Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #76
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the day, when we go next year it will also be our first time at AK.
I love the boys customized shirts

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 03-18-2008, 02:23 AM   #77
Lemming_of_the_BDA
The Big Cheese made two mistakes

I found your trip report and am loving it. I'm trying to get inspired to write one for our upcoming trip in May. Your boys are adorable and I'm loving following along with such a fun trip.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #78
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Great updates! YOur AK pictures are terrific! We saw the rhinos (they were right next to the jeep too), but we never saw the baby! That's very cute!

Looking forward to more... you did ride Everest, right?

Sara
Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 AM   #79
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Can't wait to hear about the rest of the day, when we go next year it will also be our first time at AK.
I love the boys customized shirts
Thanks for the comments. AK is a really neat place. We enjoyed it a lot. The wonderfu shirts are due to the very talented people here at the creative DISigns thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming_of_the_BDA View Post
I found your trip report and am loving it. I'm trying to get inspired to write one for our upcoming trip in May. Your boys are adorable and I'm loving following along with such a fun trip.
Glad to see you here! I bother you often on your WONDERFUL design thread. Thank you for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Great updates! YOur AK pictures are terrific! We saw the rhinos (they were right next to the jeep too), but we never saw the baby! That's very cute!

Looking forward to more... you did ride Everest, right?

Sara
OF COURSE I RODE EVEREST, some others in my party however did not,lol.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #80
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

AK day continued...again.

Ok, so after the safari I'lm not sure exactly what we did but I do know at some point while we were walking around looking we heard some commotion going on so we went to see what it was. Here is what we saw:

Now, if any of you have seen this before you know they are quite loud but Cole's reaction, or should I say...lack of, cracked me up. I have some video of them and I show Cole in his stroller because he had NO reaction to them the whole time we watched. He usually loves music and watching people move all around so I figured he would be laughing and dancing but I don't think he so much as moved a muscle. He must have been getting really wore out.

Had to take another pic on our way back across the bridge

And the boys always have to try out these things wherever they see them

Sorry, photobucket is being a snail once again. I will be back later with more.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 03-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #81
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

WOW I never saw those "stick your head through things" in the park, Im gonna have to look for them...They are such cute pictures! THe Bridge picture of your husband and boys should be framed...very cute!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #82
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

I found your trip report this afternoon and instead of just "peeking" I ended up reading all six pages at once! What an adorable crew you have!! I enjoyed your Sea World pictures. That penguin one cracked me up for some reason.

Also, the shot of the hippo with the vultures surrounding him (and one even on him) is priceless. Too funny.

And the picture of your boys by the dolphin fountain...SUPER CUTE!

Thanks for sharing your trip!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #83
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
WOW I never saw those "stick your head through things" in the park, Im gonna have to look for them...They are such cute pictures! THe Bridge picture of your husband and boys should be framed...very cute!
Yeah, the boys like to do those things when they find them. I can't remember exactly where they were. I like the bridge pic too except Cole has his eyes closed due to sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
I found your trip report this afternoon and instead of just "peeking" I ended up reading all six pages at once! What an adorable crew you have!! I enjoyed your Sea World pictures. That penguin one cracked me up for some reason.

Also, the shot of the hippo with the vultures surrounding him (and one even on him) is priceless. Too funny.

And the picture of your boys by the dolphin fountain...SUPER CUTE!

Thanks for sharing your trip!
Glad you are here. Thank you for the compliments. The hippo shot is one that cracks me up every time also. The dolphin sculpture photo is one of my favorites from the trip. I went over to check out your TR today. You have an adorable crew also. Your TR is a lot further along then mine so I had to kind of browse for now. I was going to ask you if you knew what you were going to have but then I saw the part where you told. That's neat. A lot of people would say scary but since I am the mother of 3 boys also I can understand how you feel. I would've been happy with a girl the third time around but I'm glad I had my youngest prince. We are used to boys around here and I love all of my little princes more than anything. Besides, they said then we would have to have "girl" toys around here, who wants that?lol Anyway, I will continue to try and catch up on your TR and make a comment when I get caught up. Great job so far though, I am enjoying it. I hope you stick around for my sad attempt also.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #84
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

AK day continued yet again

We decided to head over to the other section of the park that we hadn't seen yet. (sorry, I don't remember the name of said section)

Just some pics along the way

A little friend we spotted on the rock

Some familiar faces

Right away we came across the fab four characters. We had already checked the time to see FOTLK and we didn't have a whole lot of time before we wanted to get in line for it so we jumped in the closest line which was......

DONALD's!!! One of our favorites!
Like I have said before I have to find where my Dh put the photopass pics on this computer but until then here is one of mine

Then it was time to get in line. They wouldn't let us down to the doors yet so I found a shady spot nearby (close enough to see when they started allowing folks to line up) and nursed Cole. We heard music so DH and the boys decided to see where it was coming from. They were gone for awhile and when they finally returned I found out what took so long to investigate. In my DH's words, " It was Pocahontas, she's hot!" lol Anyway, Cole fell asleep and then they started to let people line up at what we thought was the entrance. After standing there for quite a while we were then allowed down farther. We thought we were going into the show only to find out we were just moving down next to the doors to wait in a new line. (did this happen to anyone who didn't know better also?) It seemed like foreve standing there holding this sleeping angel....

I didn't want to switch him off or put him in the stroller (only to get him right back out when we got in there) because I knew he needed as much of a nap as possible. So, after my back was KILLING me they finally opened the doors and let us in. By the way, we were first outside one of the doors which was nice.
Then it began. A lot of my pictures didn't turn out in here but these are a few of the decent ones

I was sitting on the very edge (2 rows back) where the people come out from the back. At one point I looked over because I noticed that Cole(who was on my lap) was laughing and reaching to the side of me instead of looking ahead at the show. This is what I saw

This nice young man was bending down talking and playing with Cole while waiting to go out. It was very sweet.

The older two liked these guys the best

The main man...I couldn't get a good shot of him looking at me

This was a show that we really enjoyed and we were all glad we had gotten the opportunity to see it. My DH said he doesn't know if he'd really want to watch it more than once though so I'm not sure if we will do it again next time or not. Maybe we will just try to catch one of the shows we didn't see this time.

Coming up next... Which character would we meet next?

Old 03-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #85
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Great pix.

The section is called Camp Minnie and Mickey.

I like the FOTLK, but like your DH, not something I have to see everytime.

Sleeping babies look so cute.....
Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 AM   #86
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi! I followed you over from Jordan's TR. I've read yours - you're doing a great job! I love all the pics, and your boys are adorable!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #87
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

I love the pics of Daisy Duck and Hewy Dewy Louis! Love it. I think I spelled their names right lol Cant wait for more!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #88
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Thanks for the updates

The FOLK is another one that is still on our list to see.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #89
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Great pix.

The section is called Camp Minnie and Mickey.

I like the FOTLK, but like your DH, not something I have to see everytime.

Sleeping babies look so cute.....
Thanks, I couldn't think of it for the life of me. Maybe because it was 1 a.m., lol.

Yeah, I wouldn't have to see it everytime either so I am ok with that.

That is when they are the most beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi! I followed you over from Jordan's TR. I've read yours - you're doing a great job! I love all the pics, and your boys are adorable!
YAY< one of Jordan's peeps! Glad you came by. Thanks for the compliments. Hope to see you on here again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
I love the pics of Daisy Duck and Hewy Dewy Louis! Love it. I think I spelled their names right lol Cant wait for more!!!!!!!!
Aren't they cute?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Thanks for the updates

The FOLK is another one that is still on our list to see.

It is a really neat show and the boys enjoyed it also. A different experience for us.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #90
The Moonk's Mom
DIS Veteran

Wow, it is so amazing how reading somebody else's TR gets you so excited! Your family is too cute! My DD8 saw the pictures from the RPDE and wants to know why she can't do it!! She is a HUGE Kasey Kahne fan!

Love the report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: