Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #91
Michael_Shannon
Earning My Ears

What a great trip. Just seeing all of those pictures gets me excited for our upcoming trip this December. Couple of questions for you: Where did you get the matching t-shirts with everyones name? Number two I have been Florida in the dead of August when the heat is unbearable. How was the weather, temperature wise, in November? Trying to determine what clothing items we will need to pack. We are coming from Maine so our dress is just a little different in the winter than what is needed down there. Any info you can share is appreciated.

Michael
Old 03-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #92
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moonk's Mom View Post
Wow, it is so amazing how reading somebody else's TR gets you so excited! Your family is too cute! My DD8 saw the pictures from the RPDE and wants to know why she can't do it!! She is a HUGE Kasey Kahne fan!

Love the report!
Glad to have you along. I feel the same way about reading TR's. It's a great way to keep spirits up while waiting for your next Disney trip. Thanks for the comment. She must have liked the car DH got to drive then?! He had a lot of fun and we did also just being there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Shannon View Post
What a great trip. Just seeing all of those pictures gets me excited for our upcoming trip this December. Couple of questions for you: Where did you get the matching t-shirts with everyones name? Number two I have been Florida in the dead of August when the heat is unbearable. How was the weather, temperature wise, in November? Trying to determine what clothing items we will need to pack. We are coming from Maine so our dress is just a little different in the winter than what is needed down there. Any info you can share is appreciated.

Michael

Glad you came by! I made the shirts with some designs that were made for me by the wonderful people on the DISigns board here on the dis. They are wonderfully talented people. I got shirts made for our first trip also and I always love them. We are planning on going in December this year also. We are also used to very different winters than Florida and I am trying to gather tips for the weather in December as well. When we went in Feb. in 06' and in Nov. in 07' it was pretty near perfect weather both times. It was a little bit chillier in Nov.(mainly just in the mornings). Usually around 70 something and we never got rained on!!!(knock on wood) We just wore jackets in the mornings until it warmed up. We never needed to wear a long sleeve shirt, just jackets we could take off late morning and put back on later in the evening. I hope the weather in December is nice. I have heard so far that it can either be quite chilly or nice and warm so I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #93
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

still AK day

After we left the FOTLK the lines for the characters outside weren't too bad so we hopped in a couple. First was the main mouse!! MICKEY!! I have some video of Cole's reaction to these characters and it is so cute. He was SOOO excited, kicking his legs and reaching for them, laughing the whole time. It was too cute. Also while in the line to see Mickey Cole made us laugh. You see, we've always said Cole is a big flirt. He will smile and wave at any girl and flirt like crazy. So, when we got in line and there was a pretty, young lady in front of us he immediately started flirting and trying to get her attention. The cutest thing was as soon as he got her to turn around he smacked his lips and made the sound like a kiss. It was so cute/funny because he had never done this before. She immediately smiled and gushed over how cute it was and blew him a kiss right back. It made for a funny memory. ANYWAY, here are some of the pics of Mickey. (sorry for getting off track,lol)

ANy one else ever notice that safari Mickey seems noticeably shorter than regular Mickey? I was a little surprised when DS Dylan was almost as tall as him. I guess mice are just smaller in the jungle?! lol

Then it was on to loveable ole Goofy! He was really sweet and took time messing around with us. I have some really sweet photopass pics of Cole and him when I find where they are. Cole had a hold of his whiskers and was trying to eat his nose. Goofy was the best character interaction we had.

After Goofy we decided to head over to Dinoland which my dinosaur-loving boys were pretty excited about. Minnie was available also but let's face it, I have 3 boys and they weren't interested in a photo with her so since we were trying to see all we could we moved on.

Here is Goofy again!

And his fishing buddy, Donald

We had to stop and get a couple family tree shots while there was a photopass person there. This is when we got the Simba picture done that I will post with the rest of the photopass pics when I load them. This one was taken with our camera

Poor me, I don't fit in , no sunglasses

DH's favorite, the bald eagle

Up next...Dinoland

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #94
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

OK first of ALL....you are sooo LUCKY, i never see that many characters and get pics with them....Great Job you took nice pics...Now i cant wait to go back try to catch the characters and take pictures!!!!! I love the donald fishing and the goofy sleeping, where is that at??? Ive never seen that and Ive been to AK soo many times.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:07 PM   #95
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
OK first of ALL....you are sooo LUCKY, i never see that many characters and get pics with them....Great Job you took nice pics...Now i cant wait to go back try to catch the characters and take pictures!!!!! I love the donald fishing and the goofy sleeping, where is that at??? Ive never seen that and Ive been to AK soo many times.
We haven't ever gotten to take pics with any charters at MK really so when we saw them all at AK we were very excited. The fab four were standing in seperate little gazebos just outside from where FOTLK show is(across the walkway). The Goofy and Donald fishing is to the side of the bridge you go across after you are in Camp Minnie Mickey. After you go across the big bridge to get over to Camp Minnie Mickey to your right is the small wood bridge, that is where they are(like on your way to FOTLK).
I hope this year if we return that we can track down some characters at Epcot and MGM (DHS) since we have never been but I always see people with lots of pics. Also, I really hope to find a few characters at MK.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #96
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Great updates! Love the short Mickey! Goofy looks taller in the jungle than the other places, too. Or maybe I was just looking after you pointed the shorter Mickey!

Cutie flirty boy! Love the sleeping picture! Adorable.

We have never made it to Camp Minnie Mickey! Probably has something to do with always being with a large group when we go to Disney - we just can't fit it all in when we are dragging a herd of elephants through the park!

Looking forward to your next update....

Sara
Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #97
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Great updates! Love the short Mickey! Goofy looks taller in the jungle than the other places, too. Or maybe I was just looking after you pointed the shorter Mickey!

Cutie flirty boy! Love the sleeping picture! Adorable.

We have never made it to Camp Minnie Mickey! Probably has something to do with always being with a large group when we go to Disney - we just can't fit it all in when we are dragging a herd of elephants through the park!

Looking forward to your next update....

Sara
He might be taller, I haven't ever gotten close to the "normal" Goofy so I didn't notice. I just was able to really notice Mickey for some reason. Like someone put him in the dryer

Love your comment about the herd of elephants. I could imagine that would be more difficult. We are going to try to get some others to come with us this year so we might find out.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #98
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

AK day......Dinoland U.S.A.

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, it was time to head over to dinoland. Dylan and Blake (especially Dylan) have always LOVED dinosaurs so they were excited to see this part and I was excited for them. Also, I had told them a lot about all of the rides in this park since we had never been and they were really looking forward to Dinosaur the ride and Primevil Whirl.

Not too long after we got to Dinoland we decided it would be a good time to get some lunch. Each day we went to a park we would eat a decent breakfast before we went, then we would eat a late lunch in the park (around 2p.m.) and we would eat a big supper when we left the parks(to save money and get more food for our money).

ANYWAY, we decided to eat at Restaurantosaurus

Blake and I got hot dogs with fries and Jerry and Dylan got burgers with fries (all very nutritious I know)by the way, those ketchup containers look huge,lol.

Then we walked around some just looking at stuff and decided to head towards Dinosaur

First it was me and the boys (I'm always first to check stuff out, my big strong hubby has a weak stomach for coasters )

Our redneck photo (we're in the back row) I didn't know which side the big dinosaur came out on and Dylan wanted that side so the poor guy got it worse)

They both LOVED it of course (as did I) so they went again with their dad while I sat on a bench outside and nursed Cole.
Here is their redneck photo

Afterwards we walked around some more

We found primevil whirl and went to hop on. But wait......they said Blake was just barely too short!!!! OH NO!!!! I had been talking about this for quite awhile (because I thought I saw online that he was tall enough for everything) and now he couldn't go?! Dylan of course still wanted to go and so Blake being the sweetie he is said somewhat sadly, "It's ok Dylan, you and mom can go and I'll wait with dad." After double checking it was alright with him and telling him that he could still ride EE (go figure, he can ride the biggest coaster but not this ) Dylan and I hopped on. We both loved this ride and I told Blake it was probably a good thing he didn't go. Since this ride spins you round and round and he is such a skinny but he might have flung right out of the seat. Sadly, we don't have any pics from this ride. I'm not sure why.

Up next, Khali River Rapids and the biggest mistake of the trip.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #99
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

found your report and am all caught up now and I find it really enjoyable.

Great pics.

Sea World looked like alot of fun.

Looking forward to more.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #100
hannahsmom7
Mouseketeer

Great TR! Your kids are adorable and I love all your pics. Can't wait to read the rest! I love your shirts too. I'll have to check out that board here! Do they just make you the design and you print it on an iron-on transfer or do you order the whole shirt? They look great! My husband would never go for it, but my kids would love them!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #101
hannahsmom7
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Dylan_&_Blake's_mom;23933227]

[QUOTE]

That little kid's face in the front corner is hysterical!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #102
krismom
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I haven't finished the report yet- but I had to say what a beautiful family! I have 3 boys as well- though they're much closer in age! (4,6 and 6)
I have to ask if you recall which designer did the Mickey head shirts for you? I couldn't find them after an extensive search!
Loved the Seaworld photos- great photography!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #103
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Lovely report! Pictures are always a plus. I always feel that in the future when I have my own family, I'm going to end up with a family of boys (because I want a baby girl). Looking at your pictures and how wonderful your sons look makes me see that that wouldn't be bad at all! They're all such good sports to wear the same shirts and take all those pictures! I always imagined sons (based on my own brothers~) would refuse to do those things.

Cole in those sunglasses ... adorable! But I must say, I do really have a soft spot for Blake ... fellow middle child and all

Can't wait for more!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #104
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Great pix....

Too bad that Blake was too short for Hurl, but you're right. That ride does fling you around quite a bit.

Those character pix are too awesome.

The pix in front of the Tree of Life are great.

Can never have enough ketchup.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #105
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
found your report and am all caught up now and I find it really enjoyable.

Great pics.

Sea World looked like alot of fun.

Looking forward to more.
Glad you are here! Sea World is a beautiful place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom7 View Post
Great TR! Your kids are adorable and I love all your pics. Can't wait to read the rest! I love your shirts too. I'll have to check out that board here! Do they just make you the design and you print it on an iron-on transfer or do you order the whole shirt? They look great! My husband would never go for it, but my kids would love them!
Glad you came by! THanks for the compliments. This is the one and only time my husband will wear "stupid" tshirts as he calls them. I guess it 's the one little bit of Disney spirit he has. Plus, he says he won't see anyone he knows anyway. The designers have a BUNCH of designs. You find one you like and ask them to customize it for you how you want and they do it. They are WONDERFUL, talented ladies. Yes, you just print them on transfer paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismom View Post
I haven't finished the report yet- but I had to say what a beautiful family! I have 3 boys as well- though they're much closer in age! (4,6 and 6)
I have to ask if you recall which designer did the Mickey head shirts for you? I couldn't find them after an extensive search!
Loved the Seaworld photos- great photography!
Thanks for coming by! THank you for the compliments. Sounds like you have your hands full also. I can't remember right off hand which designer did which but I will try to find out and let you know. It was probably Amy (M_I_C_K_E_Y).
I love all the scenery at Sea World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Lovely report! Pictures are always a plus. I always feel that in the future when I have my own family, I'm going to end up with a family of boys (because I want a baby girl). Looking at your pictures and how wonderful your sons look makes me see that that wouldn't be bad at all! They're all such good sports to wear the same shirts and take all those pictures! I always imagined sons (based on my own brothers~) would refuse to do those things.

Cole in those sunglasses ... adorable! But I must say, I do really have a soft spot for Blake ... fellow middle child and all

Can't wait for more!
Thsnks for coming! Boys are great. I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, no girls means less drama and I am the "Queen" of the family.lol. The boys like the shirts (with their favorite characters) for now. I'm sure some day soon they will give me grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Great pix....

Too bad that Blake was too short for Hurl, but you're right. That ride does fling you around quite a bit.

Those character pix are too awesome.

The pix in front of the Tree of Life are great.

Can never have enough ketchup.
HEY! Yeah, he was upset but understanding. Love that you call it Hurl. I could definately see why you call it that.

I was glad we got to see some characters finally.

I love all the boys in their shades

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: