Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Our Polynesian Par-Tay!!!! Updated 5/12, That's all folks!

Time for our Polynesian Par-Tay!

It was an excellent trip and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!

We celebrated Jake’s Birthday and even though there weren’t any specific things for him, I think he had a great time!!

Let’s get this Par-Tay started old school, yo! (Yeah, I don’t know what that means, but it sounds cool.)

PS. If you need some background, please see our previous trip reports listed in my signature. Thank you. (That sounded like a public service announcement! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)

Last edited by nts4wdw; 05-12-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Day one
One the Road Again!!

Isn’t this the sweetest sight you ever saw?

Yep, she’s resting up for another Disney Trip!! As usual, the alarm sounds at 1:30 Am and by 2:15 we are on the road again!!
Just in case you thought we were traveling alone……

That’s just a few of our friends!! We always buy more when we get there!!

After seven hours of podcasts and eighties music, we are pulling into Orlando for your first stop, Character Premier Outlet!! It’s been several trips since our last visit and we are planning to stock up!!
The whole mall has remodeled. Now it is an open air kind of thing which I really liked except for the fact it was freezing cold and drizzling! It looked much like our mall here in the Sandhills area.

Just an aside here, it had great bathrooms. Even the soap was automated!! (yeah, it doesn’t take much to impress us!)

The store itself had great windows.

After we heated up the Visa and made a few wrong turns, we were heading towards one of my favorite sights!!

And lucky us, we got to see this sight too!

Yep, our Polynesian Par-Tay has almost begun!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

We were finally here!! The Polynesian!! I’ve dreamed of staying here since I was a little girl!!

We were just like big ole tourists, taking pictures of everything! We must have looked insane!!

Each of us was greeted in the lobby with a lei. Too cool!

Soon we were checking in!! This is me having to prop myself up against the check-in counter after the 'Mouse' harvested one of my kidneys and pinkie toe as partial payment for the room

Our room was not ready, so we decided to explore our temporary home!!

The lobby was gorgeous with a beautiful waterfall right there.

There were plenty of photo opportunities!!

Tikis were everywhere! Emily of course could not keep her finger to herself! You can pick your nose, you can pick you friends...but you can't pick your friend's nose!!

A quick walk to the pool and we could see Cinderella castle! It was cool, because you could also hear the Train whistle in MK in addition to the Ferry and boat horns

This guy was so cute, I had to take his picture! Little did I know we’d be seeing him again…..

It was a terribly dreary day, and we were getting hungry so we headed to Captain Cook’s to see what a deluxe food court looked like!!

There were touch screens where you could order your food by touching the picture. Then you would take your receipt to the cashier and get a beeper to know when your food was done. We all thought it was cool.

We found a table and it wasn’t long until our food was ready!

I had the Hawaiian flatbread. Yum! Outside of WDW I would call this a Ham and Pineapple Pizza

Chuck had the Pulled Pork sandwich with Polynesian chips. He was very pleased.

Jake and Em went traditional with chicken fingers and a cheeseburger.

Soon we were way too full, but our room wasn’t quite ready so we decided to head to Downtown Disney!

We didn’t take many pictures or buy much because it was crowded. We did get a picture with Em and her friends.

We were all hitting the wall by then and wishing for our room. Will it be ready? Will it be as cool as we’ve dreamed of? These and other burning questions will all be answered…….soon.

Last edited by nts4wdw; 02-14-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Yay!! I'm so glad you're doing a report!!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Yay!! I'm so glad you're doing a report!!
Thanks! I'm trying to get myself out of the After Disney depression!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Before we move on, here are a couple of pictures of the grounds taken by Em (Hopefully, she’ll be joining us!)

I think she is becoming quite the little photographer, but I may be biased!!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

I LOVE the Polynesian!!

Count me in!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

When we returned to the Polynesian, our room was ready!!

We were in Rarotonga right nest to the Great Ceremonial house. We were on the third floor and we had a balcony!! After one trip to the car for our luggage (yes, it only takes one trip. I’m an expert packer!) we were heading up to our room. And you know that silly guy on the side of the building I showed you earlier was right next door. We saw him every morning and he always made me smile.

Our room

The TV (already on my favorite channel!)

The daybed (Em’s spot)

Cool chair

Here’s our balcony.

And our view! We could hear the music from the quiet pool and the torches were lit at night. Beautiful!

I decorated our door for the occasion!!

We spent some time in our room and decided to have a quiet evening watching Wishes from the beach! I think this is one of the greatest perks of this resort!!
We were able to find some chairs on the beach. Em played in the sand. The water parade went by and we could hear the train from the Magic Kingdom. The ferry boats also blew their horns into the night. Everything was beautiful and peaceful. It was one of those great Disney moments that I call up in my mind sometimes and try to put myself back there.
I have to say, watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly is probably one of the coolest things we have done at WDW....no having to stake out a spot an hour before the show starts or having to defend your spot against moochers. Plus, not only are you not sitting on the curbing or having to stand up, you get to flop out in chairs to watch the show!!!! This alone (atleast for me!) makes the whole stay at the Polynesian worth it!!

When we returned to the room, our beds were turned down and there were chocolates on our pillows.

It just made me sigh and think, “It’s so good to be back.”

Last edited by nts4wdw; 02-14-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I would love to stay at the Poly. I am trying to talk DH into it for our next trip, for the last few days, we'll see. Can't wait to read more.

Sitting on the beach and watching the fireworks must have been so neat! Love the pics and you are right, it does feel good to be home and that's exactly how Disney feels! The turn down service is such a nice benefit, is that a Deluxe perk? I dig those little touches!

The touch screens at the food court look positively grimy. Note to self, bring wipes.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 02-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
PrincessFan0809
Earning My Ears

I am so excited to see that you decided to do a report for this trip. I really have enjoyed reading all of your other ones. When I discovered the DISboards last April, your TR was the first I read.

In September, we are going to be staying at the Poly for 13 days, and I can't wait! It looks so gorgeous. I can't wait to watch Wishes from the beach.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #11
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I would love to stay at the Poly. I am trying to talk DH into it for our next trip, for the last few days, we'll see. Can't wait to read more.

Sitting on the beach and watching the fireworks must have been so neat! Love the pics and you are right, it does feel good to be home and that's exactly how Disney feels! The turn down service is such a nice benefit, is that a Deluxe perk? I dig those little touches!

The touch screens at the food court look positively grimy. Note to self, bring wipes.
The turndown service was a deluxe perk. You can let them know at checkin that you'd like it. It's so sweet to come in after a long day and see your bed waiting for you!
I always have wipes in my pirate bag!! Missed that screen, though. Thanks for reading!!

Old 02-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #12
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFan0809 View Post
I am so excited to see that you decided to do a report for this trip. I really have enjoyed reading all of your other ones. When I discovered the DISboards last April, your TR was the first I read.

In September, we are going to be staying at the Poly for 13 days, and I can't wait! It looks so gorgeous. I can't wait to watch Wishes from the beach.
Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying the trippies!! I'm not sure this one will be as good. I was having so much fun, I forgot to make good notes. Luckily we take pictures of EVERYTHING so I'm just following along!!
13 days at the Poly!!! That is a dream come true. You are going to love it. The whole resort is very laid back and being in a monorail resort rocks!! If you have any questions, PM me and I'll try to answer. I'm going over to your pretrippie now!!
Thanks for reading!!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #13
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo, a Polynesian Partayyyyy!!!

We used to always stay at the Poly...I am in!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
eternaldisneyfan
Have an Attitude of Gratitude!
*sadly, no emoticons because my pix max out the limit-my words will have to stand alone*

I'm in for the par-tay. The Poly looks fantastic. If I could pick a hotel it would be the Poly or AKL. I'm sorry that wish bear didn't get to come along with your other friends, he is leaving for you tomorrow

-Christamae

Boo'd!! Frosted , Snowed , Ho ho'd Tree'd!
"Everything in life is a choice. Even if the only choice we have is the attitude with which we embrace each moment." Mattie Stepanek
Old 02-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #15
sharkB8HooHaHa
DIS Veteran

Ooohhhh! I'm LOVING all the pictures! We're staying at the Poly in August and, like you, I've wanted to stay there since I was little. I hadn't even thought of watching Wishes from the beach...guess I hadn't thought that far ahead yet.

Looking forward to more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: