Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #136
xominnieox2
Mouseketeer

Just checking in! How have you been?

Jan. 2005 - POR; Aug. 2005 Free Dining - ASMo; Sept. 2006 Free Dining - Pop; Sept. 2007 Free Dining - ASMu; Sept 2008 Free Dining-POP; Sept 2009 Free Dining-POP
Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 AM   #137
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Update 4/21: Day 6 - DHS + P&PP

OK I know that technically it is Monday (well for me anyway...all of you west coasters still have an hour before it's Monday for you) but I felt really bad that I didn't get to post earlier so here it is, 2:05am, and I'm posting my update for you all. We slept until 3:15pm this afternoon (we were house sitting this whole past week at my dad's house which is an hour away, which means we had to get up an hour earlier than usual so we could make it work on time...plus we weren't getting home until after 11pm most nights...oh and the dogs wake up at 5am to be let outside so we didn't get much sleep this week) Plus my bunny Scout isn't eating and I'm worried about her so I spent and hour sitting with her before and giving her meds, hoping to get her feeling better. So anyway, here it is - hope you enjoy it!

Thursday 3/6

Today we were headed to DHS for the beginning part of the day, then headed to the P&PP later tonight! Both of us were really excited…until I turned on the weather channel and they predicted thunderstorms for the day! Hopefully the weather would hold out for us….

But first things first. It was Lumar’s 24th birthday today so before we left the room I gave him his presents:
Happy Birthday Mickey:

A pin from MNSSHP with the Villains on it (we were there so it’s OK!)

A matted print advertising the Haunted Mansion, his favorite ride:

We went down to Sassagoula got breakfast around 20 after 9, then headed to DHS. The sun was still out at this point, so I was hoping the storms they were talking about had moved out to the Atlantic.

We went and got FP’s for RnRC, then went on the Great Movie Ride. The concept for this ride is so good…I’m just so bored with it now. On the plus side, we did get to meet some charactes while we were over there!

We didn’t get in line for Mary Poppins, but I did get a pic of her:

We went back to RnRC but got FP’s for ToT first. I got this pic after we got off the coaster:

There was only 15 minutes until our return time for ToT so we just waited outside the entrance and traded pins with some CM’s. At 12:45 we headed toward the entrance and it was closed! At first I thought the CM was joking…I even laughed when he said that there were “currently no vacancies” but then I realized the gates were shut and I felt like an idiot. Another CM said they would accept our FPs all day, but they weren’t sure what time it would reopen.

Our plan had been to ride the Tower, then go get lunch but since the Tower was down we headed over to Pizza Planet to eat. After we scarfed down Pepperoni Pizzas and salads, we went downstairs and played some games (PoTC pinball, Rollercoaster Tycoon pinball, and air hockey) and headed back to Sunset Blvd around 2:15 to find that the ToT was back up and running so we used our FPs and went on. The CM was sneaking around the library during the movie and reciting the whole thing along with it. When it got really dark, he snuck up behind some lady and when she turned to exit the room he scared the bejesus out of her just by standing there. It was hilarious…not hilarious when it happened to me a few years ago…but hilarious now to witness it happening.

Maybe it was just me, but I swear this thing was malfunctioning while we were on it. The part right after you see the people in the hallway where it gets dark and takes you up a flight to the bluish color room…yeah we sat in dark silence not moving for like almost a full minute. Usually, the people disappear, the stars come out, the window shatters and up you go. Well this time the window shattered and we just sat there. I was the only one who thought this was weird but I swore the ride was going down again. Thankfully it didn’t but I was pretty paranoid for the rest of the ride.

We went back to the Animation Studio and got to draw Pluto this time! My Pluto came out MUCH better than my Mickey! We got to hang out with Frozone on the way out:

After drawing, we headed over to the Indiana Jones area where we noticed that they set up a new gift shop. It was entirely too crowded in there for my liking so I sat outside on a bench while Lumar looked around. At this point in time it began raining. Also, Lumar found out that if you pull on the rope on the little display right next to the shop, someone talks to you from down in the well!

We headed towards the exit around 4:30 and I was really bummed out that it was raining. I hoped it would just drizzle for a while then stop raining before the P&PP. We got on a bus at 5:15 and headed back to FQ where we watched the Toon Disney Big Movie Show, which happened to be Robin Hood…my second most favorite Disney movie, next to The Lion King. We didn’t get to see the end though because we left for MK at 6:20. I did however, finally take some pics of what our room looked like and Mickey left a birthday card for Lumar while we were gone!

It was still raining and I was mega bummed. Lumar was happy just to be going but I was mad. It did stop though just before we got to MK so I was excited because it looked like it was going to be a good night after all!

We headed right to Adventureland, as we knew that the line for Captain Jack had a tendency of getting quite long. We arrived just in time, it would seem, as the wait was only about 15 minutes. And FINALLY, I got to meet Jack Sparrow!

When we left, we saw Genie and Abu getting on The Flying Carpets but it was too dark for me to get a decent picture. Shortly after that it started raining again… I stood outside in the rain to try and get pictures of the Parade but I was too far away and it was too dark. Plus my camera was focusing on the drops of water on the lens and not the parade so most of my pictures didn’t come out. I was really mad that I stood out there that whole time and maybe 3 pictures came out.

So we headed over to Toon Town so Lumar could get a sweatshirt from County Bounty (I accidentally got hot chocolate on the one he brought with him…oops) and while were there we met some more characters:

Lumar and his girlfriend on the side:

Lumar and his other girlfriend on the side:

It was raining so hard when we left there that we were completely soaked through in about 30 seconds.

We went to Cosmic Rays for dinner and stupid me forgot all about the fireworks. So we were sitting inside listening to the audio but couldn’t see them. Although it was nice to be out of the rain for a little while.

This PP picture is blurry but I needed something to commemorate being this totally freakin’ soaking wet:

It was raining so hard, that the puddles were ankle deep and the frogs were venturing out of the lake and onto the sidewalks. Here we are, walking miserably out of MK (OK I was miserable, Lumar thought this was all hilarious) and suddenly he shoves me and yells “watch out!!” I was like what the F is your problem?? And he points this out to me:

I thought it was a wet napkin and almost stepped right on it. So of course, stupid me gets right in it’s face to take a picture and what do you think happened when the flash went off? Yeah, it jumped RIGHT at me. I screamed like a little girl, completely involuntarily. So Lumar coaxed it back into the grass so no one else would step on it, and we made our way back to the bus stop around 11pm. I was tired, wet, cold, and miserable and just wanted to go to bed. No Power Rangers for us tonight!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 04:50 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #138
AlienBrain
Disney Fan Since '84

lol about that frog
Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #139
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics.

sorry it rained on you.

nice pic with Jack.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #140
natcat
Mouseketeer

As usual your pics are fantastic And that little frog is pretty cool looking. I'd name him "Prince"
I hope Scout is feelin' better..........poor bunny
Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #141
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

So cute that you got Lumar Disney stuff for his bday. And that he liked it! My DH would KILL me!

It rained the whole time we were at the Halloween party in Oct...reading about your P and P party experience brought back memories for me!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #142
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

LOL at the frog -- I like the shirt you're wearing, I saw that but I got the green one instead

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #143
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

I love the PPP pictures!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 04-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #144
Beana9802
DIS Veteran

Silly little froggie!

°o°

Old 04-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #145
Simba22
DIS Veteran

hi everyone! just wanted to jump in for a quick minute and say thank you and hello to everyone who has responded so far to my last update! That little frog was completely adorable but he scared the pooh out of me. Of course, I'm sure he was just returning the favor because the flash on my camera must've hurt his poor little eyeballs

I'm still mad that it was raining so hard though!! If you look at the PP pic where we're in front of the castle you can see how wet we were really good on Lumar's sweatshirt. I mean we were just soaked to the bone. Lumar still claims that it was fun but I still claim that it was miserable.

Last edited by Simba22; 04-22-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #146
Stephanator
Mouseketeer

What a great update!

Happy Belated Disney Birthday to Lumar.

That frog is awesome!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #147
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Love your pics and your stories. The frog is adorable!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #148
Simba22
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone! I'm hoping to get in another update tonight or tomorrow!

PS - Scoutie is fine and back to being her usual beasty self!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #149
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Update 4/23: Day 7 - Epcot

Friday 3/7

We were supposed to go to Boatwrights for breakfast today…notice I said “supposed to.” We were so tired from the last few nights that we decided to sleep late today – not getting up until 10:30 and even then we didn’t actually leave for Epcot until noon. It was really humid out but it was windy and there were dark clouds lolly-gagging about. The sun was trying to come out though and occasionally it would brighten up a bit.

Since we did the Land side the other day, today we headed to Test Track first to get FP’s. The return time wasn’t until 3:30 and we couldn’t get new FP’s until 3.

Since there was nothing really left in Future World that we wanted to do, we headed into World Showcase. Normally we would do Mission Space but the stand by line was an hour and we didn't feel like waiting. So off we go...

It was about 1:30 when we stopped in the American Adventure for lunch. Lumar was wearing his Birthday Button and got a free Apple Cobbler desert!

Those of you who read my last TR’s will remember that the first time we came here in 2005, the Apple Cobbler was so incredibly good that we couldn’t wait to go back in 2006 to get more. When we went back in 06, America was closed. When we went back in 2007, they had changed the recipe and it was totally freakin’ disgusting. We are very happy to report that, while not as good as the original cobbler from 05, they have changed it again and it is better than the one from 07.

At one point Lumar, got up to go to the bathroom and I started writing some notes for the day. I don’t know what it was but something made me look up and Lumar was standing outside the window staring at me! He scared the holy mess out of me! I was so mad, I hate it when he does that!!

Out the front door – weather looks nice!

Out the side door…not so nice…

After lunch, we headed to Japan. I picked 2 pearls, both 7mm and Lumar picked an oyster but told me I could have the pearl. The oyster he picked out was a bright red color and it had an 8mm pearl in it!!

While I was waiting for my pearls to be set, we walked back to Morocco and sat outside in the outdoor eating area for a while. Lumar was (of course) in the bathroom so I started writing some more notes and just then, Mo’Rockin came out! I had never seen them perform before but I really liked them. I was going to look to see if I could find their CD but I forgot by the time Lumar came out.

Here’s two of the necklaces that I had pearls set in:

As I was waiting for him though, I figured it was a perfect time to do some good old fashioned “People Watching.” I saw a lady yell at her husband, for what I don’t know but she said something about birds and then at the end of her rant she said really sarcastically “Well what do you think? That’s it! No more!” and then she stormed off leaving the poor guy sitting on the bench outside the bathroom looking totally confused.

I also saw three guys walk back wearing Viking helmets from Norway and the most adorable little girl who reminded me of a Fraggle. It’s really hard to explain and I wish I had the Stranger Stalking skills that Jordan has because I really wanted a picture of her…but she had short layered hair that was put into pigtails and since it had the shaggy layered look, she just reminded me of a Fraggle. That’s really the only way I can describe it.

I also saw the greatest squirrel ever! There was a man sitting on a bench across the “street” from me and this squirrel was just kinda being nosey under the bench. Well something possessed him to become very brave because he jumped up onto the bench with the guy and was literally sitting like 6 inches from him. The best part: the guy had NO idea. That squirrel could have jacked him for his wallet and he wouldn’t have had any idea. I guess the Mo’Rockin belly dancer is THAT good.

Here I am…just waiting…

Some of the different things you can see from that little dining area:

By the way, it was about quarter to 5 at this point so clearly we never made it back to Future World to use our Test Track FP’s.

When Lumar finally emerged, we went back to Japan and spent pretty much the rest of the night there…I got three more pearls, Lumar picked up some more Pokemon stuff and then around 6 we left and headed to Mexico for dinner at San Angel Inn.

I had Camarones con Fideos and Lumar had one of the specials (which I did not write down the name of).

Dinner was really good but there was a family sitting behind us that had a child in a diaper that CLEARLY needed changing. It was pretty bad…Lumar almost couldn’t eat because of it and finally the father took the kid to the bathroom.

After dinner it was BACK to Japan although I just stopped in to pick up the last of my pearls that were being set. We left around 8pm to find a spot for Illuminations and at 8:15 it began POURING! We ran into the Italy Pavilion where I picked up a hoodie and 2 ponchos (not making THAT mistake again!) and we sloshed around to Morocco where we watched the fireworks from. Of course TONIGHT they were having extra magic hours and although we really wanted to stay, my feet were killing me from walking around in went flip-flops. I actually took them off and just walked barefoot all the way to the Mouse Gear, where of course, we had to stop and spend oodles of money. Our plan was to spend about an hour in there so we didn’t try to fight 8 million soaking wet people for bus seats, right after Illuminations. We ended being there about 45 minutes and at 10:30 we headed to the bus stop. There was a bus there already but people were packed in there like sardines so we just waited for the next one.

We got back to French Quarter around 11pm and I started sorting out all of our stuff and getting organized. I wanted to make seal that packing for the return trip wasn’t anything like the last time….or the time before that…. I wanted everything that was shippable to be together so I could bring it all down to the gift shop tomorrow night and ship it home, and everything that was coming with us on the plane to also be together so we wouldn’t leave anything behind. I think I finally went to bed around midnight…. Can you believe tomorrow is our last full day??

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #150
Beana9802
DIS Veteran

Awesome Pearls! Rock on!

Dinner looked yummy!

°o°

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: