then we will, but if not, it will have to wait until next year.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #34
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Great TR! My brothers (and me to an extent! ) love Pokemon too! They always go insane at Mitsukoshi. I love those stuffed pokemon too, but they're so expensive for something so little!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #35
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I don't think you two are nerdy at all. You both seem fun. Can't wait to read more!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 03-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #36
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Great TR! My brothers (and me to an extent! ) love Pokemon too! They always go insane at Mitsukoshi. I love those stuffed pokemon too, but they're so expensive for something so little!
My boyfriend is the worst when it comes to card games...and video games...and board games.... He collects all this stuff and then none of it ever gets used. But at least he's happy, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3babes
I don't think you two are nerdy at all. You both seem fun. Can't wait to read more!
Well thanks! but I warn you, it's going to get worse....
Old 03-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #37
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Our family isn't really into Character Meals...but different strokes....

Do NOT come between a man and his private toilet time..... Are you sure he didn't take a magazine with him.

That was one loooooong day....

14 times and not once has El pirata been open....lucky you. Sounds like it was good.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #38
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I liked the parade. I thought it was cute but can be annoying. I love CP.

Nice pics and great update.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #39
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I liked the parade. I thought it was cute but can be annoying. I love CP. Nice pics and great update.
I love CP too! The food is great but it's just too crowded in there now. And plus we have been there on the last 3 trips so maybe we'll look into other places for our next trip. IDK....I'm sure I'll change my mind again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Our family isn't really into Character Meals...but different strokes....

Do NOT come between a man and his private toilet time..... Are you sure he didn't take a magazine with him.

That was one loooooong day....

14 times and not once has El pirata been open....lucky you. Sounds like it was good.
I used to like them but I guess I'm getting over it now....

Trust me, I don't come between him and his TT!! The longer he stays in there, the more time I have to write detailed trip notes!

Really? It seemed like it flew by when we were there. We did A LOT of walking that day though...back and forth.... That's one thing I hate about MK... You get a FP for something with a return time of 2 hours later but in 2 hours you've walked all the way to other side. The WDWRR needs to add another stop in Adventureland and one in Tomorrowland to make my life easier

Wow, so what exactly does seasonal mean?? Maybe it's only open in March??
Old 03-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #40
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh your bunnies are adorable! I have two of my own - the black and white dude in the picture and a beautiful brown girl. Our pre-trip routine also includes dropping off bunnies at my parent's house!

You're not alone on the Croc blisters. I wore mine on a trip to Las Vegas and got a huge blister on the bottom of my foot. That was my time to try out the Crocs before wearing them on our Disney trip. I ended up taking my sneakers to wear most of the time. I'm glad I did the Vegas test.

Has Lumar tried taking Lactaid tablets before eating dairy? My DH carries them with him everywhere and pops one before eating ice cream and even creamy salad dressing. They help him a lot and we don't have so many long bathroom stops! I even carry a couple for him since men can be so forgetful! Enjoying your report!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #41
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Bunnies View Post
Oh my gosh your bunnies are adorable! I have two of my own - the black and white dude in the picture and a beautiful brown girl. Our pre-trip routine also includes dropping off bunnies at my parent's house!

You're not alone on the Croc blisters. I wore mine on a trip to Las Vegas and got a huge blister on the bottom of my foot. That was my time to try out the Crocs before wearing them on our Disney trip. I ended up taking my sneakers to wear most of the time. I'm glad I did the Vegas test.

Has Lumar tried taking Lactaid tablets before eating dairy? My DH carries them with him everywhere and pops one before eating ice cream and even creamy salad dressing. They help him a lot and we don't have so many long bathroom stops! I even carry a couple for him since men can be so forgetful! Enjoying your report!
Hey! LOVE your bunny pic! Glad I'm not the only one who goes through an ordeal with them when going on vacation lol!!

I'm also glad I'm not the only one who had issues with my Crocs! I thought I was defective or something! I'll be bringing sneakers from now on too, I think...

And yes, he does the Lactaid pills and they work really well, but we didn't have any on this trip. He told me he had some, so I didn't buy any and of course when we got there he didn't have any. Next time, I'll remember to not listen to him...
Old 03-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #42
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Update 3/23 - Animal Kingdom

Sunday 3/3

I got up at 8:45 and jumped in the shower while Lumar went down to Sassagoula to get us some coffee and take out some cash for Mousekeeping. Just as I got out of the shower I heard the door open and I thought it was Lumar – turns out it was Mousekeeping already! What the heck was she doing there at 9am?? I told her to come back in half an hour.

BTW the coffee was TERRIBLE!! When you drink Dunkin Donuts coffee practically every morning and then try to replace it with Nescafe, it kind of makes you never want to drink coffee again. YUCKY!!

We arrived at AK around quarter to 11 and skipped right through Discovery Island into Africa. We got FP’s for the safari with a return time of 12:30.

So because of the Great Coffee Debacle (trust me, it was a debacle!), I forgot about actually EATING this morning. We all know how I get when I haven’t eaten…. So now, I’m mad at myself that I somehow forgot to eat, I’m mad at Lumar for not reminding me, and I was mad at Disney for serving coffee so terrible it made me forget And I’m the kind of person that is really not happy eating non-breakfast foods as my first meal of the day so when we came to the conclusion that Pizzafari was our only option (I can’t remember for sure but I think that the Restaurantosaurus wasn’t open yet and I don’t even know if they have breakfast food there…all of the changes they made messed with my head) I was a little perturbed. I really wanted to try and NOT eat here on this trip. Not because I don’t like it, but just because we always eat here and I wanted to try new things.

So anyway, here we are at 11am eating Pizza (me) and a Chicken Parm Sandwich (Lumar). I was too aggravated to take pics. But it’s the same pizza you’ve seen a million times so I’m sure you’re not heartbroken. After I ate, I felt much better about everything and realized that I just lived every child’s dream…to eat pizza for breakfast!

BTW, eating outside in the morning when everyone is rushing passed this place was actually REALLY nice! There was only one other family there eating and the weather was beautiful so it turned out to be a really great experience….a perfect “vacation” moment.

New FP’s were available at 12 so we headed to Asia to get some passes for EE. We literally had to fight our way through a crowd of people all standing around watching the “walking tree” It really is creepy how she walks on those things but I have to say, it’s something I could never do! Seriously, I wonder how many times a day she gets called a “walking tree” and how she resists the urge to whack the people who say it with one of her limbs?

Anyhoo…our EE passes had a return time of 3pm so we went back to the safari and made it just at 12:30. Once we got to the part where they split you off to the left of the right, we had to stop and wait but a CM came up to the wheelchair gate, asked for a party of 2 and we got in! PLUS it was one of the handicap-accessible vehicles so we got the front row to ourselves cuz the bench only seats two people! Here’s some pics:

After the safari we went to the Pangani Forest. There were lots of Meerkats out today…not just the one on Lookout Duty:

And we got a close up a hippo underwater – kinda creepy, but kinda cool at the same time:

In case you didn’t know this about me, I am terrified of “open water” type of images. For example, when you watch Finding Nemo and that whale comes out of the darkness….scares the bejesus outta me! I actually had a nightmare one night that Lumar and I went to an aquarium and the new feature exhibit was a “real” ocean so it had this HUGE glass window and the water was all dark and murky and suddenly this whale comes swimming toward me…I started having a panic attack in my sleep! Lumar had to shake me awake because I was breathing so hard, I actually woke him up. I was sweating, shaking, and my heart was pounding. I don’t know why it scares me because I’m not afraid of the animal itself….and when I go to aquariums and they have whales and sharks swimming around in tanks, I’m not afraid at all – I’ll sit and watch them for hours (I’m a fire-sign so water and fish are highly relaxing to me). But this picture of the hippo being in “open water” is somewhat unsettling to me so let’s move on.

We trekked into Dinoland where we once again had the “Party of 2 Luck” at Dinosaur. There was only a 10 minute wait but they pulled us to the front to fill a car that was leaving! :woohooo:

The PP guy took this on our way into Dinoland:

When we got off the ride we took a seat on a bench right next to the giant dinosaur skeleton and once again got lucky cuz Pluto and Goofy came out! Since we were sitting right there, we were 3rd in line!

We headed back into Asia, rode EE with our fastpasses, then started the walk through of the Maharaja Jungle Trek. I got a pic of the Komodo Dragon and a pic of the Malayan Tapir, and then one of the worst things that can happen to a camera-happy tourist like myself: My camera beeped and the display said “memory full.” I was so confused because I know I had a 2GB memory card in there…but when I pulled it out, it said 256KB! I brought the wrong card!! We left the trek, and I tried to mess with my camera to see maybe I adjusted the size of the file it was saving, if it would like me take more pictures. We went back in, and I got ONE picture of a tiger and the memory was full again! I was so mad!

Our Yak & Yeti ADR wasn’t until 5:30, and here it was 4pm and we had NOTHING to do. We missed the last showing of Finding Nemo and the last Flights of Wonder, it was a nice day but not nice enough (for us anyway) to go on Kali River Rapids, so we sat down and watched the monkeys for a little while (they are so awesome!)

then walked over the KRR exit and watched the soaking wet people come around the final turn. Finally at 4:30 we just couldn’t take it anymore. We walked down to Yak & Yeti and asked if we could get in early. The server said we could and said we got there just in time. Within 10 minutes I knew why…The parade was ending and people were flocking in for dinner!

Our server was from CT, only about 20 minutes from where we live, so we chatted with him for a few minutes. We both had the Everest Avalanche (a tall frozen fruity alcoholic drink that doesn’t even taste alcoholic) – SO GOOD! Lumar had the Sweet & Sour Chicken and I had the Crispy Honey Chicken. Everything was really good! I was glad we came here to eat and we’ll definitely come back. IMO, the Honey Chicken could use a little “kick”…just a little bit to spice it up, but it was still very tasty. We also had the Sorbet for dessert. I swear, I really was going to take pics of our meals but with no available space on my memory card I couldn’t. I asked Lumar if he thought I’d be able to find one on WDW property somewhere – he said I probably could but they’d charge me an arm and a leg. I temporarily considered calling my mom and having her overnight my other card but I couldn’t remember where it was….I swore it was in my camera, still sitting there from our October trip….

We left AK around 6pm and when we got back to FQ, I stopped in Jackson Square to pick up some socks (maybe I could wear my Crocs tomorrow to DHS?) We got all the way back to the room and I realized I forgot to check with the CM’s to see if they have memory cards! We stayed in the room and watch TV a while and at 8pm we went back downstairs to grab a snack from Sassagoula, and a memory card from Jackson Square. They only had 1GB cards, and they were $30 but it wasn’t as much as I was expecting them to charge and I was desperate so I got one.

On our way back to the room, we were both just kind of taking in the scenery and the feel of the resort. Suddenly Lumar says to me “Is that a horse??” Him speaking brought me back to reality and I realized that I was, in fact, hearing a horse clonking along behind us. We both turned around and one of the horse drawn resort carriages was like 2 feet behind us! We moved to the side of the road, but I wondered, was the driver ever going to ask us to move or was she just going to let the horse trample us?

I checked the weather before we went to bed, as I had been tracking that big storm in the Midwest, and they predicted thunderstorms for Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday! I hope they’re wrong!!

Since I didn’t have my PP CD available at the time, here is one of our PP pics from Epcot on Saturday:

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #43
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

2 in the party mojo....nice

Seems like you had a great day!!! Other than the camera...

You got some great pix. I've never seen an alligator swimming in the water on KS or a hippo underwater........good get.

The great coffee Debacle for sure. When i pass that Starbucks at the airport, that's the last cofee I will have on my vacation......
Old 03-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #44
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great pics.

the coffee is a problem down there. is it hard to get a dunkin donuts in there. not even a store, just the coffee.

seems like a nice day.

love the pic of you two with EE behind you
Old 03-24-2008, 06:14 AM   #45
Disney Fan Katt
Founding member of the Mickey Moms Club

I must agree with the coffee issue at Disney, how could a place like that have the worst coffee in the country?? We are bringing our own supplies from home so we can make Dunkin Donuts coffee in the room. At least we can start out day with one good cup.

Love your trip report, ready for more.

December 2012 Ft. Wilderness*January 19-28 CBR and AKL*January 2011 Beach Club Concierge*February 2010 Coronado Springs*November 2009 CBR*February 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian * April 2008 Wilderness Lodge * November 2007 Polynesian
January 2007 Wilderness Lodge * February 2004 Wilderness Lodge * April 2003 Wilderness Lodge* February 2002 Animal Kingdom Concierge * Numerous off property stays since 1976

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: