Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #46
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

Our 4 big guys group enjoyed the breakfast with Donald at Tuskers House as well.....we had a huge rope drop crowd as well.

We now have our flights and car rental booked for our Oct DisneyLand trip

Robert

Last edited by Bloodhound; 05-31-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 PM   #47
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglover2 View Post
Love all the pictures!!! Fishing too!!!
Thanks!! The fishing was really fun for the boys. I'm not really into it, but it made the birthday boy's year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecuberduber View Post
Hey, nice fish! I don't know much about fishing, but it looks like a dandy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
Our 4 big guys group enjoyed the breakfast with Donald at Tuskers House as well.....we had a huge rope drop crowd as well.

We now have our flights and car rental booked for our Oct DisneyLand trip
Tusker House was great! We'll definitely go back there. Wow, Disneyland here you come!! I can't wait until we go to see Mickey on the other side of the country!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #48
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Operation: Farewell WDW, Day Four Part Two

Day four part two

After we were done fishing, we made our way back to the POFQ food court. By that time everyone could use a bite to eat. So, we grabbed some chicken fingers. But, we also decided to finally try the beignets. They were tasty…a little messy, but tasty, nonetheless.

After our late lunch, we went out to the bus stop to catch a ride to AK, and then on to AKL. We didn’t wait too long, and were soon on our way back “home”. We relaxed for a while, then got ready for our last dinner at The World.

We hopped a bus to MK and made our way into our happy place once more before we were to leave. We headed over to the TTA since we had a little while before our dinner reservation. Afterwards, it was time to check in, so we headed over to Crystal Palace.

We enjoyed some time with some of our pals, and of course the yummy food.

After dinner, we headed over to see what rides we could get on. BTMRR was jammed with a 50min. wait and no FPs. So, we headed back to PotC and enjoyed that ride as we digested our Crystal Palace feast.

We decided to head back over to Tomorrowland and enjoy the TTA once more before we left The World. As we rode, we saw that the wait time for Buzz had diminished, so we decided to engage in one last battle.

As usual, PG and I rode together, while PH rode solo. He has been hiding his high scoring secrets forever, but PG and I were determined to beat him this time. We rode through, and PG and I were completely expecting to lose as usual since we weren’t having any luck. Then, unexpectedly, as I was shooting away, I hit something that gave me an astronomically huge number of points! I had no idea what it was, but I hit it more than once, and amassed an even larger number of points. I was too excited! PG was a little bummed he hadn’t gotten more points, but he was glad that we would, at long last, beat PH.

After the ride, it was official. I had finally beaten PH on Buzz Lightyear! Now, if I could only figure out what I hit, so that I could do it again, and share the secret with PG. We had fun, as usual and decided it was about time to head out. On our way out of Tomorrowland, we thought we’d get a frozen Coke. As we were walking along, PG decided he wanted to get in one last ride on the Indy Speedway, his favorite. Just as he made his way inside the line, the line was closed for the evening. He got is ride on, while PH and I sat and reflected on the day and the “end” of our trip. For all the boys knew, we were headed home the following day. I told them that we were leaving the resort, but never told them that we were going home. In actuality, tomorrow would be the day that we made our way to Port Canaveral to meet up with our new love, The Wonder.

I was so excited I couldn’t stand it, just like earlier this day. I knew that the cruise was going to be the highlight of our trip and I was completely stoked to be going on our first cruise.

As PG got off of Indy, we made our way towards the exit, we bid farewell to the place we’d come to know as our second home. And, I smiled inside, in anticipation of the new destination that would surely be a new favorite for us.

Up next: Operation: Sailaway, Day Five Part One

Old 05-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #49
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Aww you can't end it like that!! I want to know how the surprise went!!! Pleaseee!
Great last 2 chapters, sorry I didn't comment on the other one, haven't had anytime! Congrats for getting the amazingly high score on Buzz... I wish I knew the target that you have to hit too, my brother's done it twice now and he doesn't know either!!!
In case you hadn't have guessed can't wait for the next chapter!!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 06-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #50
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

Hi, we havnt been to Crytal Palace it looked wonderful...I have always liked pooh bear and friends. Mini update..we have our tickets to Mickeys trick or treat halloween party

Robert
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #51
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a wonderful trip report. I just found it today & am so excited to read about a Land & Sea cruise as I am thinking about one for next year with DD(22) & DS(18). I also appreciate the large print as I am not as young as I used to be

You have a great family there, its so nice to see a family of three like mine bonding at the happiest place on earth & your pics are priceless.
Can't wait to read about the surprise.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #52
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

deleted

Last edited by Pryncesa; 06-22-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: double post
Old 06-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #53
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
Aww you can't end it like that!! I want to know how the surprise went!!! Pleaseee!
Great last 2 chapters, sorry I didn't comment on the other one, haven't had anytime! Congrats for getting the amazingly high score on Buzz... I wish I knew the target that you have to hit too, my brother's done it twice now and he doesn't know either!!!
In case you hadn't have guessed can't wait for the next chapter!!
Sorry to keep you in suspense! I'm ready for another update today, though. Hopefully, it won't take me so long to get the next one posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
Hi, we havnt been to Crytal Palace it looked wonderful...I have always liked pooh bear and friends. Mini update..we have our tickets to Mickeys trick or treat halloween party
You should really check out Crystal Palace. We've done the breakfast and dinner so far, and both were great! Congrats on getting the MNNSHP tickets. My family LOVED the party when we went. I wish we could go this year, but my son's football schedule won't allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Wow, what a wonderful trip report. I just found it today & am so excited to read about a Land & Sea cruise as I am thinking about one for next year with DD(22) & DS(18). I also appreciate the large print as I am not as young as I used to be

You have a great family there, its so nice to see a family of three like mine bonding at the happiest place on earth & your pics are priceless.
Can't wait to read about the surprise.
Thanks for reading along and thanks so much for the kind words! Your son and daughter would surely love a cruise. My family enjoyed ours so much that we're booked on another one for next year. It won't be Disney this time ( ) but it will surely be great! Another update coming up now!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #54
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Operation: Sailaway, Day Five Part One

We got out of bed fairly early this day because we needed to pack and do laundry before we had to leave our lovely room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I, for one, didn’t get much sleep, as I was looking forward to the day and was hoping nothing would go wrong. We never do laundry on vacation, but the boys bought my “excuse” for doing so, being, I wouldn’t feel like doing it later. The laundry deal started out with issues. Once we got everything packed and/or sorted, we made our way down to the laundry room. We entered the waiting area, and found that the change machine was out of order. There was one other person in there, who was telling me the odyssey she’d been through trying to get change from anywhere else in the resort. Apparently, the CMs in The Mara, were less than helpful, and gave no suggestions about what to do. I only had a half a roll of quarters and knew that wasn’t going to be enough for the amount of clothes I had to get washed and dried. So, I sent PH to the car to get the quarters I had, and then started my loads of laundry. As the washing commenced, I sent the boys to get themselves breakfast, and I went in search of more quarters.

Based on the information the lady in the laundry room shared, I wasn’t about to try The Mara, so I headed to the concierge desk. Once I finally made it to the front of the line, the CM was going to sell me a roll of quarters, but alas, he didn’t have a roll. The most anyone back there could offer me was two dollars worth. Well, it was better than nothing. And, I wasn’t about to go to any of the other restaurants. I figured by then, they were surely done selling their quarters to people needing to do laundry. So, I made do with what I had. It would, unfortunately, mean that some things wouldn’t get completely dry, but that would have to be okay for the time being. The moral of the story is: If you anticipate doing laundry on vacation, bring your own quarters.

As we were getting everything done in the laundry room, I asked PG to go back up to our room and wait for PH and I, since it was getting close to 11AM. I wanted to make sure that we would still be able to get into our room to collect the rest of our bags. A little while later, PH and I were finished, and made our way back to the room with no problems. We began loading up the bags, two per person, to haul downstairs. After about three minutes of trying to situate things so that no one was bogged down, I gave up and said, “That’s it. I’m done with this.” I picked up the phone and called bell services to come and get our bags for us. The gentleman showed up within about ten minutes and we were on our way down in no time. I went over and retrieved the car, while the boys waited with the bellman. I gave him a nice tip after he loaded our bags, and we were on our way!

We said goodbye to what had been a lovely home for the past four days, and made our way towards what would be our home for the next three days. I told the boys that they needn’t ask me to stop for lunch because there would be a huge buffet where we were going. I pulled out my directions, which were very easy to follow, and made my way to Port Canaveral. As we drove, there were a few Disney Cruise Line buses that we passed either making their way to or from the port. The boys would comment that they wish they were on the busses going to the port. Little did they know… It was really interesting to me that they didn’t figure out that they were going in the same direction as this one cruise bus that seemed to be ahead of us the entire way there. When I had the chance, I got in front of it, so that it wouldn’t be so obvious. But, it turns out, I really didn’t need to do that, since the boys had no clue.

As we got close to the port, I told PH to get my camera out for me, and get it ready to take some pictures. As we went over that last bridge, I said, “Look!!”. They looked over and we caught our first glimpse of The Wonder.

***continued in next post***

Old 06-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #55
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

She was just as beautiful as I knew she would be. The boys still had not figured out that we were actually going on a cruise, so I said, “Surely, you guys know where we’re going now, right?”. They said, no. I said, “Uh, don’t you see the ship right there? We’re going on a cruise!!!” They started yelling and screaming, asking if it was really true. It finally sunk in, and I was able to share my excitement with them. We pulled into the port area, and I gave my information to the people that check to make sure your name is on the manifest. After that was done, I got the directions to the parking area, and after dropping off our bags, made my way on over.

After parking, we floated over to the port entrance and got in line to go through security.

It was fairly quick, and in a bit, we’d made our way up to the Disney check-in area. The CM that was greeting people advised me to go ahead and board the ship since we’d checked in at the hotel. Before doing so, we took a few pictures and got PG’s kids’ club registration done.

It had been a while since I’d had a pager. So getting used to carrying that thing was interesting. Anyway, pager in hand, we got in the short line to board the ship. My documents were reviewed, and our key cards from the resort would be used as our key cards on the ship. Everything went smoothly, and we proceeded to get our embarkation pictures taken. It was great fun and we felt like royalty as our name was announced as we walked onto the ship.

By the time we made it on, the rooms were ready. So, we immediately went up to deck 8 to check out our new digs. The room was great and spacious enough. We were totally drawn to the verandah and couldn’t wait until we actually set sail. There was a birthday surprise for PH, so we had a little cake before we made our way to the Beach Blanket Buffet.

It was pretty standard buffet fare, but we were most excited about being on the ship. There were a lot of people already on the ship enjoying the food, the pools, and everything else the ship had to offer.

After lunch, we walked around a bit to acquaint ourselves with The Wonder. She was truly a beautiful ship. I kept reminding myself that I needed to be by the Mickey Pool at 3:15 for a Dis Meet, as we were taking in the sights. The next thing I knew, it was almost four, and it was time to get ready for the safety drill. And, on top of that, I’d missed the meet!! Ah man. Well, at least I’d been able to meet one of the ladies at AKL prior to the cruise.

After the safety drill, we went back to the room for a bit before we went up for the sailaway party. This, I did not want to miss. We decided to pick a spot on deck ten, so that we could look down and see everything that was going on. We found a table and took a seat. As we were waiting for everything to get started, they began passing out streamers. It was great! PG and I both got some, and were waving them in excitement. We were at a table right against the rail, so it was a prime spot. Here are a few pictures of the festivities.

The music and energy was great! And, the Bahama Mamas were yummy. We had a great time, and after a while, we got up to give someone else a chance to enjoy our prime spot! We made our way aft, and stood by the rail as The Wonder made her way out of the port. As she did, she let out her signature tune, and we were off. The boys and I were so excited. Once we made our way completely out of the port, we went back down to our room to relax a bit and get ready for dinner. What a WONDERful day we’d had so far. We WONDERed what dinner and the rest of the evening would have in store for us.

Up next: Operation Parrot Cay, Day Five Part Two

Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #56
froglover2
Mouseketeer

Yay!!!!!!

I have been waiting the cruise post!!!!!!

I love all your pics!!
All Star Music 2009
All Star Music Aug 2011
DH DS Me
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #57
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

I'm absolutely amazed your boys didn't guess the entire car trip to the port! Well done for keeping it such a surprise! The look on their faces is fantastic, glad they look as if they loved it!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 06-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #58
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Yea, a new post. What a wonderful surprise for your boys. I can't wait to read about your cruise. Thanks for the update.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #59
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

I found this an thought you would find as awesome as I did

Robert
Old 07-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #60
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

Happy Independance Day

Robert

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: