The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
splashmountainromano
Earning My Ears

Orange Lake West Village????

Hi I Am Going To Disney In April And I Was Wondering If Any One Has Stayed At The Orange Lakes West Village. And Just Maybe Some Tips Or What I Should Know About The Place. Thanx A Bunch

And By The Way Fishing For Bass??? Without A Charter Where 2 Go?
splashmountainromano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
katz
Earning My Ears

Orange Lake Resort is my all time favorite, I have stayed three times and hope to go back soon. The latest visit was in October 07 and did stay in the West Village. It is a huge resort but very easy to get around. The pools are great and there are many including the Lazy River. This last visit we had a condo with 2 bedrooms, livingroom and full kitchen. There is a washer and dryer in each unit, very handy. They have a new icecream shop and deli as well as full service resturants and a fast food counter at the Lazy River as well as gift shops, all very nice. I have also stayed in a bungalow in the West Village with the same # of rooms but is smaller, also very nice. The units are very clean as well as the grounds, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of gold courses and putting greens but also plenty of space to walk.
katz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

We stayed at Orange Lake in Feb 2004 in a 2 bedroom unit. I do not know what development it was, it was down the road from the main part. It was nice, clean and large. There is a Publix just outside the one gate with was easy and quick to get to. I also noticed that they now have a road that leads from that area directly into Disney. So you can avoid having to go out onto the main road (192) and then up I4. In the rear of the complex you can take Harzog Rd to Western Way that turns into W Buena Visa Drive. If I did not own DVC I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

we have a spot at O Lakes and love it! Huge tvs love the washer dryer scene lots to love about it!!
MousekaMaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
iHEARTflorida
DIS Veteran

we stay at OLCC too, we will be back there in august! can't wait!!! it's so much better that hotels with just one room, you have a whole villa/apartment, no living on top of each other. the bed in the main bedroom is huge. washer & dryer is great too also the TVs in each bedroom and living room.

they also give you a starter pack with laundry stuff, and kitchen stuff, to get you going you do need to buy your own laundry/kitchen stuff, some people do think OL supply it to you, no its self catering.

some people also mood the resort is too big, its a complex resort really, i'm guessing you have a car its the easiest way to get around, they also have a shuttle bus system to get around the resort

another great thing is publix is just outside the resort, so when you have been at the theme parks all day, its not a chore to get the food in, its on your way.

the new pool area river island is amazing we love it there we could have just lazied around all week, there's also a starbucks i loved going to get the big huge cookies there haded. alos river island has a really great arcade the kids will love, bettter than the other arcades in the other villages.

we love it, cant wait to be back there

WDW Trips DL July 2010 DLRP Sept 2012

5 Weeks, 4 States and 3874 Miles around California and the Southwest Roadtrip here
iHEARTflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
splashmountainromano
Earning My Ears

Fishing For Bass??? Without A Charter Where 2 Go?

is there any fisherman here that go to kissimmie not just for disney but also for big bass?? any special ponds or lakes we shouldnt miss out on
Old 03-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
iHEARTflorida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountainromano View Post
is there any fisherman here that go to kissimmie not just for disney but also for big bass?? any special ponds or lakes we shouldnt miss out on
sorry i dont know anything about fishing

WDW Trips DL July 2010 DLRP Sept 2012

5 Weeks, 4 States and 3874 Miles around California and the Southwest Roadtrip here
iHEARTflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
LawyerLady
Earning My Ears

Stay Away from Orange Lake

We are owners of several timeshares and exchanged into Orange Lake through RCI. The website shows a lovely 2-BDR condo and lists all amenities and we thought we'd get a condo like the one on the website, especially since we were told that when we booked. However, we were stuck in an old single-story unit with a rotten view, moldy smell, old furniture, a toaster that caught fire (replaced with two different toasters), mold on the shower curtains, dead bugs, and a decade-old VHS. Oddly, the resort rents DVDs, but not VHS! Nowhere in Kissimmee are VHS tapes available. The manager, when I called, told me that our TV couldn't handle a DVD player! (obviously, the manager was an idiot and by the 2nd to last day, they replaced the VHS with a DVD player)

Moreover, we were offered the "timeshare tour" and two gifts for our two qualified buyers by the marketing dept in mid-week. However, the tour salesperson -- Greg -- was beyond rude, was extremely evasive regarding timeshare fees, and never provided us with a price for the timeshare! The condo we were shown on tour was the one on the website and when I said this was the condo we should have received, he insisted that we were located in an older unit because they reserve the good condos "only for OUR owners and you're just an exhange." Apparently, he indicated, folks who aren't owners anywhere are treated with even less respect! (hard to believe) This salesperson didn't even know that the "cinema" in the West Village was gone or that a couple pools were closed! He also demonstrated a remarkable lack of knowledge about wildlife and the Florida environment. Finally, the sales staff insisted only one gift could be given because the marketing dept had only forwarded one name! They refused to contact the marketing department to straighten this out. Talk about "bait and switch." I'm also sending detailed info to the FL Attorney General's office. Do NOT visit this resort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LawyerLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #9
Snoella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLady View Post
Do NOT visit this resort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When were you at this resort?? Was this recently. If so, which units were you in?

We are booked here for May, also in the West Village. It is too late to change now, so any info you have would be appreciated.

Me DH DD11 DD9
Snoella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #10
splashmountainromano
Earning My Ears

is the west village units comfortable living??
Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #11
katz
Earning My Ears

I do not know when or where LawyerLady stayed at Orange Lake CC but I have stayed 3 times and never had any of those problems. I have always found the units to be clean, plenty of room-think apartment size- and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I have been called for a timeshare tour but they take no for an answer without problem. I love the resort and would go back again and again and recommend it for a nice quiet stay. Two of my stays have been in the West Village but never in a studio, once in a villa and once in a condo. Hope you will have a great stay.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
knkosanke
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks Katz. I just booked for Orange Lake's West Village through my RCI time share. They gave me a 2 bedroom although I only exchange one of my rooms and still kept a week for later. The RCI rep said this is one of the most sought after places and you can only stay 1x every 3 years. But then of course I read what LawyerLady and wondered if I should make sure to call back before midnight and change it. For every time share I look up, I find at least one bad review. I'm hoping this was just a bad employee. Just to confirm, Katz, you don't own at this location, correct? Of course you want to keep owners happy, but uh, who is going to want to buy more time share if they get lousy service? the people who are exchanging have already bought into the timeshare life, so they're more likely to buy more if they have good service. Well, no matter what they offer as a gift, I'll make sure to decline the tour. Glad you said that they take no pretty easily. I'll just remind them I have an 18month old with me. I'd just love to hear another good remark about this place because I don't want to have to change. Thanks!! Kim
knkosanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #13
Snoella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Two of my stays have been in the West Village but never in a studio, once in a villa and once in a condo.
We are staying the West Village for two weeks. Guest services said to call before we go and request the same unit, so we will not have to move mid-stay. When I call, is there a certain section that you would recommend in the West Village? We have a two-bedroom unit. Any info you have would be great.
Thanks.

Me DH DD11 DD9
Snoella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #14
katz
Earning My Ears

Hi folks! Knoksanke-no I do not own a timeshare and have never been treated rudly because of it altho I do not recommemd answering the phone in the early am-that is usually ********** call!!! Our last visit was in October 2007 and we were in a condo on Springer Circle-great location, short walk to the pool, 4th floor and from our porch we could watch the golfers on the greens. We had one problem with the dishwasher, called and within an hour we had it fixed. Our other stay in the West Village was in a villa which is a little smaller but still very nice. Every unit was clean, quiet, close to pools and had two bedrooms, full kitchen and washer and dryer. I have never stayed in a studio but they were being redone the last time I was there, as far as I know they are much smaller and not as nice. This is my favorite off-site resort and I will be going back-hopefully in December. Have a great stay, I don't think you have anything to worry about, if you have a problem call and you will be taken care of. Oh, by the way they have some very nice shops as well!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #15
katz
Earning My Ears

Hi Knkosanke and Snoells-I just found the updated info I was looking for-the building we stayed in is #55 and the new name of the cirlcle is Tennis Villa Circle. The new Marketplace is right across from the parking area-opened the day we left!!! We also stayed in a condo in the North Village, the same colors and room layout which is just like in the pictures. On the otherside of the resort at the East Gate there is a mini mall with a nice Publix for grocery shopping. I wish I was going to be there for two weeks, I would not want to come home!! Have fun

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: