Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #31
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Operation: EP and MK x2, Day 3 part 1

Day 3 began with everyone dragging to get out of bed. But, we all got up and ready to go since we had a lot planned for this day. We hopped down to the bus stop to await a ride to Epcot. Our plan was simply to get in a couple of rides, then head over to the MK for the rest of the day.

Once we got to Epcot, we found the same crowds we had seen the previous days. So, it wasn’t clear how much we’d be able to get done. By the time we entered the park, the wait for Soarin was really long. There was even actually a long wait for Mission Space, which we’d never encountered before. So, rather than fight the crowds for FPs for Soarin, we decided to get in line for Test Track, which had a 20min wait at the time. We went through the queue fairly quickly, and hopped in our car for a fun ride. We always enjoy this one.

After TT, PG decided he was hungry, so he ate the breakfast bar that we’d brought along in lieu of stopping for breakfast somewhere. PH wasn’t hungry, and said his stomach “felt funny”. So, with one just eating and the other one with a queasy stomach, MS was out. We sat for a while and contemplated our next course of action, and we decided to go ahead and leave for the MK. By this time, it was still very early, just after 9:30 or so. We exited as the masses entered, and made our way to the monorail station. This time it seemed to take forever for the train to get there. We weren’t really patient, either. Once it did finally come, the ride over to the TTC was uneventful. We thought about switching monorails to head over to the MK, but the line was crazy. So, we decided to take the ferry, since the line wasn’t long at all and the boat was getting ready to load.

The security line was manageable and entry was quick and painless. We took the train over to Frontierland to see what we could do. Turns out that Frontierland was more like a ghost town, which was great for us. We got FPs for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and went ahead and got in line since it was basically nonexistent. It was great! This is one of PG’s favorite rides.

After we rode, we happened upon a couple of characters, so PG and I got in line.

After this, went over to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. It was cool as usual. It is always such a nice, relaxing ride, and I always try to find something that I hadn’t noticed previously. There are so many details in this ride. Anyway, after that, it was time to use our FP for BTMR. It was another great ride. Next, we decided to go ahead and get FPs for Splash Mountain for later. We could tell it was going to be hot and the crowd was going to be descending soon. FPs secured, we headed to the train station. We got off at Toon Town and headed towards Tomorrowland. I kind of wish I’d been able to take the boys to WDW before they got “too big” for Toon Town and Fantasyland. Luckily, however, I have a baby (my great-niece) that I can enjoy those areas with someday.

Anyway, by this time, it was nearing lunch time, and I’d wanted to go to Columbia Harbor House. But, the boys didn’t decide they were hungry until we had made it all the way to the other side of the park. So, we went to Cosmic Ray’s instead. It was good, as usual. After lunch, we got FP’s for Buzz for later. The FP machines for SM were down, so that was out. So, we walked back over to Toon Town and took the train back to Frontierland. PH and I headed to Splash to get our Brer Rabbit on. It was so cool. I love that ride. PG hates drops, so he sat this one out, as well. After Splash, it was time to have a snack, and a Dole Whip was in order, for me, anyway. The boys enjoyed yummy coke floats instead. Snacks consumed, we walked back to Tomorrowland to see how many points we could rack up. PG and I usually ride together so that we can team up against PH, who always wins. It’s an ongoing rivalry. He always gets a huge number of points. This time, was no different, unfortunately.

After being annihilated by my son on Buzz, we left Tomorrowland and headed towards the exit. Before doing so, we grabbed a couple of buckets of popcorn, and some water. That popcorn is sooo good. I love it! We then made our way down Main ST and through the exit. The wait for the bus was short, and we hopped on, happy to escape the heat.

Our plan for the afternoon would be to hit the arcade and relax until time for dinner at Boma!

Up next: Operation: African Dining Experience, Day 3 Part 2

Old 05-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #32
Rebecuberduber
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to drop a note to let you know I'm enjoying your report! Your boys seem like loads of fun. Can't wait for the next installment, and of course I'm riveted to hear about the big cruise surprise!

My trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274434

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #33
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecuberduber View Post
Just wanted to drop a note to let you know I'm enjoying your report! Your boys seem like loads of fun. Can't wait for the next installment, and of course I'm riveted to hear about the big cruise surprise!
Hi there. Thanks so much for reading along. I appreciate it!! Next installment coming up!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #34
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Operation: African Dining Experience, Day 3 Part 2

When we last left off, our crew was headed back home to the lovely AKL. We were a bit tired, and ready to relax a bit. After a quick visit with our animal friends, and a little relaxation, we headed down to the arcade for a few games. The boys were on the look-out for racing games and I was on the look-out for Ms. Pac Man. Yes, I know I am old.

The boys found their games of choice and I found mine. Only, mine was occupied, so I lolly-gagged around for a little while trying to find something else to play. I think I played Centipede or Galaga or whatever. I can’t remember. It was old school, so I was familiar. Then, after a short while, my game was free!! I headed over and got my Ms. Pac Man on. I love that game. My sister was the Ms. Pac Man queen when we were growing up and to this day, I still can’t beat her at it. I remember her playing that game, all the while, eating a Jolly Rancher stix. If you’re old enough to remember those, I wonder if you miss them as much as my sister and I do. Our favorites were sour apple, fruit punch, strawberry, and grape. Ah, the good ol’ days.

Anyway, Private Happy and I decided to goof off a bit and take a few silly photos to have as a souvenir. We’d never done that before, so it was cool. Yet another memory for his 16th birthday.

Once we were done at the arcade, we went back up to get ready for dinner at Boma. We had a 5:30 reservation and when we got there, the place was packed. We got our buzzer and had a seat. This seemed to be the longest of any wait we’d had thus far. As we were waiting, we met Ness2289 and her cute daughter, who were also there for dinner. Ness was also going on the cruise following her stay at WDW, and she was about as excited as I was. (The boys would have been excited, as well, had they known about it! LOL) It was great meeting them! I saw them a few times on the ship, as well, but never really had a chance to chit chat.

Shortly after our brief Dis meet, we were seated, and started to fill our plates. I do have to say that the selection was great. Although, there was not necessarily that much that I actually wanted to try. I did try the couscous, which I’d never had before. We tried the Fufu, Potatoes with Afritude, roasted chicken, Zebra domes, a beef dish, bobotie (sp?) and a couple of other little dessert dishes. Everything was good, but not great. I honestly have to say I don’t think we’ll be visiting this place again. Next, I want to try Jiko. Boma is officially scratched off of my list of restaurants to try. However, I do have to say that my cocktail this evening was very yummy. I wish I could recall the name of it because it was so good, I had two. The service was great here, as well as the ambiance. If you’re looking for something different, I’d say give it a try. Here are a few pictures from dinner.

Up next: Operation: Africa, Japan, and Port Orleans, Day 4 part one

Last edited by Pryncesa; 05-16-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #35
froglover2
Mouseketeer

Lovin your TR.
We did Boma last time enjoyed the restaurant but will not go back.
You look like you had a great time!
All Star Music 2009
All Star Music Aug 2011
DH DS Me
Old 05-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #36
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

wow that birthday 'cake' platter looks so yummy I'm almost drooling! Looks like your son loved it!
No shame in liking pac man! My dad still loves it and is always going on about when he used to play it!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #37
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

Hi where is this place?

Boston Lobster Feast. I had heard about this place on the Dis, and if anyone was up for an all you can eat seafood buffet, with lobster no less, it was my boy Private Happy. We chowed down on crab legs, lobster, shrimp, veggies, salad, fish, etc. for a while. PH was in heaven . He loved that place and asked if we could go back on our next trip to Disney. I said sure!! Here he is after chowing down!

Robert
Old 05-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #38
froglover2
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about the cruise!! We love cruisen and would love to do a Disney one!
All Star Music 2009
All Star Music Aug 2011
DH DS Me
Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #39
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglover2 View Post
Lovin your TR.
We did Boma last time enjoyed the restaurant but will not go back.
You look like you had a great time!
We did have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
wow that birthday 'cake' platter looks so yummy I'm almost drooling! Looks like your son loved it!
No shame in liking pac man! My dad still loves it and is always going on about when he used to play it!
Yes, my son did enjoy the birthday platter, and he was kind enough to share. It was good. I will always love the "old school" video games. The new ones are great and so realistic, but I'll always like the ones I grew up with, better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
Hi where is this place?

Boston Lobster Feast.
There are a couple of locations in the Orlando area. I'll PM you some info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglover2 View Post
Can't wait to hear about the cruise!! We love cruisen and would love to do a Disney one!
If you love to cruise, you will REALLY love a Disney cruise. They are quite expensive, but I have to tell you that I can't way to go on another one. Even my 16-year-old is quite anxious to go on another Disney cruise.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #40
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

Thanks again ...looks great

Robert

Last edited by Bloodhound; 05-25-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #41
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post

Thanks again ...looks great

Here is a Dole Whip for you being so helpful....lol

Yummy! I love those! thanks.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #42
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Operation: Africa, Japan, and Port Orleans, Day 4 part one

Day four was going to be a great day. I was so excited , I could hardly stand it. We woke early for our 8:15 AM breakfast ADR at Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. The stroll to Africa with an empty park was just great. I really enjoyed that.

Once we got there, we sat for just a few minutes, and then we were called up for our picture.

Then, we were led inside, and sat near the food, which is a huge plus with two hungry young men. We enjoyed a fantabulous breakfast with the characters, and finally got to meet the elusive Daisy. Here are a few pictures from our experience.

After breakfast, we went out to the rope so that we could make our way to Expedition Everest as soon as the park officially opened. After the rope fell, we hurried on over, which is exactly what the THRONGS of other guests had in mind as well.

We were nearly trampled, and seriously doubted that we would make it in one piece . Well, make it we did, along with everyone else. Alas, by the time we did make it, the wait time was astronomically high, and the fast pass lines were quite long. I left the decision to PH, as this is his most favorite ride in all of WDW. Should we stand in line to get FPs and wait around to ride, or do we get in line and wait to ride? He decided against both options, so we went on our merry way. There was nothing else anyone wanted to do there at that point. So, we made our way out to wait on a bus to Epcot.

Once at Epcot, the plan was simple. Get to Test Track, get to World Showcase or more specifically, Japan, and head out. And, basically, that is exactly what we did. We love TT, so the 20 minute wait was quite doable. Then, we made our way to WS to chill until it officially opened. Once it did, we hung around Mexico so that I could 1, make a purchase inside and 2, get myself a ‘rita. I LOVE those Margaritas.

As I sipped, we slowly strolled past all of the lovely countries on our way to Japan. PG simply had to get there so that he could buy “something”. He had no idea what he wanted, but he had to buy something from the store there. Japan is his most favorite place in all of WS. Purchases made, we took a Friendship boat back to Mexico and made our way out. I told the youngsters that we needed to go to POFQ, so we made our way to the bus stop for that resort. Here are a few pictures from our last visit to EP this trip.

Continued in next post…

Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #43
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

Day Four Part One, Continued

The boys had no idea why we were going to POFQ, and I wasn’t about to tell them. Once we got to the resort, we went into the food court area to relax for a bit since, we had a little while for our appointment time. They were still full from breakfast, so no one wanted to eat anything. I have to say I was shocked, as PH is always hungry.

Anyway, about 1:15 PM, I say, let’s go out to the river area for a while. We found a bench and had a seat. About five minutes later, I see the boat approaching, so I get up. As I’m doing so, the fishing guide asks some other guests if they were going fishing. They said no, and I yelled, “We are!”. I don’t think he heard me, but PH had caught on by now, and helped me out by yelling louder. We made our way down to the dock and introduced ourselves to Darin from Alaska. He was to be our fishing guide for the next two hours.

PH was beside himself. He LOVES fishing and could not believe that we were going out on a real boat in Disney waters. We all took a seat and headed in the direction of the Downtown Disney area. Darin chose a spot in a corner and the boys tried their luck. As we were waiting for a bite, another boat came by, with a lot of passengers on it. As it was going by, it was passed by a speed boat. And, it was indeed speeding. Unfortunately, a gentleman from the passenger boat was literally caught in the boat’s wake, as water splashed up and onto his shorts. He was furious! I thought it was terrible, but it was also a little funny. I hoped he didn’t stay mad too long.

After about 30 minutes or so, we left this area to one closer to POR. Darin said that this area was known for big fish. So, we were looking forward to a catch. Shortly after we dropped anchor and set up a few poles, we got a bite! And, it was a big one! Darin told PG to grab the pole and start reeling it in. It was so exciting! The pole was bending far over, so clearly it was a really big one! PG reeled and reeled, getting more and more tired, poor thing. Darin helped a bit, and then went to get the net ready. Finally, PG reeled him in, and there he was! It was the biggest catch of the day. Here are a few pics of the boys fishing, and one with our guide, Darin.

Up next: Operation: Farewell WDW, Day Four Part Two

Old 05-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #44
froglover2
Mouseketeer

Love all the pictures!!! Fishing too!!!
All Star Music 2009
All Star Music Aug 2011
DH DS Me
Old 05-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #45
Rebecuberduber
Mouseketeer

Hey, nice fish! I don't know much about fishing, but it looks like a dandy!

My trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274434

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: