Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #76
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
Wonderful TR. You guys had a wonderful time and I can tell that they were surprised. Good.

I have taken 4 Disney Cruises and they are soooo addictive. WE will be on our next one in December.

I cant wait to read your next tr for your next trip
Hi! Thanks for reading! Please be sure to tell me all about your December cruise. I'm interested in how a cruise would be that time of year, and my birthday is in December. I'd love to celebrate my birthday on a Disney cruise in the future.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #77
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Operation: Reality - Day 8, Leaving the Wonder Behind and Happy 16th Birthday!

Day 8 began slowly and sadly. It was our last morning on the Wonder, and no one wanted to leave. We had to get up at the butt crack of dawn, otherwise known as 5:30 AM, which didn't make things any better. Our breakfast time was scheduled for 6:30, so we had to get out of bed and get ourselves down there. The one happy thing about this day, was that it was actually Private Happy's birthday! My baby boy, my first born, had turned sixteen. He's getting old, while I'm still young.

We dressed, gathered up our final items for the bags that we would carry, and headed down for breakfast at Animator's Palate. Everyone seemed a bit quiet and somber as we filed into the restaurant for our last meal aboard our ship. Your basic breakfast fare was offered and consumed. We bid a final farewell to our wait staff, which seemed none too pleased to be rid of us. Though, I'm sure they will miss us lots.

After breakfast, we got in line to leave the ship. After just a short while, we were on our way, and easily went through to get our luggage. We enlisted the assistance of a porter and made our way to the lot. He helped us load up, got his tip and was on his way to assist the next sad family of former passengers.

As we piled into the truck, we talked about what a WONDERful vacation we'd just had, and how it was all due to my first born's birthday. We truly had a great time and can't wait to board another Disney ship for another fantastic cruise.

The drive home was uneventful. We got a bit of rain as we went through Florida, but nothing major. It was an easy drive, and we made it home in time to relax and enjoy the evening. PH was glad it was his birthday, though he said he felt like it was his birthday during the entire trip. That was nice to hear, and it was my pleasure giving him this present. He is such a special young man, and I could not ask for a better son.

So, we got home and happily celebrated PH's day, even though we had to leave our Wonder in Florida.

Up next: Final Thoughts

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #78
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Final Thoughts

This trip report was a while in the making. I appreciate those of you who read along, and posted, and even those who just lurked. This will likely be my first and last report, but it will also likely be our most special trip.

I have to say that our resort this trip, AKL, was beautiful. We truly enjoyed staying there, and could not have asked for a better room. It fit us perfectly. The art was gorgeous and the animals were a joy to watch each day. PH was thrilled to be there, and it anxiously awaiting another stay at this fabulous resort. Our goal it to try almost all of them, at some point. So, it may be a while before we revisit this one for an actual stay.

The cruise was out of this world. We had a fantabulous time and will absolutely do another cruise with Disney at some point in the future. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and it was a real treat to be in the Caribbean on such a beautiful ship with such an amazing crew. I do have to say that the food can be brought up a notch or two, as far as taste goes, but it was still a great cruise nonetheless.

I have a few tips that I'd like to pass along, also.

1. Bring a roll of quarters, two if you plan on doing any laundry whatsoever. Machines break.
2. Bring extra tip $ if you pack too much.
3. Don't pack too much.
4. Bring extra money for pictures. I swear those cruiseline pictures were really great, and they wiped me out.
5. Take more pictures than you think you should. The memories you'll have are priceless.
6. Enjoy your loved ones, especially at the places you love.

Thanks for reading everyone. This concludes (finally) Operation Triple S. I proclaim it successful!!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #79
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

Hi, I have really enjoyed your TR ...thanks so much for sharing :

Robert
Old 09-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #80
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Aww so sad your report is over, but I'm so glad PH enjoyed his birthday trip! I really enjoyed reading about it!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 09-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #81
kathymc
Dances in the kitchen
TR connosseur
Misses puppy breath

dont know how I missed this report but it was a great one! looks like you had an amazing time. I'm trying to talk DH into a land and sea trip some day.

thanks for sharing
May 5-12, 2007 POP + OKW Sept 27-Oct 5, 2008 Contemporary December 4-13, 2010 - BCV
March 14-17, 2013 SSPINGS
Next Trip December 7-15, 2013 - BCV
Old 09-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #82
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
Hi, I have really enjoyed your TR ...thanks so much for sharing :
Hi Bloodhound! Thanks so much for reading along all this time. I appreciate it! Now I can fully concentrate on everyone else's trips...like yours!! I bet you're so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
Aww so sad your report is over, but I'm so glad PH enjoyed his birthday trip! I really enjoyed reading about it!
Thanks for reading along! He really did enjoy it. Now I have to come up with something equally as grand for his brother's 16th in four years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymc View Post
dont know how I missed this report but it was a great one! looks like you had an amazing time. I'm trying to talk DH into a land and sea trip some day.

thanks for sharing
Hi Kathy! Thanks for reading. It was a really awesome trip. I hope your DH agrees to a land/sea in the future. He would not regret it!!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #83
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

I just found your tr and have really enjoyed it! I'm glad you guys had such a great time! We really want to do a disney cruise in the future!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR
Next trip????
Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #84
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
I just found your tr and have really enjoyed it! I'm glad you guys had such a great time! We really want to do a disney cruise in the future!
Thanks for reading! Here's some for a Disney cruise in the near future. Your girls would love it! (and so would you and your DH).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: